[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sceptile was the cannon starter. Blaziken-fags BTFO https:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 31

File: url-1476278584493_1280w[1].png (546KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
url-1476278584493_1280w[1].png
546KB, 1280x721px
Sceptile was the cannon starter.

Blaziken-fags BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU-TWKxDu2o
>>
>>29151228
ok
>>
>>29151228
Also, waifufags and Aquafags got BTFO as well.
Team Magma = Best team.
Male protags are the only canon ones. Eat shit, waifufags.
>>
>>29151228
Blaziken was May's starter.
>>
>>29151228
>Sceptile
>against team magma
RRRRRRREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29151228
>can't shoot shit
>cannon
>>
Blaziken is for girls
>>
>>29151557
Next episode will be about Aqua though
>>
>>29151557
This, so far. I hope they have Dawn for Gen 4, though. She's much better and more recognizable than Lucas.
>>
>>29151228
Blastoise is the cannon starter, anon
>>
For Ruby, maybe. But that's the non canon version, you know the third version is actually the canon one.
>Emerald involves both Aqua and Magma/Kyogre and Groudon/Water and Land
>there is a Water/Ground starter this gen
Nuff said.
>>
>>29151228
>implying there is a cannon story
>>
>>29151965
RSE are no longer canon, ORAS now take its place, and as we have seen so far, Omega Ruby is the true canon of all
>>
>>29151860

Not a chance, my man.
>>
>>29151886
Underrated post
>>
>cannon
I think that was Blastoise m8
>>
There's no such thing as a "canon" starter
>>
>>29152077
They're both canon since they happen in alternate universes.
>>
>>29151228
>cannon
Go back to school, retard. Also, there is no such things as canon starters.
>>29151557
Noeither are there any canon protags.
>>
>>29152077
ORAS is a alternate timeline. The Hoenn Zinna was talking about the meteorite would be dumped in was the original RSE one that didn't have the war or tech that led up to the events of the remake.
>>
Generations was a mistake. The only thing it does is starting autistic canon discussions.
>>
>>29151882
It will never happen, not because of some ultimate canon shit people sperg out about, but just due to marketing. 2/3 of the demographic are still young boys and they'll get triggered if they can't self-insert and have to see girl cooties like >>29151557.
>>
>>29152182
You are seriously misunderstanding how the Zinnia shit works.

This anon >>29152077 is completely correct. RSE exist as an "alternate universe", but that literally means FUCK all. For all intents and purposes, the remakes and "third versions" replace the old ones, as usual.

That's why Generations uses all the most recent redesigns in all the episodes. The most recent versions are always the relevant ones to Game Freak.
>>
>>29151228
>first episode: Red is using a bulbasaur
>third episode: Blue is using a blastoise
There is no such thing as CANON starter, OP
>>
>>29151612
It one shots a fucking flying Type with a grass move
It can't be stopped by fire
>>
File: 1475423901875.png (227KB, 869x717px) Image search: [Google]
1475423901875.png
227KB, 869x717px
>>29151228
>caring about canon in pokemon
>>
>>29152247
Maybe Blue Motherfuggin' Oak wanted a challenge and let his rival have the advantage.
>>
>>29152086
>>>>
>>
>>29152247
First episode wasn't Red you dumbfuck. They explicitly show "TRAINER", and what follows is a story-void action montage.

The second episode shows Blue with the same Starter he explicitly had in Origins, where Red chose Charmander.

It's very clear that they consider Red picking Charmander Canon. Why does this trigger people?
>>
Generations is shit
>>
File: embarrassing.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>29152333
This, 95% of the time the animation manages to be even worse than Origins', and that's a feat in itself.
>>
>>29151228
>Blaziken-fags BTFO

As a Blaziken-fag, wasn't it the Mudkipfags who were being all smug about being the "canon" starter because of Adventures and the Ashnime appearance?
>>
If Blaziken is canonically May's starter and Scaptile is canonically Brendan's, then Brendan must be the canon protagonist.
>>
>>29152320
>First episode wasn't Red
how can you be so idi...
>using words like "dumbfuck"
Explained. Another kid who discovered 4chan.
>>
>>29152422
Anybody who thinks the Anime or Manga is ever credible as Canon deserves to be BTFO

>>29152424
Duh? I think that's pretty obvious in the episode, considering it was Brendan in the episode infiltrating the base.

>>29152447
Stay salty dumbfuck.

