[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Guaranteed to land critical hits >Likely offensively powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

File: robingroot.png (490KB, 535x380px) Image search: [Google]
robingroot.png
490KB, 535x380px
>Guaranteed to land critical hits
>Likely offensively powerful
>Likely faster than the majority of pokemon
>Ability is likely Sniper

Are you ready to witness the first Uber tier grass starter?
>>
Wasting a turn for a critical hit is pointless lol.
>>
>>29238970
t. loser about to get BTFO.
>>
File: 250px-663Talonflame.png (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-663Talonflame.png
33KB, 250x250px
>>29238946
Bitch please
>>
>>29238970
Wasting a turn? If it has high critical rate moves it has a 100% chance to crit by just holding a focus lens.
>>
>he thinks Laser Focus is a good move
>he thinks sniper is a good ability
/vp/ is so bad that it's cute
>>
>>29238946
>grass/flying
lol enjoy stealth rock you overdesigned shit
>>
I mean I like the grass starter and all and I am going to use him first playthrough, but c'mon anon be realitsic...
>>
>>29238946
Pretty sure Grass, Rock and Ice Types aren't allowed to be in Uber
>>
>>29239011
He's referring to the likely signature move, Laser Focus, which once used garauntees your next move is a crit.

>>29238992
Except it IS pointless, idiot. In that turn you wasted powering up, you could've just attacked a second time, which would deal more damage (2xattack vs 1.5xattack), AND you'd have an extra moveslot available.
>>
So what are the signature moves for the starters?
>>
>>29239229
We don't know 100% without a doubt, but its seemingly

Rowlet gets Laser Focus, which promises a crit for your next move
Litten gets Throat Chop, which prevents the foe from using sound based moves for 2 turns
and Popplio gets Aurora Veil, which is both Light Screen and Reflect in one.

We can see who got the better end of the deal here..
>>
>>29239280
Seems pretty clear that Poppmaid will get no useful status move aside from that and defensively poor stats as a tradeoff, so Poppmaid got the bad end of the deal.
>>
>>29239106
Too bad it will die to a fucking icebeam before it gets the chance to use the 2nd move.
>>
>>29239364
>implying anything with ice beam except for maybe Greninja will be able to hit it with Ice Beam before Robingroot OHKOs it
>>
>>29239346
Ehm, no? Poppmaid got the best deal out of the three.
>>
>>29238946
Why does it have guaranteed crit chance? Did I miss something
>>
>>29239346
>Seems pretty clear that Poppmaid will get no useful status moves

???

Even if that was true, which I dont know where you're getting that from, how does that make that move bad?

>>29239364
Even if it COULD tank an ice beam, that move would still be fucking useless. It actually does less damage using the move, except in rare situations against defense boosting pokemon.
>>
>>29239280
Great so grass gets shafted for two gens in a row. They better give it a good movepool and stats to make up for a shitty signature move.
>>
Eh, if its HA is Sniper, then it might see some niche use. If you're against someone wIth boosted defences, or you can predict a switch, then it could be useful. I don't expect it to matter too much though.
>>
>>29239491
The point is that Aurora Veil will be the only viable status move that Poppmaid can use, which makes it shit as a support pokemon.
>>
>>29239419
Laser Focus.
>>
>>29238970
>what is breaking through Calm Mind and other Defense boosts
>>
>>29239621
Unlikely. It's almost automatically going to get Scald.

Aurora Veil with Light Clay, Scald, Moonblast, and if this things lucky enough to get Recover, and you have a decent 'mon right there.
>>
>>29239621
>implying they won't give it Recover just for the lol's
>>
>>29239648
>Being able to setup on a Calm Mind boosted pokemon with a frail pokemon
>>
>>29239648
>what is haze
>>
>>29239686
Moonlight isn't great, but I could possibly see it getting that more than Recover.
>>
>>29238946
Do We already know about starters signature moves?
>>
>>29238970
It might have be worth a guaranteed crit of they hasn't been needed. As is it feels significantly worse than a normal boosting move.
>>
Where the hell are these signature moves coming from? Do you guys have any source?
>>
His signature is dogshit in every competitive format.

Not looking good for Robinhoot unless his ability is his salvation (hint, sniper will not save him).
>>
File: 1416877310013.jpg (132KB, 526x397px) Image search: [Google]
1416877310013.jpg
132KB, 526x397px
>>29238946
I haven't played Pokemon since Gold/Silver but I've kept an eye on it, design-wise this is the coolest grass type starter-evolution, ever. The bowstring being his hoodie's drawstring is amazing.
>>
>>29239801
It is. If it was something like Tail Glow critical edition it would have been better instead of Mind Reader critical edition.
>>
>>29239280
>Aurora Veil
How long does it last?
>>
>>29239878
5 turns
>>
>>29239777
We have data on three new moves that seem to befit each starter, so it's a fair assumption to think that it's their signature moves
>>29239280
>>
>>29239851
You do realize that beyond signature moves we know nothing of the starters. So Arrowl has a chance to be good just don't run his move.
>>
>>29239824
From the demo datamining
>>
m-maybe it gets two new moves like greninja
r-right?
>>
>>29239024
You know Grass isnt weak to Rock right?
>>
>>29239870
>tumblrfag has shit taste

what a surprise
>>
>>29239875
Honestly misbehave preferred some sort of coil twist, like a swords dance + accuracy boost like coil was a bulk up. It'd till have the flavor and be a lot better. But oh well.
>>
>>29239933
Two moves what?
>>
>>29239960
Yeah +2 Sp Attack +Crit would have been perfect.
>>
>>29239933
>Two moves

