[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are Poke Ball ideas you want to see in the game? Here are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Poké_Balls_GL.png (118KB, 442x448px) Image search: [Google]
Poké_Balls_GL.png
118KB, 442x448px
What are Poke Ball ideas you want to see in the game? Here are the current usable pokeballs grouped by certain characteristics, for perspective.

>Poke balls with a static catch rate
Poke, Great, Ultra, Master, Premier, Safari, Sport, Dream
>Poke balls with a variable catch rate based on info from the wild pokemon
Moon, Heavy, Fast, Nest, Net
>Poke balls with a variable catch rate based on info from the trainer and the wild pokemon
Repeat, Level, Love
>Poke balls with a variable catch rate based on the environment
Lure, Dusk, Dive
>Poke balls with a variable catch rate based on turn it was used
Timer, Quick
>Poke balls with a 1-time effect on the pokemon inside
Friend, Heal
>Poke balls with a continuous effect on the pokemon inside
Luxury
>>
Can I see apricorns come back? I actually kinda liked them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E41esP_T-0k

All of the ones in this video except for the Dawn Ball.
>>
>>29191860
XY gave a perfect venue for them and they didn't fucking do shit.
>>
Pokemon specific Pokeballs~

Apart from that:
>Boost Ball
Normal catch rate, IVs for every stat are boosted by 10 when caught.
>>
I wouldn't mind having some based on either egg-groups or type. No idea what they would actually call them though.

>>29191898
>pokemon specific
the butthurt from your favorite not getting one is already palpable.
>>
>>29191884
The Dawn Ball can work with a bit of tweaking. The point of the Dusk Ball was to reward players for playing during non-optimal times (night being an awkward time to play if you have school, work, etc.). A Dawn Ball would be too powerful for such a simple requirement. However this logic also makes the Dusk Ball too powerful for Pokemon Moon due to the 12-hour shift, so I think the Dawn/Dusk balls should be version exclusive: Dusk Balls in Sun and Dawn Balls in Moon.
>>
>>29191884
Actually, I'd want the Dawn Ball. It's a good ball but has a sorta bad design. Change the design and it would be a great ball.
>>
>>29191898
>Pokemon specific pokeballs
You can't fill your bag with potentially >700 pokeballs. The clutter would be hell
>>
>>29191834
>Insulated Ball
Higher catch rate for Fire, Electric and Ice Pokemon.

>Color Ball
Changes color/pattern based on the Pokemon caught in it - has 1/2 the catch rate of a normal Pokeball and is as expensive as a Luxury Ball
>>
>>29191961
>the butthurt from your favorite not getting one is already palpable.
There haven't been any Pokemon specific Pokeballs yet. How am I supposed to be butthurt?
>>
Sun Ball to mirror Moon Ball
A ball that works better on Pokemon with Trade evolutions, with or without items
"Horde Ball" that works better capturing the last Pokemon of a horde battle. It'll need a better name, obviously.
Pester Ball.

>>29192008
I'd imagine the balls would be related to the family line, not the one Pokemon. That's much less, but still a lot.
>>
>>29192011
Love these ideas.
>>29191884
OK let's categorize these

>static catch rate
Money
>used in specific situations no other balls can
Hoard
>in-battle effect
Pester
>catch rate based on info from wild pokemon
Battle, Ancient
>catch rate based on info from the trainer
Challenge
>catch rate based on environment
Dawn
>catch rate based on ball-specific gimmick
Lotto, Go
>continuous effect
Lucky

I think Lucky, Pester, and Battle are my favorites in this video.
>>
Premier Ball with blue line instead of red. You get one when you buy 10+ Great Balls.
Premier Ball with yellow line. For buying 10+ Ultra Balls.
>>
>>29192370
I'm disappointed these aren't already implemented. Although I'd add a Green Premier Ball for completion's sake.
>>
>>29191894
Except put them on display to taunt us.
>>
>>29192568
Buying 10+ of any ball that isn't your standard Poke, Great, or Ultra gives you a green-lined Premier
>>
>>29192659
It would have been great to have these things in X and Y. Premier Ball starters from the Friend Safari would have been great.
>>
- Mystic ball: 4x catch rate for psychic, fairy and dragon mons.
- Weather ball: 4x catch rate in hail, sun, rain, sandstorm, etc.
- Shiny ball: 4x chance of watching shinies. Has a star pattern in the upper part.
>>
>>29191961
Well, for the type-specific balls you could either go with the type it's self, or something close/related or jokey
>Fire Ball, use your best guess
>Stone Ball, Rock types
>Dirt Ball, Ground types
>Snow Ball, Ice types
>Aqua Ball, Water types
Etc.
>>
I want the park ball
>>
think i saw it in a video but a ball chiseled with diamonds and jewels that has the same catch rate as a pokeball but costs a lot of money. basically for people who want to spend their money on dumb shit to try and get a cool mon in a pricey ball
>>
>>29193089
There was one of those in the anime.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.