[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else /notmad/ here? the pokemon we got were pretty cool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

File: 1472369775962.jpg (2MB, 3000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1472369775962.jpg
2MB, 3000x2500px
who else /notmad/ here?

the pokemon we got were pretty cool and the evolutions were already pretty much confirmed.
>>
>>29249214
I certainly don't mind the Pokemon with the exception of Alola forms existing.

That said it's not the Pokemon I'm worried about. This game has a very good chance of being shit for reasons unrelated to the dex
>>
i'm not either, i like a lot everything that we got. Maybe i'm just a bit disappointed by the quantity (although it's about 100 if you add ubs and alolan forms), and the only pokemon that i really don't like is Persian. So far so good, still super hyped for the full game
>>
My only complaints are pretty minor. Still hyped for the game. I really do hope the story is compelling and there is something to do in post game.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm a 10 for hype and 8 for satisfaction with the pokedex. My outlook is still completely positive.
>>
I like all of it
>>
Pretty happy. Not mad, and not extremely hyped, so I'm in for an alright time.
>>
>>29249449
I like all of you
>>
File: 1476306578024.jpg (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476306578024.jpg
38KB, 250x250px
>>29249214
I like the sea creature mons that got revealed. The only thing that was disappointing was Alolan Persian, but Alolan Dugtrio made up for it so whatevs
>>
I was pretty dissappointed because there were no fossilmons.
>>
File: glaceon.jpg (107KB, 663x731px) Image search: [Google]
glaceon.jpg
107KB, 663x731px
I'm pretty happy with it. Can't wait for November.
>>
This game looks like it'll be real comfy. The only thing I'm really hoping for is a good post game. Not necessarily BF or anything just something to do after the main story. Like mini games or something.
>>
>Normal/Ghost Komala evolution that has drifted into a deeper sleep but learned to use astral projection
>Flying/Steel woodpecker final form for Pikipek
>The toucan is a separate species and either Flying/Electric or Flying/Fairy
>Alternate versions of Mimikyu with disguises modeled after other popular Pokemon
>Minior evolution
>A handful more Alola forms, ideally Venonat/Venomoth, Doduo/Dodrio, Jynx

Those things would've made it perfect but otherwise I'm satisfied
>>
>>29249618
this tbqh. it looks like a game i can immerse myself in and play for hours on end. also the post game part, im hoping for something like gen 6 postgame stories, where you get to adventure all over the game again.
>>
>>29249214
I'm less mad and more just kind of disappointed, mostly with the kanto shilling. It's passed the point of too much long ago and i'm just tired of it.

>>29249618
>Like mini games or something.

This. Battle facilities end up feeling pretty samey due to the fact you'll end up using some broken set to cheat through it. Even if they had a tiny game corner or something with 3 minigames i'd be fine with it. It's not gambling if a reward isn't promised/a reward is guaranteed
>>
The only thing I can possibly want now is a Minior evolution but other than that I'm pretty happy with this gen. It's the most hype I've felt for a pokemon game in over a decade
>>
>>29249663
This pretty much.

Would have liked a Water Alolan Arcanine and a Ghost/Fairy Parasect.
>>
very happy with robinhoot and the rest of the leaked mons
>>
>>29249618
I'm hoping the festival thing has a lot to do
>>
>>29249663
gotta agree on this one too.
>>
>>29249214
I'm disappointed by how few unrevealed mons there were. I like most of what had been shown so far and I was hoping for another ~60 or so. I'm not a fan of the alola forms and the fact that there are so few of them/genwun only makes it worse.

Plus no fossils
>>
I'm content with all of it. There are some Pokemon I don't like, but there are always Pokemon I don't like. I'm glad we only got images, and not anything else. Gives me something to discover when actually playing the game. It also gets me hyped to learn types, names, abilities, etc. in trailers.
>>
/notmad/ here

I'm actually more worried for the un-announced pokemon than anything. Say, really no new fossils?
>>
Would have liked for double the original pokemon, but I'm not upset about it.
Would have liked lolo-forms for other gen pokemon, but I'm not upset about it.

Mega's seem to be getting downplayed and possibly nerfed ( Kangaskhan ).
Trainer customization is back.
I love the idea of regional forms.
While there isn't a ton of new pokemon, I like more of them then last gen.

I'm pretty hopeful.
>>
File: 537.png (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
537.png
13KB, 256x256px
I'm just glad my nigga is gonna be in 3 consecutive gens.
>>
>>29249214
I don't have many major complaints. I'm disappointed that there apparently very few Pokemon being added but that's not too big of a deal. And I think Alolan Persian looks stupid, but that's also not a serious disappointment to me.