>I-I don't have to refute anything
>You're just a kid! ;_;

So TRAIN-Ahem, I mean, "Red", also met Regigigas and perfect Zygarde at Kalos huh too! Tell me more! :)
>>
>>29151228
>cannon
Why is this board illiterate?
>>
>>29152487
>Stay salty dumbfuck.
Really underage?
It was never implied that was Ethan or Brendan as well, just "Trainers".
>>
>>29152422
>Mudkipfags who were being all smug about being the "canon" starter because of Adventures and the Ashnime appearance?
>mudkip was given to brock, who gets shafted by ash and may
>because of brock owning it, mudkip is literally the only hoenn starter that the anime didn't develop
>treecko and torchic evolve relatively early
>mudkip evolves during the battle frontier arc
>mudkip doesn't even reach its final stage
>>
>>29152531
>Ethan clearly infiltrating Rocket base, just like Ethan does in the games
>Ditto with Brendan and Magma base

Meanwhile TRAINER goes on a wacky adventure across every Region with Pikachu! Big. Fucking. Difference.

Ethan and Brendan were clearly showing the characters in events from the games. "Red" in the first episode was just a template for a non-canonical action montage.
>>
>>29152531
You already got BTFO, just stop replying
>>
>>29152594
well, we know that Red visited Unova for sure, because PWT.
Also, we don't know anything that happens after the games. How exactly does Red go to Mt. Silver? We don't know. Probably he visited another regions as well.
>>
>>29152639
explain exactly how I got "BTFO", samefag.
>>
>>29152650
Oh I never said Red doesn't go to other Regions. As you said, we know he does travel.

But the first Generations episode is clearly not representative of that. Origins, and Generations Episode 2, clearly show that Game Freak acknowledge Charmander as his starter. The first Generations episode was just an introductory montage, hence why they didn't even give the player character a name.

>>29152670
All you do is cry "samefag" and "underage" like a fucking child, while having no actual refutes to the points I made, because you know you have none. Just piss off, nobody wants you throwing a tantrum in the middle of the thread.
>>
>>29152487
You should go look that butt of yours, it is hurting you so much you cannot stop whining.

The first episode was just a cool intro, it means jack shit and so far Generations has stick with canon facts like all male protagonists and Silver being Giovanni's son.
>>
>>29152760
I assume you replied to the wrong post?
>>
>>29152709
They just used charmander to show the M-Zard X.
Still, there is no such thing as CANON starter(not cannon).

The fact that you gave me two replies at the same time, show us that you are the samefag. And using terms like "piss off", show us that you're underage.
>>
I thought the entire point of the first short was showing what Red did in between winning the league and you battling him on Mt. Silver, and why he has such an overleveled Pikachu.
>>
File: 3340[1].png (37KB, 452x573px) Image search: [Google]
3340[1].png
37KB, 452x573px
>>29151228
>Come in for waifu posting
>Nothing but salt
>>
>>29151882
>She's much better and more recognizable than Lucas.

Dawn's design is shit, people only like her because of her blue hair. Lucas has the best design of all pokeboys and will be the one appearing instead of Dawn. You waifushitters should accept your noncanon status already.
>>
>>29152487
Considering Ash-Greninja is a thing in Sun and Moon, the anime is canon.
>>
>>29152777
Been here since /vp/ was created. Not saying how old I am, but you can use your brain to determine that I sure as hell am likely, not underage.

Second, genius, you can't post two replies at the same time, because there's a post cooldown. The fact that you had two replies at the same time prove that the people replying to you were unique.

Jesus christ.

Also, you're """""points""""".

>They just used charmander to show the M-Zard X.
No they didn't, they even gave a backstory for Red picking Charmander, aside from the fact that it clearly is supposed to match his design and NAME.

>Still, there is no such thing as CANON starter(not cannon).
Firstly, I don't know why you're trying to correct my spelling. I was never one of the people spelling Canon incorrectly. Secondly, Origins and Generations Episode 2, are both clearly saying otherwise.
>>
>>29152783
No, it was just an introductory montage to show off all 6 Generations. Because that's what the series is about.
>>
>>29152844
I hope you're just trying to bait us nigga
>>
File: black-charizard-e.jpg (63KB, 650x425px) Image search: [Google]
black-charizard-e.jpg
63KB, 650x425px
>>29152872
>>
>>29152844
As canon as the Pokemon Contests or the pseudo-rivals who are just the female versions of the main characters.
>>
File: laugh__.gif (561KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laugh__.gif
561KB, 500x281px
>>29152845
>Been here since /vp/ was created
>you're """""points"""""
>you're
Here's the final (You). I'm not gonna give you another.
>>
>>29152896
Please explain how the anime can be canon to the games, with stuff like Iris being a completely different character, Ash going through all the Regions in a year, but the Timeline taking place over a decade, ect.

If the anime was Canon, Roxie would be a toddler when Ash met Misty.

Ignoring Timeline stuff, there's also all the blatant times Ash had interactions with game events, like Red Gyarados.

The anime isn't fucking Canon.
>>
>>29152905
>Gets BTFO again
>gives no response to the points other than reaction image
>meme arrows mistakes rather than responds to the points
>claims that he wont reply again, but probably will anyways, because he cant help himself
buh bye <3
>>
File: sceptile.gif (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
sceptile.gif
3MB, 600x336px
>>29151228
>Sceptile using their izuna drop from Pokken

Good shit good shit
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-15+at+09.45.11).jpg (307KB, 907x861px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-15+at+09.45.11).jpg
307KB, 907x861px
>>29152948
I don't have to explain how it werks, it just does.
>>
>>29152844
>the anime is canon.

