[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you fucking ready to play Pokémon Gen. 8 on the BIG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 7

Are you fucking ready to play Pokémon Gen. 8 on the BIG SCREEN, /vp/???
>>
>>29309816
Don't get your hopes up. It won't happen.
>>
>>29309844
Why not, Mr. Dubs?
>>
>>29309912
With the countless home consoles we've had the main series always stayed on portables. Even if the new Switch has a portable functionality, it's still a home console.
>>
>>29309816
I don't have a TV... I've never had consoles, only handhelds. I'll be forced to buy a hardware I won't even use to play future pokemon games? Thanks ninty
>>
>>29310014
>>29310025

Niggers. The Switch is both Nintendo's next standalone AND portable.
>>
Am I the only one who likes Pokemon on portable consoles? Its my favorite travel game, I love that I can play it wherever I want. I don't think pokemon is vastly improved by super HD graphics either, the cute style suits it better. Plus nips love thier handhelds so I wouldn't expect a mainline; maybe another coliseum or stadium type game though.
>>
>>29310014
It's more of a portable than it is a home console
>>
stop this shit, it's a console, it won't have mainline Pokemon games
>>
File: 1471628484636.png (216KB, 337x334px) Image search: [Google]
1471628484636.png
216KB, 337x334px
>>29310014
No other home console has threatened to eat the handheld's market though. Think about this, we couldnt battle each other using just our Wii U gamepads. You cant even use you gamepad outside of your home

Meanwhile the fucker in the trailer is playing on a plane. This console invalidates a new handheld.
>>
>>29310068
I love playing Pokémon on the go. But I play about 80% of the time at home, so it'd be neat to play it on my side-monitor.

>>29310082
>>29310089
Time will tell, I guess.
>>
Pokemon said they're already started development on the nx so..
>>
>>29310089
But they have to put pokemon on something and I don't see why they would make a separate handheld system when they essentially already have one.
>>
>>29310089

Except that Game Freak is confirmed to be working on a Pokemon game for the Switch and Game Freak has only ever done mainline Pokemon games in the series.
>>
>>29310089
So after the 3ds dies pokemon just goes with it?

Why would nintendo release another handheld alongside this thing? What could it offer that this console doesnt? This thing is MADE for the Japanese market (tons of pubic transit). Would you buy this thing and a 3ds2?
>>
>>29310131
We can't just blindly believe if you don't provide a source.
>>
>>29310146
TPCi said they are making games for it, not Gamefreak
>>
>>29309816
I motherfucking am, cant wait for the next mainline game on switch only
>>
>>29310173
TPCi said they were, but there's a rumor saying that Gamefreak is as well, and so far everything else in that rumor was spot on.
>>
>Too big to truly be portable
>Controller is tiny as shit
>Battery life quite literally cannot be good.

Ninty's only good hardware was their handhelds. They didn't have to be powerful, they had to be portable and fun.

This thing looks confused, and it won't perform well in either category because it's trying to do both
>>
>>29310131
And Masuda who is a share holder of gamefreak said that time will tell with the Switch and if it's not portable enough they wont make anything for it.
>>
>>29309844
Masuda confirmed Pokemon is going to be made on the NX, and there'd be no reason to remove the switch between homeplay and on the go for certain titles.
>>
>people believing pokemon is not going to jump on the Switch

faggots, this is the successor of both 3DS and Wii U, of fucking course Pokemon will be on it. And I'm also going to say that a SM port for Switch will be a lunch title, screencap this.
>>
>>29310054
That's what I'm saying, I don't want a standalone. I can't USE a standalone. I just want the handheld part
>>
>>29310173
Acting like gamefreak will Rebel and abandon Nintendo next handheld
>>
>>29310205
>Not portable enough
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29310215
This, absolutely
>>
>There are actually people who don't want to be able to play gen 8 on the NX

nigga what
>>
>>29310237
It's still pretty big. You can't just fit it in your pockets.

At that point Pokemon wouldn't be Pocket Monsters anymore.
>>
>>29310237
It's pretty simple, really.

>Previous Nintendo handhelds have been pocket-able, more or less.
>This fucking thing is a glorified tablet
>Absolutely not portable in the same sense
>Kids are going to have to be much more careful with it (lel)

When was the last time you actually saw someone walking around with a tablet? 4 years ago? They're ultimately not that portable
>>
>There's people in this thread right now that don't believe this will be Nintendo's new standard for consoles and handhelds
>>
>Family has three kids who like Pokemon
>have to buy them THREE Nintendo Switch's so they can play together

this seems retarded
>>
File: 1471797685475.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471797685475.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
Nintendo will go bankrupt before a Pokemon games ever gets made for there gimmick console/handheld mess.

