[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh GOD that framerate drop during the Totem battle! I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1457983617023.jpg (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457983617023.jpg
182KB, 500x500px
Oh GOD that framerate drop during the Totem battle!
I don't need a high FPS or anything but that was unacceptable!
Is processing 3 pokemon at a time really that much for my 3DS?
>>
>>29251392
I keep reading this... but it's not that bad, is it? The game is totally playable.

Maybe it is because I have been a poorfag all my life.
>>
>>29251392
>Is processing 3 pokemon at a time really that much for my 3DS?
Have you seen the pokemon models?
They're a textbook case of "Too Many Fucking Polygons."
>>
>>29251392
Maybe?
There are so many conflicting reports that range from "slight frame drop" to "holy shit my 3DS is basically dead"
>>
>>29251392
I didn't see a problem with it, the only thing I noticed was during the picture mini games, that got really bad
>>
>he never played doubles or triples in X/Y

kek.
Single digits.
>>
>>29251617
>"playable" being the standard for a triple A game in 2016.
GF wanted to see if they could future proof their games so much and avoid work for the next 20 years that they didn't even question if they should. And it's not like the 3DS can't take it, it's them not giving a fuck.
>>
>>29251392
No drop there for me. The picture minigame thing lags like a nightmare but we knew that from the trailers anyway. There's also a split-second drop during Greninja's transformation into Ash-Greninja, probably when the actual model swap happens.
>>
>>29251685
But man you need all that detail for the 3DSs glorious 240p screen!
>>
>Totem fight begins
>Game plays fine
>Beat up the Totem
>Calls for help
>Rockruff orbital drops on the scene
>FRAMERATE DROPS CONSIDERABLY
>Finish off Totem while Rockruff still stands, Framerate returns to normal

It's either the shader they used on the Totem, or the demo (hopefully not the real game) couldn't handle so much at once.
>>
>>29251830
Because people exaggerate. Played it on a 2DS. The totem's aura causes it tp become like a Hoarde battle, or a 3D battle. Not completely unplayable, but also disappointing
>>
>>29251617
Got the demo to check, and I wouldn't say it's worse than Gen 6, but yes it is bad whenever the Totem appears on-screen due to the aura effect + multiple Pokemon models equaling lag.

Other than that and Poke Finder it's fine, though. Also I've heard N3DS doesn't have this issue.
>>
Playing on N3DS XL and framerate drops considerably during totem battle/more than like 4 models on screen at once. Worst gen so far. GG GF
>>
I'm not surprised they removed Triples and Rotations. Game can barely handle 3 Pokemon. 6 would have horrible framerate.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.