Yeah man, the anime is canon.

That's why Giovanni ends Team Rocket in the games and he's still the boss in the anime.

That's why May starts her adventure with Brendan in the games while she's with Ash in the anime

That's why anime Mewtwo is a Darth Vader wannabe and game Mewtwo is a raging monster

That's why anime Serena is 10 and game Serena is 18. Oh, maybe Lysandre came back to life 8 years after Ash left amd everyone forgot about him.

Yeah man, the anime and games don't contradict each other at all, it all makes sense that it happens in the same universe.
>>
>>29152987
If anything this just means Ash as a character and Pokémon trainer exists in the Games.

The anime however, is not Canon.
>>
>>29153023
The Mega Evolution Specials are definitely canon, as well as a Trainer Ash that traveled through Kalos not too long before the events of X/Y.

Makes me think of the movie manga tie-ins that always imply Ash is traveling by himself.
>>
>>29151228
Original Universe
Male-Swampert
Female-Blaziken

Retarded Universe
Male-Grassfag
Female-both fire and water.

kekekek
>>
>>29153129
>Male-Swampert
The manga and movies aren't canon.
>>
>>29153086
The Mega Evolution Specials are not canon. They directly contradict the weather trio's lore.
>>
>>29153086
The Mega Evolution specials are just a part of the anime.

And they're not Canon, Steven does not use a Shiny Metagross, only a regular one.

The only thing we know is that Steven met a trainer with a "Black Charizard", which very likely was a nod to Alan, but due to the vagueness, could be left to be anybody. Hell, could have been Red!

Just because Alan has a black Charizard, and met Steven in the anime, doesn't suddenly make all of that shit Canon in the games. When you consider all the crazy shit with the Primals, in the episode, it makes literally ZERO sense. Not to mention the Timeline inconsistensies with Team Flare and Lysandre being in the mix, despite OR/AS being at the start of the official timeline.

So no, those episodes, like the rest of the anime, are NOT canon.
>>
>>29153144
>The only thing we know is that Steven met a trainer with a "Black Charizard"

And that they fought a Rayquaza together. And all this was because he saw a Shiny Beldum/Metang/Metagross in the player's party that reminded him of the incident.
>>
>>29153144
>Steven does not use a Shiny Metagross
I'm not saying this to contradict you or anything, but it is interesting to note that he actually does in the ORAS demo, and I think you need the event shiny Beldum to activate this dialogue

I agree the anime isn't canon but the characters probably are
>>
>>2915122
>team magma is a bunch of edgy madmen who probably worship Groudon

christ, I really prefer Team Rocket. at least they are more believeable and seem to be a bit more level-headed too.
>>
I'm so tired of people being so stubborn. Sceptile IS Brendan's canon starter. The two of them go together perfectly like PB&J.
>>
>>29153184
>implying Team Rocket wasn't edgy for killing Marowak
>believable
>OH NO! I DROPPED THE LIFT KEY!
>>
>>29153184
My only real problem with Team Rocket is that if you remove them, the game wouldn't really be affected, they just feel like a minor inconvenience
>>
>>29153177
I wouldn't say that Demo's are canon

And shiny Beldum doesn't really indicate Steven also canonically has a Shiny Metagross

>the anime isn't canon but the characters probably are
I can 100% agree on this though. I believe that this is all that is intended when Ash and Alan have been referenced. The anime, however, simply can not be canon, or we suddenly have the floodgates opening up for 1001 canon/continuity inconsistencies, where there are currently next to none.
>>
>>29153185
Even the animated Trailer shows Brendan as the Canon protag, with Sceptile.

Generations is just reinforcing the fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6zP7n0ais
>>
>>29153184
>christ, I really prefer Team Rocket. at least they are more believable and seem to be a bit more level-headed too.

There is nothing unbelievable about a bunch of crazy cultists with shitty ideas, though.
They are everywhere in this world, it might just be strange for you if you were only exposed to good groups, but where I live they are common.
>>
>>29153171
And in the Japanese version he even describes Alain a bit.
>>
This voice acting so terrible lmao.

You retards realize that they probably pick the male protagonist because the female ones have been in literally hundreds of episodes, right?
>>
>>29153225
>I wouldn't say that Demo's are canon
I agree fully, just felt it was interesting to note
>>
>>29153248
http://legendsoflocalization.com/did-pokemon-omega-rubyalpha-sapphire-just-suddenly-reference-alain/
>>
>>29153287
Lyra wasn't in many episode. And "Leaf" doesn't even exist in any continuity outside of the Mangoes. But they still treat Red and Ethan as canon.

