[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone said this game is bad, I'm an hour in and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-Omega_Ruby_EN_boxart.png (103KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Omega_Ruby_EN_boxart.png
103KB, 250x229px
Everyone said this game is bad, I'm an hour in and I love every second.
>>
>>29295619
That's fine, Anon. People have different opinions.
>>
/vp/ is a bunch of drama queens

XY/ORAS were good, arguably better than the first 3 gens
>>
>>29295619
The beginning is probably the most polished. You can really see where they realized they didn't have enough Dev time

It's a shame, that beginning was really something
>>
>>29295619
>tripfag thinks his opinion is worth shit
>>
>>29295748
>anyone on /vp/ thinking their opinion is worth shit
>>
>>29295619
One hour?

What was the point of this thread

>>29295707
It's just different opinions
>>
you must have never played the originals then
>>
File: orasinfograph.jpg (2MB, 3530x2466px) Image search: [Google]
orasinfograph.jpg
2MB, 3530x2466px
>>29295619
>Everyone said this game is bad

because it is.
>>
>>29296651
Y'know, I was thinking about making a defiant image to this. one that basically explains why ORAS is a better game then HGSS. Even have notes, like how the story is superior, and how it's pokedex is actually upgraded as much as it could be.
>>
>>29296651
>>29296830
i was thinking of making an image that shows how cherry picked those camera angels are to make XY look better. honestly other than tiny shit here and there, and making some battles easy,ORAS are decent games.
>>
>>29296651
>the problem with ORAS
>literally just subjective opinions

Whoever made that has dogshit taste. ORAS may not be better than other remakes but it was certainly better than Gens 1, 2, 3, and 5
>>
>>29296872
ORAS is harder than RSE. Swagger is no joke.
>>
>>29295707
The series is just so formulaic that when people act like a feature or two is what separates amazing games from shit games I roll my eyes so fucking hard I get whiplash.
>>
>>29296651
>the framerate issues are just as bad as x and y
Do I just have a magical 3DS? X and Y would shit the bed when minor effects were displayed. The issue is still there in ORAS, but holy fucking shit is it better than in XY
>>
>>29296651
To be fair, Meditite and Makuhita had shit movesets in Emerald. And Knock Off being physical instead of special made Makuhita stronger in ORAS. Not gonna excuse everything else necessarily.
>>
>>29295619
Sounds like you never played the 3rd gen before.
>>
>>29296830
>how it's pokedex is actually upgraded as much as it could be.

yeah this linoone and tentacool and peilipper on every route sure is """""upgraded"""""
>>
>>29296830
But that image is shit and your will be just as shit

And filled with subjective stuff. Like "the story is superior"
>>
>>29296872
Because originally gen 3 everything is STILL better than xy, but they had to fucked the remake so bad
>>
>>29296651
A lot of this is super nitpicky, ORAS has problems but people keep glossing over some major improvements

Dexnav, usable movepools and being post split is enough to make it the definitive version for me
>>
>>29296873
Emerald > your taste
>>
>>29295707
>arguably
objectively.
>>
Anyone who enjoys Pokemon for the story (simplistic as it may be), characters, immersion and general charm will find ORAS to be one of the best games the series has ever had, if not THE best.
>>
>>29297264
ORAS > Emerald > your tiny dick
>>
File: 1454317822916.jpg (335KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454317822916.jpg
335KB, 1280x720px
>>29295619

/vp/ is a minority full of idiots

In other news, water is wet
>>
File: giphy (1)(1).gif (1MB, 205x211px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1)(1).gif
1MB, 205x211px
>>29295707
>better
Could not even give us a mediocre post game
Keep shilling
>>
Objectively speaking, ORAS is a bad game. It had its moments where it shined, like the Delta Episode. As posted above, the game is RSE except watered down in a 3D engine. I've put far too many hours into that game, and I can safely assure you that it is bottom tier
>>
>>29295619
just /vp/ being /vp/ anon. they're fine games. not the best, but definitely not terrible. don't let the manchildren drama queens cloud your judgment.
>>
>>29295619

