[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy this game, a used copy >load it and the last save

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Black_2_EN_boxart.png (118KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Black_2_EN_boxart.png
118KB, 250x229px
>buy this game, a used copy
>load it and the last save is still there
>the previous owner beat the E4 and all that
>the save has the key to enable challenge mode
>think to myself "sweet, I'll start a new game in challenge mode"
>look it up and that's not possible because Global Link is dead and I don't have another Black 2/White 2 and another DS/3DS to transfer the key and then start a new game

What's the purpose of making this shit so complicated? Couldn't they just give us the option of choosing the difficulty before the game starts without this key bullshit?
>>
Yes they could have.
>>
>boot up old black 2 that I haven't played in a couple years
>decide I want to try challenge mode because bored
>delete save game
>go to key menu
>can't start change difficulty
>turn game off and haven't touched it since
welp, fuck this shitty key system that I never used
>>
>>29180892
Fuck, seriously? I just got this game and I really wanted to try challenge mode.
Fuck sake Gamefreak.
>>
Can't you just hack it? I'm not defending Gamefreak's shitty implementation of challenge mode but it could be an answer to your problems.
>>
>>29181673
How would you do that?
>>
>>29180892
>>29181439
>>29181574
FUCK FUCK FUCK.
Why would they kill Global Link and GTS?
>>
>>29182165
All DS wifi was being cut and BW2 was one of the last big titles to be released

It sucks since they did cool wifi shit
>>
>>29181673
With action replay you can do it.
>>
>>29180892
Somewhat related:
>Get a used LeafGreen
>Save is in Victory Road
>Kid didn't have Strength HM, still had GoldTeeth in inventory.

Felt bad for him
>>
>>29182165
Nintendo paid Gamespy for their Wii/DS Wi-fi service.

And it was good

And then all of a sudden, Gamespy fucking goes under and that's it. It's over.

B2W2, being released in the tail end of the DS era got fucked so hard in the ass at such a young age, Nintendo got an offer to become a priest.
>>
>>29182344
It, Crystal and Emerald were all great ways to go out on their consoles, it's a shame they all didn't sell as well as they should have
>>
I'm fucking STUNNED that no one has tried to defend the Challenge/Easy mode keys yet.
>>
>>29182434
Because it's retarded and I say that as a unovabortion
>>
Christ I hope they bring back hard mode in Gen 7. XY were stupidly easy.
>>
>>29182434
Because it's absurd. They could at least give us the possibility of restarting the game with challenge mode, but no, if you restart the game the key is gone.

What's even more retarded is the fact that Black 2 only unlocks the challenge mode key, while White 2 only unlocks the easy mode. Why the fuck would you want to change to easy mode after beating the league?

I get it that you're supposed to link with others and all that, but that coming in a gen where streetpass wasn't really a thing makes this a terribly tedious task. The fact that they made challenge mode a thing and then made it pretty unreachable for most players is irrational.
>>
>>29182434
Because it's fucking stupid.

It's like they made the "difficulty" setting so obtuse to even attempt to try as a means to justify never bringing them back.

Basically "Well nobody used these features so we shouldn't bring them back" when they themselves fucking set it up for nobody to use them.

That's self fulling bullshit Masuda would pull.
>>
>>29182534
I believe it has been deconfirmed already, but someone correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not sure if it was real news or fake leaks).
>>
>>29182582
Gen V did a lot of stupid shit to be frank. We lost so many actual features in the name of making it a 'reboot'.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.