[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am about to go balls deep into the world of pokemon contests,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ORAS_Contest_Introduction_Round.png (253KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS_Contest_Introduction_Round.png
253KB, 400x240px
I am about to go balls deep into the world of pokemon contests, any advices i could take?
>>
Don't do it.
>>
File: eevee.jpg (279KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
eevee.jpg
279KB, 1280x960px
>>29113591
>Pic related
Enjoy it, it is a lot of fun!

Except they made the contests in ORAS, way to easy compared to past gens thanks to unlimited Pokeblock consumption.
>>
>>29113648
Your grammar is atrocious.
>>
>>29113648
OP here, gonna do a sapphire Dragon mono-type run while also focusing on contests since i never bothered with that in the other gen 3 games

What should i look for when deciding which moves to stick with?

Should i use my whole team and make them stand out on each category or just have my own dedicated contest dragon?

How to deal with the berry amounts? Just get FLY and fuck around watering like a madman?

Does picking the right nature matters at all?
>>
>>29113591

Pokémon World is Earth and i did all Pokémon contests with Mew.
>>
>>29113648
Nice hackmon.
>>
>>29113702
Try to focus on moves that have good appeal. You can generally win a contest with the same moveset in various categories if you go up against dumb ai. It's good to have at least one move for that category to get the bonus. With dragons try doing move combo's. A good one for beauty would be setting up sunny day then using fire blast the next turn.
>>
>>29113868
how about offensive moves that affect the other contestants? Should i bother with these?
>>
>>29113887
I never bothered with them. I did however use moves that would protect me from being nervous.
>>
Pro tip: If you use the red/blue orbs, Groudon and Kyogre will be Primal for the entire contest. Winning expert cuteness with Primal Groudon is very satisfying.
>>
>>29113910
alright them, should i use all of my team for these? Or block the shit out of a single one of them?
>>
>>29113958
You can but if you have a favorite pokemon, you can get try to get all the ribbons for them at once. If you do win a Master contest ribbon, be sure to go to the Lilycove museum and get the Artist ribbon. Only the Pokemon that won a Masters contest ribbon can get that ribbon.
>>
>>29114105
okay them, last question, nature means jack shit right? I can just capture a random mon and feed it blocks to max everything if i need (unless they dislike the block which it can happen IIRC)
>>
>>29113838
It's not impossible if you have been trying to get these done over the years. If you are talking about the Earth ribbon, you can get that in XD Gale of Darkness after beating the main story and completing Mt. Battle.
>>
>>29113702
Finish the game first and then change up your moves for contests because TMs have only one use.

>Should i use my whole team and make them stand out on each category or just have my own dedicated contest dragon?
Having each of them specialize in a different category is the easiest way. Feed them pokeblocks in a certain category until they can't eat anymore (when total Feel reaches 255). Then if their condition is high enough in one category then go to the Fan Club in Slateport to receive a colored scarf that improves their appeal in the first judging stage.

>How to deal with the berry amounts? Just get FLY and fuck around watering like a madman?
Yeah just grind the fuck out of it and water them every few hours or so.
>>
>>29114216
Thanks, i am more worried about moves because, like TMs, i might have just one chance of getting them (assuming i won't have enough heart scales)

Guess its a good idea to plant unused berries when possible right? I mean, its sapphire, its not like i will need status berries anyways
>>
>>29114311
Yeah every berry contributes. Some more than others but that doesn't matter unless you want to min-max your pokemon's condition.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.