[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which other Megas need to be nerfed and what's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 15

File: 25 Percent.png (698KB, 896x722px) Image search: [Google]
25 Percent.png
698KB, 896x722px
Which other Megas need to be nerfed and what's the best way to do it?
>>
>>29183382
Pixelate and variants

remove the 30% boost on the moves
>>
Huge Power has a smaller boost for Mega Evolutions, -ate abilities don't get the non-stab boost with Mega Evolution

done
>>
Alolans confirmed terrible parents
>>
>>29183411
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>29183411
Yeah good job making everything but Salamence utter crap.
>>
>>29183424
kek
>>
>>29183434
Oh, how do you want to fix Mega Mence?
>>
>>29183382
>Mega Salamence
Nerf -Ate. Remove the 30% attack boost. -ate is gimmick-shit anyways.

>Mega Mawile
I can't think of a good way to do it. It isn't a massive problem, anyways.

>Mega Garchomp and Mega Tyranitar
Swap the abilities they get. No this isn't a nerf.
>>
>>29183469
ExtremeSpeed is now Bug-type.
>>
>>29183485
>Sandforce Tyranitar

I like it
>>
>>29183439
They never should have given Salamence that ability in the first place. It's not like the other megas are a problem with it. Mega Glalie is one of the shittiest megas.
>>
>le "remove the 30% boost from -ate abilities" meme

Do you guys work for Blizzard's Balance team?
Making OP stuff completely useless isn't balancing the game.
>>
How would you improve some megas such as Banette and Audino?
>>
>>29183539
How does weakening a move by 30% make it useless?
>>
>>29183539
>what are dragons
>>
>>29183540
You really can't fix Banette without better ghost type stab, or completely reworking the thing
>>
>>29183411
>t. Salamence
>>
>>29183411

Fuck off.
>>
>>29183618
>not getting at least 2 KOs with Banette from killing something then alternating Destiny Bond and slow attack
>>
>>29183382
>he thinks this will kill the mom

Seismic toss and power up punch say hi
>>
>>29183411
This. STAB is enough boost ON TOP of the stat changes. A free life orb without drawbacks is overkill
>>
>>29183658
The problem is that it fucking sucks before the Mega. And it can't run Protect like Diancie and Beedrill without screwing its movepool badly.
>>
>>29183697
The real problem is there's not a movepool in the first place
>>
>>29183382
Was Mega Mom nerfed?
>>
>>29183718
The real problem is that if you want a Prankster ghost, you can run Sableye without using your Mega slot.
>>
>>29183735
Can you not read?
>>
>>29183735
Yeah, its second attack was dropped to 25%.
>>
>>29183539
>Salamence still gets a 102bp physical flying move to fix it's movepool
>It still gets the sexy stat boost, and keeps the jackpot of base abilities in Intimidate
It is still fucking great. It is still probably Uber.
>>
>>29183411
>>29183680
>>29183485
Fuck off, nerfing -ate abilities will hurt more than fix. Mega Salamence is literally the only broken user of -ate abilities and that's motly because it has 4 stats that are base 120+. Other good-but-not-broken mons like Mega Garde and Mega Pinsir aren't hard to beat if you aren't shit, not to mentions there is mons like Mega Glalie and Aurorus who are already bad and doesn't need a nerf.
>>
>>29183411
>shitty all over a ton of just alright megas to get at megamence
>>
>>29183439
M-Garde is still viable without Pixilate boost. It could even lose Pixilate for Adaptability for all it matters. Sylveon is nerfed but it's not a huge deal. Pinsir will still just be an objectively inferior Aerialate user to M-Salamence. Glalie will still be a waste of a mega who's only gimmick is a really strong suicide move.

>>29183417
Huge Power and Pure Power should be changed so Huge Power calculates based off of total attack while Pure Power is calculated from base attack. Change it so Medicham gains Huge Power on mega evolution and M-Mawile gets Pure Power. The only Pure Power user that gets fucked is non-mega Medicham which is total garbage anyways, the difference could easily be made up with a slight BST adjustment.
>>
>>29183540

Prankster kicks in as it mega evolves.
>>
>>29183870
>shit ton of megas
>all 4 of them that use it
>3 of which are OU or above
>>
Why so many people want to nerf every -ate user because of mega mence? The next thing will be kill Ninjask for Mega Blaziken
Glalie is bad, Gardevoir is balanced, Sylveon decent and Pinsir just fine, They need to balance mence himself, like wasting points in SpA or just giving him a smaller boost like MAlakazam
And Mence isnt even that big of a problem in VGC, and that is what matters to GF
>>
>>29183901
>like wasting points in special attack

