[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>barely any new Pokémon >no gyms >no HMs >no new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: facebook-share-image-usa.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-share-image-usa.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
>barely any new Pokémon
>no gyms
>no HMs
>no new Mega Evolutions
>Alolan "forms" aka Genwun OCs
>ridiculous sci-fi plot set in what's supposed to be a comfy region
>Z-moves are going to be useless in competitive
How are people defending these games?
>>
>>29320884
Eat shit fag.
>>
tell me about.. thought coming out during thr 20th anniversary and all the hype surrounding Pokemon this year, they'd be revolutionary. Don't see ANYTHING revolutionary about these games. Theyre looking more lackluster than ORAS and XY. :( :( :(
>>
File: image.png (497KB, 595x797px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
497KB, 595x797px
>>29320884
>defending HMs
>not liking regional variants
>>
Aside from the dex, which is undoubtedly going to be a detriment to the gen overall, you all have been screaming about wanting Pokemon to do something different. Here it is. Enjoy it.
>>
>>29320884
whenever someone complains about HMs being gone i know imediately they're shitposting
>>
>>29320884
>legit complaint
>"waah why won't they change the formula" "waaah why did they change the formula"
>defending HMs
>legit complaint
>woah Gamefreak pandering to gen 1 ? what a surprise !
not saying it's not a legit complaint, but it was to be expected, and the designs are pretty cool
>implying the region still won't be comfy, and people have been wanting more "serious" plots forever
>nice crystal ball to see future metas
>>
>>29320884
>barely any new Pokémon

Get over it fag

>no gyms

Gyms are stale as fuck

>no HMs

Oh you're just a shit poster, carry on people nothing to see here.
>>
Just don't buy it OP
>>
>>29320970
alolan forms would be cool if most of them weren't

>let's make this guy dark or ice
>and change the color a little
>>
No HMs is a good thing
>>
>>29320884
>what's supposed to be a comfy region
According to who exactly?
>>
File: oh wow.jpe.jpg (67KB, 560x432px) Image search: [Google]
oh wow.jpe.jpg
67KB, 560x432px
>>OP
>cherrypick everything
>>
Fuck gyms we have done over 50, time for a shakeup before even more fatigue sets in

Fuck HMs we had the poll and 80% agree

Everyone whines about megas so I don't really care, never use them outside of competitive where a handful dominate anyway

You don't know anything about the plot so stop making assumptions to then whine about

Just because people don't want to join you in blind hatred for something no ones played doesn't mean you need to keep making these threads
>>
>>29320884
>no HMs
>bad
>again...

what the fuck is wrong with you, you got a couple valid points but why is everyone pretending like HMs were fucking good?
>>
>>29321107
I don't think Z moves will be all that competively viable. They increase the base power of moves by a fixed number, only usable once per battle, and aren't consumable. Unless there are more Z moves with permanent effects, they will likely be outclassed by other items.
>>

so a pokemon game?
>>
>>29321120
>Get over it fag

spotted the genwunner
>>
>>29320884
Half of these things are good
>>
Trials are still better than gyms.
>>

Lilo & Stitch
>>
>>29320884
>Barely any new pokemon
valid complaint
>No gyms
"Waaah, how dare Gamefreak tries something new"
>No HMs
Best decision they made this gen
>No new Mega Evolutions
Good
>Hating based Exeggutor and Muk
Shit taste OP
Would you rather have the generic "Evil team uses legendary for misguided purposes" we see every other gen.
>Giving a fuck about competitive
>>
>>29320884
I empathize with you OP
Feel baited
>>
File: IMG_2139.jpg (143KB, 794x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2139.jpg
143KB, 794x396px
>>29320884
>>
every gen
>>
>>29321120
>>29320939
... I just fuckin' hate this world. And the human worms feasting on its corpus. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance and no life is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill. And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here.
>>
>>29320884
Wait, there's no gyms? What do you do then?
>>
>>29323190
You view any of the promotional materials that have been out for months now that explain what they have instead of gyms.
>>
File: 1476854523064.gif (461KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1476854523064.gif
461KB, 500x375px
>>29323223
Why didn't you just tell me what they're doing instead of saying all that? Would of taken the same amount of time. Are you trying to be a douche about this?
>>
>>29323269
Anon, dear, if you do not know at least that, then I seriously have no idea if I or anyone should ever tell.

I mean, come on, if you didn't bother reading about SM, then why should anyone bother telling you?
>>
>>29323576
I looked it up, it sounds dumb as hell.

>if you didn't bother reading about SM, then why should anyone bother telling you?

