[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can anyone dislike this Pokémon? It has neat typing and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: kommo-o-pokemon.png (149KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
kommo-o-pokemon.png
149KB, 500x281px
How can anyone dislike this Pokémon? It has neat typing and looks absolutely badass in a gen filled with barely any cool designs.
>>
I wanted a tank, not a skinny-ass bitch with jewelry.
>>
Really overdesigned
>>
>>29139165
Because muh Dragon/Steel.
>>
>>29139165
Too much scales/colors on the scales
Its head looks fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>29139165
It has shit art, like most other Gen 7 mons
>>
>>29139165
>Gen Filled with Barely any cool designs
What is Type Null, Silvally, Tapu Koko, The Box Legendaries, Rockruff, Lycanrock, Lurantis, Alolan Forms, Salandit, Wimpod, Etc
>>
>>29139184
Fuck off with the shit opinions, Brett you tripfag
>>
>>29139165
THE THIRD STAGE OF AN ANGRY DRAGON THAT LIKES TO FIGHT SHOULD NOT BE COMPLEX
IT SHOULD BE CUTE AND ROUND LIKE JIGGLY PUUUUUUUUUUFF
>>
>overdesigned
>weird unfunctional arms (specially for a fighting-type)
>pmuch everything in its design screams steel-type yet its fighting
>shit palette
>>
>>29139257
>pmuch everything in its design screams steel-type yet its fighting
>armor of any kind automatically makes something steel
>being grey makes something steel
>>
>>29139165
His face looks like a dragon, so it's ok for me. Too many "dragon" Pokemon don't look like dragons
>>
>>29139184
>skinny-ass bitch

LOL, it could splat your brain all over the floor with a punch
>>
>>29139165
This Pokemon is a complete monlet.
It is 5'03"
5 FEET 3 INCHES
F
E
E
T
I
N
C
H
E
S

My midget roommate is taller than that.
>>
>>29139322
Also, Bewear is 6'11" and Silvally is 7'07". This badass dragon is shorter than a dog and a teddy bear.
>>
File: Lycanroc smug.png (126KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
Lycanroc smug.png
126KB, 400x308px
Biped druddigon evil! EEEVVVILLLL.....apparently for some people
>>
>>29139184
If only Livdisc evolved into the badass Alomomola
>>
>>29139278
yes.. it normall does..
>>
>sky uppercut
>going by its dex entry his strongest fighting move will probably be hammer arm

JUST
>>
>>29139309
Autism
>>
>>29139974

>Determining movepools by dex entry.

Wew
>>
>>29139165
Honestly I expected the 3D model to win me over, but Jesus Christ those proportions. Its honestly not too bad, but they went over bored on the scales. Its not over designed, but rather its design is focused in just the wrong places.
>>
File: CuwaDP-UsAAOKwb.jpg:orig.jpg (78KB, 876x750px) Image search: [Google]
CuwaDP-UsAAOKwb.jpg:orig.jpg
78KB, 876x750px
>>
>>29139376
>Silvally
>dog
It's a chimera.
>>
I don't really like its default stance
>>
>>29139184
Buttscab/Alphaville/Brett stop posting your opinions on this board, you're not wanted here.
>>
>Bipedal
Fuck this gen
>>
>>29139218
>too """"much"""" scales/colors

Must be American.
>>
>>29139165
>neat typing
Yes.
>looks absolutely badass
Those scales give me flashbacks to Mega Aerodactyl's rocks.
>>
>>29139184
God, get off this board, no one likes you
>>
>>29139165
I feel bad, but I like it.
Ornamental war-armor design, battle fan on its tail, looks like its the kind of dragon that charges head-long into battle and starts wailing on anyone in its way.
I can imagine it swinging its tail like a flail.
>>
>>29139165
>It has neat typing
that makes 0 sense when considering the overall design, the only hint at fighting-type is the monk-staff tail which could just as easily reference Steel, which far better matches a dragon that has metal scales that clang to make disorienting noise, the thing can't punch, it has low mobility, the typing makes no sense when they could've made it stand more upright and fixed the arms to making fighting type fit
>looks absolutely badass in a gen filled with barely any cool designs
so far sure, but we know two of the starters, Silvally and Vikavolt all better deliver on the cool Pokemon category. Kommo-o is a dropped ball design, just like Bounsweet imo.
>>
>>29139188
Bingo
>>
>>29139165
is the tenth same line.
>>
>>29139184
Fuck off you stupid tripfag. Go do you fucking homework or something.
>>
>>29139188
No it's not, it's literally perfect
>>
File: images-2.jpg (7KB, 249x170px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
7KB, 249x170px
>Yfw when this is a tank with high attack
>It's new attack hits special defense or has a crazy secondary effect
>Gets iron head,drain punch,and dragon dance
>>
>>29139165
I do think it's a tad overdesigned, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't look good. Scale armor is a cool concept for a dragon.
>>
>>29139188

Really not if you bother reading the info on it.
>>
>>29139188
>>29139194
>>29142315
What's overdesigned about it?

It just has scales (acting as armor and a tail weapon like a dinosaur) and some fur. Looks good and matches its lore
>>
I really like it, design and typing.

"Overdesign" isn't a real thing btw desu senpai
>>
File: 1475603229927.png (355KB, 1048x779px) Image search: [Google]
1475603229927.png
355KB, 1048x779px
>>29144561
Dragon's back on top baby
>>
> It has too many scales, it's overdesigned!!!