The thing runs mixed sets too a lot with Hyper voice/fire blast
>>
>>29183411
Mega Pinsir just got shat all over.
>>
>>29183842
Nerfing -ate abilities does nothing to relative power of any mega except Garde and Salamence, both of which are tip top tier megas in VGC, in fact Garde was more common than Mence in 14. The other users are dogshit with the 30% boost and will be dogshit without the boost.
>>
>>29183952
>nerfing 2 top tier Pokemon
>while nerfing 2 others ones, and one was already shit
>>
>>29183901
>Mence isnt even that big of a problem in VGC
It was already on-par with Mega-mom. Once the nerf hits, Mence will be unopposed once megas are allowed.
>>
Will mega mom drop to OU now?
>>
>>29183842
>Aurorus
Aurorus will be shit no matter what. Megas get stat boosts, STAB and a free life orb effect without the drawbacks. That's too good an ability.
>>
>>29183952
It's not like Glalie can get much worse

Pinsir nerf is worth the Mega Mence Gardevoir nerf

It'll be fine in UU if you play Smogon
>>
>>29183382
+100 base stats was a stupid idea considering how much their normal base stats vary and what their abilities change to when Mega. Abolish that rule or make all weaker mons' Megas streamlined like M-Beedrill.
>>
>>29183382
>Change mega mence's ability to Moxie
>Reduce mega Lucario's speed by 10 points and put those points in special defense
>>
How do you buff it after getting fucked over by the physical/special split?
>>
>>29184058
Give it Draco Meteor
>>
Nintendo balances around VGC (even though megas aren't allowed anymore) so:

>Mega Salamence
Ability is now Keen Eye
>>
>>29184035
this
>>
>>29184084
Genie nerf when?
>>
>>29183469
Actually retcon stuff by replacing its ability with something else. They don't even need to worry about legacy Salamence shitting things up as its a temporary form change and as such would give mega mence the changed ability no matter what

Gamefreak has a multiverse as an excuse for changed continuity now, there is no reason they shouldn't retcon things like that anymore
>>
just leave my venusaur alone and we'll be good senpai please
>>
>>29183952
VGC isn't the only format. There is plenty of ways to beat Mega Voir and Mega Pinsir (>X used bullet punch and rocks respectively) and have other flaws that make them not hard to deals with most of the time.

>>29184003
And yet abilities like Wonderguard are fine even though they blocks every attacks unless super effective? The thing is the mon (shedinja) has big flaws that is poor stats and one single hp to balances it. Mega Gardevoir has shit physical bulk, gets shutdown by Bullet Punch, and its speed is only average/decent to balances Pixelate.

The problem is not the ability, it's the mon itself. Like I mentioned, Mega Salamence has base 120+ in four different stats along with stuff like Dragon Dance.
>>
File: 1448088833436.jpg (25KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
1448088833436.jpg
25KB, 346x346px
http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

Who needs a BST increase the most going from gen 6 to 7?
>>
>>29184116
Developers need a multiverse to justify patching their games?

Just lol
>>
>>29183998
Unless Gen 7 adds something that can completly wall it, it's unlikely.

>>29183411
Nerfing Aerialite still wouldn't solve the main issue. One of the reasons Mmence is so good is the insane physical bulk that let's it set up DD like it was nothing.
>>
>>29184142
well then now Thick Fat gives Psychic and Flying resist and learns Spore
>>
>>29183581
There was a time before we knew -ate had a power boost. It was a pretty significant amount of time, actualy. Enough to where people were doing compititve battles on showdown with -ate mons that disn't have the bonus.

It was almost unanimous that -ate abilities were among the worst of the new gen. They provided menial STAB options at the expense of an ability. All of the XY -ate users were complete trash.

