[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>725 Pokemon >we get 16 for this game Why tho? What happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (69KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
69KB, 298x169px
>725 Pokemon
>we get 16 for this game
Why tho?
What happened to getting more Pokemon in general for this game?
Why don't we have at least 50?
>>
Because it takes time.
>>
>>29125160
So what? They could of at least given up 25 or something. Out of all the good Pokemon, can you really tell me that 16 is ok? that's not even close to 4th. that's literally .02% if I did that right. I don't think it is. but I think you get my point.
>>
>>29125272

This is not a normal pokemon game. It has completely new mechanics, it's different from any other fighting game (I mean, it has similarities to Tekken, but it's also its own beast) and it's a completely new franchise that they have to build up characters for.

These kind of things take lots of time, moreso if you want to have a faithful character to the source material and one that can be playable, and also balanced in competitive play.
>>
File: three amigos.jpg (229KB, 1650x600px) Image search: [Google]
three amigos.jpg
229KB, 1650x600px
>>29125777
who cares? i want more pokey mans and i want them now!!!
>>
>>29125777
The issue is again that 720 Pokemon are in the world of Pokemon. Are you telling me that they couldn't make the game bigger? They couldn't make something extra?

The game literally is 2D for the most part and I think like 5 gbs big. This game is good but not the best. I played it for an entire week straight and beat it and then was so god damn mad when I found out that the only 2 extra Pokemon were Pissed off Mewtwo and Mexichu
>>
>>29126016

There are also assists, which are granted, not full characters, but Pokken's attempt to have a lot of the 720 strong cast represented while still focusing on polishing the actual fighters
>>
>>29126522
Then do you think that by time Pokken 2 comes out that we will see more of a roster?
>>
>>29126555

>Pokken 2

They haven't even finished this batch of DLC, there's Empoleon at minimum, and possibly another fighter to round out the final slot. It's gonna be a while before we see a full-on Pokken 2, anon.

But yes, I think that Pokken sold well enough and has a decent amount of publicity, especially for a brand new fighting game, that we will receive a Pokken 2 with a decently larger roster. It's probably not going to be as big as you hoped, but it will be at least a "good bit" larger.
>>
>>29126555
Pokken 2 won't come out because nobody gave this game a chance due to thinking it should have a 721 roster size.

They did the right thing by starting low so they don't put unnecessary effort into something people clearly aren't interested in besides roster. If fans were interested for the gameplay it wouldn't matter how many characters there were. Other fighting games start with 8-12 characters.
>>
>>29126627
It's a Pokemon fighting game, either way it will sell. You slap on the name Pokemon people will buy it. I've not heard anything about Empoleon in months.
>>
>>29126663
>due to thinking it should have a 721 roster size.
I don't expect EVERY Pokemon in this game. What I expect are more playable characters. It doesn't take that long to level up all Pokemon in it when you only have 16.

>interested in the game play
And 13 year olds are interested in playboy for the articles...
>>
>doesn't know what is talking about and is a huge faggot in general
>tripfag

like clockwork
>>
>>29126780
>Anon being an asshole instead of giving useful info or talking about the subject
>anon

like clockwork

do you do anything useful here on 4chan or just shitpost cause xDD lol funneh!
>>
>>29126016
You are fucking dumb.

Fighting game characters are literally the hardest characters to design. 16 characters to start for a brand new fighting game franchise is actually really fucking good. Street Fighter 2 started with 8.
>>
>>29126918
>insulting for no reason
There was no reason for that anon.

I get they are hard to do, but clearly, if they have been working on this for months, years even, then why waste so much time on not adding characters in they could be using?
>>
>>29126844
>>29126970
No, you're a giant faggot.

Instead of just asking you're being a presumptuous entitled cunt, and also a tripfag. There is no point explaining development cycles when your entire logic is "why don't they just do it lol"

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>29127059
>tripfagging has something to do with it
I got that it's hard to do, I got that it takes time to do, but with all their resources and man power, why not? They could of and you know it.

>Fuck off retard
Then leave. You don't have to be in my thread.
>>
>>29126970
They ARE adding characters you moron. They added a new one YESTERDAY.
>>
>>29127136
to the game or to the arcade version?
>all I know how to do is insult people
Fuck off
>>
>>29124966
I don't think you understand anything about game development.
>>
>>29127850
Then explain it.
>>
>>29126672
Scizor was confirmed the other day so the datamine was 100% true. Empoleon's our next fighter

But when the hell are they gonna release them as DLC
>>
>>29128084
These I've both heard, so I'm wondering the exact same shit.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.