[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ultra Beasts are referred to as pokemon in leaks "The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 2016-09-20-12-54-53-203742501.jpg (5KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-20-12-54-53-203742501.jpg
5KB, 271x186px
>Ultra Beasts are referred to as pokemon in leaks
"The leaks might be wrong!"
>Ultra Beasts have dex previews and shiny forms
"B-but a couple pokestar opponents had shiny forms too"
>Polygon leaks that they are confirmed catchable
"They're lying!"
>UB Ball found in the code
"What if you just catch them then give them to the Aether Foundation forever???"
This denial is reaching ridiculous levels
>>
>>29283035
>"What if you just catch them then give them to the Aether Foundation forever???"
Oh god, I can see this now.

>Post-game
>UBs are weakened due to some plot point
>Aether tasks you with finding and catching them so they can be returned to their dimension
>Pokeballs don't work, so they use the special Aether Balls to trap them in a pocket dimension
>Time limit; bring the balls back to Aether before the caught UB escapes. If it escapes, it becomes a roaming pokemon again.
>Not found in the pokedex, so no tracking
>>
I don't get why people want them to not be usable so badly, like, do you really want LESS pokemon than we're already getting?
>>
>Ultra Beasts are referred to as pokemon in leaks
I'm sorry, but when was this? I don't recall ever reading or seeing that and I followed every leak so far. I'm serious by the way.
>>
>>29283129
Because they're all disgusting looking legendaries.
I can't believe people are defending SM's dex having an entire third of it being just legendaries.
>>
>>29283270
>an entire third of it being just legendaries.
Hey now, it's only a fifth of the dex that are legendaries :^]
>>
I'm getting real sick of all this falseflagging
>>
>>29283249
He means that people like Riddler have been putting them on par with regular Pokemon
>>
What if you only get ONE UB ball and then you have to travel to the UB dimension post game and choose which one you want?
>>
File: 1469180577231.jpg (55KB, 1136x243px) Image search: [Google]
1469180577231.jpg
55KB, 1136x243px
>>29283249
>Lusamine is Lillie's mother
>He studies hyperspatial pokemon from another universe
>Solgaleo and Luana share a preevo
>>
>>29283249
The leak that got Ash-Greninja in demo right said that Lusamine and Aether are "investigating extra-dimensional POKEMON".
>>
>>29283330
Trading.

It's why there are version exclusive UBs.

Even if you got only 1 ball, you can get em all.
>>
Riddler had them mixed in between Pokemon (actually exactlly where they turned up in the dex, too). People still were in denial.

Doesn't explain why he got some stuff wrong, though (Pikipek's evo, regular Dugtrio is his list at the bottom).
>>
>>29283357
Getting the pre-evo thing right is fucking crazy so I believe it now.
>>
>>29283330
I was thinking along the lines of, what if the game forces you to use your "master ball" on these creatures.
>>
>franchise about catching monsters
>suddenly there's 8 designs you can't catch

Not happening.
>>
>>29283270
>UB's
>Legendary
Pick one and only one. Also:
>not liking Obsidiamon
>>
>>29283270
I too am disappointed by the ratio of legendaries to regular mons, but I'd still rather have more usable things than less than the already small amount we've gotten.
>>
>>29283357
Who was this madman? Was he also the original starter leaker? Was he "the moon is clouds" anon? Is he Masuda?
>>
File: monster.png (925B, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
monster.png
925B, 96x96px
>>29283495
Wouldn't be the first time.
>>
>>29283129
I just want there to be a good reason why they aren't called Pokemon. If they are battleable, catchable, and useable, what is the fucking point of not just calling them Pokemon
>>
>every UB and Solg/Luna are shiny locked
;_ ;
>>
>>29283486
I had a theory way back when UB-02s were announced.

>They are either super strong hiperdimensional pokemon, or simply not pokemon at all
>As such, pokeballs don't work on them.
>Aether is studying a way to counter them.
>They experiment on UB-01 which is "docile"
>They create a way to depower them/change their structure so they're biologically closer to pokemon
>A special pokeball is developed to catch them

I got the ball part right at least. I was hoping they'd need to be depowered somewhat just so we get the 10k HP boss battles we wanted.
>>
File: 1476701611206.png (41KB, 255x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476701611206.png
41KB, 255x300px
>>29283740

and that's where PK Hex comes in
>>
File: (1KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1KB, 112x112px
>>29283794
So they ARE superbosses but not totally OP once you catch one.
I'm fine with that, realy.
>>
>>29283357
Christ, that guy's the real prophet around here.

Or just astronomically good at guessing.
>>
>>29283656
>muh movie props
>>
>>29283503
They're presumably unique, and will have various properties to make them stand out among normal Pokemon, such as unique types, moves, abilities, or just lore. They'll most likely have above-average to high stats, and they're involved with the plot to some degree.

For all intents and purposes, they're legendary Pokemon under a different name for flavor purposes. If anything, the Ultra Beast distinction is an excuse to go crazy with their designs.
>>
>>29283726
For story reasons? Contrary to popular belief there is a story in Pokemon.
>>
>>29284258
Not that anon but, I understand there's a story and all In pokemon already, but since they put such a heavy implication on UBs being the entire center of the story and not just a goal for the bad guys, and the fact they're not called pokemon really made me think they were bosses that you and your team would fight and after the story, became NPCs or returned to their dimensions since I doubt game freak would say they're dead
But alas, all it was all but a dream... at least you don't have to catch them right?
>>
>>29283035
They're catchable non pokemon.
>>
>>29283129
the legendary to main dex ratio is pretty revolting
>>
They might just be differentiated from Pokemon so they don't have to be legacy creatures ported from gen to gen. I mean, You might be able to catch them, but I doubt you'll be able to trade them, or release them except possibly if there's a story moment where you're forced to. I think they want to have these massively OP boss monsters, but you can't use them in trainer battles or trade them to a future gen or something.
>>
>>29283862
>astronomically
>Sun and Moon
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
>>29283035
Let's be real for a second: Nothing is confirmed about the status of ultra beasts yet. It makes sense that they are coded in the game the same way as regular Pokémon. Would you expect to find them in a different data format? The UB ball is, of course, coded as a regular pokeball, too. That doesn't mean it's obtainable. We know that NPC trainers use pokeball animation now. The UB ball might be in for a story sequence where an NPC summons an Ultra Beast. This is a completely plausible story beat, and of course they would code it as the UB just being caught in an UB ball, because why would they use a new system if they already have one that does exactly what they want.

Of course, that's not a certainty either, though. UBs may just act like normal Pokémon, being obtainable and usable the same way. But you can't tell this just from the fact that they are coded in like other Pokémon.
>>
>>29284258
>Space virus is a pokemon
>Digital thing is a pokemon
>Every deity is a pokemon
>Aliens from outer space are pokemon
>Things that reside in other dimensions are pokemon
>Artificial creatures and things that are just every day objects that gain life are pokemon
>Ghosts of people are pokemon
>But not these eight creatures these aren't pokemon they're Ultra Spookums

It's such a weird specific thing to apply to only them. There are already extra dimensional creatures (Giratina) that are pokemon why draw the line at these bugs?
>>
It almost made sense for a bit when all the UBs looked like they wouldn't have faces and would pretty much be unconscious nervous systems that just fuck around in response to stimulus - like big viruses, if you want to think of them like that - but a couple of em have mouths and faces and look sentient. So that doesn't really work.
>>
>>29286710
Because Pokémon has a design difficulty where you can't have super powerful boss enemies because everything is catchable. That's in theory a good reason to intorduce some different kind of category of monster you can't catch.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.