[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished the demo. Are all the trials going to be that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 7

File: 1357756338383.jpg (67KB, 606x580px) Image search: [Google]
1357756338383.jpg
67KB, 606x580px
Just finished the demo.
Are all the trials going to be that fucking garbage?
>>
>>29236510
>expecting anything but garbage from Sun/Moon
>>
>>29236510
yes
>>
File: 715.png (22KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
715.png
22KB, 256x256px
>>29236589
DON'T TALK SHIT TO WIMPOD'S EVO!!!!!
>>
>>29236510
Why? What's the trial?
>>
>>29236631
the best thing to come out of s/m
>>
>>29236510
Yes anon, theres also only two pokemon you can use and the pc has been removed
>>
File: 1360448196960.jpg (60KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1360448196960.jpg
60KB, 500x590px
>>29236655
Literally go up to four holes and press A.
>>
I like how the demo automatically puts your Pikachu in front when you fight the skull cunt's Golbat. DUDE USE ELECTRIC TYPES DO YOU GET IT?

Fuck off. And people say they're not casualizing these games.
>>
>>29236749
bait
>>
>>29236767
Not an argument.
>>
>>29236787
its to make you more inclined to use the z move you just got
>>
>>29236705
>Not pressing R
Fucking plebs I swear
>>
File: hard.png (198KB, 353x264px) Image search: [Google]
hard.png
198KB, 353x264px
>>29236749
Don't forget the fact they LITERALLY LABEL which moves are super effective now
>>
>>29236907
>inb4 some retard tries to defend this
YOU CAN'T EVEN TURN IT OFF.
>>
>>29236907
But you should already know everything's type and what is therefore supereffective

This is for new players who can't keep up with all the pokemon, if you're good enough to whine about it you're good enough not to need it
>>
>>29236964
>if you're good enough to whine about it you're good enough not to need it
it's permanent, you can;t turn it off.
>>
>>29236907
Oh woah i supposed i should kill myself then....
>>
>don't even need to catch a Tauros to use the Tauros charge
Biggest fuck you of the demo tbqh.
Completely wastes an opportunity for a decent mechanic that encourages catching a variety of pokemon.
>>
>>29236964
You.

Can't.

Turn.

It.

Off.

I wouldn't give a shit if you could. It's like if there wasn't a set mode.
>>
>>29236510
it was pretty obvious that the demo was made with showing off the new features in mind and not fun or difficulty
>>
>>29236749
It's a fucking demo. They intentionally make it easy.
>>
>>29236999
First off those are to completely separate points, I'm not saying you don't need it on I'm say it does literally nothing

Second theres no settings in the demo so you can't say either way, are you gonna tell me set has been removed too?
>>
>>29236907
How autistic do you have to be to care about this feature? If you already know the type matchups it doesn't affect you.
>>
>>29237038
>>29237068
You still haven't addressed that it's telling you what you already know

What difference does it make except a tiny bit of text?
>>
>>29236950
Who gives a shit? You already know the types in your head you fucking autist, it may as well say that.
>>
>>29236907
Why does it matter to you? Unless you're not old enough to be on here anon, you shouldn't have trouble with type charts.
>>
>>29236907
We've known this for a while. And if you already know what's super-effective and what isn't on a Pokemon you already know the type of, then what's the problem? Are you going to lose it because little Jimmy finds out that he can't use Water-type attacks on your Primal Groudon before he tries it? With over 800 Pokemon, not including forms, each with either one or two of 18 different types (and like hell you're going to instantly identify which Arceus and Silvally you're up against) it's best to show the player which attacks will work and which ones won't, while not showing them what type(s) the opponent has.
>>
>>29236907
this doesn't fucking matter you sperg. This change has absolutely to substance, kind of like you.
>>
>>29237113
Guess what, I learned the types well because I didn't have some retarded game developer holding my hand like I'm some special needs autismo all the time.
>>
>Inb4 keeping track of stat changes is casual too
>>
>>29237038
You also can't turn off the indicator of what type a move is.
>>
>>29237150
You learned them because you played them piecemeal

