[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pros and Cons of SM We determine the good, the bad, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon SM.jpg (78KB, 630x215px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon SM.jpg
78KB, 630x215px
ITT: Pros and Cons of SM
We determine the good, the bad, and the ugly things about SM to determine if it will be an OK game overall when it comes out. You can give opinions, but don't try to force them as "objective facts."
No shitposting, no baiting, and no mindless hating but no mindless shilling either.
>>
Things to consider
>The region's landscape is varied and the trials could offer a new experience different from what we've seen before
>Some of the new Alola forms are refreshing takes on older Pokémon; regional forms can be expected for future games.
>It's been stated that the game will be more story-driven than before; this means that GF have trust in that they can make good plots in a franchise that is better known for the gameplay rather than stories
>The removal of HMs allows for more flexible teams
>The lack of d-pad squares allows for a freer, more natural movement
>(Opinion) The music is shaping up to be pretty decent
>(Opinion) While the colour palette is basically the same as XY's, they look brighter this time around, which fits very well with the surroundings and the overall environment
>>
>>29291495
^Those are pros. Now, here are some cons:
>We don't know if the trials will fulfill the expectations regarding difficulty. We know that some of the captains will only have three Pokémon.
>(Opinion) There are only 18 Alola forms and designwise, many of them are rather lacking. For example, the main visual difference in Dugtrio is the addition of blond hair.
>While GF may trust their writing skills, we still don't know if they'll be able to bring a satisfying experience that can appeal to as many audiences as possible. (This can be fully discussed only after the game is released)
>While it's a fact that most people didn't like using HM, the concern that it can eliminate some of the immersion is valid, especially considering that players will necessarily use specific rental Pokémon, rather than their own.
>(Opinion) We can have more movement now, but features that added more detail to the world, like sitting or biking, were removed. Sure, they mostly only added flavour, but they were regarded as fine touches by many fans.
>(Opinion) While the colours look better this time, they still look rather washed out. This makes the Pokémon look pretty different from how they're portrayed in other media.
>(Opinion) The lack of brand new Pokémon, considering that Game Freak were given a "free pass" in Gen. VI because it was their first time rendering Pokémon in 3D.
>(Opinion) The large amount of Legendary Pokémon, considering that there's a low number of "normal" Pokémon around.
>(Opinion) That Lunatone and Solrock won't be part of the regional dex, even though the games are "Sun and Moon."
>(Opinion) That the rival character that we know is extremely friendly. Characters seem to be very friendly in general, and while this can be good, it can detract from the challenge if they become too helpful or too obnoxious.
>>
>Pros

It's a Pokemon Game

>Cons

Everything about it so far.
>>
Pros:
>Beautiful Graphics
>Island Trials
>More Story Based
>No HMs
>Riding Pokemon Around the Region
>Better Movement
>Introduced the idea of old pokemon having new forms
>Totem Pokemon acting like Boss Battles
>Trainers using different pokeballs
>More Customization
Cons:
>Low amount of new pokemon
>No new megas (wasn't a fan when they were first introduced but since they exist it feels weird to just stop making new ones)
>Probably going to be too easy like XY
>Not enough variety in the new pokemon, (only 1 poison family, new dark types, ect.)
>Only 18 Alola form pokemon and all from gen 1 (seriously stop the gen 1 favoritism GF)
>>
Glad to see people in this thread thinking objectively and not just spouting judgment at every tiny thing
>>
>>29294146
Sadly, most people from both sides prefer to throw shit to each other. Hence why the thread inciting smart discussion has so few posts.
>>
>>29291211
I like this impression that SM is closer to Colloseum on GC, which still is my favourite game, 'cause it's so different than other pokemon games. I like idea they want to focus more on story, and they stop using washout pattern (badges, gyms, rival, elite four, fuck you). All I want to say is we will be able to actually rate it in december, after we play it through.

I wander how it's possible to see all 4chan so whiny about designs yet there is no Poke-game where all of them are awesome.
Always there is like 15 I enjoy, 15 I despise and rest I dont care.
Anyhow you play with 6, arent you?
>>
>>29291211
Pros
>no HMs
>customization is back
>the story has potential to not suck
>the trials have the potential to be a fun and challenging substitution for gym battles
>kanto pandering means more adult players and less of a stigma towards teens/adults who enjoy these games

Cons
>besides Alola forms, there are very few brand new Pokemon
>barely any new moves if you ignore signature moves available to the starters/legendaries/etc., Z-moves, exclusive Z-moves, and UB moves
>kanto pandering is becoming obnoxious for anyone who regularly plays these games
>>
Pros
>best graphics yet
>fully analog movement
>animations look great
>trainers in battles
>lots of great new bug types
>no hm's
>the concept of regional forms and the execution of some of them
>seems more story focused
>trials seem more interesting than gyms
>customization

cons
>the execution of some alola forms (golem, persian) and the small number of them, also only gen 1
>few new mons over all, I don't think this is a huge deal but it is a con
>GF might screw the awesome new bug types with shit stats because they're assholes
>z moves might be really stupid and it feels weird now having z moves and megas like where does it stop? I like the regional forms since they feel natural but megas and z moves feel forced and I don't wanna have to keep collect mega/z stones every game. I'm willing to give them a chance but I feel like at some point either megas or z moves gotta go. Regional forms better stay for good though, best new idea they've ever had.

Overall I'm excited for the games.
>>
Pros:
>Some very nice new designs, even if there are few
>LOTS of polishing for mechanics and UI
>The colorful island-style world, reminiscent of Wind Waker in some ways
>Hawaii is awesome
>Customization is even better than X and Y
>MUSIC
>Excercizes the possibility of Pokemon having different attributes due to adaptation
>Refresh is basically better Pokemon Amie
>Poke Pelago looks cool
>Festival Plaza might be fun

Cons:
>As said before, few new designs, although there are some great ones

I'm sure there'll be more apparent cons for me when I get to play the full game. I'm still not sure how I'm gonna like the story, difficulty, some new things like UBs, etc.
>>
File: PSX_20161019_213709.jpg (30KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20161019_213709.jpg
30KB, 256x256px
>>29291495
>This shiny isn't real
>Instead we got some lemony fresh
>>
>>29293610
You summed up exactly my thoughts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.