[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which regions had the best "New Pokemon vs Dex Size"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Pokemon Numbers.png (344KB, 588x1289px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Numbers.png
344KB, 588x1289px
Which regions had the best "New Pokemon vs Dex Size" synergy? Or the worst? Not particularly the distribution, but just the mons
>>
>>29105650
Kanto and BW1 Unova. New Pokemon only.

The worst would be Hoenn which imported shitton of water types from previous gen.
>>
>>29105650
sinnoh and bw2 have the best. kalos and johto have the worst
>>
>>29105650
Bigger dex size isn't necessarily better, Johto and Kalos specifically have way too many mons from other regions. Platinum and BW2 strike the best balance and imo it should always be more than 50/50 in favor of new mons.
>>
>>29105650
bw/bw2
>>
>>29105650
Platinum Sinnoh and BW2 Unova.
>>
Johto did it best. New Pokemon that also built upon the previous generation. Simple but elegant. I thought the execution was really fucking shitty though, like hiding some of the new Johto Pokemon in Kanto region. Seriously, who in the fuck thought that was a good idea.

As far as execution, I thought XY did really well, which surprised me. I really liked that each route wasn't just 3 Pokemon over and over, showed a little diversity and I thought showed off the Pokedex really well. Nicely done. It's weird because the "ratio" is the ugliest looking, but they pulled it off.

Worst was probably D/P/Pt. Clunky in every way, evos no one wanted, new Pokemon weren't great, I don't know. It seemed split.
>>
>>29105954
This. Kanto 'mons felt natural because of how the ecosystem was.
>>
I would love it if every gen worked like gen 5. 90-100% new mons initially, then next game[s] have lots of old mons added. Although honestly it is good that it's a different kind of mix every gen, it's just that setup is the ideal to me.
>>
>>29105650
The correct answer is Hoenn.
135 new Pokémon to replace the worn out Rattata and Pidgey of Kanto and Johto, with 65 old to fill out your team was perfect.

>Johto
Could've been good, but poorly executed like >>29105954 said.

>Sinnoh
20 or so of the new mons were cross-gen evos, and 10 were legendaries. I'm currently re-playing Platinum and honestly the selection at the beginning of the game is atrocious.
The first 4/5 routes are literally
Starly
Bidoof
Budew
Shinx
Zubat

>BW
I liked it, not many did.
>BW2
Was OK, but mons like Riolu and Growlithe pushed the new mons out

>XY
Bloody awful but at least the overall selection was good and added replayability.
>>
>>29105954
>evos no one wanted
Speak for yourself. I thought Platinum Sinnoh was the best because it put a new twist on old mons by giving them cross-gen evos, but still introduced a solid amount of newer mons as well. Alola seems to be doing something similar, so I'm pretty excited for it.

Kalos was probably the worst for me. It had a little too much diversity, you could go through a route and entirely miss a few Pokémon just because of how insanely diverse the selection is.
>>
>>29105905
I dont think Johto has too much from other regions, since many are at least related. Kalos though, a huge disconnect where they new mons are completely dwarfed by the old ones in every way
>>
I think that the regional pokedex should never go beyond 400, including at least 80 new pokemon
>>
>>29106880
This
>>
>>29105954
Johto was fucking terrible. There's no reason to keep half your mons locked away in the other region.
>>
>>29107693
>Not particularly the distribution, but just the mons
>>
We know that pinsir is #271 from the trailer if that's anything to go by.
>>
>>29107831
My mistake, it's 175
>>
Hoenn did it best, a lot of new pokemon really set it apart as a different region yet it had enough throwbacks to old pokemon as well to expand upon the regional dex size, of course the distribution was awful considering that half of the region is water and more than half of the time you'll run into wingulls or tentacruels but in terms of ratio, the 2/3 ratio of old to new pokemon is the best way to make a region feel new and refreshing. BW did well by making the non-post-game region exclusively filled with new mons, but Unova is a lot larger than Kanto so adding 5 extra pokemon won't make the distribution much better, especially when 13 of those are legendaries.
>>
>>29105650
Johto and Sinnoh did the dexes the best, I tink the fault of Hoenn was the general low number of Gen 2 Pokemon to Gen 1 Pokemon.
>>
>>29105650
B2W2
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.