You expect little jimmy to remember over 800 type combos because you kinda knew 150 with less types at his age
>>
>>29237009
Pokeride Pokemon help anyone of Alola you fucking retard. They aren't part of your team.
>>
Wtf are people talking about what you can and can not turn off

Theres no settings in the demo period
>>
>>29237104
Of course we know the type effectiveness interactions. What I don't know is what type every new pokemon is. Part of the fun of the damn games for me is being surprised when I use one move on a pokemon and being surprised that it's not very effective. And then getting a super effugtive one-shot back and trying to piece it together.
>>
>>29237202
I learned them all up to Gen 6, including the two times the table was overhauled.
Treating kids like retards only makes them retarded.
>>
>>29237216
Like I said, wasted opportunity.

>dude the tauros appears from some blue light right underneath you
Sounds gr8 m8.
>>
>>29237240
But the text doesn't appear until you've already fought that Pokémon/figured out it's weakness
>>
>>29237150
It could get more handholdy. It could always have your professor come in, highlight the move, and tell you it's super effective. Each. Fucking. TIME.
>>
>>29237258
Are you admitting underage or just completely missed the point? But gratz anyway for doing what everyone else here has done too

>>29237240
Yeah gotta savour that moment that happens once per a pokemon for the three pokemon a gen that aren't blatantly obvious

Why after all this whining about pokemon getting easier do people get up in arms about a way to make it accessible without reducing your own challenge?
>>
>>29237338
>kill a new pokemon with your overlevelled bara fur tiger
>suddenly understand all of its weaknesses
How does this make any fucking sense?
You know what does make sense - figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of pokemon as you go along, like a new trainer would.
>>
>>29237385
>Are you admitting underage
>reading comprehension
>>
>>29237385
>without reducing your own challenge?
>>29237038
?
Which one of you faggots is lying? I haven't played the demo yet.
>>
File: 1474906942933.jpg (48KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474906942933.jpg
48KB, 657x527px
>>29236510
>You wan't Pokemon Snap 2?
>Haha, fuck you.
Th-thanks.
>>
>>29237426
I assume as pokemon games came out you got older right? This isn't some Benjamin Button shit?

Theres a big difference between working out gen 1 types at 10 and working out the >400 regional dex now at 10
>>
>>29237454
It doesn't reduce your challenge because you already know them

Anyway we have no settings menu so no one can say if it's optional
>>
is the demo out yet in the game shop?
>>
>>29237584
Wait, how do we already know what type the new Pokemon are? I thought that wasn't in the datamining?

Is Luchalitten ACTUALLY Fire/Dark or Fire/Fighting?
>>
>>29237656
We just don't know.
>>
>>29237284
You also don't need to own a bus in order to ride on one, do you? Forcing players to catch specific Pokemon in order to use service Pokemon from the overworld with the express purpose of phasing out HMs is doing the exact opposite of encouraging them to catch a variety of Pokemon and is just bringing back HM bullshit again, except with specific Pokemon this time.
>dude if you want to try this shit out then you have to go grab a Tauros of your own
>what, you don't have one or know where to get one?
>tough shit, kid
>oh, you got one now
>wait, did you put it in your PC?
>can't have that, you have to have it with you in order to use it, as it would be really silly for your Tauros to be able to just appear from underneath your feet from the PC but be unable to use it in a battle
That's counterproductive. That's forcing players to go out hunting for specific Pokemon in order to use certain mechanics instead of letting them pick what they want to catch and use. That's forcing them to go out to grab a Charizard if they want to fly elsewhere without having a Pokemon with Fly on their team.
>>
>>29237656
It doesn't tell you first time you battle, I was talking about type matchups
>>
>>29237681
>Didn't catch the S.S. Anne
>>
>>29237258
Hate to agree with a faggot anon but he is right. Like the Amerifags and common core math
>>
>>29236907
>implying that weaknesses isn't common knowledge even by casuals
>>
>>29237761
Ask any of those people coming in from Pokemon Go what ghost is weak to
>>
>>29237834
>Pokemon Go memers buying a mainline game
wew lad
That audience has already abandoned Go anyway.
>>
>>29237150
>WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE WE DIDN'T HAVE THE GAME TELLING US THE TYPE CHART WE HAD TO LEARN ALL 15 TYPES THROUGH GUIDES AND THE GAME AND OTHER MEDIA ACTUALLY LYING TO US SOMETIMES LIKE BEING TOLD THAT GHOST IS SUPER EFFECTIVE AGAINST PSYCHIC AND NOT BEING ABLE TO TELL THE EFFECTIVENESS OF AN ATTACK ON THE SECONDARY TYPING FOR ALL 151 POKEMON AND A GOOD AMOUNT OF THAT WAS MADE IMMEDIATELY POINTLESS WHEN G/S/C CAME OUT AND INTRODUCED TWO MORE TYPES AND CHANGED TYPE-EFFECTIVENESS AROUND A LOT AND A GOOD AMOUNT OF THAT WAS MADE POINTLESS WITH THE ADDITION OF AN 18TH TYPE AND MORE CHANGES TO THE TYPE CHART AND NOW IT'S ALL POINTLESS BECAUSE AFTER SEEING A POKEMON JUST ONCE THE GAME TELLS YOU WHAT MOVES WORK ON IT AND WHICH DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL CASUALS WHO CANNOT MEMORIZE THE TYPES OF ALL 800+ POKEMON
- /vp/ as an old man
>>
>>29237906
I've heard of a lot of people that went out to buy a 2/3DS after GO!

