[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The thing that baffles me the most is the severe lack of Alola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

The thing that baffles me the most is the severe lack of Alola forms. I'm supposed to believe that there were only 2 families of Alola mons they didn't reveal up until the demo? That's fucked considering that X&Y introduced 30 brand new goddamn Megas
>>
L A S A N G N A
>>
File: 1403391405366.jpg (16KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
1403391405366.jpg
16KB, 300x317px
I hate that only Gen 1 Pokemon got Alolan forms. I get that it's for the 20th anniversary, but we should be celebrating Pokemon in general, not just Gen 1.
>>
>>29260672

Rest of the Alolan forms are coming in DP remakes.
>>
>>29260866
genwunners made pokemon faggot
>>
>>29260866
Why couldn't they help Johto it's literally the same fucking place

>>29260922
I thought game freak did
>>
>>29260672
This bothers me a LOT. Like, I was seriously expecting at least 40 alola families. Minimum. I was really hoping that most revisited pokemon would have alolas so the game wouldn't be a stale "catch what you already caught!" fest.
>>
>>29260866
I think it's dumb too, but it sort of works out because if any gen is in need of an aesthetic update to match the later gens it's 1

I love the idea of familiar Pokemon adapting to a new region similar to actual real living things, but they left it utterly unexplored and just opted to do the tried and true epic Jap thing of "it's wwwwacky!!!!"
>>
>>29260866

B-b-b-b-but

K a n t o
a
n
t
o
>>
>>29260672
yeah it sucks that they're to lazy to even make alohola forms for all the genwunner mons their reusing
>>
>>29260672
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ALOLAN EKANS. SANDSHREW GOT AJ AOLOAN FORM WHY DOESN'T HIS VERSION EXCLUSIVE COUNTERPART GET ONE FUCK YOU SANDSHREW MAMMALS ARE SHIT

AND WHERE'S ALOLAN DODUO?

I guess we can hope that some alolan forms are national dex only, so we haven't seen them all yet
>>
>>29260903
>alolan forms
>in sinnoh
Nice try, am looking forward to sinnoh forms of gen 5 mons however
>>
>>29260988
unfortunately all of the national dex sprites were in the demo too and there were no hidden alolan forms. we're only getting 18
>>
>>29260988
But what would even be the point of giving a Pokemon an Alola Form if said form isn't native to Alola. That's contradictory logic.
>>
>>29260988
>alolan forms
>national dex only
>>
>>29260672
There is no pleasing this board.

>wahh too many reskins
>wahhhh not enough reskins

>>29260866
Gen 8: Regional forms for Johto mon.
Gen 9: same for Hoenn
10: Sinnoh
11: Unova
12: Kalos
Complete series reboot.
>>
>>29260866
I also wish more of them were biological adaptations in the style of isolated isle ecosystems. Instead half of them turned into DUDE HAWAII LOL and the contrarian faggots here will tell you to get a sense of humour of you dislike them.

No shit a dugtrio with a wig is silly, but as a form that is supposed to be different stats and typings almost like whole new pokemon? I don't like it.
>>
>>29260962
They gave Alolan Rattatta a decent lore, at least.
>>
>>29260922
Yeah, they also killed it to a point where Pokemon is now blatently ripping off Yokai Watch to get back in with their original roots
Thanks, thanks a lot.
>>
>>29261067
DiaPer kept a lot of it's new stiff for post game.
>>
Wait...what if there are Alola forms that evolve from Pokémon not in the regional dex?
>>
>>29261035
I thought we only got regional dex

>>29261067
>>29261087
There was also no point in them keeping so many johto mons for the national dex only in HGSS. I don't expect them to make sense
>>
>>29261100
>This board is one person and not a group of people who each want different things
>>
>>29261067
Also it would be native to alola, but in a post-game area. I know there won't be a post game island, but there at least has to be a few routes, a cave, maybe swarm pokemon.
>>
>>29261208
>I don't know what a majority/most vocal opinion is
>>
That is true, GF's never been the smartest set of people, they rush have their games, or feel like they do. And that's true and a big point in general, THIRD of these generations, or near half maybe, have had some of the new pokemon saved until postgame for whatever reason. We should not gleam that this is just it just cause whoever said it, youtubers whatever so on, said it was.

Heck some of the leaks said 10 ultra beasts and 49 alolan formes. IDK about you guys but are there 10 ultra beasts OR 49 alolan formes? Nope? Thought so!
>>
>>29260866
It's the 20th anniversary of the first games, retard
>>
>>29260672
Honestly, I think I'd have just preferred if they had used these design concepts for new Pokemon rather than remixing old ones. As much as I like Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Raichu you can tell that for a lot of these they were really limited design-wise by having to connect it to the original Pokemon, especially with old Garfielf there. A lot of these could have been their own thing.
>>
>>29261100
Oh just like our Johto megas right?
>>
>>29260672
They just seen like a waste. Like I'm not even angry just severely confused. I would have rather had megas.
>>
>>29261035
Not true
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.