[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we discuss the competitive viability that many of the new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (235KB, 720x563px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
235KB, 720x563px
ITT we discuss the competitive viability that many of the new Pokemon will have

I believe that this bug has a good chance of being OU or at least UU with Volt Switch and a high speed
>>
>>29275787
Shitty galvantula
>>
Nothing to discuss until we know the stats and movepool.
>>
>levitate

lol

This thing is RU tops. There's a billion better volt switchers with actual abilities and no stealth rock weakness
>>
wasted ability slot
>>
It absolutely catergorically will not be OU unless it has 600 BST, which it won't

fairly shit tier typing, competing with Galvantula by default (who is already not very good and just barely hanging onto UU) will have a similarly shallow ass movepool and no compoundeyes thunder to abuse

doomed to RU at best
>>
>>29275869
Don't forget no sticky web.
>>
Considering the starters, Popmaid has the highest chance of being competitively viable. Assuming it is Water/Fairy, that's already a superb typing, on top of practically guaranteed to get Scald, Moonblast, and Ice Beam. That alone could make it UU. If it gets recovery, or if Aurora Veil is its Signature move, then it is going straight to OU.

Luchalitten has the next highest chance, assuming it is Fire/Dark. STAB Sucker Punch/Knock Off and STAB Fire is superb coverage, and it's highly likely to get Superpower or Close Combat. If it is Fire/Fighting, it's going straight in the trash. Unless if it somehow has better stats than Infernape (which it wouldn't), it's going down to RU, or possibly lower if it's worse than Emboar.

Roothoot has a lot going against it. Poor defensive typing, combined with it practically necessitating laser-focused stat distribution (which Starters rarely if ever have) to be good, things are not looking good. Unless if this thing gets fucking Gale Wings AND Thousand Arrows (the latter which I could actually see Game Freak doing an event release of), I don't see much hope for poor old Archer Owl.
>>
Almost everything in gen 6 OU has at least one of the following:

amazing stats in the 600+ region (see: pretty much every legendary, pseudo and mega in the tier (makes up over half of OU) and then consider how many more legendaries, pseudos and megas there are that aren't even good enough with this)

actually incredible abilites that compliment their moveset well like gale wings, multiscale, magic guard, pure power, regenerator, scrappy, technician, intimidate, magic bounce, -ate...

amazing typing either offensively or defensively

vikavolt has no chance, nor do 98% of new mons. there were only like 3 good new mons in XY. OU is utterly insane and singles is pemanently broken, possibly since BW. hell, ORAS UU is much more terrifying than HGSS OU. smogon should really just give up trying to balance singles, a cursory look at the uber or BL lists shows how utterly ruined singles is now as a format
>>
Whichever UBs don't get banned to Ubers will remain to dominate OU.
>>
Most have potential to be OU based on the very minimal knowledge we have. It's hardly worth predicting since we don't know the majority of Pokemon's abilities or typings, the ones we do know we still don't know stats or movepools.

Nothing so far seems to be instantly broken based on their revealed information, even Ash-Greninja isn't that much better (and potentially worse) than regular Greninja.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.