[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tcg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 25

File: CvI58woVIAEjSXy.jpg (160KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
CvI58woVIAEjSXy.jpg
160KB, 800x563px
>No tcg thread

New GX.
>>
>>29281162
Not a huge fan of the art.

Translation on the moves?
>>
>>29281217
"Ice Beam" is GX attack, can't read much the kana at the bottom.
>>
>>29281217
>Collect [W] - Draw 3 cards.
>Blizzard Burn [W,W,W] - 160 damage, This Pokémon can't attack during your next turn.
>Ice Beam GX [W,W,C] - Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed. (You can only use one GX attack per game.)
>>
>>29282098
Sounds poopish. Can't wait to see it end up on a basic blue deck sometime next year.
>>
File: PremiumTrainerBoxSunMoon.jpg (78KB, 730x490px) Image search: [Google]
PremiumTrainerBoxSunMoon.jpg
78KB, 730x490px
This thing looks so cool. I love the new look of the cards!

Also my two Keldeo vs Ray battle arena decks finally arrive tomorrow, just about month late lmao. Now I just need to figure out what deck I want to build as my first deck ever and get the rest of the cards..
>>
>not even including previous OP

Anon PLS.
>>
>>29281162
Oh shit, this isn't even on pokebeach yet. Is there more?
>>
>>29282098
Blizzard Burn might make it neat in some expanded blastoise deck if we get good damage modifiers
>>
>>29282467
Hmm... Ehhh, the issue is that it's still a two prize pokemon which might have grass weakness.

The upside is it bypasses the whole anti-EX pokemon that keldeo currently has but the downside is it's not as easily able to sneak itself into the active position like keldeo. It might be a good tech card over Wailord I think but I still prefer articuno a lot more for killing night march.
>>
More broken bullshit yay
>>
>>29282289
Yoo they're selling the 3D damage counters with the boxes now. Nice.
>>
I'm trying to convince myself to not run Olympia in my deck over Escape Rope but I'm having trouble convincing myself.

On the one hand, I'm already running 3 float stones on my deck so mons shouldn't get stuck too often but on the other hand it means I can be a little more liberal attaching items on pokemon and also be a little more liberal with it's use and in the offchance I have to discard it then it means it's not gone for good.

On the other hand, it means I can't Skyla search for Escape Rope.

Anonss, thoughts?
I think it's probably just better in decks with less float stones maybe...
>>
>>29284323
Post decklist?
>>
>>29284378
It's Scizor Deck and I'm at work so pardon me if it's a mess.

Here's the skeleton:
x3 Scizor EX
x3 M Scizor EX
x1 Cobalion
x2 Shaymeme Ex
x2 Trubbish
x2 Garbodor
x1 Hoopa EX

x4 Crushing Hammer
x4 Ultra Ball
x4 VS Seeker
x2 Mega Turbo
x4 Trainer's Mail
x2 N
x2 Lysandre
x4 Sycamore
x1 Flare Grunt
x1 Skyla
x2 Parallel City
x3 Scizor Link
x3 Float Stone
x1 Olympia / Escape Rope

x9 Metal Energy
>>
>>29284535
>It's Scizor Deck

just put it in the trash senpai
>>
>>29284650
That's boring, I already have a few decks and Scizor is decently fun and I've run it for a month but have been considering optimization.

I do think Giratina/Darkrai suffers from less skewed matchups though.
Unless you go against one of the rare meme fighting decks.
>>
File: m8.png (49KB, 346x341px) Image search: [Google]
m8.png
49KB, 346x341px
>5 points away from FA N
>Think about taking a break and playing later
>Get paranoid about servers going down and missing out by half a win
>Play one more game and win N
>Servers go down

They will probably be back up soon, but I'd be nervous if I hadn't already got to the end of the ladder.

Also, my final wheel prize was a BREAKthough pack which had a Damage Change Mewtwo-EX in it.
>>
File: Typhlosion.BKT.20.png (908KB, 568x795px) Image search: [Google]
Typhlosion.BKT.20.png
908KB, 568x795px
So does anyone run this? Getting back into the game and I love how fast it seems but having to run so many energy cards for it to work seems a little sketchy
>>
>>29286341
It's a meme deck and it runs face on scizor if it actually gets setup along with early wins if you have lucky draws or your opponent has bad draws.

