[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is there not a single pure flying type outside of pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tornadus.jpg (10KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
tornadus.jpg
10KB, 238x212px
why is there not a single pure flying type outside of pic related /vp/?

I was hoping toucanmon would be pure flying, but that fucker turned out to be pikipek's final evo?
>>
>>29275940
Cause most of the flying types are pretty normal

Is there anything normal about Tornadus?
>>
>>29275998
no, they're all birds. they all fly fuckboi. they coulda at least made a pure plying oracorio ffs
>>
>>29275940
Flying-type in Pokémon simply means "a creature that's able to fly".

But besides the flight ability, that creature HAS to be able to do other things, like shoot water or be made of rock, and if they don't, then they're basically just regular (Normal) animals.

So following that arbitrary rule, unless they introduce a pokémon that's literally just a pair of wings, all things will be "Something/Flying".

The only reason Tornadus is pure Flying is because his trio are all Something/Flying, with that something corresponding to their control over nature. Thundurus is Electric/Flying, Landorus is Ground/Flying and Tornadus is Flying/Flying, which in the end just becomes pure Flying.

If Tornadus were just a standalone pokémon I can guarantee you that GF would find a way to make it not pure Flying.
>>
Drifblim could've been pure Flying if it was not a Ghost.

I can see something like an airborne jellyfish mon as a pure Flying type in the future.
>>
>>29275940
despite playing since gen 4, somehow i only saw it's therian form a few days ago
it makes me feel uncomfortable
>>
>>29276172
i know you're right. but it still sucks, its a dynamic to gameplay we rarely get to experience. think back to gen 1 with Gengar, the only ghost type, who was also part poison. its 20 years later and i STILL sometimes mistake ghost for being weak to psychic. even in gen 2 we only had midrevous. it's just thta, with all the new unique type combinations, with dragon, ice, bug, steel fairy, getting all these unique and new combos, its stupid we don't have an easily accessible, pure flying type.
>>
>>29275940
>visible conedick and cleavage
why was this allowed?
>>
>>29275940
>what's flying silvally?
>>
A happy little cloud that changes shape (based on cloud watching) would've been cute. But now we got that lil nebula cloud fella which is probably pure Psychic.
>>
>>29276172
Yeah, this guy gets it.

Bird Pokemon are Normal type. Bird Pokemon that can fly are Normal/Flying.
>>
>>29276172
Garchomp can fly but isn't flying type
>>
>>29278521
Only because he already has two types. Same reason Masquerain lost Water.
>>
>>29278421
>implying they wouldn't just make it part water or ice because that's what clouds are made of

>>29278521
Garchomp is already a dragon that grounds
>>
File: Origami.png (16KB, 472x199px) Image search: [Google]
Origami.png
16KB, 472x199px
Pure flying
>>
>>29275940
Arceus-Flying (and Silvally/flying) laugh
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.