Let's just say I've been out of the loop for a long time. I'm just now picking Pokemon back up after a LONG time and have only played Blue, Silver and Diamond. So yeah, like I said, A tad behind.

>then why should anyone bother telling you?

Because it's polite? Do I really have to explain how manners work?
>>
>>29320884
>no HMs
Because that is a good thing, faggot.
>>
>>29323687
>I looked it up, it sounds dumb as hell
Now you know.

>Let's just say I've been out of the loop for a long time
Fair enough. But not reading even the basic before asking is a tad problematic.
But that's not for me to criticize, so eh.

>Because it's polite? Do I really have to explain how manners work?
No, no you don't.

However, I'd rather kick someone down and have them learn to run to chase me, instead of holding their hand all the way throughout a marathon.

Well, that's more me than anyone.
>>
>>29321535
Spotted the crybaby
>>
File: 1471239355593.gif (189KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1471239355593.gif
189KB, 500x380px
>>29324034
>>
>>29324046
>bad mouths gen one
>posts gengar family

lol you can't even keep up with your own memes
>>
>>29324091
I was laughing at what you said, never said I was the person you were talking to.

Easy on that trigger keyboard fingers kiddo, might blister yourself.
>>
File: 1476986967979.png (310KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476986967979.png
310KB, 800x800px
>>29320884
>New items
>New abilities
>Not referring to my Pokemon as HM slaves
>Z-moves may bring much needed power to weaker Pokemon making competive interesting.
>possibly even more hidden abilities making even more interesting competive play.
>Not having to breed for perfect IVs a la Hyper training.

I'm excited
>>
JUST FOUR MORE WEEKS TO AGONIZE THROUGH
>>
>>29320884
Z-Moves will likely be seldom seen in the highest tiers, but in the lower ones they could perhaps become commonplace.
>>
>>29320884
>>barely any new Pokémon
There are what, over 800 now? It was going to taper off eventually. Just use your favorites, or Hell, use something that you forgot existed.
I mean shit, did you that Lumineon is a Pokemon that actually exists? No? Well it does. You could be the one that makes it popular! It'll be like introducing everyone to a brand new Pokemon!

>>no gyms
>Complains that there is barely any new Pokemon.
>Complains again when they try to break from the mold instead of doing the same fucking thing as the last six generations.
You're a funny little faggot.

>>no HMs
You mean that thing nobody fucking likes?

>>no new Mega Evolutions
I'll give you this and this alone.

>>Alolan "forms" aka Genwun OCs
They're official. That makes them official OCs. Just like every other Pokemon.

>>ridiculous sci-fi plot set in what's supposed to be a comfy region
Where the fuck have you been? Pokemon hasn't had a grounded storyline since Gold/Silver. Every story since then has amounted to "This team wants to use the legendary mcguffinmon to take over the world, but oh wait the boss of the team actually wants to blow the fucking planet up with it"

Also stop saying "Comfy" for shit that isn't "Comfortable" you dumb fuck. Have you ever even been to Hawaii? Sure the hotels and resorts can be comfortable. But good luck finding comfort on 95% of the various islands inner-land mass Unless you consider sweaty ball-sacks from excessive heat, overly hostile locals, homeless everywhere, and everything under the sun being deep-fried and disgusting comfortable.

>>Z-moves are going to be useless in competitive
How do you know this? Have you already played the end-game? The fuck are you even on?
>>
>>29324861
>>Not having to breed for perfect IVs a la Hyper training.
Hyper training worries me though, we've had to trade items for services in games before, but this one wreaks of micro-transactions to me.

Maybe I'm just jaded as fuck at this point towards /v/ stuff but Gold and Silver bottle caps just screams different priced packs...
>>
>>29320884
because they're not unintelligent fucktards? you act like the absence of these things are solely the absence of these things, as if there arent different features and concepts that now take their place. the game looks great, you're just retarded.
>>
>>29325569
>'lumineon is the most forgotten pokemon' meme
>>
>>29321182
You forgot about slapping hair, beards and mustaches on them
>>
Who the fuck defends HM's?
>>
>>29326891
Slave owners.
>>
>>29320884

>barely any new Pokémon
>no new Mega Evolutions

Only valid complaints. HMs were kind of a drag, to be honest. Though I will lament at the fact I can't make Chicken-chan dive in Capri Pants or something like that, since she'll be in her riding gear instead

I just see it as a Lilo and Stitch homage. Maybe that's a reach.