Then we found the bonus, and it changed everything.
>>
>>29184084
And Mega Salamence isn't broken in VGC, it's used less that Mega Garde in both 14 and 15 it was only used more in 16 because the primals and Xerneas lead to limited choices.
>>
Nerf Intimidate
>>
>>29183901
>Mence isn't a problem in VGC
>Even more popular than mega mom
Aight bro
>>
>>29184425
It was signficantly less popular during VGC 15. It's only used frequently now because it has good matchups against Groudon and Rayquaza. Defiant/Competitive users are rarely seen in the 16 format, so there's little risk of not mega evolving and continuously shuffling Intimidates.
>>
>>29183411
Fucking faggot
>>
>>29184182
Not that guy but GF seriously does act like this sometimes. It's obvious they try to retcon as little as possible regardless of how beneficial it would be for everything.
>>
>>29183382
Mega-Blaziken
Mega-Rayquaza
Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon
>>
>>29184175
I'm not arguing that M-Garde or M-Pinsir are too strong, I'm arguing that M-Garde and Mence will still be strong without Pixilate's boost and M-Pinsir will still be dogshit without it. After removing the boost you could patch up Pinsir's base stats or improve its movepool (Giving it Extremespeed would immediately make it one of the best megas) to the point where he is equally viable to Salamence, but so long as the 30% boost exists you're going to have a hard time giving out goodies like that because let me tell you, with the way aerialate currently works extremespeed pinsir would actually become more cancerous than megamom in singles.
>>
>>29185011
Honestly I don't have the expectation that box legends will ever be balanced. I just wish they didn't force us to play with them for one season per generation.

Blaziken is only broken in singles and that could be fixed by taking speed boost from it, giving it something like competitive/defiant to increase its doubles viability and leaving it as Blaziken's HA, so Blaziken would have to remain unmega'd for a turn or two to get speed (which means it has to waste a slot on protect, which means it can't carry as many coverage moves).
>>
>>29185328
Mega Garde will be mostly outclassed by Mega Diancie without Pixilate or another top tier ability to make up for it. Mega Pinsir isn't bad at all, it's ranked A- in OU viability ranking.

Gamefreak doesn't change base stats changes on mons outside of a 10 BST increases on a dozen of mons.

How is Blaziken/Speed Boost relevant here?
>>
>>29185429
>Gamefreak doesn't change base stats on mons
they didn't, but there's nothing stopping them from doing it again in SM. I feel like they'll give +20 or more BST increases to stuff like Pidgeot, Luxray, or the mons that get Alolan forms
>>
>>29183382
Probably only khanga
>>29185011
No one uses mega Blaziken in vgc enough for them to care and hopefully they learned there lesson with box legends
>>
Nerf the 30%boost to 10%

there done
>>
>>29183382
Only Salamence needs a nerf, but knowing GF the only way they could fix it is either by nerfing -ate abilities, which would needlessly nerf a handful of balance/shit pokémon as well, or by changing M-Salamences stats around.

But I have no idea how they could do that because M-Salamence is bulky, fast and crazy strong, increasing any of its stats, even at the cost of decreasing other, would probably not change that much.
>>
>>29183411
Better introduce a new ability/item/fieldeffect, that removes every modification from the opponent's moves.
And so MegaSalamence has just a 120 power normal move in Double Edge, and get's walled by levitating ghost types.
>>
>>29186055
>removes every modification from the opponent's moves
Hopefully one of the Tapus has an auto-terrain ability that works like that.
>>
>>29185845
They could try beffing up it's defense at the cost of making it as low as a tyranitar (base 60 speed).
>>
>>29184058
Give it Contrary.
>>
>>29183382
fug

give him a mega stone
>>
>>29183411
Yeah fuck gardervoir, remove fairys bug resist too.
>>
Remove the arbitrary 100 point stat gain on the majority of megas.
Almost every problem would be solved with this.

Stat boosts amongst pkmn should be more varied than 100
>>
>>29185011
Mega Ray now must hold a mega stone
Primals now take up your mega slot
That's a good start
>>
>>29183382

>tfw mega mence does exactly what mega pinsir does but better

This shouldnt be a thing
>>
>>29183952
"Garde was more common than Mence in VGC 14"
Mega Mence wasnt even allowed in VGC 14 you twit.
>>
>>29187456
Pinsir has Quick attack and feint, Pinsir has 2 priority moves and one if them blocks protect which is great in doubles.
>>
>>29184179
Ledian
>>
>>29187520
He probably mistyped 15 which Garde and Sylveon both have more usage than Mence.
>>
>>29184179
Dustox

The poor fucker
>>
>>29187550
Why is always Ledian?

There are worse fully evolved pokémon out there, but whenever someone asks for something that should be saved from PU hell they always mention Ledian or Farfetch'd.
>>
>>29187775

Because it has a good movepool, and a buff to it's stats and a new ability (aka what mega-evos do) could patch up it's problems really well, like what happened with beedrill
>>
>>29183382
Mega Fug
>>
>>29183998

Whats rest talk seismic toss? Double edge and sucker punch even at lo levels still fuck HO hard.