It's VERY likely to fail but it's a meme deck so whatever.
>>
>>29286341

People do run it, but it's not hugely popular. I only see it occasionally on versus.

You have to be wary of your deck size though. I beat a Typhlosion player yesterday because they played Sycamore with only 11 cards left and then attacked, so I could just win by passing my turn.
>>
File: codes.png (181KB, 397x279px) Image search: [Google]
codes.png
181KB, 397x279px
Found this code and it reminded me of you fags
>>
File: why.jpg (35KB, 670x264px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
35KB, 670x264px
Did anyone finally make a competent magma base deck or why is it skyrocketing famalam?
>>
>>29288450
It's because of that new stupid gyarados deck
>>
File: Gyarados.AOR.21.png (977KB, 568x795px) Image search: [Google]
Gyarados.AOR.21.png
977KB, 568x795px
>>29288450

Gyarados.
>>
Hypothetically, what would result Pokemon cards across all generations surging in price?

Does it have to take Pokemon tcg being shut down for good for that to happen? Or TCG allowing the older Pokemon cards from wizards of the coast to be played in the current meta?

I'm just asking because if people can manipulate the price of fucking rocks, I'm sure the same could happen to like Pokemon cards
>>
File: ex-dee.jpg (47KB, 796x207px) Image search: [Google]
ex-dee.jpg
47KB, 796x207px
>>29288530
>>29288587
Ah ok, I'll try to ride off the hype then :^)

>>29288594
If there's a synergy in a card from an upcoming pack that will improve an already existing card
>>
>>29288594
Prices surge if there's a demand rush, so legalizing old cards would surge prices because they're no longer being printed and now the demand has surged.

That being said, Shaymin EX is the current one due to demand rushes.
>>
File: Team-Rocket-Special-Case[1].png (92KB, 633x429px) Image search: [Google]
Team-Rocket-Special-Case[1].png
92KB, 633x429px
>that alternate art giovanni's scheme

muh diiiiiiiiiiick
>>
>>29288660
>>29288594
Why did Pokemon Corp ban the old cards anyway from the format? They don't break the meta in any fucking way
>>
>>29288450
So much about that budget deck lmfao..
>>
>>29288938

LOL
>>
>>29288967
Ok maybe a few
>>
>opponent know they've lost
>take 8 minutes doing absolutely nothing other than hoping I leave
disgusting
>>
>>29289359
Just lurk something/watch youtube etc. and fucking stall more and tell them that way that you have no problem and they will just get bored and leave.
>>
>>29282289
Is this reprinting Sycamore, Lysandre, VS Seeker, and Mystery Energy?

This is kind of fucking huge if it is.

On the other hand, this is the Japanese box and all those cards already got reprinted over there.
>>
>>29289359
Just keep spamming "You have a nice deck!", they'll eventually concede because of their shitty deck :^)
>>
>>29290154
Do NOT bully the shitters.
>>
>>29290871
Then how else will you get the message across if you can't even chat anymore?
>>
>>29291061
wtf is up with this?
>>
>>29291377
Devs hate conversation.
Enjoy your pre-made messages.
>>
>>29291715
Whew, that was close!
>>
the only time I use the new messaging system is to shit talk people playing mill decks
>>
File: halloween.jpg (74KB, 823x625px)
halloween.jpg
74KB, 823x625px
Sabeleye sleeves and unleashed theme decks are in the shop.
>>
>>29292735
>last year had fancy Gourgeist and Trev styled shit
>this year it's just Sableye stock art

Shit.
>>
Are Breakthrough and Fates Collide packs worthless? I've had trouble trading for enhanced hammers, crushing hammers and team flare grunts
>>
>>29292735
>>29292735
I love Sableye but those are ugly
>>
Any of the Unleashed decks worth getting for any reason besides the coins?
>>
File: stockart.jpg (185KB, 1269x440px) Image search: [Google]
stockart.jpg
185KB, 1269x440px
>>29293215
You mean you don't like the other new items?
>>
File: noivern.jpg (63KB, 828x394px)
noivern.jpg
63KB, 828x394px
>>29292735
>>29293382
Didn't see the noivern one on the shop until now.
>>
>>29293382
Absolutely disgusting. At least I can save my coins for Evolutions.