Maybe GameFreak will make it for the Playstation.
>>
>>29310277
I believe it

I just think it's ridiculous
>>
>>29310276
It didn't stop them on the 2DS. What other option do they have, mobile?
>>
>>29310311
2DS wasn't the flagship - it was a different version of the 3ds - which is/was still available and selling well
>>
>>29310277
What is more shocking is those saying Nintendo will lose pokemon, thats unthinkable
>>
>>29310288
I imagine you'll only need one home dock, and yet you can buy multiple tablets, joy-cons, etc..
>>
>>29310089
Tell that to Masuda
>>
>>29310349
Didn't Nintendo create The Pokemon Company to prevent that from happening? If Masuda tries to rebel because "not portable enough" and the 3DS loses support, they'll be forced to deal with a little less portability.
>>
>>29310277
It might be. It depends on how well it performs. If this thing is a success they'll stick with it, the same was we've been seeing dual screen and motion controls stick around.

If it flops hard, Nintendo will probably just focus on a pure hahdheld next round.
>>
are you ready to pay $75 times 2 for both versions of Gen 8?
>>
>>29310395
Exactly these pokemon wont be on the next Nintendo console/handheld are retarded
>>
>>29310131
>>29310153
The CEO of TPC said they were.
But TPC isn't necessarily GameFreak.
Remember that TPC always makes spin-offs on new consoles before mainline games to "test the waters".
>>
>>29310276
>When was the last time you actually saw someone walking around with a tablet? 4 years ago? They're ultimately not that portable

I agree with you for the most part but go outside more man. The amount of people I see on the daily with iPads and tablets is still very high.
>>
>>29310495
>I agree with you for the most part but go outside more man. The amount of people I see on the daily with iPads and tablets is still very high.
>Live on a college campus
>See almost no one with a tablet

I don't live in the middle of nowhere either. I very, very rarely see tablets. Less so with kids.
>>
>>29310276
I rarely see people walking around with 3ds either, that doesnt mean the console sold well.

Hell, i've seen more kids walking around glued to a 2ds than I have 3ds.
>>
>>29310349
I'm just glad that Nintendo seems like they're shifting their focus to one thing now, so we won't have another situation like with the Wii U having very little support.
>>
>>29310237
If it's expensive and won't fit in a pocket then it won't be portable enough, plain and simple. The great thing about Nintendo handhelds is they are relatively cheap so anyone can own one and they're easy to carry around.
>>
>>29310540
It may be different in Japan. Basically Gamefreak looks at how well the interactions between players with the handhelds are there, so they continue to focus on keeping that aspect of interactivity between players alive. I don't think the NX will have that problem due to it being portable, and it would finally allow people to play on TV like they've always wanted, but people will always be negative I guess.
>>
>>29310576
I agree, I think this this is going to sell incredibly well in Japan. Japan's urban areas basically revolve around public transportation, and you cant walk into a fast food place without seeing a group of kids playing monster hunter at a table together.
>>
>>29310215
never connect it to the tv then?
>>
>>29310564
>The great thing about Nintendo handhelds is they are relatively cheap so anyone can own one and they're easy to carry around.
Absolutely this. Ninty handhelds were good because

>good core games (pokemon, FE, etc)
>good third party games, lots of small weird things too
>cheap as shit
>portable

This will certainly not be the last two, at the very least.
>>
Holy shit why are you autists so against it. If it happens it happens, if not then oh well. How many of you actually play your 3DS in public anyway.
>>
>>29310214
>lunch title
>>
>>29310288
>have to buy 3 3ds so they can play together
or pokemon games always had splitscreen and I missed it?
>>
>>29310639
It's not about the being in public it's about the hundreds of dollars it'll cost.
>>
>>29310639
>How many of you actually play your 3DS in public anyway.
I have.

The real issue is the price and the lack of portability - which seems to be a selling point, confusingly.

Also
>no one is ever allowed to be negative about anything ever
>>
>>29310288
>Making assumptions without knowing the price or you can buy the tablets separately for much cheaper.

This seems retarded
>>
>battery life
>actual portability
>price

Those are the three major points for me.
And I hope you can buy multiple tablets without having to buy the entire thing multiple things. That would be too expensive for parents as I expect this thing to be more expensive than a handheld.
>>
>>29310215
And you'll get it. Are you retarded?
>>
>>29310759
If its weaker than a PS4 then it might actually get away with being $250 or so. Technology moves fast and this thing is coming out years later with lower equivalent specs. Think about how cheap it would be to build a PC that does what the PS4 does now that its even further behind.
>>
>>29310014
Did you just look at a picture of the Switch and decide you know everything about it?
The Switch IS a portable. This is the next Nintendo handheld console AND home console. We've been told that for a year and now it's confirmed.
>>
>>29310152
>Why would nintendo release another handheld alongside this thing?

