[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEa UQJP_p1A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: pokemon-prism-logo.jpg (72KB, 1110x463px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-prism-logo.jpg
72KB, 1110x463px
Thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEaUQJP_p1A
>>
>this is a fan project
stopped watching there
>>
I think it'll be funny to watch them whine when they get shut down just like Uranium
>>
>>29177029
Looks great, can't wait to play it. Too bad it comes out after SM.
>>
Waste of time like all fangames in general.
Instead of banking by making a game heavily inspired by other games (think about Shovel Knight and Yooka Laylee), these idiots waste time modifying an already existing game that they can't even get money for. Plus, only a small part of people generally bothers with fanmade crap when they can easily play the real games.
>>
I played an early version of this a couple years ago and enjoyed it.
>>
>>29177129
It's a free patch for Crystal, they aren't allowed to take down a patch that had no funding

Unlike Uranium which stole assets and was supposed to be a game built from the ground up that was funded
>>
>>29177129
Uranium got shut down because the devs were retards that tried to profit off of it and had interviews with IGN. There are plenty of fangames that Nintendo doesn't give a shit about because the advertisers aren't retards.
>>
>>29177029
Anniversary Crystal and Brown were excellent games

I can only expect good things
>>
>>29177270
>>29177210
I know it's not pokemon but why did Nintendo shut down AM2R?
>>
stop advertising your shitty romhack here
>>
>>29177029
looks nice but
>december
Gonna be playing Sun by then, no way I can play another pokemon game in such short time
>>
>>29177165
But it came out last week?
>>
>>29177378
I think I heard a discussion about this somewhere else, if they don't make a product/use their trademark they're able to lose it if it goes unused for too long and it's probably why they created that unrelated Metroid 3ds game recently
>>
>>29177453
No, full version comes out in december.
>>
>>29177029
Oh look another fangame that doesn't even do anything remotely new or interesting once again. Can't wait for it to get shut down because it's not actually romhack, because you can't hack 60FPS into a Pokemon game.
>>
>>29177727
>nothing remotely new or interesting
It's like you didn't even watch the video
>>
>>29177727
I mean... It adds character customization to Pokemon Crystal. That's pretty commendable.
>>
File: 1476410690424.jpg (125KB, 960x540px)
1476410690424.jpg
125KB, 960x540px
>>29177029
I would play the hell out of this game if it was released this month, would be a good way to pass time while hyping for SM.

But the creator is basically competing with a official game, fangames like this are good between releases, not at the SAME TIME of a new generation.
>>
>>29177869
This
I can see it being successful only if SM somehow ends up being really bad.
>>
>>29177378
Because of some ad shit on the hosting site.
>>
>>29177029
Whether you like it or not this is some SERIOUS programming wizardry along with a healthy amount of polish

>Gen 2 as a base
>200 Pokemon
>Abilities are in the game
>Physical/Special split
>multiple regions
>Overworld sprite walking in each direction for every single Pokemon
>Trainer customization
>20 badges
>dungeons have sidescrolling sections like Link's Awakening
>all sorts of extra fluff like mining, etc.
>comment on twitch chat that it's amazing the devs managed to fit everything in and a dev actually replies that they have room to spare

And the game is actually workable on a GBC, i.e. if it were a cart it would run on real hardware as no hard modifications were made to the ROM.
How the fuck did they do it? This is seriously some expert level coding witchcraft
>>
>>29179715
Wait really? so it could be used in a flashcard
>>
>>29177176
>Instead of banking by making a game heavily inspired by other games (think about Shovel Knight and Yooka Laylee), these idiots waste time modifying an already existing game that they can't even get money for.

Autistic idiot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>29177129
Name me one Pokemon ROM Hack that was taken down by Nintendo. What's that? Uranium? No Uranium was not a ROM Hack. Oh you can't think of any other Pokemon hacks? Yeah, go join your Nintendo hatefeld circlejerk on the youtube comments while you continue to buy Nintendo stuff.
>>
>>29177727
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy#Technical_specifications
>>
>>29181667
What other rom hack in recent times had the publicity this was getting?
>>
>>29179715
They put their other things on carts why not?
>>
>>29177869
Man, i would totally play it right now just to do something while i wait for SM, too bad they are gonna wait 1 month after the release of SM, when everyone will be trying to look for something else after playing so much pokemon
>>
>crystal base
welp, it's trash.
>>
>>29177176
Two thing:
1. It's a lot less effort to modify an existing game than to make one from scratch. Modifying a game is something you can easily do in your spare time. Making a game from scratch is more than a full-time job. You'll need a team of people to make something decent.

