[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you think the normie fag GO players will have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: 1472353096377 1.png (247KB, 539x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472353096377 1.png
247KB, 539x500px
How much do you think the normie fag GO players will have an effect on SM sales?
>>
>>29296007
Not that much; a big part of PGO's draw was not needing a new device to play it on.

I doubt anyone who didn't have a 3ds is going to buy one just for SM.
>>
>>29296007
There's a 2DS special Sun/Moon edition, so... a lot of normies will buy SM.
>>
>>29296007
If most of the normie fag GO players are genwunners, then I don't think they will affect the sales much.

I think most Genwunners don't even have a 3DS.
>>
No effect because they all quit PoGo a long time ago.
>>
>>29296058
>>29296129
>>29296157
These
>>
>>29296007
A boost.
>>
Yes it will. I've already had a bunch of friends get back into pokemon because of GO. They even came to me asking if i could help them out with making teams :')
>>
>>29296007
I remember ORAS had a boost of a few hundred thousands sales after Go's release. Consider the holiday season on top of that and it'll get a decent boost.
>>
>>29296007
well, it certainly won't hinder the sales. it can only serve to benefit them. people who were already planning on buying SM still are, and pokemon go certainly hasn't stopped anybody from wanting to. that would make no sense. it has already boosted sales of 3DS's and previous pokemon games. it's win/win for nintendo no matter what.
>>
>>29296367
you're seriously jaded if you think the general pokemon hype is down just because yours is. as an IP, it is at its all time high in terms of relevance and popularity. it's not doing badly just because you're a cynical manchild who cannot fathom differing opinions even existing.
>>
>>29296007
A nice boost.
>>
People aren't seeing the bigger picture

Imagine all the kids who now want pokemon for Christmas because they kept hearing about it and how great this pokemon thing is

It'll also be a popular choice for parents buying gifts because they'll see it as a safe option
>>
>>29296058
I used to play pokemon back in 4th gen and had white 2 pokemin go made me play those games again and made me get a n3ds for x and sun/Moon I skipped oras
>>
File: j45ff32d.png (8KB, 48x60px) Image search: [Google]
j45ff32d.png
8KB, 48x60px
>>29297426
They'll be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>29296007
It'll have an effect but I'm not sure how much

I've heard of a lot of people who quit back in gens 1, 2, and 3 who got interested in Pokemon again because of GO
>>
>>29296007
Huge impact, Mr. Bond. They got gen one pumped into their veins and now with Aloan forms dangled in front of their faces, they're gonna eat it up without realizing how shit SM are gonna be.

"Oh man. I remember Pikachu."
"lol ash"
"dude this game is so easy cause i'm still such a fucking BEAST at Pokemon even though i haven't paid attention to the series in years"

Makes me sick.
>>
>>29298187
Well actually, I've got a friend who's a huge genwunner and absolutely hates most of the Alolan forms. The only ones he likes are Ratata, Geodude line, and Sandhrew line.
>>
File: pokemon GO fuck yourself.jpg (86KB, 1256x640px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon GO fuck yourself.jpg
86KB, 1256x640px
>>29296581
>these much buzzwords
>all these projecting
literally everyone I know from my relatives, three different work places have dropped the game more than a month ago. don't be so butthurt your precious freemium game was a month-long fad

> it is at its all time high in terms of relevance and popularity
> it's not doing badly just because you're a cynical manchild who cannot fathom differing opinions even existing

Source: your fucking ass

I'd rather believe something objective like pic related
>>
File: tomcruisekek.jpg (31KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tomcruisekek.jpg
31KB, 600x400px
>>29296581
>it is at its all time high in terms of relevance and popularity
>>
File: IMG_3527.gif (946KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3527.gif
946KB, 245x245px
>>29296581
t. Niantic
>>
>>29296058
I did.
>>
>>29296581
You are the jaded one. Pokemon GO has seriously lost much of its appeal. It's evident everywhere you go. It's no longer making headlines. You don't see people walking around playing it anymore. If you still don't believe anecdotal evidence, you can see >>29298316 which is a pretty much objective representation of Pokemon GO's decline. So if there is an effect on sales, it won't be that significant
>>
File: weezing.png (81KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
weezing.png
81KB, 600x500px
>>29296581
so much delusion. Pokemon GO is dead
>>
>>29296157
I don't know about you but where I live it was the obviously NEET obese fucks that gave up on it.

I still see "normies" playing the game frequently when I go out for a walk.
>>
File: Ernie1980's.jpg (112KB, 530x432px) Image search: [Google]
Ernie1980's.jpg
112KB, 530x432px
>>29296007
>friend of mine started playing PGO
>became a little more interested in the series
>his little sister said that there was a new game coming out and that she wants it
>he figures out that the new one is coming up
>mfw he wants to buy a 3DS
>mfw he asked me about some info on the some older games
>mfw normie PGO player wants tone get into it
>>
File: sure jan.gif (841KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
sure jan.gif
841KB, 450x254px
>>29298974
>>
>>29296581
>>29298316
rekt
>>
>>29296007
the fad is over, so not much
>>
https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2016/08/18/nintendo-3ds-sales-up-80-year-over-year-on-pokemon-go-success/amp/?client=ms-android-samsung
>>
>>29300812
>Nintendo had a very good MONTH in mobile gaming
>Nintendo’s strong July wasn’t only a result of Pokémon Go carry-over interest, however

>Sales of Pokémon X and Y, which were first released in October 2013, were up a huge 200 percent compared to their sales in July of last year.
Of course it would climb up that huge amount. 2015 is 2 years after XY.