Whether or not they'll stick around for the new games though...
>>
>>29236907
Thisis good to to me because for some retarded reason i keep thinking flying is efffective against Rock
>>
>>29237681
I actually like that idea. It gives a sense that it's still "yours" kinda, but it's not wasting a teamslot with worthless hm slaves.
>>
>oh no now scrubs will no longer have to check type charts, bulbapedia or whatever to find out what attacks to use, it might actually make them decide what to click on faster
>>
>>29238157
>But what if I happen to be using a Storm Drain Lumineon and little Timmy sees that his Surf won't do anything to it before I can ruse his little boipussy hard? Nice going, Gamefraud!
>>
>>29238157
This is just a nerf to Drapion
>>
>>29238231
That is not how it'll work
>>
Greninja literally oneshot everything in the demo and you get praised at the end how awesome trainer you are. Game's gonna be fucking garbage.
>>
>>29238093
There's still the fact that you're pulling a 7th teammate (No, Rotom isn't your Pokemon so it's not an 8th) out of your ass from the PC that you can't use in battle and you can only do this with specific Pokemon, which is even more ridiculous than just pulling a service Pokemon out of your ass. We already have the ability to use Pokemon you own for things like this with Lapras.
>>
Can you reset ashgreninja's nature?

Mine is Hardy. Is it locked?
>>
>>29238277
You think someone who would actually use Lumineon would provide a legitimate argument?
>>
>>29236907
so what? In pve you can finish the game with surf and strenght on the first whore you get.
>>
>>29238307
there was the ace trainer at the end with higher level shitmons than your faggot megafrog. you never know, maybe there will be difficulty spikes in the game.
>>
>>29238307
The game will obviously be ultra easy to make sure all the new people who come in from GO can have "fun"
>>
>>29237150
>spent time memorizing a table of hundreds of element relationships
>somehow not autistic

You're right. The person who benefits from this new system is clearly the autistic one here.
>>
>>29238307
WOW YOU USED THE OVERPOWERED SUPERMOVE THAT ONLY YOU CAN USE BECAUSE JAPS HAVE A GARY STU COMPLEX
WHAT AN AMAZING TRAINER. YOU'RE SO SKILLED.
>>
>ITT no one has ever played a demo before
>>
>>29236907
>Don't forget the fact they LITERALLY LABEL which types moves are
>>
>>29238453
>they even show you how many PP are left instead of making you keep count