No this thing won't drop anytime soon.
>>
>>29187775
I honestly can't think of very many things that are worse. It's almost on Delcatty levels.
>>
>>29187877
>nerfing legendaries
why tho

They're supposed to be OP, and after the shitfest that was this year's VGC I seriously doubt they'll allow special legendaries in official formats for a long time.
>>
>>29183411
Bunch of megas ruined.
Sylveon unusable.
>>
>>29184058
The mega basically put him right on the border of being viable. Give him Draco Meteor and a fire coverage move and he'd be in.

Unfortunately he has that grass type coverage curse where Gamefreak's secret rules say that grass types can never learn fire type moves even though tons of water types have energy ball, thunder bolt, ect in addition to the fact that they all get ice beam.
>>
>>29188022
*one broken mega is now just pretty good, two pretty good megas are now just situationally good, a good but completely redundant mega is now just completely redundant, and a completely useless mega is still completely useless.

Aurorus is shit but nothing is going to change that as long as the ice type is what it is. Sylveon will get nerfed but fairies are cancer anyways.
>>
>>29183411
Is this something that datamining the demo can tell us
>>
>>29184179
Literally everything they gave 10 bst to in 6th gen still needs a buff.
>>
>>29183492
Literally why make it Bug and how does that nerf MegaMence
>>
>>29188266
It should?
>>
>>29188020
Fug literally tears the tier of Legendary Pokemon a new one which lead to him being banned from the ban list

He's tied for the highest BST Pokemon, with an ability that reduces weaknesses, 180 attack stats, 2 boosting moves (swords dance and Dragon Dance), and can fucking use an item slot compared to the next strongest Pokemon, with stab variation of Close Combat and 2+ extreme speed

It's fucking gen 1 level mewtwo broken
>>
what if we changed just M-salamence's ability to a new one called Aerialite, which is aerialate without the 30% boost, and moved 10 of his defence to his SpAtk
>>
>>29188484
I wonder which Z crystal mega Fug would use given its varied move pool.
>>
>>29188353
I hope they keep it the same
I only just tried out M-Salamence like 12 hours ago.
>>
>>29188484
I know pretty well how broken Fug is.

My point is that it being broken shouldn't be a problem for competitive players, because it's almost always banned from everything anyway, and it also makes sense for it to be so strong from an in-universe perspective.
>>
>>29183540
Give banette dark type
Give audino magic guard
While were at it give steelix magnet pull
>>
>>29183618
well they should make a Ghost Flare Blitz or Waterfall anyway
>>
>>29187775
There's not much worse; base 35 attack is beyond awful.
>>
>>29183411
Jesus, are all these people really that upset about this? Removing the 30% boost may be a big difference, but isn't everyone who replied to anon overreacting here?
>>
>>29183931
My favorite sets are naive mixed attack. Dd, double edge, eq, draco meteor, and hone claws, Dragon rush, iron tail, and fire blast.
>>
>>29188966
That guy suggested making a lot of popular pokémon shit just to nerf Salamence

As someone whose bro is only useful thanks to the 30% boost, that suggestion is inexcusable and should never be posted again
>>
>>29188315
Clefable's good, but I get your point.
>>
>>29189028
Then how do you propose "fixing" Salamence short of buttfucking its stats?
>>
>>29189154
Give him a different ability?
>>
Mega Gengar needs to lose Shadow Tag.
>>
>>29189028
>that suggestion is inexcusable and should never be posted again

That's... still overeacting. It's just someone suggesting a hypothetical solution to something; no reason to get this upset.

As for making things shit, well... that's different.

Aurorus will get worse, but it's already bad so doesn't matter too much. Glalie will just have slightly weaker STAB moves, which honestly still hits pretty hard. Nothing can comfortably take a hit from its Explosion anyhow.

Gardevoir, Altaria, Sylveon, and Pinsir will definitely suffer on a noticeable term. While the boosts could definitely mitigate this (Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Dragon Dance), it would still be a significant loss.

And Salamence didn't even need Aerilate to be viable, so he'll be fine either way.
>>
>>29183485
Good job, you turned mega T-Tar into a powerhouse
>>
>>29189429
I was half-joking, anon. I guess I should have put some buzzwords to make it more obvious
>>
Everyone ITT forgot delcatty had the ability that other -ate abilities should've been based on. Its supposed to turn the moves into omething usefull and give you stab, not to essentially make the move broken.
>>
File: 1475091040659.png (361KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475091040659.png
361KB, 750x750px
>>29183485
>sandforce ttar
>>
>>29189905
When I first heard of the -ate abilities and the 30% boost, I thought they were going to be given to pokemon who almost represented 3 types but obviously could only have 2, meaning they could get STAB for a type they don't have.