Except the dex states that it uses the scales for:

> staving off the "darkness" via reflected lights
> letting others know it's around
> Armor
> An actual move
>>
>>29139184
alomomola
>>
File: 1475815240977.png (368KB, 426x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475815240977.png
368KB, 426x500px
>>29139188
>can't come up with a convincing criticism
>just call it overdesigned

why do people like you even bother posting
>>
It's a fucking mess. Looks more goofy than 'cool' imo.
>>
>>29142759
If this was leaked by some /vp/oreon you'd be shitting on it
>>
>>29139188
Who gives a shit? It's a cartoon dinosaur.
>>
>>29139188
It's actually deceptively simple. The scales cover vital areas and the tail is a mace. Not any more overdesigned than Nidoking who has spikes covering its vital areas and a horn
>>
>>29139165
I just don't like his coloring.
Yellow and grey just aren't appealing.
>>
>>29141147
wtf i love kommo-o now
>>
>>29145053
Gold and grey, nigga. It's armor.
>>
I hate the goofy looking tail, the arms are a bit too long, and those wierd side scales are unnecessary. They shouldve cleaned it up - the 2nd evo looks better imo.
>>
>>29139165
It's not too bad, i like the concept of warrior-dragon, but seems too skinny, that small head it's out of tune withe those big autistic arms.
Futhermore it has sime details that are similar with other pokemons: the crown reminds me furfrou head, the big arms and his position are similar to kyurem-black...
Seems not so "tanky"
>>
>>29139165

one of my favorite he's amazing
>>
>>29139165
>This thread again
Oddly enough, it's the people who supposedly like Komo-o who seem to need their opinion validated; usually it's the other way around.

>inb4 CONTRARIAN!
Not really. I mean, I do think Komo-o could have a better design, but I don't hate it.
>>
>>29144716
>Dragon/Fighting
>untop of anything when we have Phychic/Fairy, Steel/Fairy and Ghost/Steel

Nigga go be autistic somewhere else. This shit will do some damage but even Gardy will mop the floor with it
>>
>>29139165
I like it, especially the idea and lore behind it, the design is pretty neat all in all. However, I don't like it enough to add it to my team. I neither like the typing very much nor his model/animation, especially his hand animation looks silly to me.
>>
>>29139165
3D model and animations are ass
>>
it's nothing simple, but with a few small tweaks it could have been amazing.

also it subverted the expectations people had of the 1st evo in the tree
>>
Reminds me of the Haxorus line for some reason except not edgy.

If this thing isn't fast it's going to suck ass.
>>
>>29139165
Is literally overdesigned:

Too many superfluous design elements that add nothing to it im paritcular whilst making its silhouette needlessly complicated.

We get it, it has scales. The khakkhara tail is actually a really nice touch as is the gauntlet things. Even its sort of Aztec inspired feather-reminiscent headress in theory is nice, but the execution is clumsy. It has too much going on with its head and sides. Simply too many scales.

The fact that this is almost certainly the pseudo this gen too now is something I would also class as a wider design flaw with Gamefreak being such shameless Dragon type shills. For shame.
>>
>>29144603
Lol yes it has scales. As if they couldn't be executed in any possible other way. Gtfo gamefreak apologist.
>>
>>29144643
Overdesign is a thing: superfluous and incongruous design elements.
>>
>>29148423
Not that anon, but personally I would classify superfluity and incongruity as poor design, not over.

Because unlike say, purchasing materials, you literally cannot go over a certain limitation. For designing there is no, or should be, such thing as a limitation; which is what being "overdesign" implies.

Putting it simply, a design cannot be "overdone", but it can be "poorly done".
>>
>>29148614
>>29148614
I would say over in the sense of hitting you too hard in trying to evoke design elements. Hence over-design. Not that there is a necessary suffient to art, more a pleasing median point. Think of terms like oversaturation (when talking about colour) or over exposure with light. Overdesign is over egging visible aspects of a design to thus make it seem unpleasingly more complicated than it needs to be to be effective as a design.
>>
>>29139188
it's not
>>
>>29139165
Overdesigned piece of shit.
>>
>>29148682
I can see where you're coming from. But I would argue that putting too much into a design would still be called poor stylistic choices.
Over-design would be like calling someone wearing too much blue clothes to "overwear" the color blue, i.e. it doesn't make sense.

Writing that, I realized that we're just arguing semantics, which probably will never get resolved.
So let's leave it as us having a different interpretation over what "overdesign" is and isn't.
>>
>>29148401
>details = overdesigned
>i'll drop the word silhouette so it looks like I don't know what I'm talking about
>>
>>29139165
Looks like one of those animals you see covered in ticks. You can no longer unsee this.
>>
>>29139188
This to be honest famalam
>>
The scales hanging off everywhere makes the rest of it look weak and vulnerable
>>
>>29144603
Just because something has features from other places doesn't mean it's not over designed
>>
>>29150624
Plus they themsleves look paper-thin and flimsy
>>
>>29139165
It has a lot of cool features of dinosaurs and monks and what not

But it's just too much
>>
>>29139165
Thought it was trash until seeing it in 3D
>>
>>29139165
Too visually noisy around the head. Looks like TV static in gold, red, and gray.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.