We'll have to wait and see how they handle Gen 5, where none of the 4 protagonists were in the main anime.
>>
>>29151228
>caNNon
>>
>>29153287
>You retards realize that they probably pick the male protagonist because the female ones have been in literally hundreds of episodes, right?
Is this what waifufags say to themselves? Oh, the denial.
I wonder how long you guys will be able to keep in denial. I cannot wait to drink all your tears when we reach Kalos and not even a single girl has appeared.
>>
File: rip.png (163KB, 346x493px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
163KB, 346x493px
>that leaf storm on golbat
POKKEN IS CANON
>>
>>29152833
>The best design of all pokeboys.
wew
>>
>>29151228
Blaziken is usually May's starter, and the next episode could be about her against Aqua. Though they may just go with an Emerald route and have Brendan take on both teams.

And I don't understand why people are using Generations as evidence of anything. It's not following the games exactly.
>>
>>29154051
It's been pretty game accurate so far.

But we're still early on, so we'll have to see.
>>
>>29154078
It follows the game more closely than most other adaptions, but Generations is still its own canon.
>>
File: didyoujust.gif (1MB, 493x290px) Image search: [Google]
didyoujust.gif
1MB, 493x290px
>>29151612
>Thinking Team Magma is fire-based

It's ground. Team Flare is fire.
>>
>>29151228
swampert and team aqua are not canon?.

that must mean water is not canon as well.
>>
File: avatar_e968dcd38dc5_512.png (398KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
398KB, 512x512px
>>
>>29154051
The only reason GF decided to make Generation is to show events that the player couldn't see in-game. I don't understand why it wouldn't be canon to the games.
>>
>>29154143
There's been nothing contradictory to the game canon thus far. Generations was always supposed to be an expansion on the games, showing the stuff the player doesn't usually see.

Lance's side of the Rocket Hideout battles, Blue becoming Champion, ect.

It's completely canon to the games.
>>
>>29151228
Actually I'm pretty sure Blastoise was the cannon starter.
>>
>>29154051
>Blaziken is usually May's starter, and the next episode could be about her against Aqua.

The chances are pretty slim, though. Since they are focusing on giving the proper rivals of each game some screentime I suppose we will get an episode for Wally.
Also, something tells me Matt and Zinnia(blergh) will also appear. Between all these characters I doubt they will give any screentime for May, considering she already got enough of it in the Ashnime. If we have a Team Aqua version of the events I think they will just put Brendan or someone else who needs the screentime instead of May.
>>
>>29154203
The fact that Lance is the one to do most of the work including stuff the player does in the games is enough to show that Generations isn't 100% following the games.

Besides, some of Generations is just stuff that happens in the game except slightly different. Like the most recent episode. Generations seems to have slightly different interpretations of some characters (like Courtney being a lot more bubbly than she is in the games). And it's likely the next episode will be the same with Team Aqua.
>>
>>29154051
They aren't giving protagonist counterparts any screentime, otherwise Leaf/Lyra would've gotten some as well.
Next one will be a Wally episode, followed by a Fug episode.
>>
>>29154303
Kyogre is definitely going to appear, considering it's in the poster. In order for Kyogre to appear, Aqua has to be involved to awaken it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-02-14-52-55.jpg (82KB, 538x766px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-02-14-52-55.jpg
82KB, 538x766px
>>29152255
Double dubs confirmed. Brendan must've given him some serious ev training.
>>
>>29154225
yep that means water is not canon.
>>
>>29152255
A flying AND poison no less. The difference in their levels really shows.
>>
>>29154375
True, this means Team Aqua will get something.
At this point I just hope Zinnia won't appear. I don't want to see precious screentime wasted on her punchable face. Just give me Wally and Team Aqua doing stuff. Please, no Zinnia. Please.
>>
>>29154340
I think that's just incompetent writing.
>>
>>29154469
Agreed. I want an episode about Aqua and Wally, they both deserve episodes focusing on them considering neither Wally nor ORAS Aqua has ever been animated. Zinnia can fuck off though. Unfortunately I think there's a chance Zinnia will get an episode and not Wally but I hope not.
>>
>>29151228
Courtney still canon lusts after Brendan too.
>>
>>29154572
I haven't played ORAS yet- why is this zinnia so hated? Honest question.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (23KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
23KB, 500x320px
>>29151228
>tabitha redesign
>magma new clothing style

Still disgusts me.
>>
>>29152231
You're new to multiverses aren't you.
>>
>>29154340
>The fact that Lance is the one to do most of the work
>Lance fought 4 grunts.
Could've happened in-game.

>Lance fought Petrel who only used Weezing.
Could've happened in-game, since you he doesn't use a Weezing when he fights the player.
Generations Petrel clearly knows about Ethan, so it's possible he fought and lost to him before going after Lance with a different Pokemon.

