[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rowletfags post all over the board saying they have the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 609.png (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
609.png
17KB, 256x256px
>rowletfags post all over the board saying they have the best starter
>final evolution is the shittiest in competitive

where were you when Rowletfags got BTFO?
>>
>>29320282
>final evolution is the shittiest in competitive
>implying that everybody cares about competitive
Some people just care about the designs.
>>
File: 12578396FACE.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
12578396FACE.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
>>29320282
I don't give a shit about competitive ffs btfo yourself
>>
>>29320282
>inb4 he gets the most OP hidden ability and becomes the next ubers starter
>>
>>29320282
I never found shitmons appealing, this one isn't the exception.
>>
>>29320282

Are you from the future, OP?
>>
>>29320282
Is this the only starter weak to its own type?
>>
>>29320282
Nah it's the best.
>>
>>29320282
He's the blue raja whenever I see it.
>>
>>29320282
...How exactly do you know this, OP
>>
>>29320282
Typhlosion is total shit in competitive and it's still a fan favorite even if it's the worst fire starter.
But i agree Rowletfag are cancer and Robinhoot got the worst 3D sprites.
>>
>>29320282
>competitive

I thought they scrubbed everyone's stats in the demo.
>>
>>29320988
Yes.
Because Grass has
FIVE. FUCKING. WEAKNESSES.
Flying just happens to be the one that doesn't resist itself.
>>
>>29320988
Not if you count megas.
>>
>>29321086
I'm sure you'd love to defend the tranny seal and the firefighter, anon
>>
>>29321127
It's most likely going to be grass/flying (which is a very bad typing defensively), and so it's a glass cannon However, the fact that Rowlet gets outsped by Litten, and that starter stat spreads don't change much means that it's very unlikely that this thing is going to be fast enough either.
>>
>>29320282
Rowlett was pretty much doomed from the beginning to be bad at battling

Only way I see it being "Viable" if it got an ability that let it use Laser Focus and a Attack move right after on the same turn and 110+ Speed
>>
>>29321307
>defensively
Look at that thin-ass birb. You'd expect it to be able to take any hits even if it was Steel/Fairy?
>>
File: rowlet3.png (233KB, 920x774px) Image search: [Google]
rowlet3.png
233KB, 920x774px
>>29321494
That ability concept popped into my head today. Guaranteed crits as long as you give a moveslot to Laser Focus. I thought it was too crazy for anyone other than a hopeful owl fan to dream up. It won't happen, I don't want to get my hopes up...but imagine how delicious that would be. You'd really only be limited by the PP of Laser Focus, coverage, and Speed.
>>
>>29321542
GF apparently thinks so, seeing as they gave it the highest HP of all the starters.
>>
>>29320282
>implying viability matters
some of the best designs in the series are total shitmon
>>
>>29320282
>fucked by litten fire moves
>fucked seal ice beam
>fucked by owl flying moves
>literally loses to all three starters
>>
>>29320643
With Game Freak pulling some silly act lately, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing gets Delta Stream.

It has an undeniably great design.

Would probably be in trouble in the competitive scene with Ice Shard around.
>>
>>29322925
Rowlet looks like the Froakie of this gen. The nerdy looking starter that turns into the stealthy badass, and will probably be promoted the most by GF
>>
File: wot.jpg (24KB, 263x297px) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
24KB, 263x297px
>>29321202
>>
>>29320282
A little ice didn't stop Garchomp from becoming OU.
>>
>>29323431
Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon. Do the math.
>>
>>29323452
The difference is that Garchomp has great stats (such as its 170 attack when no starter has a stat above 125) while Robinhoot seems to be poorly optimized given Rowlet's high HP, and its being outsped by Litten, it has 3 weaknesses instead of 5, and the fact that Garchomp will probably have much better coverage.
>>
>>29323617
Yeah but it's hard to catch and raise
>>
>caring about competitive
lmao @ ur life rite now
>>
File: rowlet_battle.png (504KB, 698x499px) Image search: [Google]
rowlet_battle.png
504KB, 698x499px
>>29323617
Garchomp is a monster. Bulky, powerful, excellent stats, ability, and moves. Let's not forget it used to be banned. Other 4x weak mons that are currently OU include Scizor (highest stat 130), Bisharp (125), Ferrothorn (131), Gliscor (125), Talonflame (126), and Weavile (125). Most are made notable by a good move or ability or niche.

