[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not even a month until release >hype is dead >very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

File: tog.gif (144KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tog.gif
144KB, 500x375px
>not even a month until release
>hype is dead
>very possibly just XY 2.0 at this point

This is how it ends, huh? Is there any reason to be optimistic?
>>
>>29118610
not really. SM are confirmed to be shit games now.

Hopefully gen 8 will be good in the NX
>>
>>29118619
Will Nintendo even bother with gen 8 after everyone hates Sun and Moon?
>>
>>29118619
>Expecting good console pokemon games
>>
>>29118610
Honestly, I feel like SM wasn't even hype to begin with.

When XY came out, people went fucking crazy for some reason. It was everywhere, not as bad as Pokemon Go but still way more than I expected.

But after Go, people seem to of lost interest. Hell, I went to Gamestop yesterday for a Volcanion code and the dude gave me three cards because nobody was coming in.
>>
>there will be stuff this morning and the day after that is the demo, and sometime before or after is more news on a show that might show stuff we already know and have seen.

dunno I'm still hyped in the long-run. I don't care about corocoro's news, but the talk of the 2 hour gameplay people things was decent enough to be hyped for. been listening to sm ost too.
>>
>Jangmo-o fags this desperate to bring the hype down
>>
>>29118683
Well no shit. XY was the first 3D mainline pokemon game. If Sun and Moon was the first 3D mainline pokemon game it would've gotten just as much if not more hype.
>>
>>29118724
As a Jangmo-o fag I genuinely love the design, it reminds me of a Rastafarian.
>>
>>29118737

>>Thinking anyone gives a shit about 3-D gimmick
>>Even filthy casuals
>>Thinking people wont play Pokemon no
>>Thinking it wont be better than 97% of games ever made

Stay autistic my friend
>>
>>29118610
I'm hype as fuck. Maybe you're just a sour pickle.
>>
>>29118684
>the day after that is the demo

The demo isn't until the 18th bud
>>
>>29118761
You fucking moron. By 3D I mean 3D models and overworld, not the stupid gimmick.
>>
File: tumblr_nir8i8TfVF1s6tz6lo6_500.png (160KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nir8i8TfVF1s6tz6lo6_500.png
160KB, 450x450px
i'm hyped, personally
>>
How is hype dead?
I don't understand this meme.
>>
>>29118650

I wouldn't rule out any possibility of it in the future.
>>
>not expecting XY 2.0 from day zero
>implying the hype for SM is any more dead than before
>>
I was going to use my money to buy Sun, but then I decided to get Color splash instead.

I'm honestly glad I did. Revived paper mario > Another pokemon game
>>
File: 1476285703810.gif (403KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476285703810.gif
403KB, 320x240px
>>29118610

I'm not really hype since lack of new Pokémon.
>>
>>29118815
A lot of features for the game revealed to us lately have been things most consider negatives. We'll know for sure where people stand when the demo is out
>>
The soundtrack having less tracks than XY can confirm that the game will have NO post game and will probably be shorter.
>>
>>29118610
>>29118619
Were you really expecting a hard pokémon game?
>>
>everyone who tested it saying it's the much needed breath of fresh air for a 20 year old franchise that x&y and ORAS failed to deliver
>some of the fights actually seem to be "difficult" compared to previous games
>/vp/ is fighting about starters

never change
>>
>>29118889
Well I never lost hype, so I'll be enjoying it regardless.
>>
>>29118902
Maybe. Just maybe. Every generation I hope GF listens to the vocal minority and just implement a hard mode that increases levels and has every trainer using maison AI.
>>
>>29118913
/vp/ is pretty shook from XY and ORAS

this place has battered housewife syndrome
>>
Pessimistic /v/tards need to go back to their board
>>
File: 8e261420d043f6443a5852736be2a0e0.jpg (742KB, 1600x1148px) Image search: [Google]
8e261420d043f6443a5852736be2a0e0.jpg
742KB, 1600x1148px
>>29118902
Ehh BW2 were decently hard. Real ballaches to nuzlocke frankly.

