[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good teammates for this fucker in the 3v3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1445081601169.png (45KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1445081601169.png
45KB, 230x230px
What are some good teammates for this fucker in the 3v3 singles format?
>>
>>29128922
Depends how you want to run him. I have 2 Porygon 2s, one is max defense trace recover/foul play, the other is a download trick room setter/attacker

Here's the set for the latter and the core I use with it.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 ATK, 0 SPE
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
IVs: 0 SPE
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 DEF / 4 SP. ATK
IVs: 0 ATK, 0 SPE
Bold Nature
Trick Room
Foul Play
Thunder Wave
Scald

I find that the defensive trace Porygon2 is extremely versatile and can fit into almost any lineup. The only things you really want to watch out for with him are the really strong megas, knockoff spammers and Blaziken. Azumarill makes a very good teammate due to the dragon immune and fighting resist. Ferrothorn and Jellicent also make good additions to a defensive core including him. You need a mega on your team to avoid knockoffs, and like in the trickroom core I posted Mawile is a very good compliment to him due to intimidate, dragon immune, and effective immunity to knock off.
>>
>>29129177
Whoops, misspoke on the Slowbro, it's not an assault vest set but rather a leftovers set and that's not the right EV spread.
>>
>>29129177
I'm thinking about using Reuniclus as a trick room setter and a strictly defensive set for Porygon2, would that be stupid?
Does Porygon2 have to worry about anything else than Fighting type moves, assuming the opponent is unboosted?
>>
>>29129177
Thanks anon.
>download trick room setter/attacker
I didn't know the duck was good at offense. Isn't it known for being a good wall? How do you use it as an attacker, and isn't it better to use Porygon-Z for wallbreaking?
>>
>>29129342
Reuniclus is indeed pretty good with Porygon, but it's knockoff bait so you definitely need a mega with him.

Yes, Porygon2 has to worry about the 'top tier' megas who can outspeed him. Particularly the specially oriented ones since he can't foul play them if they try to set up, and the fighting type ones like Blaziken and Lopunny who can threaten OHKO and resist foul play. Scizor is also a problem because he's a major knock off spammer so ideally you want fire type coverage though it can be hard to fit in a 3v3 team.

In any battlespot team you will ideally want two megas, two two-pokemon which synergize well with one of your megas each (in mine for example it's Mawile-PG2 and Salamence-Tyranitar) and two all around good pokemon for coverage (I use Excadrill and Slowbro, though I also use Heatran over slowbro sometimes even though I hate using it because it's hideous).

99% of the time I will take either PG2/Mawile/Slowbro or Tyranitar/Salamence/Excadrill, but sometimes I'll swap up the last pokemon for coverage reasons.
>>
>>29129473
PGZ is a better special attacker but is a little too fast to be good in trickroom. Download boosted tri-attacks are very fucking painful for things that don't resist them.
>>
Dunno about Porygon 2, but back in gen 5 I had a pretty rocking team with Porygon Z, Accelgor, and Milotic.
>>
>>29129532
So Reuniclus-P2-Mega Mawile would be a good start? What are some other options for a mega that works well with those two? I was thinking Sableye

>specially oriented ones
>fighting type ones
Could Reuniclus reliably switch in on those or does it not have enough bulk?
>>
>>29129700
>a little too fast to be good in trickroom
It's got 90 base speed, assuming no EV investment (I don't know if that's a good thing to do though) wouldn't it outspeed every major offensive pokemon inside trick room?
>>
I pair mine with Slurpuff and Aromatisse
>>
>>29129748
I used to run a core in early ORAS that was Scolipede, Porygon Z and M-Blaziken. Scolipede was basically a suicide passer and Blaziken also had Baton Pass, so I'd pass to Blaziken, then if Blaziken was going to die I'd pass to PGZ which I also ran return on in case I passed swords dances and needed a physical move to get through a Blissey or some retarded shit.
>>
>>29129912
You can OHKO Blissey with Hyper Beam on PZ though
>>
>>29129764
Depends on which one, Gardevoir can be switched in on with a defensive spread but Reuniclus can't really do anything to it except maybe status and try to protect stall. You can switch in to a Blaziken or Lopunny HJK but both of them carry coverage moves that will probably kill Reuniclus on the second hit unless trick room is already up.

>>29129795
PGZ also has much less bulk than PG2 and you have to take a hit to set the trick room up, it's kind of shitty if you have to run a sashed suicide lead just to get trick room going. And being outsped by defensive pokemon is extremely annoying as it means they can revenge switch in something like Ferrothorn then immediately thunder wave you and force you to deal with the paralysis chance.

I also forgot that Clefable makes a pretty good partner for Porygon2. >>29129805's recommendations are also probably good though I think, other than the belly drum slurpuff set, Clefable will run most of their sets but better.
>>
>>29129945
Not without nasty plot. Even a modest specs hyperbeam on a 252hp 0sdef blissey doesn't OHKO.
>>
>>29130021
I have a second set with Clefable and M-Medicham, but Belly Drum Slurpuff has been my choice recently
>>
>>29130147
Yeah, I use Belly Drum Azumarill for mostly the same purpose. Slurpuff is interesting for the whole unburden thing though, I frequently run into shit like Dragonite that can survive the +6 aqua jets. Being fast enough to use non-priority moves with +6 attack might be worth the downsides.
>>
>>29130021
I see, what about Mega Sableye? It can switch in on pretty much any of the pokemon that threaten P2, can't it?
>>
>>29130527
Everyone and their mother uses Sableye now
>>
>>29130527
Yeah, except for M Garde and other special fairy setup sweepers. That's why I prefer Mawile, except for HP fire Sylveon she usually has nothing to fear from any of the fairy setups, especially in trick room. Talonflame can also be a good partner in that it can switch in to unboosted Blaziken/Lopunny and kill with priority BB.

Flame Body Rocky Helmet bulky Talonflame is also a funny option for dealing with M-Kanga though it's usually pretty garbage outside of how badly it fucks up M-Kanga.
>>
>>29129473
Drop a tri attack, ice beam, thunderbolt/dark pulse, recover trace porygon 2 on a greninja or multiscale Dragonite, or any sheer force user.
>>
>>29132037
What EV spread should it have?
Wouldn't it be sacrificing great defenses in order to become an offensive threat?
>>
>>29132119
Nah, you can run a quiet nature but a trace set usually prefers defensive investment. Download sets definitely need special attack investment though.

Either way, never write off PG2 as an offensive threat. Back in gen 3 when it first became a thing the only reason people used it was because it could both be a solid wall as well as dish out punishment, kind of like how Swampert worked.
>>
>>29132119
No you build it as bulky as the regular duck, you just use it to exploit the other teams strengths, play mental games. Also I imagine this trace set running well with a regen reuniclus to take fighting type damage, set trick room, and be a forcefull pivot.
>>
>>29132295
Too bad Reuniclus doesn't get U-Turn
What moveset is recommended for him?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.