Maybe im a silly sausage, but what the fuck else did Greninja get outside of Water Shuriken?
>>
>>29238946
>Swinub used ice shard!
inb4 "hurr hurr 4x weakness meme"
Grass/flying is the Worst typing combo after ice/rock, and rowlet3 won't get anything near shaymin sky BST to compensate.
>>
>>29240020
Mat Block
>>
>>29239280
The throat chop seems kinda neat, this will block a shit tons of boost and debuff moves.
Granted popmaid get an absurdly OP ability tho.
>>
>>29240038
>Swinub used ice shard!

I agree that Grass/Flying is a shit garbage typing, but that's an equally shit garbage way to present your argument.
>>
>>29239990
*ATK* fixed that for you but for some reason I see Arrowl as a mix attacker.
>>
>>29240020
Mat Block
>>
>>29240038
Are we even sure it's grass flying?
I've seen people say it might be grass steel, which comes with way more resists even if it does gain a much more common weakness
>>
So in terms of offensive ability, will it probably be Robin Hoot -> Physical, Poppomaid -> Special, Luchakitten -> Mixed ?
>>
>>29240047
>>29240087
Oh. Fuck. I didn't realize it was exclusive to Greninja. Guess it makes sense though.

>>29240093
Technically we are not sure, no. People saying it's Grass/Steel are speaking out of their ass though, we don't know their typings, and there's yet to be anything to indicate Steel.
>>
>>29240093
>>29240136
How can you even infer steel from that design?
>>
>>29240121
I think
Arrowl mixed
Beltigre physical
Entermaid special
>>
>>29239894
That's insane, especially if it gets a good typing.
>>
There has to be something more to Luchakitten and Arrowl's moves because holy shit that Aurora Veil is OP.
>>
>>29240156
I think it's people just hoping for it, and instead of saying that, they just lie about it. Ya know, usual /vp/.

The ONLY thing I could think of is if the arrows were reinforced by Steel or some shit.. but that's such an insane stretch that it's not really plausible, especially given that they specifically talk about the darks and shit being feather-leaves.
>>
>>29240156
Hell if I know, I just want robinhoot to be good.
>>
>>29240294
Well Beltigre stops you from using certain moves which is alright. But grass got shafted for two gens signature move wise
>>
>>29240431
How many sound based moves are there? Throat Chop sounds like an interesting niche.
>>
>>29238946
>weavile used ice shard!
>robinroot fainted!
>>
>>29240709

If its Fire/Dark, then Hyper Voice and thats it. Others are extremely niche in competitive
>>
>>29239727
Also "wasting" a turn. Nice defense.
>>
>>29240038
>worst type combo after Ice/Rock
Errr, how do you figure that, buddy?
>>
>>29240709
It seems kinda sucky if you ask me. Might be more useful in doubles if you can get past Follow Me/Rage Powder. Also I guess you could use it if you really want to stop Roar on the few things that run it.
>>
>>29239576
>Chesnaught
>shafted
Nigga Bulletproof is fucking great, it's UU and perfectly usable in OU too. You want shafted look at fucking Delphox
>>
Sound moves
Move Type Cat.
Boomburst Normal Special
Bug Buzz Bug Special
Chatter Flying Special
Confide Normal Status
Disarming Voice Fairy Special
Echoed Voice Normal Special
Grass Whistle Grass Status
Growl Normal Status
Heal Bell Normal Status
Hyper Voice Normal Special
Metal Sound Steel Status
Noble Roar Normal Status
Parting Shot Dark Status
Perish Song Normal Status
Relic Song Normal Special
Roar Normal Status
Round Normal Special
Screech Normal Status
Shadow Panic* Shadow Status
Sing Normal Status
Snarl Dark Special
Snore Normal Special
Supersonic Normal Status
Uproar Normal Special
Plus whatever they add this gen.
>>
>>29241022
>UU
In other words, shafted hard.

Not to mention that Chesnaught no longer has a niche in OU now that a superior Bulletproof user in the form of Kommo-o exists.
>>
>>29241022
I was talking about his signature move. It's shit. Just like Arrowl's.
>>
>>29241218
>protect but better to regen off leech seed and stall
What about it? It's usable. Arrowl isn't going to find a niche to use Laser Focus, because trying to hit through calm minds/bulk ups with it just means it's going to get killed while setting up, and it won't even work against Mega Slowbro, the biggest user of defensive boosts.

>>29241213
>Top 100-150 or so used Pokemon in a game of about 400+ full evolved Pokemon
>shafted
Not everything has to be Greninja tier, you know
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.