[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The alola forms showed us something new about the pokemon A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 143656326920.jpg (197KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
143656326920.jpg
197KB, 500x563px
The alola forms showed us something new about the pokemon

All the pokemon can suddenly adapt to new habitats

This process is called Lamarckism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamarckism
>>
No
That's not how lamarckism works.

This is just mutation, which is a regular of evolution and speciation.

Take a biology class.
>>
>>29138546
>>
>>29138634
No, in evolution each individual evolves independently, but in lamarckism all the species evolves in parallel
>>
>>29138877
>in evolution each individual evolves independently
I didn't know Brannon Braga posted on /vp/.
>>
not lamarckism. just regional variation which is a product of natural selection.

the only things in pokemon that are similar to lamarckism would be passing down of egg moves and iv's (especially considering that iv's can be changed now)
>>
>>29138877
>but in lamarckism all the species evolves in parallel
This is wrong.
>>
>>29138546
So is this an image that is trying to point out terrible anatomy in anime boobs? Because that's a pretty rampant problem, but I'm not sure that image explains that concept well enough.
>>
>>29138546
>>29138877

God fucking dammit. This is what not teaching evolution in school does. It makes a bunch of fucking retards who think that Lamarksism is anything other than a fucking joke. READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE YOU POSTED.
Lamarksism would mean that every time you go to the gym, your genome gets rewritten. This is fucking stupid.

>Shoving a bunch of bottlecaps into a Pokemon's bloodstream alters their genetics, and thus can (maybe) be passed on via breeding with a Destiny Knot.
Well, fuck. OP's right. Still a moron but he's right.
>>
>>29139148
Those are particularly bad. Either those tits are made out of concrete, or she is wearing the mightiest bra I have ever seen.
>>
>>29138546
>Io Nitta Devil Survivor 2
>>
File: ds2_pt_03_thumb.jpg (30KB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
ds2_pt_03_thumb.jpg
30KB, 324x244px
>>29138709
Can we just have a Fumi thread and be done with it?
>>
File: 1459632702831.png (125KB, 473x440px) Image search: [Google]
1459632702831.png
125KB, 473x440px
>>29138546
Lamarckism is the theory of evolution that the traits ACQUIRED OR LOST in the animal's lifetime can be passed to the species' OFFSPRING. So if EVs were heritable, the alolan form and all moves were heritable that would be lamarckism. If a person's arm was amputated and their children had amputated arms that would also be lamarckism.

The definition of a species is that it can interbreed to produce fertile offspring. Therefore, a Pokemon 'species' is not really a species per se - that's technically divided by egg group.

Source on lamarckism: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3730912/

t. anat/phys major
>>
>>29138546
either genetic mutations that made the pokémon change form and made it pass down the next generations.
or the species slowly changed along with the surroundings.
>implying regional forms is a new concept
>arbok
>shellos
>pokémon from the orange islands (not sure if canon to the game but fuck it)
>>
>>29140636
>The definition of a species is that it can interbreed to produce fertile offspring

You mean CAN'T interbreed to produce fertile offspring.

Or can interbreed but produce infertile offspring.
>>
>>29141912
Two different species can't interbreed to produce fertile offspring.
Two members of the same species can interbreed to produce fertile offspring.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.