Also
>posted August 18, 2016
a.k.a., during Pokemon GO peak
>>
If they don't add content to Go, or actual gameplay the game is dead...
>>
2DS is cheap as fuck, all kids who played GO wil get one for christmas with SM preinstalled. And then they'll cry charmander's not in it.
>>
I'm actually one of them. I bought X but skipped ORAS since it was a remake and I found X to be mediocre. After playing GO for a while I was frustrated by how I could never get what I wanted, things always running away and no real battle system and I ended up buying ORAS to scratch my pokemon itch with GO being such a disappointment. Once summer ended I completed my living Pokedex and got on board the Sun/Moon hype train.
>>
This is just personal evidence, but everyone in my department at work are gamers. I convinced 2 co workers to get a 3DS for Pokémon after Pokémon Go fever swept through the office. One even bought a 3DS for his wife and they're excited for the new game.
>>
>>29296007
Speaking as someone who was obsessed with Pokemon since the 2000s and has played every mainline game and XD/Colo on an emulator, Pokemon was way too expensive to purchase because of all the prices of the consoles.

Back in the day, Ninty never sold Pokemon on any of the consoles we bought (PS2, Wii) so I said fug it and emulated every single Pokemon game. In between fangames like GPX Plus, those crappy browser based pokemon games and showdown you can almost get the same experience. Not to mention romhacks and RMXP fangames.

Pogo's draw is that you don't need to buy a console to play a featureless and boring game which costs almost twice as much as the game, and to be frank all of Nintendo's games are shit other than Pokemon so purchasing a console would be a complete waste even if you could install every single CIA for free. Just because I can pirate every game from Skyrim to what have you on PC it doesn't mean that I'm going to bother playing them because as far as I care - they're all shit. Not to mention that one has to learn all the lingo with homebrew and how to avoid bricking it and how to make sure it's on the right firmware (with bigger things like phones and computers, that is terribly easy to avoid and you have an easy way out of it.)

Buying an app for a smartphone is a two step process of button clicking. Pirating something is also far easier than getting a console. And as for the consoles themselves, they are just another item to carry around with you, with a far worse processor and worse graphics than either my computer or my phone.

Unless the proper games were sold on phones and/or computers I doubt that SM is ever going to sell well. I would buy the game if it was sold on a platform that I had access to if not purely for the ability to trade and battle with my mons online but new consoles can go stick itself. No one ever walks around carrying a console whereas everyone carries a phone.

Consoles are second class in many ways.
>>
>>29296058
Many people on my facebook friend lost got one just to play XY back when it was released
>>
>doesn't need a dedicated device
>only has what normalfags grew up with an remember
>is free
>isn't an actual game
>is already dead in the water
>>
>>29296007
Not much.

At least, I hope not much, SM doesn't deserve good sales. It's shit.

Pokémon Colosseum, released 13 years ago (!), had much better graphics, story, movement mechanics, and so on.

Pre-order cancelled and I'm not even fucking kidding.
>>
>>29296007
noticeably, but only sm
>>
>>29304173
t. Buttmad Balliofag
>>
Not much. There will be a few though
>>
>>29298316
>IT'S LE POKEMON CRAZE AGAIN
Fucking normies and their weeklong fads
>>
>>29296058
3DS sales spiked after Go
>>
>>29296007
Given that Go is still practically advertising the brand name and that the 3DS family of systems has gotten significantly cheaper over the years? I'd say there'll be a good amount.

Some might also want a pallet cleanser for all the bullshit they had to put up with in Go.
>>
>>29296007
Of course! It did already. Read how much 3ds and Pokemon XYORAS was sold after hype.
>>
>>29296007
Not much, they would have to actually pay for it, tgey will go back to making fun of ppl who play it
>>
Any time a normalshit asks me if they'd like SM because they played Go, I tell them no and make them fuck off. The series is already going downhill fast enough.
>>
>>29296007

>>
File: 1473870642768.jpg (67KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1473870642768.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>>29296581
top fucking kek
>>
File: IMG_1945.jpg (82KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1945.jpg
82KB, 500x668px
>>29304173
>>
>>29296581
>as an IP, it is at its all time high in terms of relevance and popularity.
It's nowhere as big as it was during pokémania.
>>
>>29301167
Good Job. Your check will come in the mail
>>
File: IMG_3201.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3201.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>29296581
Wew lad
>>
>>29297426
1. I work in Playground and kids are talking abot ALL the time.
2. They have no idea there is more than 149 pokemon. When I showed them my 2ds with X pokedex they were all like WTF FAKE
3.They have no idea there is a different game.
>>
>>29308213
What's the age of those kids? I though kids nowadays all used the internet. It's impossible to search for Pokémon and not find things beyond go.

Also the anime is still being aired.
>>
>>29308513
4-10.
Kids use internet, but facebook only.
>>
>>29308672
>4 year old kids use facebook
For what purpose?

But yes, I can believe kids that young wouldn't know anything beyond go given they were introduced to Pokémon by it and some of them barely know how to read.
>>
>>29308213
>>29308672
God, I feel bad for today's kids. They are all disgusting normies.

>>29308054
Cute loli.
>>
>>29308909
My loli cousin likes to play those horrible facebook games. I've tried to get her to play quality stuff, but she's a total normie.

>today's kids will never play the old pokemon games
>they will play shitty, piss easy, forgettable games that constantly patronize them
I really feel bad for them.
>>
>>29308213
>he works with lowlees every day
>I'm not him
Why live?
>>
>>29309101
>Cute loli
>Jodie Forster
>lolo
>>
Probably not. Most of people who play pokemon Go are just follow the trend and only own smartphone. I doubt they even know about any main games, let alone the unrealeased one. For them the yellow electric rat's name is Pikachu. Most they would know about pokemon is as an anime, not game.
>>
>>29311369
#electric rat's name is "pokemon"
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.