I think a lot of it is a matter of principle however. Features such as the game warning you of a trainer battle and telling you what types are strong against your opponent may not be real handicaps, but the increase in handholding and unneeded assistance are bound to irk people.

It feels good to figure things out for yourself, learn and discover things, and occasional have a disadvantage such as having a weakened team and being jumped by a random trainer.
>>
>m-muh dexnav

I'm not an ORAS fanboy so nothing is lost.
>>
>ORAS was the worst game in the series!!
>The games are too easy!!
>WAH WHERES MY ORAS DEXNAV EASY BUTTON
Suck it up fag.
>>
>>29118946
Right but taking the memes out of your argument, do you think Dexnav was an objectively enjoyable feature?
>>
>>29118974
Not him, but dexnav was one of the few good things about the Oras remakes. It actively encouraged catching everything because you could see your progress, and the possibility of getting random egg moves to use in a run was neat and helped drive it further.
>>
>>29119032
I agree, and ill be sad to see it absent from SuMo
>>
File: excitement dancing.png (46KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
excitement dancing.png
46KB, 430x430px
>>29118939
I want to be optimistic on it desu. I enjoyed a bunch of the past reveals, but it has yet to push me over the line that makes me want to buy it.
>>
>>29118974
>do you think Dexnav was an objectively enjoyable feature?

No. It's tedious bullshit and I accomplish anything it can do faster with breeding.
>>
>>29118889

I'll be honest, /vp/ looked pretty hyped yesterday.
>>
File: 1473033557907.png (14KB, 394x437px) Image search: [Google]
1473033557907.png
14KB, 394x437px
I'm not hyped or pessimistic. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reasons I'm optimistic:
>it seems like team skull will be a fun memorable bunch of idiots
>Aether foundation and all these connections with lusamine, lillie, and gladion seem interesting
>exploring looks like it'll be the best it's ever been
>seems like they're aiming for pokemon to be more cinematic and expressive from start to finish compared to how it's always been (where it's story/cutscenes is boring all the way through until the last few segments of the game)
>all the connections to alchemy and arceus
>possibility of a zygarde subpot or it might even have a main role

Why I'm cautious:
>it's been giving me a kind of "trying to appeal to the yokai watch crowd" vibe with the rotom dex, MC designs, pokemon designs
>still no difficulty level confirmation
>most of the pokemon designs don't look great (in my opinion)
>too many gimmicks, which is also giving me a feeling it might turn out like XY where they just tried to stuff as many useless gimmicks as they could into the game and hoped people will like it
>a lot of games that get graphical overhauls tend to have less content than it's predecessors

TL;DR: I like that it's looking more story and cinematic-focused but the gameplay aspect of it has me worried. It's got potential to be great so far, but equally it also has the potential to be bland and boring.

Thank god I have a9lh so I can try before I buy. I regretted buying OR and never finished it.
>>
>>29119141
100% this
>>
>>29119092
>not buying it simply because it's a new generation
You clearly don't care about the series, new Pokemon/moves/mechanics etc is the only things that keep it interesting
>>
>>29118944
>and being jumped by a random trainer.
That isn't a thing outside ninjas though, stop making up shit that doesn't exist.
>>
>>29118876
I know this was posted an hour ago, but I just wanted to possibly let you know that your bait made me very angry, Anon.
>>
File: 1365639028609.png (28KB, 286x229px) Image search: [Google]
1365639028609.png
28KB, 286x229px
>>29118610
Everyone except your whiny ass is hyped. Game looks fucking fun.
>>
>>29118889
Who is this "most"? It's been nothing but excitement for me
>>
>>29118974
DexNav made it easier for me to complete my Living Dex, but aside from that it seemed like a one-off feature that would never return in the same form outside of ORAS.