Oh wait Evolutions sucks shit. Well okay, I'll buy some Unleashed.

Oh wait Unleashed is the worst HGSS set.

Fuck.
>>
>>29293382
>That cropped noivern deck and sleeve
lol too lazy famalam
>>
File: theme deck.jpg (137KB, 902x586px) Image search: [Google]
theme deck.jpg
137KB, 902x586px
>>29293365
The unleashed decks have no coin. they just use the red arceus one.
>>
>>29293485
>no Steelix/Tyranitar coins

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
Does anybody know the Raichu list that was played in Orlando? The one that got 11th Day 1
>>
File: unleashed coins.jpg (139KB, 801x400px) Image search: [Google]
unleashed coins.jpg
139KB, 801x400px
>>29293512
Alright, now I'm annoyed too since these are the coins from the real life version.
>>
>>29288910
Holy shit, it looks sweet as fuck, any more info on that?
>>
File: yay.png (1MB, 1263x694px)
yay.png
1MB, 1263x694px
My first HGSS booster - Am I a lucky guy?
>>
>>29293928
Nice trainers famalam
>>
>>29293928
The fighting energy and energy switch are worth more than Ho-oh.
>>
File: ZapdosGB1.jpg (47KB, 250x356px) Image search: [Google]
ZapdosGB1.jpg
47KB, 250x356px
>tcg for gameboy
>dat zapdos

this thing would kick so much ass even today
wish it was a real card
>>
>>29294005
>100 hp
>70 dmg for 3 electric

Nah, it'd be good pretty much only for scooping up and around from your bench with AZ and shit for FREE 60 damage and shit. And it'd be utter deadweight if started with due to retreat cost.

It'd be good in memey decks though.
>>
>vs Carbink
>both garbs prized
>1 Lysandre too

Ok.
>>
>>29294005
You know that it needs to hit around 3 times the same opponent pokemon to get 2 prizes, right? If your opponent is running something like Damage Swap Mewtwo, he just got a free win with just mewtwo alone.
>>
>>29282259
>GX
>on a basic deck
you wish.
>>
>opponent used sparkle
>played ranger
>sparkle still triggered
>continues to sparkle for 5 more turns
>>
>>29295072
no wonder why I stopped playing this game online
>>
new sleeves are kinda shit
>>
are Keldeo vs Rayquaza still worth buying or has the price of all the cards dropped since release?
>>
>>29296842
Not only have they dropped, but VS Seeker is getting another reprint in S&M
>>
>>29281162
can someone please explain how to play? never knew after all these years.

>how does one attack
>do you draw from a deck? one card per turn?
>do you "summon" monsters like Yugioh or some shit on the field?
>how does one lose?

I know that energy's are needed to attack.. right?
>>
>>29296884
Download the client, play the GBC game, or just google it.
>>
>>29296884
The online client does a forced step by step tutorial of how to play and drills you through tutorial fights.

If you don't get it after that then people in this thread can't help you.
>>
File: Memeyados.jpg (154KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
Memeyados.jpg
154KB, 323x450px
What makes Gyarados so good? it seems like the definition of a meme deck.
>>
>>29297233
Does as much damage as an optimal condition M-EX and can out value your opponent if they are running an EX deck.

2 prizes > 1
>>
>>29296884
download the client and play through the tutorial, it's very simple to understand the first layer of play. But like a lot of games, the better you get the deeper your understanding becomes. A lot of tactics have secondary effects that a first-timer won't make the most of. For example an Ultra Ball allows you search out any Pokemon from your deck which is good of course, but you have to discard two cards from hand which is bad. Unless, you have a reason you actually *want* to discard cards from hand.

Play through the client a bit then come back post here more. Pretty easy-going helpful general here.
>>
Three Magikarp with 2 damage counters each from Team Magma's Secret Base lets Gyarados swing for 210 damage off a single DCE, which is enough to OHKO M Mewtwo. This isn't hard to pull off at all thanks to Dive Ball and Level Ball. Between Buddy Buddy Rescue and Puzzle of Time, you can recycle Magikarps very easily. You also get a lot of flexibility with your techs; the deck can run Garbodor, Zebstrika for the M Ray matchup, Octillery instead of Shaymin for the budget build, attach double Bursting Balloon or Assault Vest, and more.

