[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>According to Nintendo Rep Sun/Moon is more cinematic and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 002.jpg (98KB, 1490x782px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
98KB, 1490x782px
>According to Nintendo Rep Sun/Moon is more cinematic and story-driven than previous Pokemon games
How does this make you feel, /vp/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Qpz6cDBvA
>>
>>29286170
Seeing as there's so few Pokémon, they may as well make the entire game a movie.
>>
>>29286170
MUH DICK
U
H

D
I
C
K
>>
>>29286170
On the one hand, I aprreciate a more story-driven experience. On the other hand, GameFreak's story-writer are grade A garbage, so I'm not too optimistic.
>>
Depends, if this means progression is based on an actual plot and involves actual things happening then great

If it means gameplay is gimped and I'm forced to sit through super long talks about the pwer of friendship then fuck off
>>
>>29286267
This. I would love a story-driven Pokémon game, but from how it looks so far, I think it will be very disappointing.
>>
>>29286170
Well they had to axe something to put more effort into something else. Let's just hope it was worth it.

Can't say the same thing for XY do.
>>
>>29286170
Good, the dex was already ruined for me, I just hope for a good story at this point
>>
Honestly the story looks like a hot mess with the fake Arceus,the ayyliens and legendaries. The garbage dialogue and braindead NPC of the demo says it all.
>>
>>29286170
Great!, if the game is too easy again at least i can enjoy the experience of going through it, also i wonder how different it's gona be between versions.
>>
Then it shouldn't flood us with more and more text like Gen V but give us instead more actual confrontations and not endless textes ala Ghetsis story telling.
>>
>>29286170
sad and angry, I'm not a nostalgicfug, but if I play pokemon I don't want a cinematic game (moreover the plot probably, will be stupid) but a game where i do many fight.
>>
>>29286495
>Gen 5
>text-heavy

Take your medicine, ADHD-kun.
>>
Good. The games felt too fast. Give me a story to enjoy so I don't get bored of grinding to 100 before the first trial.
>>
>>29286267
Pretty much. I like how they tried in XY but it sort of fell on its face because of how poor it was.
>>
Story-driven for Pokemon is typically too self-contained. There are too many one-off characters so that no actual story ever really gets carried out, G/S and B2W2 pretty much the only exceptions. (XD as well but who's counting..) So you'll end up with supposedly important characters like the Elite Four not really making an impression on you because they talk to you before a battle and after a battle and that's about it.

That's why we have to get hype about recurring characters. Even something simple like a battle fodder NPC on a Route mentioning a Gym Leader from another Region counts as story for this series, and inconsequential cameos can end up critical continuity moments for the series.

Looker by simple virtue of appearing in more than two games is going to end up having one of the longer Bulbapedia articles.

I don't know what GF thinks counts as a story. It'd be interesting if, for example, the Aether Foundation was using Infinity Energy to open portals to Ultra Beasts, given how important Infinite Energy was to ORAS, and in ORAS it was in turn a reference to XY's two-sided pamphlet of an overall plot.

I wish it was more story-based, but I wouldn't worry about that rep's line. It means nothing.
>>
Gonna be cool and fresh at first like BW was with N. But if it's too cinematic it's going to ruin subsequent playthroughs
>>
>>29286170
Can't really say I care all that much, as long as they've addressed the issues plaguing the metagame.
And so far I've liked what I've heard in that regard.

Probably sucks for people who play more Pokemon for the campaign experience though. I personally am not expecting the Totems or UBs to be that much more of a challenge than usual.
>>
>Hey GF Pokémon is getting too casual it's insulting children at this point
>WHATS THAT MORE CINEMATIC? BLOW DRY THE POKÉMON

I mean at this point who gives a shit anymore. Autists get everything they want out of post game competitive and the casuals don't give enough of a shit to make a stink.

So an even bigger garbage story won't change anything.
>>
>>29286170
Like canceling my pre-order. I already stopped caring about AAA games years ago because of the shift to "cinematic experience". Looks like I should just give up gaming as a whole.
>>
>>29286340
The national dex axed. Bigger models, pokemon ride, cutscenes, longer story.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.