[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Game Freak working on Pokémon Z/Kalos 2 or it got cancelled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

Was Game Freak working on Pokémon Z/Kalos 2 or it got cancelled?

There are proofs about a third game based on Kalos would be a thing, but it was cancelled. Some of there are:

-Southern Kalos is the main proof about this, because why adding Kiloude City and then adding the description of "an example of southern Kalos style of living".

-ORAS Demo datamining revealed two more games that use blue pentagons.

-The fact that Game Freak itself said that with XY and ORAS you can catch all 721 Pokémon was a proof that the next game that would be released is a Gen VII game.

-In the data of both XY and ORAS there are Super Training Regimens that were meant to be received by event.

-The fact that XY are the ONLY main games without a sequel/third version is pretty strange.
>>
Nope.
>>
Masuda said years ago Z would be too predictable.
>>
>>29204763
Would be perfect design without the rain boots feet.
>>
>>29204802
>tfw i want predictable
>>
>>29204763
I speculate that they were planning on doing a Pokémon Z, but they cancelled it and used the main plot for XY&Z anime. I mean, the plot in that anime does feel like it kinda wraps up Kalos' story.
>>
>>29204763
I feel like they started to, but realized how much everyone disliked Kalos, and decided to push the stuff they completed (Zygarde quest, Z moves, etc) into a new region and make some new mons.
>>
they definitely designed X and Y partially with Z in mind but clearly changed their minds at some point and so he just get a zygarde forced meme in sun moon
>>
>>29204763
It was probably planned at first, yeah. I don't think it ever got any farther than that though.
>>
>>29204763
nx game will let you go to kalos and alola
>>
>>29204802
Yeah cause Pokemon is such an unpredictable franchise
>>
Heard a rumor that the NX Pokemon game will have the XY region remastered for console. Could be Z.
>>
>>29204763
No plus they don't make thrid games anymore.

When they upgrade to nx, maybe only one game.
>>
File: Rainbow.png (2MB, 1944x1468px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow.png
2MB, 1944x1468px
>>29204802
THIS

According to Masuda
>Z never was a thing, they want to surprise fans, same as BW sequels instead a Pokemon Grey
>They wanted to work in RS remake before work in a XY's sequel

Now we have Z moves, Zygarde lore, XY characters... SM are XY sequels, is a refined version of BW's formula. Instead a sequel called XY2 (Gen 6), a sequel called SM (Gen 7).
You guys must begin to assume third versions are dead now.
>>
>>29205011
Just remembered that Sina and Dexio (?) were shown in one of the trailers.

As long it gets some post game content, I'm okay. I still would prefered a proper 6th gen game just to save it like Pt/HgSs did back in the day
>>
>>29205088
Completely agree
>>
>>29205088
>never a thing
>Z like, totally wasn't ever, like, a thing that existed, like
opinion disregarded
>>
They worked a bit on it, but then they rolled it over to sm.
>>
Definitely did. Its obvious and if you dont agree you're just plain fucking retarded.

> Masuda fucking lied
> The scrapped story/elements of Z are in Sun and Moon in the Zygarde Quest
> All the evidence OP listed
> Game Freak realized how much quicker the cash flows when they pump out new generations after having Gen V be short as well
>>
I think instead of remaking them they're just leaving out the third one now so that they can go back to any given series and improve on it their best.
>>
>>29205797
so what you're saying is in future people won't complain about remakes being shit because the games were shit to begin with
>>
>>29205088

Wasn't a new gen after 3 years also horiibly predictibal?
>>
>>29204763
We haven't gotten a third version since Generation 4, with Platinum. Why would there be one now?
>>
>>29204763
Probably planned and then reinvisioned into Sun and Moon. Would explain things like Zygarde and Magerna.Though it seems that VII will also wrap up plot points from V and IV.
>>
THERE
WILL
BE
NO
MORE
THIRD
VERSIONS
THERE
HAVEN'T
BEEN
ANY
SINCE
GET
OVER
IT
>>
>>29207172
Hilbert Superboss in Sun and Moon, that's all I want. I wanna beat him back home.
>>
>>29204922
BW2 were pretty unpredictable, both in formula and content.
>>
>>29204763
Just given how empty and unfinished XY were compared to every other initial game pair, even Ref and Green, pretty much proves that there should have been a Z in production....

But given the massive hate that XY rightly got...
Pretty sure it was cancelled in favor of just going into Gen7.
>>
>>29207211
like remakes?
>>
>>29207419
>Just given how empty and unfinished XY were compared to every other initial game pair, even Ref and Green
What? Red & Green had only Mewtwo cave as postgame and nothing else at all. XY have a bit more at least.

>But given the massive hate that XY rightly got...
No, the hate on /vp/ isn't really representative of popular opinions.
Plus, once Gen VIII will be anounced, SM will be hated and XY will be "pretty good games". That's how /vp/ works.
>>
>>29207510
At least with Red and Green you can get pokemon Stadium.

There's nothing to get with X/Y.
>>
>>29204763

I think that they just packed sumo with 2 regions, it's after all 20th so... they tried to refresh games with XY so they may do the same with johto v2?
>>
>>29207552
Pokemon Stadium? You have to go and buy a new system and game for that

While X/Y had the Maison, Looker Episode and Online multiplayer, it's still barebones but still more than RGBY
>>
>>29207510
>thinking that only postgame makes a game finished or not
>thinking that XY aren't universally the lowest rated and lowest sold games in the main franchise
Sure, Anon. Whatever you tell yourself so you can sleep at night....

Seriously though. The whole "Kanto is empty" criticism of GSC is because of how sparse Kanto is compared to RGBY.
If you honestly believe that Kalos isn't as void of people and content like Gen2 Kanto was....
Well there's just no hope of salvation for you.
>>
Did you miss the fact that the NPCs literally hinted at Sun/Moon's Hawaii setting in XY?
>>
>>29206712
>Wasn't a new gen continuing XY like Gen 2 continued Gen 1, instead XY2 in Gen 6 or just another third version, horribly predictable?
No..?

>>29207231
>Hilbert
>not Calem
>>
>>29208427
also this
Dammit, GF just put that backpacker in Kalos to say us "new region in coming, guys". XY was an appetizer before SM.
>>
>>29205088
Parts of a hypothetical third (Z) being incorporated into SM is about as close as we'll get from now on.

Things OP mentioned were put in 'just in case', but I think even by the time they started work on it the decision had more or less been made to drop a third version - they added those hints just to leave the option open for themselves.

I don't think any serious work was ever done towards a Z version.
>>
>>29204802
You know what would have been predictable? A finished game you fucking Japanese cunt.
>>
>>29208682
Totally agree
>>
>>29204763
I feel like it was an idea at some point but it was scrapped for Sun/Moon pretty early. Maybe eventually we'll hear about it on interviews.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.