2.Using an existing franchise makes it waaay easier to get people to actually play your game. I'm making a Pokemon fangame myself and I'm currently at over 100k downloads. There's no way in hell there I would've gotten that many people to play my game if it wasn't based on an existing franchise.
>>
>>29182237
>implying Crystal isn't the shit
>>
>>29182067
There's bigger and more well known Pokemon ROM Hacks out there that have been around for years with more publicity. Snakewood for example.
>>
>>29182802
yeah but isn't that known for being so cringey it's fun?
>>
>>29182237
Recent. Nintendo wasn't C&D'ing fan games years ago.
>>
>>29182837
What does that have to do with anything? It's an unofficial and popular ROM Hack that got a lot of press but the author never got a C&D.
>>
>>29182892
Fuck, meant to reply to >>29182802
>>
Looks cool
>>
>>29182953
They've always C&D'd fan games. It's just more well known now.
>>
>>29182091
Come on how do you not understand the scale of this?

>originally Gold/Silver were a mess and GF could not get it to fit on the GBC cart right
>Iwata came and cleaned it up so that the game had enough room for Kanto even
>on the same base, we have a game that has 200 Pokemon, two regions, 20 badges, abilities, Fairy, overworld sprites for all Pokemon, etc.
>>
>>29182984
I knew Iwata was a god, but Christ
>>
File: 1466904316999.jpg (36KB, 330x290px) Image search: [Google]
1466904316999.jpg
36KB, 330x290px
I am counting the hours until this gets taken down.

Also I don't know who asked for this, but I sure as hell didn't.
>>
File: 1474730772817.jpg (166KB, 806x524px) Image search: [Google]
1474730772817.jpg
166KB, 806x524px
>>29179715
Now if they keep the battling system we could wireless patch it and have local matches
>>
>>29177869
I'm a poor fag and too cheap to get a new phone or a 2ds to get sm. I would just get it to pass the time
>>
>>29183089
It's not getting taken down idiot.
>>29181667
>>
>>29183089
You're going to be counting for a long time.
>>
>>29177165
It was done on purpose, it was supposed to be released when tpp finished the game but they are waiting so it doesn't release in the midst of sun/moon hype
>>
>have a romhack fangame ready
>unleash it on a twitch chat
>refuse to put it out for everyone until far later

I don't even want to play it, but this is some goddamn bullshit.
>>
>>29183093
>pic
is that asanagi? if not sauce
>>
>>29183247
It wouldn't have been finished if it wasn't for the help the creator got in exchange for his giving it to TPP way before anyone else got it.
>>
>>29183247
3 things affected it

This >>29183792 they ported it from Gold to Crystal for them

Uranium and SM coming out to easy tensions of the thing coming out

And TPP works as a really good bug test
>>
>>29183753
Yes, it is him.
>>
File: 1462451324602.jpg (271KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1462451324602.jpg
271KB, 1600x1200px
>>29177869
It's not like it won't be there six months from now after the honeymoon phase ended with SM.

I'm really excited for Prism. I'm not watching the TPP run other than looking in once every few days to see progress since I want to remain relatively spoiler-free, but I really want to see what they do to Rijon, if it got a facelift to make it less of a Kanto clone. I especially want to see if the custom music for that region will get remastered to take advantage of Gen 2's better audio engine, I could see the Champion theme working great with a Gen 2-style rearrange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya42iEKbjIg

>>29179715
Don't forget they use PCM audio (the stuff they used for Pikachu's cries in Yellow) to give accurate-sounding cries for every Gen 3+ Pokémon. I imagine that audio would take up a good chunk of the ROM size, which means the code part of the game would be even smaller than we might think.
>>
>>29184227
>tune in
>they're fighting the seventh Gym Leader
>completely sweep them because of the Tyranitar starter

Makes me wonder how balanced this game is, I didn't consider how potentially overpowered a pseudolegendary starter could be. Tanked a fucking Moonblast with only half health.
>>
So many idiots in the youtube comments that don't know the difference between DMCA and C&D and believe that Nintendo took down Uranium. I feel bad for the people who worked on this game.
>>
>>29185720
>not expecting idiocy in youtube comments
that's your own fault famalam
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.