That way pokemon like Gligar could have gotten "Poisonate" or Stunfisk getting "Liquedate" or something, and the affecting Normal moves meant that movepools didn't have to be bloated with added moves; you pick the -ate ability, you sacrifice all your Normal attacks. It was a polarising tactical decision.
>>
>>29184058
Give it nasty plot>>29184076
>>
>>29186231
>Contrary
>Sceptile's movepool
I have the weirdest boner right now.
>>
- Change Mega Mence's ability to Competitive or Cloud Nine or something.
- Change Mega Gengar's ability to Infiltrator or Levitate
>>
>>29191098
What else does it have besides leaf storm?
>>
>>29183882
Instead of changing things around, why not simply make huge power what you said for pure power and vice versa ?
>>
File: magmorterFace.jpg (201KB, 708x643px)
magmorterFace.jpg
201KB, 708x643px
Nerf Tough Claws on Charicuck-X.
Then
Nerf Mega Venusaur. Just cuz.
>>
>>29183382
Nerf Mega Sabes so that it can't keep prankster on the same turn that it megas. It's the only pokemon capable of mega evolution that can make use of two abilities in one turn.
>>
>>29191237
Samefag here.

...I guess unless you wanna count mawhile's and mence's intimidate...but I don't know how much that counts considering that they activate before mega evolution, and sabe's prankster remains active AFTER mega evolution as commenced.
>>
>>29191197
Zard X isn't even top tier anymore. Fucking Mega Medicham is ranked higher. Do you think Medicham needs a nerf?
>>
>>29188966
Pinsircucks are afraid their shitbug will go back to RU.
>>
>>29183382
Change Mega Sceptile's ability to Technician or something vaguely useful, and swap its sp.atk and attack stats. Hell, do that for its normal form too.
>>
>>29191307
t. Heracrossfag assblassted his shitty johtomon is back in the reject bin where it belongs thanks to the true king.
>>
File: 800px-Dent_Pansage.png (482KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Dent_Pansage.png
482KB, 800x450px
>>29188110
Honestly I think grass types should get ground moves (like Venusaur and Sunflora), plants grow from the earth, it wouldn't be too farfetch'd
>>
>>29191307
>>29191341
No one cares when scizors a thing
And this is from a Volcarona fag
>>
>>29191341
How is your shitbug liking those rocks? They must feel real good inside its asshole.
>being x4 weak to rocks
>no recovery
>2016
>>
>>29191392
>herafag's team has no answer to Smogon Stones
>2016

As expected, Johtomons can't compete with real Pokemon anyway so I suppose strategy doesn't matter for Heracucks.
>>
>>29191341
>Normal Pinsir is NU
>Normal Heracross is UU
>Mega Pinsir is A- Rank in OU
>Mega Heracross is A Rank in OU

Never ever pinsirtards.
>>
>>29191423
Is there an actual list showing their ranks within tiers?
Tier lists settle my OCD.
>>
>>29191508
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-viability-ranking-thread-v5-see-page-43-post-1063.3571990/
>>
File: 1475745399225.png (83KB, 268x330px)
1475745399225.png
83KB, 268x330px
>>29191545
>>
>>29191299
That's my boy. But yeah, I'd get rid of bullet punch for starters.
>>
>>29191545
I had no idea contrarian snek was considered that good
>>
>>29189408
But Shadow Tag on M-Gengar is literally built into its goddamn design. It has the Mean Look eye permanently on it's head, hence why nothing can switch on it.

How is that not obvious? Ignoring that to remove the ability which is really the only thing that really makes Gengar an interesting choice of Mega is just ridiculous.

In fact, it borders on being "No fun allowed, remove this thing because I don't like it!"
>>
>>29188022
Maybe they shouldnt have made sylveon shit to begin with
>>
>Change pure/huge power to be a x1.75 modifier
>-ate abilities are all +20%
>>
>>29188022
Mega's were a mistake and are banned now anyways. And even then, many Mega's were completely overshadowed so if some are "ruined", it may just mean there will be more balance and variety of choice between them.

And not every Pokémon can be usable competitively, most of the Eeveelutions aren't.