OP is right, the game has a certin charm to it more than the original did and has badass mega evolutions

i honestly can't understand the hostility towards X&Y/ORAS i haven't played X&Y but i bet its good too.
been playing alpha sapphire for the past few months and its great.
>>
>>29295619
It's not bad. It's just really weak. All Pokemon main series games are great. This one's just the least great.
>>
>>29298984
>invisible majority
>>
It's good, it's just a poor remake especially after Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
>>
I enjoyed the scenery in XY a lot better. The Hoenn landscape brought into full 3D didn't have the impact on me I thought it would. But I did enjoy the ORAS game play a lot more, it kep more more engaged.
>>
>>29295619
Nothing wrong with that. People that complain the most have already gone back to Emerald multiple times and this didn't do enough new for them. Like its main selling point was a bunch of mega evolutions you're hardly going to see within the story.
>>
I just marathoned the first two gyms of Alpha Sapphire with my wife's son. Do I like it?
>>
>>29299006
>Objectively speaking, ORAS is a bad game

My bullshit meter just went off
>>
>>29295619
The best pokemon game out yet, easily my favourite of the series, but I can see why people wouldn't like it. After all, it did remove trainer customization and there are still some kinks to work out (newer pokemon only available in post game despite having appearances in the routes already).
>>
>>29295619

/vp/'s being Chris Chan because this game sold better than HGSS and FRLG

Basically, ORAS is /vp/'s 'Blue Arms'
>>
>>29295619
I just didn't have fun while playing it

And this is coming from someone who had more fun in the slog that is Sinnoh.
>>
gen 3 is the best, guys

>best starters
>coolest legendarys
>introduced double battles, natures (which were the best edition factually)
>ground breaking graphics
>better pokemon were added

is there a better region than the hoenn region?
>>
>>29298984
Too much wet.
>>
>>29299159
Why do these threads always devolve into "ORAS is better because it sold a few hundred thousand than HGSS"

These arguments belong on /v/
>>
>>29299054

No, those are the people who like ORAS
>>
>>29296651
>The framerate issues are just as bad as X and Y
>What is N3DS
>>
File: 1474661984869.png (248KB, 453x462px) Image search: [Google]
1474661984869.png
248KB, 453x462px
>>29299204
It devolves to that because ORASfags run out of arguments. Fucking Hoennbabies. Can't accept they had a shit remake.
>>
>>29296651
>It's safe to assume the E4 will be reduced, possibly even to HG/SS levels.
Funny that image says that, because compared to Ruby/Sapphire AND Emerald, the levels are actually higher. For example, Sidney's team is 46-49 in RSE, but none of them are below 50 in ORAS. In fact, they've even removed the NFEs like Glacia's Sealeo and Drake's Shelgon. The ONLY example of a level drop was Drake's Altaria going down 1 level.
>>
>>29295619
It's objectively the best remake so far, and unlike HGSS it has new content rather than just gimmicks. But /vp/ is full of sinnohfetuses so you'll never hear anything good about gen 6 here.
>>
>>29299171
Honestly I like Hoenn the least of all the regions, including Orre and Fiore. The rest of gen 3 is awesome, but Hoenn just seems so lackluster to me.
>>
>>29295619
When are you going to post the next alternaquest thread
>>
>>29299360
Yeah but exp share is a thing now - I'm playing through rn and my team is fully evolved and in the 40's to 50's and I haven't even completed Mt Pyre

>inb4 turn of exp share hurr durr
>>
>>29299288
>>What is N3DS
something that doesn't apply to ORAS. Games don't automatically have improved performance just by being on a n3DS.
>>
>>29299360
>because compared to Ruby/Sapphire AND Emerald, the levels are actually higher.

RELATIVELY they're not.

Being 2 or 3 levels higher is fucking worthless if my entire team is 5+ levels above them. In the originals my team was in the low 40s by the time I got to the E4.
>>
>>29296651
Stop sharing that "problem with ORAS" meme. I hate these games too but half of those are personal opinion of the person who made it.
>>
>>29300085
t. falsefagging hoennbaby
>>
>>29299388
Ignore anyone that calls content they like features and content they don't like gimmicks
>>
>>29295619
OR/AS is one of the most refined Pokemon games ever released. Right up their with HG/SS.

It's an amazing game.
>>
>>29296830
Wait you're talking about HGSS's updated Pokedex with Sinnoh and Hoenn sounds right?
>>
Not using the Emerald story was big bummer. Delta Episode was great, should have had a Tri Episode for Jirachi too. And the no Battle Frontier was a complete cuck, at least keep the Tower, and don't bother putting the teaser in if you're not going to include the content.
>>
>>29297174
I'm talking about the fact that all of the Gen 4 evolutions are actually in the game, as opposed to cherry picking six.
>>
>>29297189
But story telling inherently is more objective then a lot of things in that image. There are things that are much better done in ORAS then HGSS.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.