what the fuck, this is casual
>>
>>29236907
I'm not against the labeling to help understand type matchups but why label 1x effective moves? Why not just label not effective and super effective?
>>
>>29237150
Do you know what autism even is? Someone who is autistic would have a higher chance of knowing exactly which types all Pokemon are, including all Arceus and Silvally forms. A kid might have special needs if he doesn't know that Water is good against Fire, but that's not them having autism, that's just them being a retard, while you're both autistic and retarded. Learn the difference; it could save your life.
>>
>>29238327
>>29238327
answer me
>>
>>29238307
well i guess its not the purpose of a demo to be challenging but to demonstrate mechanics
>>
>>29238479
>The status screen tells you what the moves actually do instead of letting you figure it out for yourselves (i.e. going out to buy a Prima Strategy Guide) until you realize that Focus Energy doesn't do anything
G/S was a mistake for shitting on the hardcore competitive scene like this.
>>
>>29237101
It affects me because it's just another example of how easier these games are becoming.

Many more of these "features" will come and even children will stop being challenged by the games.
>>
>>29237406
Nigger that shit has been in the game for a while. You encounter a pokemon and it shows the type in your dex. Curb your autism.
>>
>>29238542
It's pretty obvious from the fact you're using your super special overleveled Greninja against NFE route one shitmons

Idk how people could think this is anything like how the game would play
>>
>>29237150
He has a point desu.
>>
>>29238595
>Idk how people could think this is anything like how the game would play
Because that's exactly what ORAS was like.
>>
>>29238578
>Slippery slope
Shouldn't you welcome features that only change things for new players? Takes the need away for changes that negatively affect everyone
>>
>>29238619
If you never turned on the EXP share ORAS was actually quite alright, especially the league and the league rematch
>>
>>29236749
They're showcasing Z-moves you retard. Of course they'll make you use Pikachu.
>>
>>29238578
Considering how getting laid is still too hardcore for even you, I don't think that's going to be a problem, Mr. Smartypants
>>
File: Blue.png (66KB, 797x602px) Image search: [Google]
Blue.png
66KB, 797x602px
Reminder that anyone who says Pokemon games are easier than they used to be is retarded.

You just aren't a little kid and shit at video games anymore.
>>
>>29238619
Yes I remember everyone only having level 30 zigzagoons
>>
>>29238652
No, almost all the gym leaders were nerfed. And they very slightly increased the levels of route trainers so that you'd be even more overlevelled.

Also you mean 'if you turned off the EXP share'. It's on by default, because GF thinks you and I are drooling retards.
>>
>>29236907
Of the multitude of things there are to complain about this shitty game, this is by far the pettiest.
>>
I like that the game will show you any active status changes and at what level exactly they're at

Good for people who use moody
>>
>>29238714
Oh fuck you had to go into key items? I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, how did you manage to recover?
>>
How many day based events are there?
There's a girl who wants to show off her boyfriend in 5 days.
A man who celebrates his Pikachu's birthday in 12 days.
Shady deal at the dock in 18 days.
Girl leaving on a ship in 24 days.
>>
>>29236510
>expecting a vanilla pokemon game to be hard
>expecting a boss fight that uses an NFE pokemon to be hard
Give up, just play the game casually until the difficulty hacks are complete.
>>
>>29238814
You're missing the point m8.
Game Freak assumed we needed the EXP share. They also assumed we're too incapable to catch a mid-game legendary.
>>
>>29236907
i love the revamped UI with all the info from the summary screen on the bottom screen like that.

i also like the type chart reminders cuz i dont play enough to remember what the fuck beats poison or fairy on the fly so that shits helpful.
>>
>>29238871
It's a children's game, played primarily by children

Just accept that and press a few buttons once, instead of bitching endlessly about the same petty things
>>
File: zrMI9M0.jpg (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
zrMI9M0.jpg
119KB, 1200x800px
>>29236631
>>
>>29238955
No.
>>
>>29238896
Psychic or Ground for Poison, Steel or Poison for Fairy.

That said, its exactly because I know by heart anyways that a reminder doesn't annoy me, especially since I study types before I play a new generation anyways
>>
>>29238978
Okay then, well enjoy bitching about having to go put something in a pc and missing the chance to catch a legendary in a game that added 20 more for another two years
>>
>>29238437
>type matchups
>a table of hundreds of element relationships that can't be memorized without having the 'tism

This is how retarded you sound.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.