I don't get why people are so opposed to nerfs. Nerfing the most min-max OP shit can simply only make for better variety and choice in the game. I guess Smogon has just made people used to fucking outright banning things as a "solution" instead.
>>
remove megas

problem solved
>>
I hate the idea of megas.
It's diggimony as fuck.
I was hoping it'll die with 6 gen.
>>
But they should do sonething with weak pokemons without it.
>>
>>29184179
I wish Pikachu was actually good but it'd probably take a hell of a BST increase even with Light Orb. Those 20 points they gave him to defenses would have been much better put into speed.
>>
>>29183735
No it wasnt. The guy is trolling ffs. Jist some angry loser that got owned by mega mom
>>
>>29188110
Solarbeam should hit as a fire-type move

It's literally shooting fire

Also this would nerf Charizard and Groundon but that's okay with me
>>
>>29192771
>some angry loser
We all saw it in the trailer m8
>>
mega mence gets slow start
>>
Megas are a retarded concept. Almost every single shitmon that got one could have used a plain evolution instead.

Any fully evolved mon that's still PU should have their stats retconned or the movepool expanded. Not everything has to be a 600 BST monster but holy shit some pokemon are so fucking garbage it's unreal.
>>
>-ate abilities now only provide a 20% boost instead of a 30% one
>Fairy is now weak to Fire, bringing Mega Mawile to manageable levels and overall helping with balance

If we're allowed to change abilities
>Mega Lucario now gets Mega Launcher or Aura Break
>Mega Salamence now gets Gale Wings and Air Slash
>>
>>29193081
Because competitive is not the only aspect of Pokemon

Pokemon like Raticate that you can get very early in the game are obviously intended to be fairly weak for in-game purposes
>>
File: 1469168875375.jpg (42KB, 500x245px)
1469168875375.jpg
42KB, 500x245px
>>29183382
>>29192317
>nerfing huge power
>when it is literally built into mega mawile's design
>when nothing that has huge power is actually broken
>>
>>29193417
Not a huge nerf, Azumarill and Mega Medicham would still be more than viable.
>>
>>29183382
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwuuuuuu
>>
Don't nerf huge power/aeraliate
Rework M-salamence's so it puts less points in speed, and dump it in attack (sub 80)

Done.
>>
>>29192771
>FFS
>>
File: cry baby.jpg (177KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
cry baby.jpg
177KB, 800x533px
>>29183382
None.
Pathetic crybabies.

MEGA MOM TOO STRONK NERFFFFFF!
SCALD TOO OPEEEEE NERK IT!
KNOCK OFF NEEDS TO BE BAD IT RUINS MUH PSYCHIC AND GHOST BRO!
-ATE ABILITIES AREN'T FAAAAAAAAAAAIR!
MEGA FUG SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO MEGA REEEEEEEEEEE!
INTIMIDATE NO FAIR!
PRIMALS ARE CHEATING!
SPEED BOOST KICKIN-CHICKEN BEAT ME!
SHADOW TAG GENGAR A MEANIE!
D-D-D-DIGIMON BELONG IN DIGIMON REEEE!
MAWILE TOO STRONK, M MAWILE NEEDS 100 4X WEAKNESSES CAUSE I SAY SO!
HUGE POWER IS CENTRALIZING MUH METAGAME

Holy shit, you people are fucking retarded. Get. Fucking. Good.
>>
>>29194256
You must be one of those delusional newfag shitters who think there was a '''''''golden age'''''''' of competitive smogon where nothing was banned on a whim.
>>
File: opinion discarded.jpg (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
opinion discarded.jpg
77KB, 680x680px
>>29194256
>can't come up with an actual argument besides stuttering and strawmanning
>>
File: crying-kids.jpg (28KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
crying-kids.jpg
28KB, 270x270px
>>29194278
>>29194282
>I can't beat something it needs to be banned!
>>
>>29194256
Now I agree with you that there are lots of crybabies, but no one should be against the nerfing of Mega Kangaskhan
>>
>>29194294
Yep, you're a newfag who doesn't know shit. I wonder how many pictures of crying children you have left.
>>
File: JES1390B.jpg (62KB, 466x650px) Image search: [Google]
JES1390B.jpg
62KB, 466x650px
>>29194343
Take a look.
>>
>>29194080
That isn't even necessary. Huge power is exclusively given to shitmons with low attack stats and even then only makes them decent
>>
>>29188110

