[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are more Kanto pokemon in Alola than new Gen 7 pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 1422825965514.png (309KB, 1097x835px) Image search: [Google]
1422825965514.png
309KB, 1097x835px
>There are more Kanto pokemon in Alola than new Gen 7 pokemon in total
>/vp/ will defend this
>>
"Q-Quality over quantity".
>>
>>29258180
>there's a lot of Kanto pokemon because of how close it is to Kanto
>Johto gets fucking nothing, when it's literally the same place
>>
File: gettin crunk.png (28KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
gettin crunk.png
28KB, 308x308px
i wont defend it but i still like the alolan formes
>>
>>29258340
what are you talking about? Johto was filled with kanto pokemon. Even some gen2 pokemon in G/S/C were kanto exclusive because Johto was infested with kantomons
>>
>>29258180
>Quality over quantity
:^)
>>
>>29258451
He means there are very few johto pokemon in alola. Despite johto being the same place as kanto and shit.
>>
File: Fugthis.gif (499KB, 240x159px) Image search: [Google]
Fugthis.gif
499KB, 240x159px
>>29258451
Mfw when GF will keep cucking generations after Gen 5 with Kanto shits.
>>
>>29259033
What really sucks is that nobody but probably parts of /vp/ will give a shit. People just don't care because most of them are genwunners.
>>
>>29258340
Theres a girl on the Marina that says Alola is much further away from all the regions, than any other region.

Stop making things up.
>>
>>29258180
>/vp/ will defend this
I think this generation is pretty indefensible. more than half the new pokemon are kanto recolors, ultra beasts/legendaries, and garbage mons that don't evolve like the koala. There are only 6 3 stage evo pokemon and one of them is literally just a real toucan. seems even worse than the last one
>>
>>29258180
I won't defends this. Fuck GF for their Kanto pandering.
>>
>>29259033
I wouldn't mind this subspecies kind of thing if they switched it up. Like Gen 8 has Gen 2 forms, Gen 9 has Gen 3 forms, atc.
>>
i-it'll be good still bros! just wait until the game comes out, i'm sure gamefreak-sama has something in store for us!
>>
>>29258180
I can't.
This is XY 2.0.
I was pretty hyped before, but I'm not buying these games on release for sure. Might not buy them at all depending on how much they suck.
>>
File: wailord.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wailord.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
>>29258180
I'll give (you) a badge for trying
>>
>>29259387
Pokemon fans can be really fucking sad to watch sometimes.
>>
>>29258180
>/vp/ will defend this
Except they won't. I haven't seen a single anon defend this shitty Gen 1 pandering so far, and I hope I never will.
>>
>>29259282
>half of that is the starters
>one is the predictable pseudo
So really, just 2.
>>
>>29259387
After years of people crying about the games being too similar, Gamefreak changes up quite a bit and now it's ruined because "muh less than 100 new mons". Truly the most autistic of communities, do you retards even play the games? Is the difference between 80 and 100 Pokemon really that big a deal?
>>
>>29258180
It's a shitty thing they did. Won't stop me from enjoying the new Pokemon and even some Alolan forms though.
>>
>>29259372
Or you know, they just gave a mix of all gens instead of doing one at a time. Also, dont do shit like make it grey, give it hair, or make its head a ball.
>>
>>29259515
Wait, I missed the regional bug line, although that definitely qualifies as "totally expected".

The main problem here is that there's way too many single-stage mons. Kalos had an awful number of new Pokemon too, but at least most of them had one evolution.
>>
>>29259545
Yes, because even 100 is a rather low amount.
>>
This is probably the single generation I felt completely pandered to my own tastes, with it's mix of cool and weird, old and new, and generally surprising and amusing.

Although I realize I'm probably in the minority in that regard.
The fascination most people have with 3-stage lines never really stuck with me, with most of my traditional favorites being standalone mons.

Although I feel bad not everyone got what they wanted, this is the most excited I've been for a Pokemon generation in a very long time.
>>
>>29259692
Yeah, that's best. I really wanted hula dancing Ludicolo and Alola Alomamola,
>>
>>29258180
You're just like those Gundam fags complaining about there being too many stuff set in the UC. No shit, the first setting and the one that set the brand going got the most attention. You're stupid for making a big deal out of it.
>>
>>29259545
>Is having more monsters in a monster catching game that big of a deal?

why, yes it is.
>>
>>29259545

>People complain about things being more of the same.

>"Okay, here are the 100 and something mons you've already played with all over again! Also, they are mostly from gen 1, the one that we keep releasing over and over"

>People are defending this.
>>
>>29259545
I can excuse them for having a low amount of new Pokemon because of the huge shift in graphics, since the modelers and designers would have been busy on those as well. However, I wish that they had prioritized new Pokemon over Alolan forms. If they knew that they wouldn't have as much time to make new Pokemon, then they should have just scrapped subspecies altogether.

