[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be me. >Have Shiny Charm >Have Japanese Ditto >Hatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4124.jpg (624KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4124.jpg
624KB, 1080x1920px
Be me.
>Have Shiny Charm
>Have Japanese Ditto
>Hatch over 1000 Penta-Poochyena with egg moves in Quick Balls, no shiny
>Take break to complete living dex for AS shiny charm/Moon shiny charm
>Breed a bunch of mons, no everstone/not caring about IVs

THEN THIS THING FUCKS THE HELL UP.

Careful nature. Missing HP Special Attack, and Defense. Totally useless. But it's my first Masuda shiny and a pseudo at that, so I'm ecstatic.

MM stories to distract from Sun/Moon?
>>
My first shiny I ever hatched was a Piplup, in only 23 eggs. Haven't hatched a shiny since.

(Hatched in Gen 4--STILL haven't hatched anything in Gen 6, but maybe things will get better in Gen 7...)
>>
>>29322150
I can make hundreds of those with good natures and perfect IV in minutes with pchex.
>>
>be me
>No shiny charm
>Got Seedot from WT
>Go to Daycare so I can name my Seedot
>One Egg, It's shiny
>>
>>29322246
And you get no joy, satisfaction, or pride in doing so, and everyone knows they're hacked.
>>
>>29322277
>>29322246

This, I don't like to hack shinies, I like them being special.
And if you hack, what's the difference? Shiny or not shiny is the same
>>
>>29322277
All I know is you wasted time with your crap and he got 100 perfect ones and the same work and dedication for both shows equally.

They are the same thing, you can't tell if one is hacked or not.
>>
>>29322277
Generally if I see a shiny without any major stat flaws I just assume it's hacked unless I personally know the person using them is autistic
>>
OP here, this is a MM-story/achievement thread. I don't mind hacked shinies, but let's keep hacking v hunting ethics discussion to a minimum.
>>
>>29322351

Then you can just make some flawed shinies too so you can show them you failed a hundred times working your way up.

Literally is no difference between hacked shinies and real ones other than you didn't waste time with hacked ones.
>>
>shiny charm
>masuda
>hatch shiny eevee with max special attack and speed, modest nature
i'll take what i can get wew
>>
>>29322150
Ended up getting my shiny Poochyena a few weeks ago. Jolly natured, which is pretty good, but her imperfect IV is in Speed. I'll probably transfer her into SM to hyper train the Speed stat up. Normally don't shiny hunt, but I tried getting one since it's my favorite mon.
I hacked my appearance in X, but for some reason I don't really like hacking mons themselves. Not exactly sure why.
>>
>>29322403
Wasn't there something about raising IV's in sun/moon anyway? As long as the nature and ability are right that would be perfectly fine
>>
>>29322150
I doubt you would be interested, but would you be interested in trading young Curtis for a shiny Numel? Modest with 5 max ivs missing defence if you're interested.
>>
>breeding Cyndaquils
>get shiny
>timid
>31/x/31/31/31/31
That was a good day.
>>
>>29322277

a properly hacked pokemon is indistinguishable from a legit one.

has long has everything is in order and has nothing blatantly obvious like a mon in a ball it shouldn't be in (like a gen 6 mon that's not a evo of a older gen mon in a pre-gen 6 exclusive ball like dream or a apicorn ball) or illegal move
>>
File: 1449334169951.png (44KB, 253x271px) Image search: [Google]
1449334169951.png
44KB, 253x271px
>>29322150
I've been using the DexNav to hunt since the beginning of this week and I already have 4 shinies, yet it'll take me a week tops to hatch a single shiny using MM + Charm.

I don't know how I'm gonna move on to SM when the DexNav spoiled me this much. Say what you will about the games, but this feature was god-tier.
>>
congrats, I just got a shiny Thundorus but he's lonely
>>
>>29322492
Sorry dude. I do love numel, but this one's special because he's my first.
>>
>>29322556
>tops

Sorry I meant minimum.
>>
Accidentally ended up hatching a shiny Woobat filling up my Living Dex, that was a fun day.
>>
>>29322571
I understand dude. Congrats on the shiny. I know it's not what you had your heart set on, but hey Hydreigon is a badass shiny. At least it wasn't a Stunfisk like mine was by accident.
>>
>>29322556
I've only ever encountered a Zorua shiny despite chains over 100. Yes, I know chains don't actually matter in dexnav, but I have chained a lot with no luck.

interesting note about Sun/Moon and shinies: 50 of the released Alolan regional dex are confirmed water types. There may possibly be more. Chain fishing variety?