>grass types can never learn fire type moves

Chili pokemon when?
>>
>>29194373
Sorry man, i dont see nothing in that.
Your mirror a shit!
>>
File: LOL-I-TROLL-YOU.png (87KB, 755x1255px) Image search: [Google]
LOL-I-TROLL-YOU.png
87KB, 755x1255px
>>29194438
>>
>>29194256
you forgot dragon dance
>mega t-tar with 2 d dance can ohko everything in ubers
>>
I'm more interested in whether or not Aegislash will be nerfed.
>>
>>29183469
>fix Mega Mence
Why would somebody do that?
>>
>>29183492
I'm pretty sure Salamence doesn't get ESpeed
>>
>>29192503
>Mega's were a mistake and are banned now anyways.
For the first year.
>>
>>29194936
We don't know how long they're banned for. It's possible that MegaStones are permabanned like Soul Dew and Mythical Events.

Or it's possible the Mega's will only be allowed in the same years that they allow all the Legendaries.

It's completely entirely possible that Mega's are never going to be allowed in regular VGC ever again.
>>
>>29189429
You sound upset anon.
>>
>>29188110
I think Grass types should get more ground and rock moves.
>>
>>29192207
Mega Gengar is completely broken in singles because it learns perish song so it's basically a zero effort perish trapper. Perish song is only balanced by the fact that you have to spend two turns to make sure it kills something, one to trap it and one to song, and then survive 3 turns before switching. It's extra broken in 3v3 where a free kill on anything you want is basically a won match because nobody can afford the space to carry two counters for anything.

I use this core in Battlespot and it has an 80% win rate, it's completely brainless to play because of just how good Gengar is at removing literally anything that threatens to stop an Azumarill sweep.

Talonflame @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 172 HP / 244 Def / 92 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off / Superpower
>>
>>29195854
>singles
I don't give a fuck and neither does Game Freak

Just a sad reality for you bro, their official format is doubles for a reason. (Well, many reasons)
>>
>>29183485
actually sandforce t-tar would suck because if your sand goes away the ability is useless and you cant go back
>>
>>29195951
Or you could just add the 2nd sand setter to your team to help abuse it
>>
>>29183382
Mega-Salamence's ability is replaced with Cloud Nine or Anger Point

Mega-Metagross' ability is replaced with Iron Fist

Shadow Tag is now a Magnet Pull for Ghost-types (i.e. it only affects Ghost-type Pokemon)

Speed Boost only increases Speed once.

Mega-Lucario's ability is replaced with Justified
>>
>>29195854
you what, Perish Song Mega Gengar isn't even common, Destiny Bond serves a similar purpose and lets you be more flexible with your set. It's really damn good in 3v3 but Shadow Tag is only part of the reason, it's not broken
>>
>>29187456
Because Pinsir is a hyper voice abusing special attacker which shuffles intimidates in nonmega form.

Salamence and Pinsir do very different things.
>>
>>29194389
>Azumarill and Mega Medicham
>only decent

Nigga they're two of the most powerful attackers in the game
>>
remove mega stones
>>
>>29192503
Mega Garde, Sylveon, Mega-alt and Pinsir are far from being OP shit at all. They don't need a nerf, especially the weaker -ate users.
>>
>>29196349
Except they can try to counterplay destiny bond, there is no counterplay against protect sub perish song and substitute unless you're running taunt and/or faster than M-Gengar
>>
>>29196849
shittychan has a retarded design so its garbage
>>
>>29183941

Mega Pinsir was shat all over the moment Mega Salamence was revealed.

Let the -ate abilities burn. They're nothing but cop outs to megas not getting updated movepools for their new types.
>>
How about we just fix the series in general?
>get rid of all megas/primals
>-ate abilities no longer give a boost
>stealth rock caps at 25% damage
>power herb no longer works on geomancy
>gale wings only works on status moves and moves that are 60BP or less
>get rid of scald
>fairy no longer resists bug and is no longer strong against bug
>fairy is now weak against fire
>ice now resists water
>iron fist increases punching moves by x1.33 instead of x1.20
>physical hidden power

inb4 a bunch of whiny faggots complain.
>>
>>29200063
>"remove everything I don't like"

Also;

>physical hidden power
Regular hidden power is one of the few things that actually SHOULD be removed. Adding a physical one would just make the game one step more fucking boring. HP is fucking dogshit because it doesn't reward intelligent players who learn movesets from experience. Any fucking Pokémon could be carrying a surprise SE move, fuck that shit.

