[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>thinking "gen 1 pandering" is a legitimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: stop.png (52KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
52KB, 299x299px
>thinking "gen 1 pandering" is a legitimate criticism of gen 6 or 7
>>
>>29286874
>thinking it's not
>>
>>29287406
Nigga, you being salty over nothing isn't a valid complaint.

Think about it, people complained about a machamp just standing around. If that isn't an indication "gen one pandering" isn't just some knee-jerk /vp/ bitches about everything session I don't know what is.
>>
But it is when they all but abandon every other generation. There are plenty of non-gen 1 Pokémon that would have made for good Alolan forms but they just ignored all of them because they didn't come out in Red and Green
>>
>>29286874
It is.
In gen 6 some areas and plot points are just copies of gen 1.
In gen 7 Kanto mons are the majority of the regional pokedex
>>
>>29287885
>some shitposters complained about something irrelevant so every smart complaint is irrelevant
You absolute dumbass.
>>
>>29288044
Thank you
>>
>>29286874
It is faggot. A new pokemon gen must be new, not a rehash of gen 1.
>>
>>29286874
>thinking criticism of any current generations means you're a genwunner
>>
>introduce Alola forms
>only gen 1 pokemon get them
Hell, even XY with all its pandering gave megas to other gens.
>>
>>29286874
No, but criticizing the fact that older Pokemon are taking precedence over the new ones this should be the main point of the games themselves is
>>
>>29288044
>In gen 7 Kanto mons are the majority of the regional pokedex

not sure if exaggerating or just really bad at math
>>
>>29286874
>thinking it isn't when the severe lack of new pokemon could have been compensated with pokemon from better gens
>thinking gen 1 pandering is a good thing
>>
>>29290505
Most likely just exaggerating. It's still terrible that Alolan forms are exclusive to gen 1 though, they could've had a really huge thing going there.
>>
>>29286874
I miss BitF
>>
>>29290710
It's hilarious, too, since genwunners are complaining that the designs are ruined, anyway.

Who was GF trying to please by doing that, anyway?
>>
>>29292513
Themselves. And long-term fans.
>>
>>29292513
I don't know, but I thought the forms were a way of celebrating 20 years of Pokemon by reimagining the designs of Pokemon from each generation, but then I got confused as to what they were trying to accomplish when it became evident it was exclusive to gen 1.
>>
>>29290505
>>29290710
There are 81 Kanto Pokemon in Alola, while other gens have around 20-30 Pokemon.
>>
>>29292513
Non autistic long term fans. The people who shout genwun are always the minority. On /vp/ thats different cause contrarian
>>
>>29290505
No, it's actually true. Go ahead and count them. There are 108 Kanto pokemon in the Alola dex and 88 Alolan pokemon.
>>
>>29292576
They mentioned they used only gen 1 Pokemon because they were the oldest.

So basically 'we redesigned these because they looked like outdated shit'
>>
>>29292641
I thought they were way more interesting than megas so it's a shame it's so limited. If gen 7 gets anymore games I hope the other gens get the same treatment.
>>
File: 1476407472447.png (86KB, 680x510px)
1476407472447.png
86KB, 680x510px
>all alolan forms are from gen 1
>half the dex is kanto
>fresh after the release of Pokemon Red and Blue on the eShop and Pokemon Go

It's like you don't think they're trying to make money.
>>
>>29292629
That's not a majority if you include all of the mons in the regional dex.
>>
>>29288044
When you count Alola Forms as new Pokémon, the native Pokémon outnumber the plain Kanto Pokémon. Also, there are 11 Pokémon-exclusive Z-Moves, and all 4 revealed so far belong to either Kanto or Alolan Form Pokémon.
>>
Ive never taken genwun pandering complaints very seriously before: I quite liked all of the genwun bullshit thrown into X and Y and I've always been a Kantofag at heart

With that being said, I do think they finally went too far when they decided only Kanto Pokemon would get Alolan forms. There's no good reason why Alola couldn't have cool regional variants of Johto or Hoenn Pokemon too
>>
>>29292786
>Counting alolan forms
>>
>>29292811
The problem isn't really that they're only gen 1, the problem is that they're gen 1 and only 10 fucking lines.

Megas were a new thing yet XY gave us 30 megas out of the bat.

I know it's not fair to compare entire lines to single species considering the number is similar, but still.
>>
>>29292817
Why wouldn't you? They play like entirely new Pokémon and can't change form.

You're not some faggot who counts Zelda and Sheik as the same character in Smash because muh slots, are you?
>>
>>29292967
That's a different game
>>
>>29292967
No new numbers. No new name. Designs are slightly altered rehashes.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.