What I'm really upset about, though, is Litten's evolution. I think it looks hideous, and it's made even worse because I was planning to use Litten as my starter since I loved its first two stages, but now I won't because I hate the final evo so much.

But on the bright side, I think the other two final starter evolutions look decent, especially Rowlet's, and so I think I'll just switch to Rowlet now. So overall I'm not too mad.
>>
>>29249214
I was actually just about to make a thread about this, but might as well do it here.

WHY do people want more Pokémon? We already have SO MANY and if we get more than we are already getting, we will hit 1k Pokémon before gen 10. That would be absurd.

I think they made a good decision with Wishiwashi, Lycanroc, and Alolan forms. It adds more variety without bloating the number of Pokémon needlessly. The only real negative is that it's SLIGHTLY harder to sort them in a living dex collection, but even that is absurdly minor.
>>
I'm pretty happy with how Gen 7 is turning out! It's a shame about the new pokemon count, but I think expecting 100+ new ones every gen is a little unrealistic. We've almost got a thousand of the damn things; at a certain point ideas start to run thin, and giving some of the less-used pokemon some love is a good idea.

I'm not the biggest fan of some of these Alola Forms though; Dugtrio is memeworthy but not my bag of chips, and Persian is just....troubling to look at. I'm mostly happy that GF is trying new things to give old pokemon another chance, though. I think it's a step in the right direction that they're willing to go back and make some substantial tweaks to some of the more unfortunate older mons.

Also Luchalitten is the greatest goddamn thing and we are going to smash so many fools with chairs, holy shit.
>>
I like pretty much all of it, especially the sealife based pokemon and that ghost(?) anchor thingamabob, the ultra beasts are cool and since they have shiny sprites it seems like they might be catcheable, I like the bamboo one, reminds me of the kaguya storyline in Okami.
>>
>>29250808
Personally, I like having lots of new Pokemon because it gives a lot of variety, and it's interesting to see all the new ideas and designs. However, like you said, we already have tons of Pokemon, so we are getting to the point where it would be unreasonable to add a buttload of new Pokemon each gen. That's why despite being a little disappointed at the small number of new Pokemon, I'm not mad about it because adding fewer Pokemon was a logical choice to make considering we already have over 700 from the last six generations.
>>
I honestly like Alolan Persian a lot, mainly because I like dopey and silly looking Pokemon in general, like Stunfisk and the Vanill chain
>>
>>29251366
I would've liked a sly persian, but this one is cool to, no regrets.
>>
>>29252120
I don't like how it looks, but the concept of a STAB Technician-boosted Bite makes me want to use one.
>>
>>29252169
Bite AND Fury Swipes.
>>
>>29252169
>>29253310
I'd like to see Alola Persian get Beat Up, maybe STAB and Technician could actually make it a viable move.
>>
File: archeops.gif (61KB, 144x127px) Image search: [Google]
archeops.gif
61KB, 144x127px
>>29250623
Acrobatics is back
>>
File: 1476815957812.jpg (8KB, 218x243px) Image search: [Google]
1476815957812.jpg
8KB, 218x243px
>>29249214
This qt is all I need, anyways.
>>
Finally, a thread here that isn't bitching and crying about pointless shit. Personally, I am still liking a lot of what I'm seeing so far. S/M feels more polished to me, at least from what I've played from the demo.
>>
In contrast to Gen6, I am actually excited to use a full team of Gen 7 Pokemon. In X I had a Charizard and Gardevoir on there, because of how lacking the rest of the dex was.
>>
Everyone complained about the battles going slow, but you could fast forward text and the menu animations felt pretty smooth. I'm looking forward playing this shit already.
>>
Does this game seem good enough to buy both editions?
>>
Best thread in weeks
I've been happy from the get-go, haven't been disappointed or mad once. I hate /vp/ in the months prior to release.
>>
>>29254958
It's actually really weird.
When the leak was trickling in people were ecstatic with what they saw.
Then it all went to shit a few hours later.
>>
>>29255475
This is always something you have to decide for yourself anon. If you are a collector you're probably gonna get both anyway, but exclusives don't matter and in the end it's the same shit. Save some money!
>>
File: This some shit.png (11KB, 141x189px) Image search: [Google]
This some shit.png
11KB, 141x189px
It's not the dex I'm worried about to be frank. I like the dex, I think it's very interesting for what we have. No, I'm worried if there's not gonna be something outside of Alola or if Alola won't have a good and long postgame. I would LOVE for Marshadow to suddenly grow to 14 feet tall and become ultra satan, but I'm not counting on it.
>>
File: 1473858351970.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1473858351970.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>29255634
>Marshadow 50% stage
>Last forme in the next game
>>
I'm optimistic. it's pokemon, i think it'll be fun and rewarding in some way.
>>
>>29249214
I'm mainly disappointed with the Alolan forms. It was a great concept: old classic Pokemon that don't get a lot of love are being reinvigorated with something new that doesn't complete replace or make them irrelevant. Then they only picked out maybe a dozen family lines to give them to. And the actual changes to typing seemed arbitrary and random, which gives me the impression they were added just to fill out the dex because they couldn't think of anything actually new for those types (looking at you, Ice and Dark types). The designs are hit or miss and up to taste, but I won't deny some of the choices were questionable, and also the fact that ALL of them are gen I is kind of a kick in the balls. Alolan forms had so much potential that it feels like it fell short of the mark.
>>
>>29255634
I'm 100% certain they're going to be patching the mythicals in.
They left in mini marshadow because he's getting revealed right after the game release.
>>
File: 1472171108255.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1472171108255.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>>29255731
>some of the choices were questionable
like putting fucking wigs on a pokemon instead of giving an alola form to pokemon that needed it badly
>>
>>29255687
That's what I'm worried most about than it simply fading into obscurity.

