[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>single stage mon >likely with Pikachu tier stats Is its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 1469074324888.jpg (131KB, 996x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469074324888.jpg
131KB, 996x1000px
>single stage mon
>likely with Pikachu tier stats

Is its typing and fantastic ability enough to bump it to OU or is that too much to hope for?
>>
>>29316360
If it has a decent SpAtt maybe it'll see some use.
>>
>>29316360
I'd say Pikachu-LightBall tier stats
I guess it'll be UU, but usable in OU. It also depends on its coverage, and Ghost/Fairy looks like a type that gets a good coverage
>>
Moveset is going to make it or break it, an almost guaranteed free term is great but really matters what he can do with it.
>>
>>29316537
turn*
>>
>>29316360
It has a extra form which might boost stats.
>>
>>29316461
>The Pikachu mimic has a higher BST than Pikachu itself

I dunno, it just seems weird to me.
>>
Prankster would have been better
>>
File: spiderdead.jpg (14KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
spiderdead.jpg
14KB, 199x200px
>>29316360
>can't change its costume
>doesn't have multiple costume forms that give it unique abilities, stats or moves
>instead we get Pikachus with different hats belong to that faggot Ash
>no cute little groudon costume to give it
Shit.
>>
i love it but its going to be in PU/NU :(

ah well, I'll still use it
>>
>>29317254
It has a knocked down form.
>>
What makes you think it'll have Pikachu-tier stats?
>>
>>29316360
It really depends on its move pool and what role it'll play. Sure, having a free sub is great, but what else can it do with it and after a hit? If it has nothing, then it'll be using Shuckle as a wall instead of a suicide lead.
>>
>>29317176
The mimic is just because of Pikachu's popularity, not its stats. Plus the fact that pikachu evolves, which is not Mimikyu's case.
It wouldn't trigger me.
>>
Is anyone autistic enough to average the base stats of all the single form non-legendary Pokemon?
>>
>>29317421
I am a lazy piece of shit, sorry
>>
I assume it'll have maybe 400 BST.
Not great, but good enough with the right moveset.

I'm curious about how exactly the ability will work. Will it reset: A. after being switched out? B. after the battle ends? Or C. only after going to the Pokemon center?

A. could see it get banned simply because of how obnoxious you could be with it. Most abilities reactivate each time the Pokemon is sent out, however in this case the Pokemon actually takes on a new form.
>>
I don't see it going above RU. Best case scenario it's like Shuckle where it's got a cool niche but is useless or outclassed on 99% of all teams.
>>
>>29316360
Gf is getting much better about designing pokes with a purpose and a niche, gen 6 didn't have a single poke that wasn't at least strategically interesting, as compared to gen 1 with pokes like golduck that end up being a jack of all trades master of none.
So the question here is, how much will they stat nerf this mon that they already gave three resistances and an atleast good ability? Probably somewhat heavily. I see him having modest stats at best, maybe a spread like stunkfish.
Still though, that ability makes for an incredible damage control if your opponent gets a sweep started. He'll be able to take a hit regardless of entry hazards, and with access to wil o wisp and thunder wave likely, he'll be able to set up the poke behind him for revenge. That'll definitely be useful, the question of his tier will be how much will being able to break sweeps get you
>>
>>29316360
Won't be OU because it'll be competing over a team slot with klefki.
>>
>>29317923
Anon, I appreciate you. It's nice to see someone else notice Gamefreak aren't making a ton of shitmon for no reason anymore.
>>
I recall someone here saying it has around 75 attack based on the damage it did to a Pikachu in a Battle Royal
>>
I think UU is too much for it. A free sub is nice, but it most likely has paper thin defenses. It won't have potential to be a sweeper of its attack stats and speed are sub-par, which looks to be the case.

I say RU at best, because it looks like a great utility mon. If only the Demo had the stats...
>>
>tfw all your favorite SM Pokemon probably won't be any good
>>
Post yfw it will be able to use the light ball
>>
>>29316360
You have 1 free turn to boosts its stat if it has some good stuff like Calm Mind

So it could be good but i'm not sure until i'll see its moveset
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 620x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 620x347px
>>29318261
>>
>>29316360
Sorry. This thing is GUARANTEED to be a shitmon
>>
>>29318261
>>
>>29318245
>but it most likely has paper thin defenses
I dunno, the ability and typing are fantastic defensively, so I'm hoping GF doesn't mess this up.
>>
>>29318261
Post yfw it will have its own false light ball item
>>
>>29317532
I imagine it'll just be like Multiscale or any other ability like that. If you give it a full heal mid battle though, I doubt it'll restore the Sub.
>>
>>29318114
>immune to fighting, dragon, and normal
>neutral to dark
>basically no competition from other Ghosts except for Gengar
>automatic substitute that might let it ignore status moves or even hazards
I could see it coexisting with Klefki, maybe even outclassing it if it has decent stats.
>>
>>29318566
It will be pretty hard to outclass Klefki. Prankster is too much of a good ability and gives any shitmon a place in higher tiers. Klefki and Mimikyu have great defensive typings, but one has the tools to take advantage of it and decent defenses, while the other one we know nothing about.

I hope the latter has at LEAST Meowstic tier defenses. That would be enough with its typing for the most part.
>>
>>29316360
Might not be in OU, but it's gonna have use somewhere. That ability and it's typing has some good potential for defense.
>>
>>29318391
Pikachu can know Iron Tail. Case closed!
>>
>>29318732
In a Meta with Psychic Terrain and Queenly Majesty and Dazzling, a lot of pranksters are going to get fucked over. Klefki especially, since fire is common and everyone and their mother has earthquake.
>>
>>29316360
It depends how his ability will work.
If he restores his "substitute" when he switches-out (and assuming he gets status moves like will-o-wisp or t-wave), he might actually be a very good scout mon, spreading status or doing other stuff, surviving any direct hits because of disguise and then switching-out to restore it. If he gets a good speed tier or a VERY GOOD defensive spread, he'll might even be OU.
If he doesn't restore, then it'll be trash for sure.
>>
>>29319214
It probably won't reset. If it does, you can stall a single player match for alleternity by switching between two Mimikyu.
>>
could be an alright set up/support mon. besides that, i dont see this thing having any use.
>>
>>29317421
Using base for rotom
>>
>>29316360
It'll be NU/RU. Good ability, bad stats. It'll all depend on the movepool.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.