[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So do people like HMs or not? I honestly don't know if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (583KB, 1387x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
583KB, 1387x2048px
So do people like HMs or not?

I honestly don't know if there's a general consensus,
>>
I fucking hate them
>>
You guys DO know the Hms are still there?
>>
>wanting /vp/'s general consensus
Please kill yourself immediately.
>>
I like hms being removed but I don't like having to rent a Pokémon that is not mine to surf or fly or whatever.
>>
>>29286326
HMs as they were aren't still there.
Surf, Fly, and Waterfall were made TMs instead

Pokeride is basically the 'new HMs', but not HMs.
>>
We had a poll

Like 85% hate them, it's just that shitters refuse to stop screaming and making new threads
>>
Everyone hates them. Those complaining are confused. They should have made the switch the same time TMs became limitless.
>>
>>29286297
No, when I'm in victory road training my pokemon for the league, I love taking several useless Hm slaves for rock smash, waterfall, surf, rock climb, flash, strength, physiotherapy etc..
>>
Well I have to either

A) Have one designated HM slave taking up 1/6th of my poke slots
B) Shit up all of my other pokemon by teaching them useless moves like cut so I can get the TM hiding behind the tree
>>
>>29286332
Sauce
>>
>>29286362
Pokeride?
So get a to go to b shit with a different name now
>>
File: 1231231431515.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1231231431515.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>29286892
>So get a to go to b shit with a different name now
>>
People dislike HMs but dislike change even more
>>
>>29286953
Get an hm to move the game along
Now by another name
>>
>>29286297
Well I personally like them since it makes it a little more interesting interaction with the game rather than just standard walking throughout the whole game, which amplifies the rpg experience. But I know most people hate them and I see where they're coming from.
>>
>>29286332
They are TM's and normal moves now
>>
>>29286994
>I have to be able to move to be able to move, what the fuck GF?
>>
HM's are literally a waste of a slot barring surf and waterfall on physical/special attackers respectively

i've had an hm slave every game since crystal so it'd be refreshing for them to not be in the fucking game at all.
>>
>>29286994
Except you do it anywhere without needing to waste a move slot on a HM or a party slot on a HM slave which is why people hated HMs in the first place.
>>
HMs are a waste of space that make it boring to get stuff.
You want to get this item? Better have strength, waterfall, rock smash, and surf.
>>
>>29286994
No stupid, with Pokeride you don't have to sacrifice a moveslot and/or a Pokemon party slot.
>>
Damn near everyone hates them,the handful that still want HMs in the games are literally autistic.
>>
>>29287050
> Because what ten year old knows how to swim right?
Fuck off with your shills
>>
>>29287101
>>29287091
> taking this long for them to get it right
ok I can dig this
>>
File: BASEDTRIODRAWING.png (837KB, 748x731px)
BASEDTRIODRAWING.png
837KB, 748x731px
>>29286297
HMs are an arbitrary way to make the game "harder". They always made it impossible to have a 6 mon team, without teaching them shit HMs that are only used for very specific "puzzles".

There is a lot of shit posting going. Its the same with every version.

Just ignore all the stupid shit that gets posted until the game is actually released.

If someone unironically think that HMs are good, we should be happy that /vp/ isnt in charge of game design.

>graphics significantly increased
>new pokemon look awesome and not generic at all
>alolan forms are so zany, that you cant be mad
>pic related
>people actually use energy to shitpost about m-muh HMs
>>
Getting rid of HMs is part of the casualization of pokemon. One of the few challenges the games had was building a team that could not only handle any enemy you faced, but could travel the whole region with. Your pokemon had to help you get through ANY obstacle in your way, not just other pokemon. But apparently making a team balanced to do anything is too hard for the casual kiddies, so here we are. Hopefully next game is even easier, because you all are clearly barely able to read.
>>
>>29287128
Yes tell me, what 10 year old does know how to swim across the ocean?
>>
File: 1476642972621.png (586KB, 600x856px)
1476642972621.png
586KB, 600x856px
>>29287307
>have to teach shit HMs to your pokemon
>somehow takes more skill than building a well rounded move set

Just stop. If that was a challenge for you, im surprised you are even able to post here all by yourself.
>>
>>29287307
Are you actually serious? Genuinely curious. HMs bothered me because all my Bug/Flying types couldn't learn to fly.
>>
>>29287307
> implying any other than post game was a challenge
Man must have been tough beating all those trainers with two pokemon and gym leaders using a single type
>>
>>29287307
>Getting rid of HMs is part of the casualization of pokemon.

Kids were soling the games with their starters ever since gen 1; the series has always been casual as fuck.
>>
>>29287360
> Ill just rid my furret there
Logic
>>
>>29286297
The idea of HMs isn't bad.
Unfortunately GF are too dumb to pull it off properly, so removal is honestly the best solution.

HMs should have been made useful moves in battle as well as out of battle, and there should've been 4 or 5 of them per gen max.
If every HM was as useful as HMs like surf or, to a lesser extent, fly (after the boost) then it would at least promote kids creating more diverse teams instead of playing through the game with two strong pokemon and a few slaves. It'd make HM slaves unnecessary.

Also HMs needing the move deleter is just them covering up for lazy game design, at least since gen 2.
>>
>>29287421
Anything**
>>29287456
Ride**
>>
HMs are especially noticeable in Gen 3 because of so much water. I'm forced to play with a water type because I can't have one of my pokemon losing out on all that EXP by replacing it with an hm slave that know surf and dive. But I didn't want to use a water type.
>>
Some people do some people don't. How abouy forming your own fucking opinion?
>>
>>29287969
I hate HMs, I'm just wondering the reasoning behind people wanting them back.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.