[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any chance that the demo won't get datamined? Could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: image_1466783525_37679745.jpg (75KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
image_1466783525_37679745.jpg
75KB, 1000x500px
Is there any chance that the demo won't get datamined? Could Gamefreak prevent it?
>>
>>29149735
Very slim honestly. That's I'm leaving on Monday.
>>
>>29149751
i'll miss you baby
>>
hopefully they will prevent it
>>
It will get datamined but they'll prevent it from having major leaks
>>
No chance at all, miners have all the time they need to data mine it while GF is limited in how they can clean it up. Miners will also have more people working on it and odds are, a few of them will be clever autists.
>>
>>29149735
they don't care, if you want to get spoiled then go ahead but then don't start complaining like ORAS that you knew everything before the release
>>
has anyone else been banned from 4chan?, i just did for posting a Cory In The House thread in the anime and manga board.
>>
who invented datamining?
>>
>>29149947
Testicle-heads!
>>
>>29149735
>Could Gamefreak prevent it?

Ya, not releasing a demo. Maybe after this gets datamined again they'll learn
>>
>>29149735
Game Freak could prevent it by having the demo not include the non-Demo data. Otherwise it WILL get mined no matter how hard the attempts at obfuscation.
>>
It wont get datamined since Nintendo's eshop server will implode as soon as the demo releases and no one will get the chance to download it
>>
>>29151054
>Game Freak could prevent it by having the demo not include the non-Demo data

Even then we'd be able to learn some stuff that is essential to the demo's functionality, such as the level up learnsets and base stats of every pokemon included.
>>
>>29149855
But at this rate they'll reveal everything relevant about the games before launch anyways. We're only, what, 10-20 mons away from having the full dex? Not to mention we're just over a month away from release. I think GF is going to blow their load again without the datamine.
>>
>>29149735
Yeah, but do you think GameFreak actually cares at this point?
>>
>>29151107
This will happen. It happens literally every fucking time. Because Nintendo under estimates this sort of shit every single time.
>>
>>29149751
But you'll miss the party
>>
>>29149735
They can't prevent it. They can not include all the data from the full game in the demo, though.
>>
I'd be more concerned with the inevitable full game leak.
>>
>>29149735
No. No matter how good a programmer is, there just has to be one programmer that's equally as good.
>>
>>29149751
So monday is when the datamined info will leak?
>>
>>29151566
I've heard that it's when the Japanese Demo gets released, not the international one.
>>
>>29151428
It's confirmed review copies will go out 2 weeks in advance, so around Nov 6th is when I'd bet my money.
>>
>>29151390
>They can not include all the data from the full game in the demo, though.
What are the odds on that happening?
>>
>>29149735
It's possible they took out all unnecessary information but not likely.

If they did they're hiding something huge, that's the only reason they would put in so much effort.
>>
>>29152581
They won't. GF is too lazy. Nintendo in general is actually. Think of all the Smash and Splatoon leaks.

They didn't attempt to hide a single thing in ORAS's demo
>>
Why would they bother?
ORAS was datamined but it still sold amazingly well.
>>
>>29153161
But ORAS was a remake so there wasn't a lot to learn from datamining.
>>
>>29153175
Correct, but it still spoiled a lot of new stuff and crucial details.
>>
>>29149979
>implying that Game Freak doesn't realize that the thing will get datamined
They probably don't give a shit, because in the long run it really won't affect their sales in any meaningful way.
>>
>>29151562
Well it doesn't matter how good a programmer is, they could simply remove every bit of info not used in the demo from the demo to prevent this sort of situation.
>>
>>29153227
this sir is right, and that's precisely why we are going to know everything about SM in a couple of days after the demo releases
>>
>>29149735
It's possible to prevent it if GF put in the work. But GF probably won't take all the time to scrub it all
>>
>>29153175
It still spoiled the Delta Episode before it was even announced.

However with the leaks we've gotten so far I have a feeling they'll be playing it safe this time around.
>>
Welp, at least I can finalize my team from the datamine...
>>
I've got a thing worrying me a lot, idk where to post about it.

Does anybody feel like Sun and Moon could have split endings, going against the different teams (Sun-Skull / Moon-Aether)? I would not want to skip any content with Guzma in it.

Not as extreme as RS/ORAS, but def a segment about UB, seeing how Gladion/Expansion is Sun-exclusive and Lusamine/Beauty Moon-exclusive. Any thoughts? Any relieving words? Im a "pale colour" fag (Moon, Sapphire, Y...) but I would switch to Sun if that means more Team Skull content.
>>
>>29152491
very low
>>
>>29149735
Well yeah, they could, but doing so takes time, a lot of time, you gotta test it to make sure it still works after scrubbing the data, and then if it doesn't you need to keep making changes until it does.
Considering the ORAS datamine didn't appear to effect sales, they may simply decide its not worth the time, effort, and money.
>>
>>29149900
no but nice dub dub
>>
>>29149735
>Is there any chance that the demo won't get datamined?
No
Yes but they won't.
>>
>>29149735

It's impossible to stop Hackers/Leakers.

Just accept it and move on.
>>
Couldn't the binary files just be encrypted? Idk if the shop channel has that ability.
>>
if you think this demo is gonna be a separate game entirely from the full game.. there will be nothing to datamine! MAYBE starter's final evos or stats/info on any pokemon appearing in the demo but nothing else
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.