>No Murkrow
This is one of the two things that Generations did a bit differently. It could be that the door that needed the pass was unlocked, but not shown, and the one Dragonite broke was a new door altogether, but that's stretching it a bit too much.

>Lance releases the Electrodes
This is the second thing Generations changed. He does this in-game too, but you split the job.

I'd say most of this is excusable.
>>
>>29154643
Oh piss off you pedantic little shit. Don't treat me like I don't know what the fuck I am talking about.
>>
>>29154656
You have so much to learn. You should probably take a look at comic books first.
>>
>>29154340
We don't yet know about Aqua getting an episode, or the context of it. We'll have to wait and see.

As for the Lance episode, there's nothing to say that's not how shit went down in the game. No shit Lance would be doing the heavy lifting in that situation. I always, even as a kid, imagined what Lance was doing at the time, probably mowing down grunts.
>>
File: 1473658961330.png (884KB, 1280x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1473658961330.png
884KB, 1280x1182px
>>29151557
aqua is still better ;^)
>>
>>29154572
>Unfortunately I think there's a chance Zinnia will get an episode and not Wally but I hope not.

That would be just unforgivable. If there is one character that doesn't deserve to be animated it is Zinnia. Generations team better not screw up like this.

>>29154597
>I haven't played ORAS yet

You are missing nothing, imo.
Don't even waste your time with the Delta episode, it is garbage. Zinnia is a Mary Sue tier character that gets away with all the retarded shit she does with not even a single apology. It is a tragedy someone was paid to write this shit.
>>
>>29154686
Been reading comics all my life.

Protip: Whatever you think you know that I somehow don't? Drop it.

You don't need to be a genius to understand how multiverses work, vs what is canonically relevant.
>>
>>29154619
>actually preferred when Tabitha was basically a grunt in a different pose
>>
>>29154733
>Been reading comics all my life.
I have my doubts about that if you're acting so close minded and ignorant of the subject.
>>
>>29153410
Jokes on you, as a waifufag I don't think any of the girls will appear either, simply due to the fact that they're less marketable to the main demographic.
>>
>>29154794
I actually just got done reading Crisis on Infinite Earths, so the irony here is astounding.

There is nothing I have said about the Pokemon Multiverse or Canon that is incorrect. Calling me "close minded" and "ignorant" is nonsense, and doesn't refute anything I say. It's just name calling because you don't like what I have said.
>>
Generations is canon only to itself

it's just one adaptation out of many
>>
>>29152231
>For all intents and purposes, the remakes and "third versions" replace the old ones, as usual.
Yeah no. They've outright been stated to be two different things. That's like saying Earth 1 was retconned by Earth 2 in DC.

Basically we may not see them again but they're still two separate things.
>>
>>29154597
Basically what the other anon said - she's really obnoxious. She's a new character who apparently orchestrated the major events in the game, nearly destroyed the world multiple times, can easily get the one-up on other (more well liked) characters, and gets away with everything with a smile.
>>
>>29154859
>I actually just got done reading Crisis on Infinite Earths
Yeah sure, you just Googled a DC crisis didn't you.
>>
File: 1476064667477.jpg (34KB, 720x380px) Image search: [Google]
1476064667477.jpg
34KB, 720x380px
>>29151228
>he thinks Pokemon has a singular canon, let alone that Generations decides what is and isn't canon
>>
>>29154597
Basically people just skimmed over her story and tried to piece together the plot. Their conclusion wasn't pleasing and it spread.
>>
>>29154927
No, I am subscribed to some thing that sends me two DC hardbacks a month. Pretty neat stuff

>>29154888
Wrong. The most recent versions are always the relevant ones. This is why in B/W, Cynthia refers to the Events of Platinum, rather than a something vague that could have included D/P.

This is also why Generations is using all the redesigns.
>>
>>29154728
>Gets away with retarded shit with no apology
Oh so she's a Creators Pet. The kind of character that gets preferential treatment and gets no comeuppance whatsoever. I hate her already.
>>
>>29154822
>Jokes on you, as a waifufag I don't think any of the girls will appear either

Good.

> simply due to the fact that they're less marketable to the main demographic.

This is correct. Pokemon is a series for boys. Putting cameos of the Male MCs in Generations give it a higher quality, becoming appealable for the main demographic. Also, it certainly makes for better scenes. Can we even imagine how lame that scene with Ethan in episode 4 would be if it was Lyra or Kris instead of him?
There is no way the male characters aren't the canon ones, they are true to the spirit of the pokemon franchise.
Meanwhile, the female versions are all over the place and totally look like they were just made to be cutebait meant to fool little girls into playing a game made for boys.
>>
>>29152905
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>29155024
Basically. GF tried to just make some quick event to show "ok we didn't make a Battle Frontier, but this 5 minute bullshit counts as postgame right?" But they didn't bother to make a good story, instead just "this chick caused everything but now you save the world hooray!"
>>
>>29155024
>Oh so she's a Creators Pet

