[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to assume that we won't get any non-Kanto Alolan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

Is it safe to assume that we won't get any non-Kanto Alolan Form pokemon now?

Makes me sad.
>>
Yeah. Completely wasted fucking opportunity. Took a cool idea and turned it into a genwun circlejerk.
>>
>>29149250
Alolan Arceus is a thing
Quads confirm
>>
>>29149267
>Took a cool idea and turned it into a genwun circlejerk.
next game will just have Gen2 forms for that area.
>>
>>29149293
Sure. Just like we were getting Gen 2 Mega Evolutuons for the starters this generation.
>>
>>29149293
yeah sure
>>
>>29149250
gen1 pandering is getting really annoying here
>>
>>29149337
>>29149337
Mega's were a mistake.
We have Z moves now son.
>>
>>29149267
Why does GF keep catering to genwunners this anniversary year when the defining characteristic of genwunners is being spiteful grandpas who hate everything GF has done since 1998?
>>
>we're introducing delta species!
>holy shit that sounds awe-
>by the way, it's Gen 1 exclusive
>and it's mainly just "what if this thing was dark or ice, derp"

And you know this feature is going to die after SM
>>
I really wonder how we're going to be able to get Alolan forms in games that don't take place in Alola. Bank-only (like the other three forms of Deerling) or some sort of postgame area 'where the atmosphere is close enough to Alola causing new forms of old Pokémon to appear'?
>>
>>29149250
Yes. Makes sense to me.
Alola is near Kanto, so naturally some Kanto mons migrated over to Alola.
>>
File: 1424078631219.jpg (137KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1424078631219.jpg
137KB, 803x688px
>>29149382
which the special ones are all signature of Kanto mons
>>
>>29149275
Why would a literal god have to adapt to a specific habitat?
>>
>>29149799
Alolan area in a Safari Zone, perhaps?
>>
>>29149250
yes. they clearly did it with the intention of dragging in fucking normies that liked Go.
>>
>>29149867
well on the 7th day god rested, so he must have probably went to Hawaii for vacation
>>
>>29149799
Probably bank only, and babies ofAlolan pokémon are still Alola Form.
>>
>>29149883
I'm sure they already had these designs ready long before Go was a thing.

But yes, only gen one Pokemon this time. Regional forms will be a thing from now on, I expect some on the gen IV remakes
>>
>>29149806
By that logic, it's also near Johto. They're the same island split into two halves.
>>
>>29149250
If it is just Kanto Pokémon, I'd hope that it would at least be more than just a handful of lines (and not even full lines, for that matter).

It's an amazing concept with what seems like great execution, so it would be a shame if they limited it to, what, less than two dozen Pokémon?
>>
>>29149929
I hope Sinnoh forms add in a bunch of Fire types in that case. Mostly ones from Gen 2 and maybe some 5 and 6 mons would be ideal to get a good mix of remixed older mons and some newer mons that weren't in Sinnoh originally plus some Megas for Sinnoh mons. Make the evolutions of older Pokemon actually available in the fucking main story this time too. One of DP's biggest issues is that all the new Pokemon available before the game ends are awful and all the good ones are after you've beaten it and evolve in fucking retarded ways.
>>
Where's my Alola Slowbro then? There where Slowpoke in some of the trailers.
>>
File: 1462263869130.png (182KB, 1042x719px) Image search: [Google]
1462263869130.png
182KB, 1042x719px
>>29150115
>expecting pokemon who got a mega to also get an alolan form
>>
>>29149250
i wouldn't be surprised if it's just a marketing thing
imagine thinking that there's only gen 1 alola forms, then actually getting the game and running into an alolan buizel. it doesn't matter how you feel about buizel, you'd still shit your pants
>>
File: Alola.png (132KB, 831x828px) Image search: [Google]
Alola.png
132KB, 831x828px
>>29150115
Sorry to say Anon-Kun, but we already saw a regular Slowbro in one of the trailers
Only those in the first two tiers are likely to get an Alolan form

Also you know what would be nice trolling
If Vileplume gets an Alolan form but Bellosom doesn't
>>
>>29149799
Safari zones probably.
>>
>>29150369
Remove Primeape
>>
>>29149894
Topu Keko
>>
>>29149293
>Sinnoh-form johtomons
I don't want to think about this
>>
>>29150369
>alolan vileplume but not bellossom
Would they really pull a dick move like that?
whoever dares to pull the "bellossom = alolan vileplume" meme will die in their sleep today
>>
>>29149883
This, dont know how they'd be stupid enough to think this gen1 pandering would convince normies to buy a 3DS and SM though.
>>
File: pr_alola-770x562.png (734KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
pr_alola-770x562.png
734KB, 770x562px
>Alolan Nidoqueen [Fighting/Poison]
>Alolan Nidoking [Fighting/Poison]
>Alolan Tentacool/Tentacruel [Water/Electric]
>Alolan Farfetch'd [Fighting/Flying]
>Alolan Doduo/Dodrio [Ground/Fighting]
>Alolan Omanyte/Omastar [Water/Ground]
>Alolan Kabuto/Kabutops [Water/Fighting]
Here's your last Alolan Forms. Are you satisfied?
>>
>>29151683
>Would they really pull a dick move like that?

Mega Slowbro, no mega Slowking
>>
>>29149250
>>29149267
Possibly part of the reason this is the case is that types that either weren't prevalent or didn't exist during Generation I (Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Dark, Fairy, etc.) are getting some more representation. That doesn't mean I'm happy with the decision, but at least you can see what they're doing. (On that note, Generation II DID only add one new Ghost-type and one new Dragon-type.)
>>
>>29150096
play platinum
>>
>>29149799
Bank
>>
>>29151751
Yes.
>>
>>29151762
When they added fairy then went back and changed types anyway. I don't see why they couldn't do the same thing with dark and steel and give some other mons from gens other than gen 1 some cool new variants.
>>
>>29149799
They really bit themselves in the ass with form name.
>Mountain vulpix
>Beach raichu
>Sunny exeggutor
Poor examples, i know, but something so simple would have given them a lot more freedom down the road.
>>
>>29149250
there will be johto and hoenn alolan forms
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.