>B-But muh bro needs coverage
NO.
>>
>>29183411

If you disagree with this, you're a screaming cade/waifu or birdspam shitter who thinks that if Pinsir can't OHKO everything in the game with quick attack it's shit.
>>
>>29187775
Because it looks fucking AWESOME, and has some decent moves, but its stats prevent it from being used even in a fucking in-game team. Like... that's when you know that a Pokemon is fucking garbage. Being unable to be used in game is a sign that something went wrong.
>>
>>29188315
Clefable and Nidoking are still kicking ass, but I agree with the majority of other Pokemon.
>>
>>29200567
hidden power is weak, the opponent deserved to take you by surprise because they wasted a move slot for it
>>
>>29200063
Heath Capacity, ice should actually be weak against water, be glad they didn't follow actual logic here.

Megas are fine, primals are retarded balance wise.

-at abilities are OK, they are a lo boost to a stab move. It's just like lo protean Greninja, do you want lo banned too?

SR is perfect the way it is, it adds a layer of stuff to singles, sorry if you suck at hazard control anon.

Your hate for Megas and SR talks about how you prefer to use your favorites over a balanced metagame, refrain from posting and looking like a Karenfag.
>>
>>29200063
>>fairy [...] is no longer strong against bug

But it isn't.
>>
>>29194483
Smells reddity
>>
>>29200063
seconded
>>
>>29183382

Rebalance BSTs so people dont come up with retarded crap like this

>>29183411
>>
>>29202529
well fairy ressist bug, i think thats what he meant
>>
>>29203142
>no free life orb boost is retarded
>>
>>29191376
I like this.
I mean like most if not all water types can learn an ice type move cause of "muh cold water", it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for grass types to learn ground moves cause they use it for survival. So grass Pokémon would use them in battle to survive
>>
>>29188558

Not the other guy but your second point makes no sense since in universe Arceus is supposed to be the strongest
>>
>>29192725
well, the 20 on defenses was ok, since it needed a quality of life buff to be actually usable in game, still, light ball needs to double speed as well.
>>
>>29184206
I think I love you
>>
>>29187775

Because Ledian's not even viable ingame. It evolves fairly late for an early bugmon, it's level up movepool is absolute shit. At least butterfree had a good early stat distribution and then if you decide to keep it around for late game it gets things like Quiver Dance.
>>
File: 5678.png (147KB, 435x367px) Image search: [Google]
5678.png
147KB, 435x367px
>Mega Evolving consumes your turn like it does in the TCG

There, megas are dead
>>
>>29183411
I agree with with this, desu. The boost is unnecessary, it essentially lets these abilities do two things at once.
>>
>>29206178
>masuda (2)
>2

Anon..... I'm scared
>>
>>29183382
the only mega i want changed is mega glalie
and the change is very simple

change the order in which weather ball buffs are applied

>hail
>50 base weather ball buffed to 65 from refrigerate
>weather ball damage is doubled from hail to 130
>stab buffs it further to 195
>hail damage at end of turn

Literally all Im asking for
>>
>>29184058
growth
>>
File: 1470532004634.jpg (399KB, 1142x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1470532004634.jpg
399KB, 1142x1714px
>>29206362
>Multiplication isn't commutative now
what
x * 1.3 * 2 * 1.5
==
x * 2 * 1.3 * 1.5
>>
>>29191146
Anon pointed out that, unlike Serperior, it has moves to use the boosts with read it: Focus Blast, anon is wrong. It has a physically expansive moveset, but no moves to abuse Contrary with
>>
>>29191237
Two brave birds with a Rock Throw, that'd make Prankster activate turn 1 for Banette
All of my want
>>
>>29203489
>Arceus is supposed to be the strongest
DP remakes will change that eventually
>>
>>29184058

Is he okay in doubles?
>>
>>29207918
Not really. Lightningrod is ultimately a low value ability because it turns what is already an x4 resist into an immunity. It has mild utility in that he blocks twave and nuzzle but he's also frail and has the core problem that all megas not named Kangaskhan tend to have in doubles, that is they compete with them for a slot on a team since you can only bring one mega.

When there are retarded broken brainless to use megas, niche megas just have no chance because of the opportunity cost of not using the mega that is an objectively superior choice in 90% of situations is too high.
>>
>>29207918
If he had that as a non-mega ability it could carve itself a niche
mega opportunity cost kills it
>>
>>29207871
I don't really think that changes anything when Primal Arceus outclasses Arceus.
That's the same thing.
>>
>>29208598
What's the problem?

Arceus > Rayquaza
Primal Arceus > Mega Rayquaza
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.