Yeah. Super Moves in Pokemon SOUNDS like a neat concept but I can see this getting old and possibly banned in tournaments.
>>
>>29325754
The irony in lunineon being forgettable meme is great

If a mon is forgetable and you remembered it
Its not very forgetable then is it
>>
>>29320884
with the exception of no HMs complaint, i agree with you.
>>
>>29325754
That's not Burmy
>>
>>29320884
>>barely any new Pokémon
personally i find that a good regional pokedex is far more valuable as a lot of new pokemon, especially with the lower quality of new mons compared to gen 2-5 where the designs peaked for me. think about this way: if you have, say 300 regional pokemon, how many old mons do you want to substitute with new mons? i find the number of new moons is large enough to try out multiple teams of new mons which is sufficient for me.
>>no gyms
to be fair, most arena battles had this one pokemon making it slightly difficult and exciting. im happy gf realized that the concept of totem pokemon not only works in the very same way, but fits a lot better in the alola region and also create this (hopefully) intimidating impression of how strong and dangerous wild pokemon can be. also calling minions has far more potential than battling the minions before the final mons in a conventional arena battle. yes we lose some characters but not really since there are trial captains.
>>no HMs
thank god. surf etc are still there as tm's and you can build your team more freely. also i cant wait for the comfiness of fishing on lapras.
>>no new Mega Evolutions
considering that mega evo was not that well aclaimed, and the region wants to focus on z-moves now, totally understandable. no huge plus or minus imo.
>>Alolan "forms" aka Genwun OCs
when the first alola forms where released i thought its nice to use older designs to create some appealing mons like ninetails instead of producing the same thing with crude artwork. some of the alolan forms are just really bad and i give you that they are just unnecessary gen1 pandering.
>>ridiculous sci-fi plot set in what's supposed to be a comfy region
again thank god for the potentially most original plot. the best dramaturgy we can hope for is comfy -> scary -> epic -> comfy again in postgame so nothing wrong with the weird UB theme.
>>Z-moves are going to be useless in competitive
assumptions. who cares anyway?
>>
>>29320884
you can at least pirate them someday
>>
>>29322976
Why not just off yourself that way no one gets hurt but you?
>>
>>29330638
>not getting the Postal reference
Eat a shotgun fag
>>
>>29320884
Because if you tap B over and over you start tripping.
>>
>>29321354
We already know not all the z moves will necessarily be a massive base power one time attack, Eevee's z move is a boost to all of it's stats for example.

Even if it is there may be some pokemon who that massive base power attack can be used to get through a pokemon who traditionally walls it
>>
>>29330853
That's hatred not postal
>>
File: 1476641828881.png (88KB, 477x423px) Image search: [Google]
1476641828881.png
88KB, 477x423px
>>29330853
>thinking it's a Postal reference
oh boy
>>
>>29323955
I'm not the anon you were arguing with but your argument is flawed in that you assume this is a competition or something?

>However, I'd rather kick someone down and have them learn to run to chase me, instead of holding their hand all the way throughout a marathon.

Yeah I don't get what you're implying here.
>>
>>29323190
Trials..just like gyms
>>
Yeah the dex maybe a little weak but does it really matter when we already have 800 pokemon? Not to me. I havent felt a sense of adventure like this since GSC. The music, the artstyle, the weird locales(old pedo), its all more alluring than past games. The world already feels alive and we havent even experienced that much of the game yet..I think they were going more for a true RPG instead of the traditional pokemon set-up this time, and at 23 years old Im okay with that. Havent actually had fun with these games in a long time I just play em out of habit. XY sucked and I dont even remember playing ORAS. Change was needed.
>>
File: 1455895764861.png (104KB, 665x598px) Image search: [Google]
1455895764861.png
104KB, 665x598px
>>29320884
>no HMs

Wait a minute are people actually mad about this? Didn't everyone literally wanted them gone forever?
>>
>>29331747
Nah, it doesn't necessarily need to be a competition.

You must have heard of this proverb:
>Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Basically speaking, I don't like spoon-feeding someone who doesn't even work for it.
Had he said he found nothing despite searching for it already, THEN I'll give him some help.
>>
>>29325569
>use your favorites
>Re-use the same pokemon you've used a hundred times before.
No.
>>
>complaining yet again over every gen

Literelly impossible to please autist like you
>>
File: vp.jpg (138KB, 1242x535px) Image search: [Google]
vp.jpg
138KB, 1242x535px
>>29332197
>>
>>29325679
>micro-transactions
>in Pokemon

Not gonna happen anon, they'll just be a pain in the ass to get
>>
>>29320884
>70+ is not barely
>good
>fantastic
>eh
>good
>great
>you've never battled before, have you?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.