Basically, yes.
Even her theme reeks of special snowflake syndrome. Zinnia is what happens when an artist from DeviantArt gets to make and write his OC Donutsteel in a pokemon game.
>>
File: IMG_1644.png (5KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1644.png
5KB, 168x168px
>>29155076
>>
>>29154880
>>29154957
This is what I've been trying to say. Generations is more accurate to the games than other adaptions but it still doesn't 100% follow them. It's its own separate thing. Generations doesn't supersede the canon of the games.
>>
>>29155076
I'm worried about your life now, anon. Will you actually survive it if in some kind of miracle event one of the girls actually ends up being used as the protagonist, or will you kill yourself because girl cooties have ruined your franchise for boys?
>>
>>29155148
This. Pokemon has a very loose canon. There's no point arguing over "lel Blazikenfags BTFO"
>>
>>29155148
Nothing in Generations contradicts the games. It's an expansion. It adds to the story, showing us things we previously did not know. Such as Looker being 1 step behind Red and Giovanni. Or Courtney having a vision.

You can say it's not canon to the games, but all that does it remove awesome supplementary content, that is clearly supposed to fit hand-in-hand with the games, because all of the episodes are created in the context of moments from the games.
>>
>>29155148
>Pokémon Generations revisits each generation of the Pokémon video game series to shed new light on some timeless moments. From the earliest days in the Kanto region to the splendor of the Kalos region, go behind the scenes and witness Pokémon history with new eyes!
>>
>>29155336
THIS

> to shed new light on some timeless moments

Clearly supposed to be adding to the canon of the games.
>>
>>29155201

Same goes for you, though. Don't kill yourself after Generations ends just because not even one of the girls has appeared.
Okay, real talk now: we both know they aren't going to appear. There is no point in arguing whatever they should appear or if they are canon or whatever, they simply won't appear.
Leaf didn't appear. Kris and Lyra didn't appear. It would be unfair to them if any other girl appeared at this point, don't you agree? They are going the sausage fest route and that is just as it is.
>>
File: 5ca.jpg (77KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
5ca.jpg
77KB, 600x587px
>>29154645
>>
>>29151882
Not going to happen, male protags are the canon choices for the primary games.
>>
>>29155303
>>29155336
So because Courtney is portrayed as bubbly and expressive in Generations, that supersedes her portrayal in OR as stoic and robotic? Because Dragonite breaks down the door instead of Murkrow using the password to open it, that's the canon of HGSS instead of Murkrow opening the door? Because Lance is the only one present to help the Electrodes, the protagonist isn't actually supposed to have helped as in the games?
>>
>>29153287
>This voice acting so terrible lmao.
Exactly, the Generations English dub is horrible.
>>
>>29152255
It oneshots a fucking POISON/FLYING TYPE

I dont care how high you base attack stat is that is not doing shit to Golbat due to quad resistance.
>>
>>29152255
Generation Brendan confirmed for overlevelling the fuck out of his starter
>>
>>29155462
>So because Courtney is portrayed as bubbly and expressive in Generations, that supersedes her portrayal in OR as stoic and robotic?
Her dialog is exactly the same. Animation just allows her to show more emotions than the in-game models. Are you now going to say that Brendan couldn't jump in game, so him jumping in Generations is bullshit too?
>>
>>29151228
Well, yeah, otherwise May wouldn't have her Blaziken.
>>
>>29155625
This. It's not Game Freaks fault if you interpreted her speech differently
>>
File: Rocket_Hideout_B2F_HGSS.png (41KB, 784x416px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket_Hideout_B2F_HGSS.png
41KB, 784x416px
>>29155462
It's a bit of a stretch, but the Murkrow and Electrodes scenes can be explained.

As you can see in pic related, the Electrode room is split in two sections. It's possible that the protagonist used the password and freed the Electrodes from one side, while Lance took care of the other.
>>
>>29155562
Didn't you see Brendan sprinting through the Magma Base? Dude is probably out at dawn every morning running with his mons. Looks like a super /fit/bro. No wonder the Sceptile is roided out too.
>>
>>29155462
There's some very minor creative liberties taken, but it's clearly supposed to be an add-on to the games.
>>
>>29155411
Like I already said I'm not expecting them to appear anyway. It would be nice if they gave at least one of them some spotlight but I'm not holding my breath and I don't really care either way. There is no fair or unfair about this or that protag appearing or not, in my opinion they either chose them semi random or just went all male because little boys will better relate to it. I kinda doubt that they have some big all encompassing canon though.
Also thank god that they didn't show Lyra, I will never not be mad about GF replacing Kris.