I don't know why they keep pandering Gen I, though. Genwunners don't like any sort of change. They want RBY or else they want someone to be executed. On top of that, Greninja shows that newer Pokemon have the potential to be as popular and recognizable as the old ones if they're given enough love and special treatment. Why doesn't GameFreak realize this?
>>
>>29259033

>the feature in B/W is that you clear the entire game with 150 entirely NEW pokemon
>everyone loves it
> B/W2 bring back old generations, but balanced enough giving us good mixture of all the gens
>gee I wonder what the next ge-
>NOPE JUST KIDDING, HERE HAVE X/Y AND SUN/MOON KANTOFEST. ENJOY YOUR ZUBATS AND RATTATAS AGAIN.
>>
File: 1460803141878.jpg (68KB, 482x322px) Image search: [Google]
1460803141878.jpg
68KB, 482x322px
>It's another a imaginary gen 1 boogeyman thread
>>
File: 1476833237614s.jpg (12KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1476833237614s.jpg
12KB, 250x243px
talking shit about isis golem
halal yourself
>>
>>29261932
>implying GameFreak isn't genuinely shoving it down our throats
Please point me to the Alolan form that isn't from Gen I. I'll wait, so don't worry.
>>
>>29260633
This.
>>
>>29261932
Would you honestly rather take the non-stop hoenbabby dickriding last gen
>>
>>29261932
>more than half of the kanto mons (almost 90) are featured on the alola dex
>rest of the regions get 20-30
>every single alolan variation is from kanto
>it's because of the anniversary you guys
>even thouh xy heavily pandered to it as well

>it's all imaginary, though
>>
Best gen

most important gen

most beloved gen

most respected gen

most popular gen

like gee I wonder why they would focus more on it than the rest

it's not a secret, it's not a coincidence, it is fucking deliberate and it makes perfect sense

not all gens are created equal and some gens are better than others

Gen 1 is the king
>>
>>29262338
>Best gen
That would be Gen V.
>most important gen
That would be Gen IV because of the Physical/Special split.
>most beloved gen
Yes, that's true, but it's beloved mainly by people who don't play the games anymore.
>most respected gen
I don't get what sort of respect you're referring to. It's a game, not a guy. Besides that, it was executed terribly and was filled with loads of bugs. There's not much to respect outside of the ambitious idea.
>most popular gen
For some reason I've always got the sense that the most popular generation was Gen II or Gen III.
>>
>>29262338
You need to go back.
>>
>>29262630
Ok enjoy your denial

feel free to continue acting confused and frustrated whenever Gen 1 takes the gold once again as if you didn't know why it gets all the love, it always happens so maybe it's time to take a clue and accept it's the best
>>
>>29262788
Go back.
>>
>>29262788
>enjoy your denial
If acceptance means I'll have have a few extra chromosomes like you, then I'll pass.
>>
>>29262788
Shouldn't you be busy gushing over Pokemon Go and walking around getting hit by cars?
>>
>>29262788
They're too butthurt about it.
>>
>>29261978
I honestly see him more as a mountaineer than a suicide bomber

plus the railgun on his back makes suicide bombing a completely unneeded tactic unless he's going to get KO'd anyway
>>
>>29258180
Gen 1 s the shittiest gen and both Gamefreak and everyone who things otherwise are in serious denial

I'm tired of these generic fucking pokemon being forced into the spotlight to cater exclusively to nostalgiafags
>>
>>29258180
Defending and not getting worked up over stupid shit aren't the same things. So there's gen one pandering, so there's not an overabundance of new pokemon, you're gonna buy it anyway.
>>
>>29263357
>you're gonna buy it anyway
I WAS going to buy it. Now I will play it, but I won't buy it.
>>
>>29258180
Can someone post the pic with the pokemon available in the new games please
>>
>>29263258
>Blandest region
>Blandest Pokémon designs that don't age well
>shitload of nostalgia as the only redeeming feature
Totally agree that it's the worst gen. I loved them when I was a wee lad of 6 years old but the subsequent games are just better by miles.
>>
>>29263428
Same here, my dude. Pirating makes us so cool. Pewdiepie brofist xD
>>
>>29263168
his ability literally boost 30 percent of his attacks when suicidng
>>
>>29263258
That's Gen 2 though, as far as new Pokemon are concerned.
A few cools ones, but most of them were rejects from the first game.
>>
>>29263733
gen 2 is a good example of a great region because while most of the new pokemon it introduced suck and continue to suck to this day, it picked up the slack in other areas with a big overworld filled with cool things, still on the shallow side by modern standards but a massive upgrade to gen 1 in every possible way, it was nonlinear to an extent and had a decent challenge curve and plenty of pokemon variety. Iwata made that game great, RIP. Without him Nintendo in general is relying almost exclusively on nostalgiafagging for the worst
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.