[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've seen people saying that Generations is a western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1476329719329.jpg (48KB, 830x468px) Image search: [Google]
1476329719329.jpg
48KB, 830x468px
So I've seen people saying that Generations is a western made production but Courtney's lip sync didn't match.

Are we sure it isn't made by a japanese studio? Even Avatar didn't look as anime as this. I'm pretty sure it's made in Japan.
>>
>>29138315
>Generations is a western made production

Whoever thinks that is a fucking retard.
>>
>>29138350
Generations isn't on MAL because everyone thinks it's made in the west
>>
>>29138315
It is made in Japan.
>>
The way its written is Japanese as fuck. Japanese are not good writing police episodes and the way grunts behave is weirdly Japanese aswell. As a culture they have trouble making believable criminals in fiction and you can feel the production is fully japanese.
>>
File: yukari balloon.png (2MB, 1677x943px) Image search: [Google]
yukari balloon.png
2MB, 1677x943px
>>29138315
>"Leader Maxie, sir"

If that wasn't a giveaway.
>>
>>29138389
That's funny considering Generations looks way more "japanese-made" than the ashnime.
>>
>>29138315
Have you seen american 2d animation? Nobody would say that.
>>
>>29138389
The Mods on MAL are autistic.
>>
>>29138608
FLCL season 2 is on MAL and that's Toonami. I don't know what the fuck they're thinking.
>>
>>29138573
What is Avatar the Last Airbender or Legend of Korra?
>>
When 4kids ordered a season 2 of Ultimate Muscle, it was animated with all of 4kids' edits built into the animation. It also had the weird Japanese lip syncing thing going on, despite the show being made for the west (a very half-assed Japanese dub of it was later made, where they didn't even bother to animate a theme song).
>>
>>29138663
Those still look disticntly western.
>>
>>29138663
Inb4 some sperg points out it was technically animated in Korea (except for the half-season that was animated in Japan)
>>
This is the animator

https://twitter.com/Kaisen_Tobiuo/status/784957112791109632
>>
>>29138608
>>29138656
https://myanimelist.net/forum/ topicid=1552855&show=0

Some users here are saying it's an ONA
>>
I don't understand how the animation studio that makes Generations could settle for such a shitty contract.
Nobody on the team has credited once.
>>
>>29138689
Compare to Teen Titans Go, Steven Universe, Simpsons or Rick and Morty
>>
>>29138681
Speaking of 4Kids, they actually did better Pokemon dubs than TPCi has, stunningly enough. XY/XYZ dub is absolute cancer and Generations is still pretty badly dubbed- only Origins was handled well by TPCi, the rest of their dubs have been complete shit.
>>
>>29138315
1) It's made in Japan.
2) The Generations dub is shit.
>>
>>29138389
It's on Hummingbird though.
Hummingbird is better anyways.
>>
Japanese animation is weird. They do the lipsync before getting the lines from the VA, so the VA have to try to match the lipflaps. Most likely the same here.
>>
>>29138389
But we even had the director of episode 3 tweet about it when that episode premiered.
>>
>>29141181
That's how most animation is done, since it's a lot cheaper and easier for everyone.
>>
>>29139172
4kids is "good" for dubs. Their editorial practices are inexcusable, their releases are dreadful, but the actual voicework was better than most of the rancid dog shit we get from Funimation and the like.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.