Completely unrelated, but I'm curious what they will do with N. Personally I think Zekrom fits his character and the story better but he gets pushed hard with Reshiram in merchandise due to both of them being so popular. In the end I don't really care there either, but I'm expecting a lot of shitposting from the black and whitefags when this episode comes around.
>>
>>29155857
Lyra > Kris

And I am glad "Leaf" is burning in Non-Canon Hell too.
>>
>>29153142
it's game story canon too
>>
>>29154978
>This is why in B/W, Cynthia refers to the Events of Platinum, rather than a something vague that could have included D/P.
Not him but you do realise this doesn't help your argument as that mention is
1) during the postgame and thus isn't canon
and 2) Before they established a legitimate multiverse at most they at pocket universes and reverse realities like the distortion world and what not.

In any case it doesn't replace the canon they're two separate canons with the focus being on the new one. Just like Jay Garrick and Barry Allen. Sure they were eventually meshed into one world but Jay Garrick was quickly left behind in favour of the life and times of Barry Allen as the definitive Speedster despite Jay coming first

Understand? There's an extremely large difference between being replaced in canon and a shift in focus.
>>
>>29155903
no its not, game canon is that Brendan has Sceptile. :)

no official media has ever pointed to Brendan having anything other than Sceptile :)

especially not Swampert :)
>>
>>29155924
>1) during the postgame and thus isn't canon
Stopped reading there.

Ok, I lied, I kept reading, so I can tell you that point 2 is wrong too, they first explicitly mention the Pokémon multiverse in B/W.

Sorry.
>>
>>29155950
>they first explicitly mention the Pokémon multiverse in B/W.
That's why I said legitimate.
>>
>>29155924
>In any case it doesn't replace the canon they're two separate canons with the focus being on the new one. Just like Jay Garrick and Barry Allen. Sure they were eventually meshed into one world but Jay Garrick was quickly left behind in favour of the life and times of Barry Allen as the definitive Speedster despite Jay coming first

Ok look, you are not wrong, at all. That IS how it works, so nether of us are understanding this wrong, so I am not quite sure what the problem is here.

I guess I just poorly worded my original post. I do understand how the Multiverse works. I do understand that the focus remains on the "newest" one. That, for all intents and purposes, is our Pokemon canon, even if the other versions exist in the multiverse.

Also on a side note, a lot of important Canonical events across the franchise have been in the Post-Game, so I would never claim that something is not canon because it's in the Post-Game. The only non-canon Post-Game stuff IMO is Legendary catching.
>>
>>29155964
Fair enough.
>>
>>29155924
>1) during the postgame and thus isn't canon

Some thing might not be, but I'd consider her dialog canon. If it wasn't, then it also means that she doesn't know the females in Unova. That Caitlin is lending her villa to a stranger for no reason.
>>
>>29156026
>a lot of important Canonical events across the franchise have been in the Post-Game
Such as? Because the only one at the moment is DE.
And that's arguable whether or not it's even postgame as it ties directly into the plot.
>>
>>29151886
Ba-dum-tish!
>>
>>29156076
Red defeating Rocket at Sevii Islands and restoring the connection to Hoenn

Ethan fixing the problem with the Magnet train, and finding Red at Mt. Silver

Delta Episode

Dawn/Lucas defeating Galactic at Stark Mountain

Hilda/Hilbert helping Looker arrest the Seven Sages

Rosa/Nate meeting N at his castle

Serena/Calem meeting the homeless girl Emma, and working with Looker to solve crime in Lumiouse.

Those are just one thing from each Region, but I am sure there is plenty more important story-centric events that happen in the post games that I see no reason to be non-canon.
>>
File: 1234556.png (238KB, 447x529px) Image search: [Google]
1234556.png
238KB, 447x529px
>>29155894
>Lyra>Kris
Say that to my face not online and see what happens, bitchboy.
If Lyra hadn't been a replacement I wouldn't even mind her much, her outfit is still kinda silly but I can see why some people would like the Mario aesthetic.
>>
>>29156206
Sorry anon, it's just a fact that Kris is a I honestly think both of them are pretty solid designs, and I agree both would have been nice.
>>
File: 1474303060024.jpg (130KB, 850x580px) Image search: [Google]
1474303060024.jpg
130KB, 850x580px
>>29156206
It's not just her outfit that we like, anon.
>>
>>29151228
Sceptile is only canon in the ORAS universe. In the RSE universe Torchic is the canon starter.
>>
>>29156257
I truly wonder where people get nonsense like this from
>>
>>29154597
I know it's been answered, but I wanted to throw in my two cents. I think people expected Zinnia to be the typical "love, friendship, Pokemon!" character, but she almost seems like she was pasted in from a different game. Her outfit makes her look like some wise traveler, but she bullies people around and is a huge smartass.

