[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4x weak to Ice Yeah, this thing will be unusable in competitive.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: garchomp.jpg (37KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
garchomp.jpg
37KB, 300x315px
>4x weak to Ice

Yeah, this thing will be unusable in competitive. Fuck you, Game Freak.
>>
>>29101493
It is, in every format. Literally everything can learn ice beam
>>
Why even bother with any other pokemon when Eelektross exists? You need Mold Breaker just to hit it with a super effective move.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (4KB, 144x176px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
4KB, 144x176px
>>29101493
>implying Ice is anywhere near as good as Fairy
>>
>>29101645
There's literally three (3) viable fairies. 3. Fairy also has no priority moves meanwhile half of OU learns ice beam and ice shard
>>
>>29101645
It isn't, but carrying Ice moves is super common while Fairy on non fairies are rare, and most fairies also suck while even more of them have shit speed and shit defense.
>>
>>29101493
1. Garchomp isn't slow. Base 102 was basically perfect in gen 4 and it's still just about perfect for scarfing.
2. Garchomp is surprisingly bulky and can run defensive sets.
3. Garchomp's typing affords him pretty decent resistances to common attacking types as well as an immunity.
4. Garchomp has extremely good double STAB. Only resisted by levitating steel/fairy types.
5. Garchomp gets a great movepool with access every move he could ever reasonably need minus reliable recovery.
6. Garchomp got a very good HA.

>Heatran
Heatran has a fucking million x4 resists. Grass, Bug, Ice, Fairy, Steel, Fire/Poison immunity, plus some nice x2 resists.

>Dragonite
Multiscale, high BST, massive movepool

>Salamence
Two good abilities, one of the most retarded megas, amazing offensive stats, massive movepool that allows him to fill almost any role

A lot of fucking things have to come together for you to be able to work around an x4 weakness. Jangmo Fett looks like he will be slow, probably won't have as good of a movepool or special stats as these, doesn't have much in the way of resistances or immunities and his ability, while useful, probably won't let him get anything done.
>>
>>29101645
Moonblast isn't as well distributed as Ice Beam, meaning Pokemon have to rely on Dazzling Gleam or Play Rough for Fairy-type coverage. So the x4 Fairy weak Pokemon are actually being hit by moves that are weaker than Ice Beam. Adding to that, Megas won't be allowed in VGC this year so the most common Fairy-types won't be seen in competitive play. Maybe in Smogon or Battle Spot Fairies will be relevant, but if Jaraanga has the right stats it won't be completely ruined.
>>
File: 212Scizor.png (487KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
212Scizor.png
487KB, 1080x1080px
>4x weak to Fire

Fuck you gamefreak, I wanted my bro to be good and you just had to shit all over it.
>>
>>29101817
And Dragon/Fighting is literally only resisted by Faeries and Aegislash. Being able to muscle through Steel is ALWAYS good for an offensive Pokémon.

How does it look slow? Do Mega Diancie, Gengar, Skymin look particularly fast to you?
>>
>>29101833
>Gains a more common x4 weakness
>cuts its speed by almost half
How did Scizor even pull it off?
>>
>>29101954
technician
>>
File: 250px-248Tyranitar.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-248Tyranitar.png
55KB, 250x250px
:^)
>>
>>29101954
It lost literally every other weakness Scyther has. Like electric, ice, 4x rock and flying.
>>
>>29101954
bug/steel is neutral or resists almost everything It's actually better to have one massive weakness than a ton of minor ones. But it's worse to have both of them.
>>
EVERY pokémon not gained in Sun/Moon can't be used in official competitive so no prob for it OP
>>
>>29101817
>Jangmo Fett looks like he will be slow, probably won't have as good of a movepool or special stats as these,
Source: your ass
>>
File: 286Breloom.png (111KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
286Breloom.png
111KB, 431x431px
>4x weak to Flying

why did gamefreak introduce smogonbird to push my bro all the way down to PU?
>>
>>29102056
*until January when the bank is opened back up
*also there might not even be a regional dex banlist so people doing pkhex might be able to bring in non ARORA mons into battlespot even earlier than that
>>
>>29102098
This thing is so bad on paper but soo good in practice. I love it. It just shits on balance so much
>>
>>29102136
You bet your ass I'll do that FUCK GF if they think they can force me to breed a new set of Pokemon I already have
>>
4x damage to Fairy? I know your feel, bro
>>
>>29101817
>tfw I like Heatran's lore and design but feel guilty using legendaries
>>
>>29101954
Unlike Kingdra and other Pokémon with only 1-2 weaknesses, Scizor has multiple resistances and doesn't go down like a bitch thanks to a multitude of other qualities.
>>
>>29102519
If you want to use them outside of unranked you'll have to anyways.
>>
>>29101817
>What are Scizor, Gliscor, Breloom, Diancie Mega, Hoopa-U, Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, and Magnezone
>>
>>29101493
>comparing ice to fairy
Exept that anything that runs ice beam is either slower than him and gets killed with a earthquake or not an ice type and lose the stab damage
>>
>>29102918
>Thundurus

Again. You switch out if counters.
>>
>>29102918
Most fairies are slow and non-fairies usually don't run fairy moves.
>>
>>29102098
BROLOOMS UNITE
>>
>Bonsly used Wide Guard!
>It's super effective!
>Charizard fainted!

how did this piece of shit manage to make it to OU?
>>
File: dragoniteangry.png (326KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
dragoniteangry.png
326KB, 600x536px
i dont understand how this is still a topic of discussion. how retarded do you have to be to think a 4x weakness destroys a pokemon when there are a ton of super good pokemon with 4x weakness and actuallly you have one less weakness overall because of the overlap.
>>
>>29103163
One 4x weakness is fine even if it makes you a bit vulnerable to Hidden Power. It gets pretty bad when you have two 4x weaknesses though. You really have to stand out to overcome that.
>>
File: landorus-therian.jpg (48KB, 265x320px) Image search: [Google]
landorus-therian.jpg
48KB, 265x320px
It's not fucking fair
This guy is my #1 Bro, he should be the king of OU and VGC, yet GF decided to fuck him over with a 4x Ice Weakness... I just don't fucking get ir bros. Why do the good guys always finish last?
>>
File: 720_f2.png (161KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
720_f2.png
161KB, 475x475px
>Zubat used Hidden Power Bug

Yeah fuck you gamefreak
>>
>>29102987
First they are tanky as fuck, second m-gardevoir and xerneas are fast as hell
>impliying normal gardevoir will not outspeed it
>impliying it can oneshot clefable
>>
>>29101817
>pessimism: the post
Did you played the game to reach to all those conclusions ?
>>
Friendly reminder to all the shitters around here that STAB 2Xeffective (equivalent to 3Xeffective) from an offensive Pokemon is usually enough to oneshot other offensive Pokemon.
>>
>>29103316
I wouldn't really describe Mega Gardevoir and non-boosted Xerneas as fast as hell. Man, speed creep has gotten crazy.
>>
>>29103316
>tanly as hell
If you're a special attacker and your name is Cleffable.
>>
>>29103358
>what did he mean by this
>>
>>29101817
Check what Garchomp resists and check what Jangmo-o resists dude. I think you posted all of that out of your ass because dragon/fighting has about the same if not more resists that dragon/ground.
>>
>>29103457
Thinking about it, I'm way more concerned about that stupid fucking bird than fairies. Even with Dragon Dance it'll never beat that thing, unlike fairies.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.