[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>specifically given le lucario 2: electric boogaloo design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: zoroark.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
zoroark.png
47KB, 250x250px
>specifically given le lucario 2: electric boogaloo design
>no-one cares
>promoted like all hell, given a special event and even its own fucking movie
>no-one cares
>le lucario 2 stats, with complete with super unique special ability
>no-one cares
>even the furry degenerates it is desperately pandering to do not care

Is it the biggest failure of all time?
>>
>>29306306
What are you talking about Zoroark is one of my favorite Mons ever.
>>
>>29306306
Biggest failure since gen 4
>>
>>29306306
It actually suffered from the same thing as yo-kai watch. Too japanese for western audiences.
>>
>>29306306
Shame too, cause I kind of like its design. Its Shiny is top-tier, too.
>>
>>29306306
Making it an obscure ass event requiring a goddamn event Celebi did not do it any favors
>>
File: Pokemon100_thumb.jpg (162KB, 554x737px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon100_thumb.jpg
162KB, 554x737px
>>29306306
It's just barely out of the top 50 favorite pokemon of all time, and that's not counting the 15 or so event legends that are auto-shoved to the top due to people trying to fudge the polls to get them.

I wouldn't really consider being top 50 to be a failure. Not everything has to be in your face constantly, you know.
>>
>>29306434
lmao @ this list being representative of what people actually think. Source?
>>
>>29306434
t.furfag shill
>>
>>29306434
Not to mention, there's meme-mons, upper legends. If you ignore all that shit, that's like 30 spaces, so Zoroark's damn near top 20.
>>
>>29306489
This was a massive poll conducted in Japan recently. How new are you that you haven't seen this posted all over?
>>
>>29306306
Far better design than Lucario imo.
>>
>>29306522
Makes sense that zoroark would be popular in japan, seeing as it is kabuki: the pokemon.

Western audiences probably don't even remember it.
>>
>>29306306
I think the fact you could barely get the thing in BW without other event Pokémon is what shot itself in the foot. I mean if it is hard to get people are just going to ignore it
>>
>>29306550
There's yet to be a wide scale survey in the West, so we have no objective data. However, even assuming everyone here completely forgot about it, which is extremely unlikely, it's still top 50 in Japan which is their home country, so I wouldn't exactly call that a failure.
>>
>>29306434
I haven't seen this before and I must ask: Why is Magnemite at #12!?
>>
>>29307512
Japanese memes.
>>
>>29306306
That's because they made the mistake of locking it behind an inter-generation exclusive event. Twice.

Not to mention they put more time and dedication into the Zorua/Zoroark events than they did for Gen V's mythical legendaries. That's pretty whacked.
>>
If you had got one from a sidequest like you got Riolu, it would've been much more well-received.

Because people would get to experience it actually being a powerful, dangerous 'mon, not that one weird shitmon N threw at you after a fucking Legendary Dragon that you could walk through with yours.
>>
>>29306365
>>29306306
I actually think the biggest problem was making it so you needed an event to get it at first
>>29306499
but furbait are consistently loved
>>
>>29306306
Probably would've been better if it was fucking available in the main game. I remember wanting one in BW, and by the time BW2 came around I used it but didn't really care anymore.
>>
>>29307512
Because Join Avenue.
>>
I cared...I even wanted him in Smash for years ;-;
>>
>>29306434
>Leafeon and Glaceon that high
>Absol
>Luxray
>Noivern
>Suicune
>Lapras

Japs are pretty based, though I'm surprised that Vulpix/Ninetales aren't on that list.
>>
>>29306306
>promoted like all hell
No. i dont recall that happening AT ALL. At least not lucario levels

Zoroark >>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pukario anyway
>>
>>29308394
Agreed. I think the taste of East and West are closer than most people want to admit, at least when it comes to Pokemon. Ignore a few specific pokemon like Melloetta, Sylveon, Dedenne, Magnemite, and bump things like Gyarados and Blastoise up, and I bet the list wouldn't look crazy different.
>>
The reason Zoroark failed is because children found it too scary.

It is also pretty bad competitively. Lucario might not be amazing but it has a sick movepool and a useful typing. Even before it got that full retard mega it could do some work. Zoroark is all gimmicks, the gimmick is killed by Team Preview, it's so frail it can't even survive neutral hits, and if it does survive, the fact that its health remains visible as the same means the gimmick is kill for the rest of the match.
>>
>>29306306
Two things it was missing-

Needing some bullshit event to obtain.

Doesn't have a tail.

That's it.
>>
>>29308496
>The reason Zoroark failed is because children found it too scary.

Hahaha what

Is there a source for that

I find it hard to believe
>>
>>29308496
>Zoroark is all gimmicks, the gimmick is killed by Team Preview

this still triggers me

introduce illusion ability and team preview in the same gen... literally what the fuck are you doing guys. such a cool idea instantly made useless
>>
>>29306306
I fucking love Zorua and Zoroark to be honest.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.