Because Nintendo consoles are usually underpowered machines buried in a new gimmick? Why risk the one part of the video game market you have cornered just to prop up your ailing console share?

Not only that, but this looks to be a worse version of using a a PS Vita with remote play.
>>
>>29310900
thats basically what everyone's doing. Idiots on /v/ are currently talking about how the framerate takes a dive in portable mode...by looking at off-screen footage from a youtube video.
>>
Pokemon and Animal Crossing were made for dual home/portable hybrids
>>
>>29310495
iPads and tablets do much more than play games though, as we know Nintendo cannot into online functionality (just look at the browser on the 3ds and their adversion to letting people talk to one another through there games).

There's still lots of questions surrounding the Switch, but if it's anything like the Wii series they can count me out.
>>
>>29310922
You cant even leave your house with remote play. I cant even play Disgaea in my fucking living room with remote play.

This IS an underpowered machine with a new gimmick. Why would you segment your market even further with a new portable? If you have this thing, why would you need a handheld? If you have a handheld HALF of the point of this console is lost.
>>
>>29310934
Agreeing with you on that one. It'll be great

Switch seems right up my alley DESU, even though I haven't played a nintendo home console regularly since the Gamecube. I'll probably be getting one when it has a library of games I like, which I don't think will take very long.
>>
>>29310981
>You cant even leave your house with remote play. I cant even play Disgaea in my fucking living room with remote play.

Sucks to be you, my friend came to visit for 2 weeks and he was playing his ps4 from across the north sea just fine until his ps4 shut off because of an update forcing it to power down.

Look at the state of that thing, it's like a housebrick, who wants to try and take that thing away with them on holiday? How long does the batter last? Can I just shove games into the tablet part of it and play them on the go without touching the console? How do I charge the tablet portion without access to the console?

If they throw pokemon on this pile of shit to try and save it they're doomed, Nintendo hasn't made a console to give a fuck about since the Gamecube.
>>
>>29310014
Adapt or die
>>
>Pokémon Z is an NX exclusive
>hi-def, enhanced version of X and Y
>massive Pokedex that extends to Gen VII
>new Megas
>new Kalos forms
>no Battle Frontier
>>
>>29310288
When I was a kid playing the gameboy advance, me and my brother would take 1 hour turns.
>>
>>29311047
>Can I just shove games into the tablet part of it and play them on the go without touching the console
the guy in the trailer literally did
0:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
>>
File: mfw constanza zoom.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
mfw constanza zoom.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>29311059
>implying the Switch Pokemon game won't be a Yellow remake
It's like you don't even know who GameFreak is.
>>
>>29310674
>LE EXPENSIVE MEME
Dis you people forget 3DS was $250 at launch?

What's $300 in comparison to that for an HD hybrid?
>>
>>29311047
Right so if you're going on a trip you just wont have a bag? Only what can fit in your pockets nothing more huh?

People still lug aroung their laptops even though tablets exists. People still lug around tablets even though smartphones exist. Why, exactly couldnt your friend bring this thing when they went to your house? Too big to fit in a purse/bookbag?
>>
>>29311111
Quints confirm.
>>
File: 1474670472303.png (616KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
1474670472303.png
616KB, 1200x849px
Right now everyone and their mother are on the hype train for this thing. You need to stand back and look at it with a keen eye.

>Battery Life
>Too big to truly be portable
>Mini-controllers are far to small and the only people who can even play with them longer then 30 minutes will be children of the age 10 and below
>Price
>>
>>29311111
Well, quints basically confirms. Are you guys going to enjoy the Kanto reremakes on NX?
>>
>>29311111
That was me, and quints says I can't disagree with you.

Still, the game IS right there; they wouldn't have to change much.
>>
>>29311047
the screen part can be charged like a 3ds, it has the same battery charging port at the bottom
>>
>>29310529
I also see tons of people, especially kids with tablets. Maybe you aren't looking hard enough. Nearly every time I go to a restaurant there's a kid with a tablet at another table. Kids love tablets.
>>
>>29311111
delete this reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>29310209
Source on this?
>>
>>29311149
>small controllers
manlets win this time, get fucked

>>29311177
look for the interview yourself
>>
>>29309844

They are gonna start phasing out 3ds's for the new system since its their now 2 in 1 system.

Gamefreak has no choice and have already stated they are making games for it.

