[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be honest. This game really isn't so much hard,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download (3).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Let's be honest.

This game really isn't so much hard, as it is annoying.

All memes aside about how edgy and shitty the writing is and what not, the game does some things right

>all gyms have 6 pokemon
>inability to over level mons and rek everything
>forcing you to make a good team
>forcing you to use strategy

But it's just fucking tedious. There's nothing difficult about finding a mon you need to beat the gym with and grinding for hours on wild pokemon. It's just annoying.

What's interesting though. Is that it has me thinking, is there really any way to make a pokemon game truly hard and not tedious?

Discuss.
>>
>>29114587
I actually dislike the forced level thing.
I don't like getting punished because one pokemon accidentally leveled slightly too far.

What I want is smart, well thought out teams, and a smart AI who knows that leaving their Camerupt out against my Greninja probably isn't the smartest move, and that they should probably switch.
>>
>>29114625
Then how do you propose that pokemon cant be over leveled?

I honestly think it would be best if they were "capped" until a certain point and then they can earn experience again.

I'm also not a fan of the delivering candy nonsense but I understand why it's there.
>>
>>29114781
You use the fucking Gen V EXP system.

less grinding to get new moms on your team ready, while making overleveling a difficult task requiring an amount of grinding that if you are doing, might as well give you a free pass anyway.
>>
>>29114587
>is there really any way to make a pokemon game truly hard and not tedious?

Yes, play any Drayano hack. His games are tougher but the levels of everything are also balanced so you don't have to spend forever grinding to keep up.
>>
>>29114625
>getting punished because one pokemon accidentally leveled slightly too far.
Can you explain for someone who hasn't heard of this game?

>>29115031
Fucking Gen V EXP system made leveling in the post game difficult as fuck
>>
>>29114781
>Then how do you propose that pokemon cant be over leveled?
You don't, if a player sits there and grinds to being 5 levels over the enemies, its their fault the game is easy. If your getting overleved just by playing the game normally, the game needs level curve better, even if it means changes the maximum level.
>>
>>29115347
Badge level limits apply to all Pokemon and they usually increase by 5 (there are 18 gyms, 13 in current release)
>>
>>29115397
I don't really agree with that but I guess someone might get some enjoyment out of that challenge

Limiting the player like that is frustrating, not good design. Instead make a game that the player doesn't feel they have to grind in, instead of disallowing them even if they feel they need it
>>
>>29115347
>Grind on level 50 Audino to get to the minimum level 50

It was the easiest game to grind yet.
>>
>>29115347
>White Tree Hollow
>Lucky Egg
>level 80~ Blissey
>Hard
>>
>>29114587
If they could let your Pokemon just hit a wall if you try to level them up to much that would be fine, but randomly making one of your (probably one of the best on your team) Pokemon shit until the next badge is retarded
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.