I didn't mind her at all, though. It was nice to see someone tell that self righteous anime cliche hero Steven to shut up.
>>
>>29156251
Well, aside from her outfit you can't really criticize much anyway. Without that silly ass outfit she's just another cute girl. The outfit looks retarded on Kris too, pokespe already showed that.
>>
>>29156270
>>
>>29156270
A mythical, leaked, future region called their ass.
>>
File: 1473562439985.jpg (467KB, 2078x2107px) Image search: [Google]
1473562439985.jpg
467KB, 2078x2107px
>>29156397
>that self righteous anime cliche hero Steven
>>
>>29156270
>>
>>29156441
What? He was.
>>
File: 1279315767294.jpg (304KB, 792x562px) Image search: [Google]
1279315767294.jpg
304KB, 792x562px
>>29156270
>>
File: 338px-Crystal_Kris.png (207KB, 338x598px) Image search: [Google]
338px-Crystal_Kris.png
207KB, 338x598px
>>29156411
The reason I like Lyra more than Kris is because Kris' hair looked stupid. Like, not just ridiculous- it was just bad.
>>
>>29155525
Japanese one when?
>>
>>29156270
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug2A0-ZrZrU
>>
>>29152905
This is what getting btfo looks like.
>>
>>29156493
>His hair is white under the band

What the fuck gamefreak
>>
File: 1469656796055.png (72KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
1469656796055.png
72KB, 210x243px
>>29152229
>being male
>thinking you can relate to a female
>>
File: Crystal_Adventures.png (29KB, 291x409px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Adventures.png
29KB, 291x409px
>>29156610
I think a lot of that comes from the old style, Brendan and May looked atrocious back then too. Hair wise I would say that Lyra is basically just a brunette Kris redesign anyway. It would most likely also fix the odd bangs, the anime and manga already gave her less of a balding problem.
>>
>>29156833
Holy fuck anon, that's sexist.
>>
>>29156833
>I can only enjoy media if I can self-insert
Please get out of your basement once in a while.
>>
>>29156844
Whatever the reason was, a lot of people, including myself, didn't like Kris. If they had changed her as much as they changed Brendan, they would've ended up with Lyra in Kris' clothes anyway.
>>
File: laugh2.gif (2MB, 415x323px) Image search: [Google]
laugh2.gif
2MB, 415x323px
>>29152971
you even give me 3 replies without any argument
nice """""""""cannon"""""""""", """"""""you're"""""" fag
>>
>>29156833
>men and women are mutually unintelligible
Leave your hugbox once in a while, dicklicker
>>
File: 1475014524064.png (18KB, 509x385px) Image search: [Google]
1475014524064.png
18KB, 509x385px
>>29156882
>I can relate to emotions that I've never had
You're living a life of lies anon
>>
>>29157011
>I can't empathize with other people

Primary symptom of autism.
>>
>>29156907
Well I wouldn't mind if Lyra was just a redesign and wore her clothes, I could even live with the hair color retcon, but they had to make her an all new character that just has a suspiciously simmliar hairstyle and that's what made a lot of nostalgia fags like me mad. There was no real need for that. She could have gotten a big redesign and still stayed Kris but they actually went and replaced her.
>>
>>29155562
A quad resisted STAB leaf storm is still 48.75 BP. Plenty to KO a low level mon with no EVs.

And it was Leaf Storm, Pokken made it an izuna drop.
>>
>>29155857
>Completely unrelated, but I'm curious what they will do with N. Personally I think Zekrom fits his character and the story better but he gets pushed hard with Reshiram in merchandise due to both of them being so popular. In the end I don't really care there either, but I'm expecting a lot of shitposting from the black and whitefags when this episode comes around.

I don't care about N, to be honest. I just want can't wait to see Hilbert.
>>
>>29157091
You can empathize with people who have nothing in common? You're delusional.
>>
Brendan (Rival) = Swampert
Brendan (Player) = Sceptile
May (Both Rival and Player) = Blaziken
>>
>>29158981
Brendan (ORAS Player/Rival) = Treecko
May (ORAS Player) = Mudkip
May (ORAS Rival) = Torchic
Brendan (RSE Player) = Torchic
Brendan (RSE Rival) = Mudkip
May (RSE Player) = Torchic
May (RSE Rival) = Mudkip
>>
>>29159156
Brendan (ORAS Player/RSE Rival) = Torchic unless
May (ORAS Player/RSE Rival) = Mudkip which then means
Breandan (ORAS Player) = Treecko
Brendan (RSE Player) = Mudkip
as well as
May (ORAS Player) = Tochic
but only if
Brendan (RSE Rival) = Mudkip
which in that case means
Brendan (RSE Player) = Mudkip
May (RSE Rival) = Mudkip...(!)
Brendan (ORAS Rival) = Treecko
Except in the case of:
May (ORAS Player) = Mudkip
>>
>>29157207252

252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Golbat on a critical hit: 93-109 (82.3 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

this is using a level 63 sceptile (level it learns leafstorm) and a level 37 golbat, which I think is the level it is in the base
even with a crit golbat isn't going down and thats already really overleveled for a sceptile at that point in the story
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.