Fuck your dubs.
>>
>>29311122
A 3ds fits in a coat pocket, which is what appeals to me, it means I don't need to stick it in a bag or carry anything but the 3ds and the charger if I want to head out somewhere else.

It's just not portable enough for my liking, it would have to be pretty powerful to justify being so big and meaty.

It's a good concept but if it ends up being behind in terms of power within a year (like most nintendo consoles) then 3rd party support will slow down too.

Microshit and Sony are already into making machines for 4k gaming and Nintendo are floundering around trying to mash a 3ds and a WiiU together in the hopes that people who like their portable stuff will buy their toaster oven of a console because all their favourite portable titles are now forced on to this frankenstien's monster.
>>
>>29311149
Right now people are reacting on what they know. People who are complaining about details that havent been revealed are have no grounds to stand on.

The battery life is short? Probably, how do you know?
Mini contollers are too small. Oh shit have you held them?
Price? Give me the number man, im curious.

Im all for being realistic, i dont know enough to tell if ill ever want one. But being pessimistic and arguing off of complete assumptions are two different things.
>>
I can honestly see the Switch taking off BIG. Nintendo's handhelds have been their big sellers and people are getting pretty pissy about the PS4 Pro and Scorpio(or whatever the fuck they're calling it), having to shell out more duckets to use the cool new VR shit and getting lied to about 4K gaming.
This thing is 2 consoles in 1 for the now-reduced price of the basic PS4/Xbone, it is what it is since Nintendo doesn't do these console "refreshes" like Sony and Microsoft, and it's a great size for a portable since everyone is carrying backpacks, messenger bags, etc these days.
>>
>>29310025
You don't have a single fucking monitor in your house? Do you live in Haiti? Do you even have a house?
>>
>>29311231
Your post reeks of reddit, please fuck off back there.
>>
>>29311231
>The battery life is short? Probably, how do you know?
Does Nintendo have engineers better than all the smartphone/tablet manufacturers combined? Did they finally find out how to make lithium ion batteries better? No. They didn't.

>Mini controllers too small
Do you have eyes? Of course they're tiny. They have to fit on a weird tablet.
>>
>>29311231
>Mini contollers are too small. Oh shit have you held them?
Did you even watch the fucking trailer?
>>
>>29311252
Not him but if you never use a TV, why would you have one?
>>
I literally don't care about battery life and portability since I'm not a manchild who play games in public.

The price and launch titles and ergonomy are the only relevant factors to me.

I want sinnoh remakes on this
>>
>>29311177
>http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/10/19/burning-questions-for-pokemon-sun-and-moon.aspx?PostPageIndex=2
He's probably talking about this which doesn't actually confirm Pokemon on the Switch. I took it as "If the NX has a big enough playerbase, that will influence if we release the games on the NX or not."
>>
Do you all think the Switch will be as powerful as the PS4 or even the PS3?
>>
>>29311316
>he doesn't play games in public
>just in his mancave
>where he shouts at literal ten-year-olds
>all. fucking. day.
>>
File: tumblr_np6zno8dnD1usg5joo1_1280.jpg (91KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np6zno8dnD1usg5joo1_1280.jpg
91KB, 600x397px
I'm not a fan of this what so ever. If Pokemon games are now going to be on the NX I guess Sun & Moon will be the last I play.

It's way to big to really be a portable console and that battery life must blow on it.

If Game Freak perma goes over to NX I'll just have to get a NX on eBay at a later date for $100 or something.
>>
>>29311371
I'm not going to be mean here, but are you actually medically retarded?
>>
File: for you.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
for you.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>Hey Nintendo this is for you

How about Nintendo gets their head out their ass and stop making hardware completely? I could probably run this new pokemon game on my frign basic bitch laptop with lowend APU. I don't see the point in buying their overpriced plastic in this day and age of digital distribution. Literally the money I could spend on a new 3ds and games could be enough for the basic laptop I use. Nintendo had charm up until their ds/gamecube era but they need to kill their hardware market. Sega hardware died but It wound up helping them, Nintendo it's time to accept the same fate as sega. Along with sony...
>>
>>29309844
You think they're not gonna release pokemon games on Nintendo consoles anymore?
>>
>>29311371
Isn't being powerful as the PS3 at the least pretty much a given?
>>
>>29311422
>why doesn't Nintendo abandon a massive amount of potential revenue even though they've remained relevant in that space for decades.

Nintendo hasnt been relevant recently, but shit man you'd just slice off your fucking leg if your toe got an infection? Nintendo will probably have to go 3rd party but it only makes sense to go down swinging and failing.
>>
>>29311422
Nobody asked for your opinion, /v/tard. Go back to your fwp containment board.
>>
>>29311371
It's close to the Xbone in power, it shits on PS3.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.