As for Rowlet's stats, I'll admit that high HP and middling Speed is subpar for an offensive Grass/Flying type. I'm very confused, because that spread matches Rowlet but is very off for a lithe, ranger-type owl. I'm honestly wondering if the proportional stat distribution is going to shift as it evolves. It would be unprecedented if it did.
>>
I think if it lost flying and gain ground it would help it out, but idk how they would explain that. With dual type ground, maybe it can gain access to thousand arrows...
>>
>>29324044
Torterra was Ground with pebbles, Earthquake and Stone Edge and look where that thing got.
>>
>>29322872
>Designs are all that matters
Good meme, Pokemon is about monsters battling monsters, viability is the only way to say a pokemon is objectively good. A shitmon is a shitmon, regardless of design.
>>
>>29323358
Froakie is the Froakie of this gen. Greninja/Ash-Greninja is the Greninja of this gen.
>>
>>29324073
Torterra had shit hidden ability and poor stat placement.
>>
>>29322818
I thought it was pretty fitting
Even though im picking mermaid seal

The bir..Owl needs something
>>
>they don't know that the cat is going to end up being slow as shit while the owl will be fast with a good move variety

"But anon, litten's speed stat is the highest."

Do you really think a Machamp look alike is going to be fast? The stats are going to shift.
>>
Rowlett3 has a Black Shiny.

This is all you should need to know Gamefreak's going to pander to it.
>>
>>29320282
>Laser Focus guarantees a crit
but does it guarantee the move will hit?
>>
>>29326970
I really just hope it'll get Skill Link or something close towards that
>>
>>29326873
I think its like some weird blue green color
>>
I have a completely different mindset when I play competitive. When I play competitively, Pokemon are just numbers and abilities to me. I don't care if the design is good or not, I just care if it will get the job done. Sure it's a bonus if the Pokemon happens to be one of my favorites too, but it's not important.

When doing ingame/bro team I judge only the design pretty much. So this said, I value design more than viability, because in competitive I completely exclude the emotional tie autism I otherwise have.

Some Pokemon from my competitive ''career'' have made it to my favorites for being a bro in competitive, but most of my favorites are designs I actually like and have been special to me ingame. So generally I value design more than viability.
>>
>>29327142
This. I'll also admit I don't do Competitive in game, I leave that for simulators and what not given it just comes down towards "Who's got the better Numbers and coverage" most of the time anyway. Not to say I dislike seeing if my team can't hold it's own in friendly's, but overall I leave that stuff for situations where I can just input stuff and see if it's valid, then burning some 10-20 hours on a team I'll scrap anyway because it couldn't really hold out.
>>
But OP, the Shiny is Black, and this confirmed Charizard 3.0/Greninja 2.0

Don't surprise with Ash Main in Alola, and take the grass slot for Smash 5 :^)
>>
>>29320282
>playing pokemon competitively

top kek
>>
Since when did /vp/ get so populated by Karenfags? We used to beat people up for liking garbage Pokemon.
>>
>>29320282
They're all shit.

I will never evolve my qt rowlet.
>>
>>29327080
> 5 critical bullet seeds
too bad grass is garbage offensively
>>
>Beltigre
>Outclassing Infernape as a Fire/Fighting
>Ever

>Poppmaid
>Being another competitor in the endless ocean of bulky waters.

Poppmaid might be the best if it's a Fairy and gets Aurora Veil like some people theorize even then it might want some recovery and a good HA otherwise it has a shitton of stuff to catch up to.

Beltigre seems slightly faster than Emboar but Infernape has a metric shitton of viable sets and he's great with all of them, so I doubt this cat will ever be as good as him let alone Blaziken who is an insane wallbreaker with great utility and one of the best abilities in the game.
>>
>>29320375
This. I'd consider it a good thing if it didn't have the best stats, makes the main game a little more challenging.
>>
>>29320282
>where were you when OP was grasping at straws because he was a denialfag the whole time?
FTFY
>>
File: IMG_5571.png (16KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5571.png
16KB, 256x256px
>>29327087
It's both. But seeing the black shiny sealed my belief in its fate as the favored starter. Hopefully it pays off.
>>
>>29320282
As someone who was a Poppliofag, this is the only one with a good design
>>
>>29326747
the cat really doesnt need to be fast, its like 80% likely to get stab sucker punch
im expecting it to have a spread like krookodile and i still know its gonna end up great

although the stupid mermaid is getting a broken move so its probably gonna end up the best of the three regardless
>>
>>29324262
Excuse me, my Claydol has the worst stats in PokeBattle, but it's the Queen(Male) of every Pokemon contests no question. Check your privilege, Uberscum
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.