The deck had potential last format and was considered an okay budget, but it was ultimately shut down by cards like Trevenant Break and Manectric EX. Night March was also just too nuts.
>>
>>29297233
No item lock, No bench damage, not an ex, top tier artwork. it's all good
>>
>>29297233
The craptacular deck design in the meta allows it to exist. People just don't pack any trickery in their decks. Everything they pack is their core attacker and every other card in the deck fills out the role of fetching it and charging it up, with very few cards offering support roles other than fetching the core cards again, in case they are discarded while fetching for them.

Most decks in the meta are one trick ponies, so they can't defuse the gyarados, which itself takes about as long to set up as they do.
>>
>teacher
>kid randomly gave me his venesaur EX

felt so good, is it a decent card?
>>
>>29297551
Lol no.
>>
File: 1475262566678.jpg (40KB, 245x249px)
1475262566678.jpg
40KB, 245x249px
>>29297588
Whatever, I was touched to be gifted a holographic + EX, the kids are utter retards and don't understand shit about the cards, so how cool it looks is what matters most - and the card is definitely flashy.
>>
>>29297621
The company is mean. They make all the flashy cards with cool art the kids will want shit so they will lose all games they ever play.
>>
>>29297621
That's cool and I'm glad your kids like you well enough to give you a free card.

But, only a child WOULD own that card. TPC make all these crap bundles with really "cool" looking cards to sucker parents out of their money while at the super market.

For example.
>>
>>29297727
They say "how much does he do" referring to his Hp or the singular highest damage ability without accounting for math.

So 170 + 130 would be pretty good to them plus ashninja is popular as fuck. I'd agree.
>>
>>29297588
>he isn't hype for Crisis Vine M-Venusaur
>>
File: Base Charizard.jpg (752KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Base Charizard.jpg
752KB, 1280x1920px
>>29297749
Some things never change
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 191x264px
>Recall Charizard
>Energy burn charizard

I'll find away to make you great Charizard.
>>
File: XY1_EN_2.png (206KB, 245x342px)
XY1_EN_2.png
206KB, 245x342px
>>29297803
Ehhh. I guess I can look into it.
Forgot that card was coming down the pipeline.
>>
>>29297233
It is a meme deck anon, it's one of the decks I pretty much never lose to with any decent deck.

Beaten it with Darkrai/Gira, Scizor, Rainbow Road, etc.

It's a really craptacular meme deck people like to think is good because it can take a win by surprise if you don't plan well. It gets shit on if you a) KO a magicarp first turn which is damn easy b) shut down their stadium c) item lock them with shit like Gira

It's funny to see it work but it's tier 2 at best.
>>
File: Screenshot (34).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (34).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Pic related is the deck I'm currently using. Any suggestions to make it better?
>>
>>29297657
They need to make money somehow, not like they're going to reprint the shaymeme :^)
>>
>>29298389
If you're running this on expanded then you're going to get shit on a lot.

Expanded is arguably much stricter than standard (even if it's full of a lot of shitters) due to the high amount of night marcher faggots that still can't let go of their idiot deck. And even outside of Night March there are a ton of Keldeos etc which will set up way too fast for you to deal with and your pokemon.

If you want to run this meme deck then adjust it for standard. Consider Giratina for locking up mega decks and just... Pray I guess.
>>
>>29297233
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsGFlc2hI4M
>>
>>29298660
I haven't had much of a problem in Expanded with this deck, but then again I'm probably just playing against a lot of shitters. Besides Giratina, what else would you recommend for Standard?
>>
>>29298746
>skrillex intro
>no images
Is this what the TCGO community has fallen into
Wish i was eloquent like pooka...
>>
>>29297233
Relies on the opponent having a slow start. If it prizes just one Magikarp it can be a disaster. It's prone to dead hands. It gets blown up by Greninja unwinnably. Rainbow Road can end it with Galvantula spam. It basically just needs to have everything go right and have everything go wrong for the opponent.
>>
>>29298936
If you're determined to stick with this deck then lower your Skyla to one. Take out Prof Letter. Eel isn't legal in standard so replace him with something, two would be Giratina and the others would normally be Shaymeme but if you're budget run the x2 octopus.

Remove the Compressors and Bands for Trainers Mail.
Also the fuck you running a deck without 4 VS Seekers for. Get those ASAP.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.