[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gets brought in exactly to do what it does best >is given

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: alolan-grimer[1].png (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
alolan-grimer[1].png
117KB, 500x500px
>gets brought in exactly to do what it does best
>is given to eat precisely what it eats most at home
>HURR LE RANDOM CHANGE LE ISLAND SPECIALIZATION
Seriously? I mean I love the design but that explanation is bullshit.
>>
different country different trash

what i dont get it how it justifies a dark type
>>
>>29132464
>Trash is literally the same as sludge and wastewater
>>
Alola's waste is ship related pollutants. Typically oil, lubricants and oxidizers.
Different from Kanto where it's industrial run off and nip poop.
>>
>>29132491
So? We've seen Grimer in Unova, literally same shit
>>
>>29132491
Oil companies are evil
>>
>>29132464
It sounds like they just fucking gorge themselves though, especially since Muk's appetite becomes so voracious. Eating more than the norm is always going to have some sort of effect.
>>
I don't really understand it either
Especially the dark typing which is getting annoying AND absolutely no gen 2-6 alolan forms like honestly what the fuck is up with that? I really hope they surprise us with non Kanto alolan forms just like how megas came back.
>>
>>29132628
It might make you fat, I don't see why it would change your color or add weird crystals.
>>
>>29132668
>why it would change your color
Pelicans and Flamingos change color based on diet
>>
>>29132668
Maybe they're eating more than their digestive system can handle, and their body is processing it differently? (Combined with the new substances it's consuming as well)
>>
>>29132668
Maybe it's eating less and the combination of sea water has them making salt crystals in there body?
>>
>>29132464
>people eating normally
>obese people
That's your answer
>>
>>29132774
See: >>29132668
>>
maybe its a cartoon monster in a game for kids
>>
>>29132464
Why do you even care? The Japanese explanation for Alolan Raichu is literally "we just don't know" and the English team decided to throw a dart and say the Alolans blame it on pancakes. PANCAKES. They clearly aren't trying to create some kind of complex ecology here. The most complex it's gonna get is "they adapted to local climate/predators".

If you love the design that should be enough. Pretend it ate Team Skull's near-empty spraypaint cans if it helps calm your autism.
>>
>>29132800
wtf I hate kids now
>>
File: tumblr_mf8frxkJWP1rw7u8ro1_500.jpg (149KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mf8frxkJWP1rw7u8ro1_500.jpg
149KB, 500x594px
>>29132491
Muk is clearly oil which destroys Ocean enviroments. Muk and Grimer originally sucked up the trash, eating it, cleaning places in a way while become more toxic themselves.

This thing probably bleeds pollution.

Then again, if we're going by that logic, Koffing and Weezing would be dark types for their poisoning of the atmosphere.

>tfw no mega muk or a cooler variant for dark
>>
>>29132800
well yeah doesn't mean they couldn't have given a better explanation
>>
>>29132847
They "could" do lots of shit but if the only people who care are autists like you then why bother?
>>
>>29132796
It's almost like slime-like creatures react differently to humans to things
>>
File: alolan-muk.png (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
alolan-muk.png
107KB, 500x500px
Kanto's Grimer primarily fed on toxic sludge from factories. In other words, a mix of chemicals that probably don't vary all that much.

Alolan Grimer feeds on consumer waste. I.e. much more varied, less outright toxic, with plastic and metal stuff that can't be digested (hence the crystals).

Oil is also probably part of the waste, which is why Muk has the rainbow sheen.
>>
>>29132491
The description mentions it becomes vicious and always hungry for more garbage. It became mean and bad.
>>
>>29132638
gen 8 will have gen 2 regionals, gen 9 will have gen 3 regionals, gen 10 will have gen 4 regionals, gen 11 will have gen 5 regionals, gen 12 will have gen 6 regionals, gen 13 will have Fairchild, Rainmaker and Grunge.
>>
>>29132808
>The Japanese explanation for Alolan Raichu is literally "we just don't know" and the English team decided to throw a dart and say the Alolans blame it on pancakes.
That's probably based on a line that appears in-game, since associating mice with fluffy pancakes is a Japanese thing.
>>
>>29132846
Alolan Muk is actually pretty clean. It doesn't smell bad either. The garbage he eats is insulated inside him. Unlike regular muk which oozes toxic sludge.
>>
Alolan Grimer were initially brought over to live in waste disposal factories where they just sat around gorging on random shit all day. It makes sense that they'd adapt the new foreign materials they were digesting into teeth to help it eat more shit.
>>
Muk is colorful because its skin is full of petroleum. You know what's full of petroleum that Kanto Muk don't eat?

Plastic
>>
>>29132808
>Pretend it ate Team Skull's near-empty spraypaint cans

Ironically, that was my initial thought for the vibrant colour scheme Muk has going for it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.