>>29255752
I'm not sure if that's happened before in GameFreak, but given Pokken has DLC patches, it could be in the cards.
>>
>Mfw a wild thread not full of shit appeared

I love you guys, this is gonna be a good gen.
The riding things looks amazing, I can't wait to see what we can ride.
And the dex is pretty good, it didn't look that good since gen3.
>>
>>29255487
/vp/ between slightly before X/Y until ORAS was the best. Just hype times, trades, Wondertrade exchanges... very little salt. No Battle Frontier was the beginning of a lot of that.
>>
>>29255988
I think the missing Battle Frontier polarized this board so hard that everyone doesn't want to admit they were hurt real bad. It's pretty depressing.
>>
>>29249214
i'm just disappointed in gamefreak letting everything get datamined from a single demo. they shouldn't have released a demo.
>>
>>29256216
I have no idea how.
Everything was scrubbed, except for these picutres.
>>
>>29255634
I had Ruby back in the day and skipped Emerald because money, so I never got to experience the holy grail of "postgame" content. Is there a reason that the inclusion of online battling hasn't replaced the various battle facilities? XY's postgame for me was breeding mons and fighting people online, which I rather enjoyed.

I guess what I'm asking is: What do people actually want when they say they want lots of postgame? Because I find a return to a previous region a la GSC/HHSS very unlikely in full 3D.
>>
>>29249214
I'm not mad at the games surely, I am mad at /vp/ though, I'm free to dislike whatever designs I want, just because you think it's goofy and brilliant and I respect your opinions you don't have to say I'm wrong for disliking it.
>>
>>29255988
The Vivillion discovery threads were pretty fun with everyone trying to compile the different wing patterns, and is probably my single best memory of this place.
>>
File: 1299711790201.png (64KB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
1299711790201.png
64KB, 450x340px
>>29249214
I'm not mad. Sure there are less over all pokemon, but almost every single one has a unique ability or signature move to make it distinct. Pokemon have more flavor now, with their extended bios that aren't just two throw away lines about how it can swim faster than an indian elephant or whatever.

I don't like all of them, sure, but I like this direction with a few intensely designed Pokemon and more focus on story and lore. There's already 500 filler shitmon no one likes and are totally forgetable for the people who just enjoy collecting.
>>
File: 1340256135732.gif (303KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1340256135732.gif
303KB, 480x360px
>>29249214
I'm pretty stoked.
>>
>>29256262
It'd be pretty simple really considering what team preview was like in previous games.
If the staff in charge of scrubbing weren't aware of that particular change, it'd make for an easy oversight, especially considering we don't have the typical mini-sprites it used either.
>>
>>29249618
I wish they'd do something like the Pokeathalon again. That was legit comfy and brouht back a lot of my Pokemon Stadium nostalgia. And now that you can ride/fly on different Pokemon being able to do something like races/hurdle jumps, or like some of the poke'park minigames since they seem to be killing that franchise.
>>
>>29254958
Yes, it seems that after the demo, the quality of posts in on this board somehow got worse
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.