[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not really wanting to open a can of worms but.. ..does anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Not really wanting to open a can of worms but..

..does anyone else felt like playing another 6 gen game while playing the demo?

Sure i get it the game looks better, some features are polished and upgraded but because of the battle style and even the art style (despite looking better) reminds me so much of gen 6. Heck even the protaginist looks like Calem on vacation with the very same face expression. Same goes for battles, it almost feels indentical not only because of battle models but also the attacks arent that different looking

It doesnt feel like a jump from DP to BW - that change was bigger, this feels rather like a change from DP to HGSS just on a bigger scale

Does anyone had the same feeling?
>>
Blame Pokemon go
>>
File: Gold.png (136KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Gold.png
136KB, 256x256px
>>29311454
Not really wanting to open a can of worms but..

..does anyone else felt like playing another gen 1 game while playing the game?

Sure i get it the game looks better, some features are polished and upgraded but because of the battle style and even the art style (despite looking better) reminds me so much of gen 1. Heck even the protaginist looks like Red on vacation with the very same face expression. Same goes for battles, it almost feels indentical not only because of battle sprites but also the attacks aren't that different looking

It doesnt feel like a jump from DP to BW - that change was bigger, this feels rather like a change from DP to HGSS just on a bigger scale

Does anyone had the same feeling?
>>
>>29311619
Not the same cup of tea. Gold had new Pokemon. We hadnt had that before. That alone was more than enough. Back in 1999 we would've rebought Blue if it had a Togepi patched into it.

Sun/Moon need to bring more to the table because more new Pokemon bring the hype, but won't sustain your interest in playing the game for more than half an hour
>>
>>29311619
Well but you're right, gen 2 in a big way felt like gen 1

Gen 3 felt unique
Gen 4 felt unique
Gen 5 felt unique
Gen 6 felt unique

And now, just like gen 2 in the past, gen 7 feels like gen 6
>>
>>29311671
>Sun/Moon need to bring more to the table because more new Pokemon bring the hype, but won't sustain your interest in playing the game for more than half an hour

I think so aswell. For the most part its the same stuff as gen 6 but upgraded. Even Z moves feel like megas for moves

Not to mention i fail to see where's the "all comes together" aspect
>>
>>29311454
>anyone else felt like playing another 6 gen game while playing the demo?
That's pretty much exactly how it felt to me.
Except slower, framerate-wise.
>>
>>29311619
Nigga Gen 2 had the most innovations from one gen to the next
>>
>>29311619
I know you're joking but Gen 2 added a hell of a lot that became mainstays of the series

>Time, day and night, and timed events
>100 new pokemon (no precedent for added pokemon)
>Breeding
>Shinies
>Item pockets
>Device that contains the map and several other features
>2 new types
>Far superior battle animations, with no placeholders (seriously, play R/B again and see what I mean)
>Berries
>Special Attack/Defence split
>Held items
>Post-game
>Moving pokemon between boxes
>Crits not based on speed
>>
>>29311454
No, you could sit in gen 6
>>
>>29312727
true
>>
It makes me want to play Colosseum or XD
>>
>>29311619
What is this supposed to prove?
>>
>>29313077
The demo won't tell you everything. Gold turned out to be one of the best games, and you could apply everything OP said to it. Just because it LOOKS the same doesn't mean it's bad or that there's not gonna be a big jump.
>>
I think part of the problem that /vp/ has with Gen 6 and Gen 7 are that people are playing them mostly as single player games when Pokemon has always had an emphasis on a social, multiplayer aspect. A lot of the improvements have been things aimed at different types of online play and it seems to me a lot of /vp/ just plays solo (possibly hence the demand for huge post-game?) Not that there's really any wrong way to play but to get the most out of Pokemon, you've gotta play with friends sometimes.
>>
>>29313188
I can see why they focus on multi player so much but they shouldnt just assume that everyone loves it. In fact many likes both or just single player
>>
>>29313475
It's not so much that they're entirely focusing on one or the other but I feel like as far as Gamefreak is concerned, they go hand-in-hand when it comes to how they develop features for the game.
>>
>>29311454
kinda, but that isn't a bad thing in my eyes.

From what I've gotten, Gen 7 is looking like it's gonna be a more polished Gen 6, which I admit was rough around the edges, while still being presentable enough to make the 3D transition.

If Sun and Moon just look to polish and perfect what XY started, then that's fine by me, as >>29311619 said, simply polishing the same formula like Gen 2 did can make for some truly great games.
>>
File: 1468619140065.jpg (242KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468619140065.jpg
242KB, 899x1200px
>>29311986
lets not get ahead of ourselves, we havent even played the full game yet. it could be as you say, or it could actually "bring it all together". and if anything it feels like a great start for the future of pokemon games. have some hope senpai c:
>>
>>29314387
True but the demo at least feels very 6 gen
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.