If they keep
>>
>>29322619
Do chains not actually matter in DexNav? I read something about it doing 17 shiny checks per Pokemon on 100+ chains.
>>
>>29322471
Yeah it had its dw ability
>>
My first MM shiny was clauncher, right before they discovered chain fishing.
>>
>>29322654
I have seen a few YouTube videos saying it's been reevaluated as just a flat, higher chance... like masuda or especially like Friend Safari. But... It IS YouTube.
>>
File: IMG_3043.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3043.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>29322150
Actually the same story as you, except I'm going for a luxury ball honedge, and this guy shows up
>>
I've yet to find a Shiny Pokemon in any games expect for in Crystal where I accidentally killed it. I'm now 27 yrs old and have yet to come across a single one; excluding the Red Gyarados of course. I don't bother with chaining or any of that nonsense, it takes to much time and I'm an impatient fuck outside of grinding for IV's/EV's
>>
MM'd for a shiny Ponyta (1000 eggs), Vulpix (200 eggs), and Spheal (600 eggs). Silvy the Ninetales and Cecile the Walrein are my bros (though they're both female) in X. The Ponyta was a gift for a friend who loves horses. Her name is Nightmare and she's a lovely Rapidash now. I visited my friend the other day and I played with her Rapidash in Amie. Her personality quirk is that she is 'somewhat vain' and I said to my friend that I think shinies have every right to be vain

Got a shiny Chespin by accident once when I was just trying to breed female starters. His name is Natsu and he's a Chesnaught now, but I think regular Chesnaught looks better than the shiny.
>>
>Be me
>Out doing my thing, catching legendaries
>Crescent isle appears, time to catch Cresselia
>Random encounter shiny
>Lose mind, uses sole Master Ball

FeelsGood
>>
>Male Dugtrio w/ Rototiller known
>Female Sandslash w/ Hidden Ability
>11 eggs later, shiny happens
>Knows Rototiller and Crush Claw, and has its HA

Personal record right there. My last shiny was a penta perfect Charmander in a Luxury Ball, but it took 190~ eggs before I got it. Before that, I hadn't been lucky with MM shinies. Every shiny I've had prior to these two was from random encounters.
>>
>first get X
>throw some shitmons into wondertrade
>get a female adamant rhyhorn from japan
>neat
>never tried using rhyhorn early game before
>breed it with an everstone
>4th egg
>shiny adamant rhyhorn

I used it during the whole run, it took me back to my days of shiny wurmple and nosepass in my first ruby run
That was such a fucking lucky run, pity the wurmple went dustox
>>
>>29323493
> I've yet to find a Shiny Pokemon in any games expect for in Crystal where I accidentally killed it.
> I'm now 27 yrs old and have yet to come across a single one

You have seen one.

Go ride around in the Friend Safari for half an hour. Would be surprised if your luck didn't change.
>>
>>29323493
Not even in Battle Frontier? I don't even bother to go on shin hunts and I've encountered a shiny Typhlosion from Factory while trying to challenge the Brain.
>>
I just got one of those a couple days ago. Popped up on egg number 181
>>
File: IMG_0531.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0531.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I wasn't even hatching for shinies at the time when I forgot I left my Japanese shiny ditto in the daycare with a matang I was trying to evolve. I see that they make an egg so I take the ditto out and once that single egg hatched it turned out to be a shiny beldum. Still the quickest shiny I ever hatched
>>
>>29324706
Never encountered a single one. I have some of the worse luck when it involves the Pokemon franchise
>>
Ive hatched 3 shinies. First was a mareep. Took me toughly 93 eggs. Second was cottonee which took only 2. Most recent was a furfrou who took roughly 21. Ive always been very lucky with this shit.
>>
>wasting all that time on something you can just inject
>Having any pride in this trash
Glad I got my friends to stop doing this stupid shit and now if we feel like grinding for something to earn we make our own games
>>
>>29322277
Imagine having pride in something not worthles
>>
>>29325272
>we make our own games
Explain
>>
>>29325314
Instead of wasting our time doing stupid Grindy shit in video games like spending 50 hours trying to hatch a shiny. We picked up coding and making art assets and weve made a few small games.

Something to actually have pride in with real benefits that we enjoy doing.
>>
>>29325360
Can we play your games anywhere?
>>
>>29325360
>We picked up coding and making art assets and weve made a few small games
>Something to actually have pride in with real benefits that we enjoy doing.
>Proud of coding
>Proud of something that could get you a C&D or sued in today's creative world
No. Coding is a meme and making a game with friends is a terrible idea that will tear your relationship apart.
>>
>>29325426
Not yet. Want to finish at least 5 projects before we spend the money to put it on the store. Otherwise I'd have to upload the apk somewhere.

>>29325443
How is coding a meme? My internship pays $35/ hour must be meme money.
>>
My first shiny - and so far only - in gen 6 was a fucking horde encounter Mime Jr.
I've had a few in older games like Oddish, Pikachu, Rattata, and Wooper, but I at least like those lines.
>>
>>29322150
Don't worry I know the feeling
>Be me
>Try my hardest to hatch a shiny froakie
>Go through over 400 fucking eggs
>Completed pokedex and got the rewards for doing so
>Using a good French ditto I got from gts
>Not a single fucking shiny frog
>Say fuck it and get a normal competitive frog
>Breed galvantulas next
>First few batches
>A fucking shiny joltik
>Mad as fuck
>Check its IVs
>One fucking missing
>Even madder
>Breed tyrunts with sturdy to relieve stress
>Get a shiny tyrunt
>Not even with sturdy
I was fucking livid I still have the galvantula but I traded away the tyrunt for some random legendary I think
>>
>>29322150
No shiny charm
mm for shiny nincada with jp ditto and english nincada
over 87000 eggs and still nothing

But I will have my shedinja
>>
just got a shiny lugia with pokerus on Wonder Trade. ahhh
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2321x2926px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2321x2926px
>>29322150
OP I feel your pain. This exact situation literally just happened to me, pic related
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.