I don't understand why people expected it to
>>
>Sometning didn't go MY way

>The games are bad

I want this meme to die

You fucks are really desperate to shit on this game
>>
People on this board are way too pessimistic. I'm psyched, lots of others seem to be too!
>>
File: Twerkblood.gif (213KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
Twerkblood.gif
213KB, 391x500px
>>29120150
The sire of truth
>>
File: c1fc544fe22075967af126f1f1afd6dd.png (274KB, 1280x614px) Image search: [Google]
c1fc544fe22075967af126f1f1afd6dd.png
274KB, 1280x614px
>>29118610
>Hype is dead
I think that's because the majority of these assholes on this board kept screaming for corocoro leaks.

>MUH LEAKS
>MUH DATAMINE
>instead of patiently waiting for the game to release and finding out magical shit and the stinky shit for yourself.

I'm not saying SM is bad, nor am I saying its good, but taking the experience with a grain of salt is needed to temper your expectations. No other gen is perfect, but we all have our favorites in one way or another, despite their flaws.

The desperate need to know everything about it before release will obviously kill any and all hype because of expectations, instead of caution. (Im also not defending gamefreak either- etc Tackle is 40 again goddamnit)

tl;dr we brought this on ourselves.
>>
>>29120600
I agree with you, but what's the big deal about Tackle being 40 again?

>Tackle at 50
whatever
>Tackle at 40
who cares

If anything maybe difficultyfags might like that change, but its a non-issue.
>>
>>29118889
What?

You need to get outside the circlejerk that is /vp/ every once in a while.

Most Pokemon fans are hyped as fuck for Sun and Moon, even friends and family members of mine who haven't played in years.
>>
>>29118877
We have no fucking idea how many new Pokemon there will be.
>>
>>29120653
Not so much it being 40 as they are needlessly nerfing something that didn't need nerfing. It was a perfectly viable normal type move that you could use for a while.

It'd be like making peanut butter toast and then adding mayonnaise for no reason. Someone might like it, but the majority won't for their own reasons.
>>
>>29118610
>hype is dead
says literally only you
>>
>>29120754
said it before and i'll say it again

early encounter with STAB Hustle Tackle + STAB Hustle Bite means it's probably safe to nerf tackle again
>>
>>29120754
This is one of the most pointless complaints I've heard thus far. It doesn't matter either way and it takes no time to change in development at all.

The minute you get a better move than Tackle, its usually dropped and that's always in no time at all.
>>
Wait you mean people LIKED that dexnav shit? Why?? It just slowed down the game with not nearly enough justification for doing so. It was a terrible replacement for friend safaris.
>>
>>29120785
Agreed. I don't know why people are treating tackle like it's some sort of ultimate move made garbage.... it was always one of the first moves to go. Tackle, Pound, and..... I don't even remember the other one. Baby Normal type moves are and always have been garbo.
>>
>>29119141
Same.
>>
>>29121819
It's because it shows were gamefreak has their priorities, while giving you a taste of what is to come.

This is like the next generation going on about how the starter is going to be spinda. Sure, you always catch new pokes and ususally box the starter early so it doesn't really matter. However, the mentality that lead to that decision would be worrying.
>>
>>29118932
>Giving people more of what they wanted for the last 15 years
>Get mad, demand everything be different for no reason other than "I want"
>battered housewife syndrome
Spoken like a true woman.
>>
File: 1475925204198.jpg (5KB, 261x163px) Image search: [Google]
1475925204198.jpg
5KB, 261x163px
>>29122201
>Boxing the starter
Just hearing that phrase makes me feel a little ill.
>>
>>29122439
>Not boxing the pokemon everyone literally has
>>
>>29122201
>Boxing the starter
What are you, a faggot or something?
>>
>>29120150
>Alolautists have no argument and just keep saying it's fun like that means something

Fun is a subjective thing anon, you having a blast with shitty games don't make them any less shitty.
>>
>>29120561
People were optimistic for ORAS and look how that turned out.
>>
>>29118876
This genuinely triggers me anon.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.