[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's been 3 years and megas are still the dumbest shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: DIGIVOLVE INTO ULTIMATE.jpg (137KB, 630x350px) Image search: [Google]
DIGIVOLVE INTO ULTIMATE.jpg
137KB, 630x350px
>it's been 3 years and megas are still the dumbest shit ever in terms of concept, design and execution

How does this make you feel?
>>
>tfw no-one can defend this
>>
>>29275103
>dumbest shit ever
>when Z-moves exist

GF keep raising the bar, next gen will have something even dumber I guarantee it
>>
File: 7c6.png (11KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
7c6.png
11KB, 211x246px
>>29275103
>>it's been 3 years
>>
File: 1368783143903.jpg (51KB, 402x584px) Image search: [Google]
1368783143903.jpg
51KB, 402x584px
>>29275103
>implying a pure water quadrupedal samurai isn't the dumbest shit ever in terms of concept, design and execution
>>
Some looked pretty good desu
>>
>>29275103
Nah, Gen IV as a whole was still worse than megas.
>>
>>29276649
>online
>phys/ spec split
>remakes of the best gen
>hell, even about half the new evos were actually good

sinnoh sucked, sure. but for every lickilicky, probopass and magmortar we got a weavile, gliscor and mamoswine
>>
Megas as a concept were interesting. A way to buff weak 3-stage mons? Sign me up!
The problem is that it became very clear that megas were more of an advertising tool more than anything (did lucario, lati@s and salamence really need a mega) All megas should have been Mega-Bedrill: min-maxing the fuck out of a pokemon so that it became usefull. The fact that Z-moves are replacing megas is also a kick in the balls. You already have a flashy gameplay mechanic, why do you need another one?
>>
>>29275103
oh man
wait till this guy finds out about ultra beasts
>>
It makes me feel like it's perfectly acceptable that you don't like megas but you should accept that it's your own personal opinion and there's no "correct" answer to whether megas are good
>>
>>29276896
>otherworldly entties that actually look like they don't belong in Pokemon and actually look like a legitimate threat are worse than slapping random shit onto a Pokemon regardless of whether or not it actually needs a buff
>>
>>29276940
Exactly, we don't need fucking Digimon in this game you stupid nigger
>>
>>29276940
>otherworldly entties that actually look like they don't belong in Pokemon and actually look like a legitimate threat are worse
>that don't belong in pokemon
yeah, they are worse.

especially considering they're literally catchable and literally can be sent out to battle and unironically take up pokedex slots
>>
>>29276844
>remakes of the best gen
>ruining literally everything that made it the best gen
>>
>>29276872
This right here.
>>
>>29276968
>digimon games will always be shit
>pokemon will always be developed by the literal retards at GF
It hurts.
>>
>>29275103
I think you spelt alolan forms wrong.
>>
>>29275103
>what is Alolan Form?
>>
>>29277075
The original Digimon World is literally GOAT tier
>>
>>29277048
>unironically thinks HGSS are worse than the originals

this should be good. go on, defend yourself
>>
>>29275103
>megas are still the dumbest shit

It's like you haven't seen the Ultra Beasts yet.
>>
>>29277102
>>29277138
>pick old pokemon seemingly at random and give them ugly new designs and change their stats/typing in an attempt to make them relevant again

alolan forms are basically megas 2: electric boogaloo
>>
>>29277202
more like Megas: genwun pandering edition
>>
>>29277006
so they ARE Pokemon?
>>
>>29277202
if you mean they're essentially an extremely shit version of megas, then yes
>>
>>29275103
Z moves exist, so no.
>>
>>29275103
Z-moves are dumber.

Also they've brought up that loving your Pokemon has always been the right way to raise them.

BW2 brings up that this is also a source of power, which justifies why your character who's a kid can do the things they do.

Megas are powered by the bond between trainer and Pokemon, aka taking that bond bullshit and turning it into a legit power. They evolved beyond their limits to fight for you.
>>
>>29275103
>In terms of design and execution

Maybe crop out Mega Charizard Y from that pic then mate, it improves on Charizard in every way and fixes up all the lacking parts of the original design.
>>
>>29279358
hahaha fucking kill yourself right now

literally vanilla charizard + le epic spikes
>>
>>29275103
>How does this make you feel?
Digimon trash.

>>29276161
I find it hard to believe that they can top something as retarded as Z-Moves. But its GF so I should be more open to the possibility of how terrible they can get.
>>
Megas are great, Z-Moves and Alolan Forms are way worse in all but concept of Regional Forms
>>
>>29275103
>t. butthurt dragonite
>>
>>29280911
>dragonite
>needing a mega to be viable

don't you mean flygon?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.