[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you logically explain every types weaknesses and resistences?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: psychic energy.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
psychic energy.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
How can you logically explain every types weaknesses and resistences? What was the thought process behind them? What would you change, prefferably from a logical standpoint and not a balancing one?
>>
>Fighting is resistant to Rock
I need an explanation.
>>
>>29099106
I think this is to show that when fighting types are defending from rocks attacks they easily shatter them and make less damage.
>>
>>29099106
Maybe because fighting types are so well trained and hardened that the blunt strikes of rock attacks just bounce off their muscle mass without much lasting damage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVTrVp0hrV8
>>
>>29099106
Karate chopping rocks in half.

Next.
>>
>>29099057
>Bug and Fighting are both super-effective against each other
>Fire resists Fairy
>>
>>29099177
But this doesn't explain resistance
Pls try throwing a rock at a karateguy's face
>>
Ok, the list is huge so just covering common complaints.

Fighting resists rock. Some martial arts make the practitioner be beaten with sticks and rocks to toughen them up. It also is a reference to fighters smashing bricks barehanded.

Fairy is weak to steel, poison because legendary fae are weak to metals and use poisons to kill each other.

Dark, psychic are weak to bug because the elements are inverses of each other. Being bugged makes them loose focus and get weak.
>>
>>29099177
are you blind?

he clearly asked resistance, not effectiveness.
yes you chop bricks in half but try throwing a rock in the face of a martial artist.
>>
File: image.png (203KB, 650x1362px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
203KB, 650x1362px
>>
>>29099195
Its the opposite, bug and fighting resist each other.
Fighting types are mentally too though to be freaked out by bugs and certain bugs and arachnids like ticks are hard to squish.
>>
>>29099195
They're both not very effective against each other, is what you meant.
>>
>>29099195
Bug and fighting are not supereffecive on themselves. Ghost and Dragon are because legends say they are best at fighting themselves. Normal is immune to ghost because we Normal people pass through spirits.

Fire resists fairy because some fae are supposedly afraid of fire even if not particularly dangerous to them.
>>
>>29099057
Normal-normal guy
Fighting- A karate man is strong against a normal guy/can punch through rock(those rock plates)
Flying-Birds eat bugs/Have you ever tried to punch a bird (thank you Awkward Zombie)
Poison-poison pollutes water/kills weeds
Ground-grounds electricity
Rock-??? (rock sucks)
Bug- eats plants/scares people(psychic)
Ghosts- can't be touched by normal guy or karate guy/scares people
Steel- Ice pick/pickaxe
Fire- burns plants/magnifying glass against insects
Water- douses fire/erodes rocks and ground
Grass- grows through ground/rock
Electric- zaps anything in the sky/conducts in water
Psychic-smarts finds a cure for poison
Ice-Freezes wings(flying and dragon)/plants die in winter
Dragon-Only a dragon can fight a dragon
Dark-is scary
Fairy-fairies are little bitches and dragons don't fuck with them.

That's about all I got.
>>
>>29099057
The Pokemon Wikia actually explains the types pretty well. For example, with Fighting type it says:

They're weak against the Psychic type because sayings like "Brains beat brawn" and "Mind over Matter."
They're weak against the Flying type because it's been long said that height is a large advantage when it comes to battle, as it's difficult to hit something that's moving in the air and that dropping attacks have the advantage of gravitational acceleration when it comes to attacking.
They're weak against the Fairy type because physical strength can't do anything against magic.
They're strong against the Dark type because it's a common theme in martial arts and fighting fiction that goodness always wins, and a fighter must be prepared to face his/her fears, some of which are represented by the Dark type.
The Poison type resists them because the body is a fighter's weapon, and it can be damaged by poison.
The Bug type resists them because some bugs and insects can resist punches easily. Also, it is difficult to hit an insect because it's small and moving quickly.
They're strong against the Ice, Rock and Steel types because ice can be shattered with a strong punch, some fighters are trained to destroy rocks, and steel objects can be easily bent.
They're strong against the Normal type because a fighter can easily beat a normal person.
The Ghost type is immune to them because it's impossible to hit an incorporeal being.
>>
>>29099308
Oh yeah
Steel- iron wards off fairies
I have iron hanging over my door. Fuck you fairies; stay away from me.
>>
>>29099057
>>29099223
Psychic is weak to fear. Dark, Bug, Ghosts are things people are scared of. This is one of the easier ones to justify. Although in the first Gen ghost seemed to be weak to it as well so
>>
I don't get why Ghost resists Bug.
>>
>>29099057
Psychic is weak to the 3 most common human mind fears: Fear of the Darkness/evil (in Japan); Bugs and Ghosts.
>>
>>29099352
Psychic was strong against the Gen1 ghosts because they were all Ghost/Poison
>>
>>29099331
Most of these fit pretty well but I take issue with the poison explaination. If you put it like this it should mean that fighting is weak against poison not that poison is resistent against fighting. Why is a snake or a being that covers itself with goo not taking much damage from being punched or kicked?
>>
You can't punch a bird
>>
>>29099417
So was Agatha poison type or ghost type
>>
>Fire not being weak against Flying. (Blows out a flame.)
>Fairy not being weak against Bug. (Bugs are "cold blooded", Fairies are Friendly)
>Water not being weak against Ice. (Cold freezes water.)
>Dragon not being weak against Steel. (Sword kills the dragon.)
>>
>>29099467
Well, all her Pokemon are Poison types.
>>
>>29099509
>Fairies are Friendly
My ass. Have you read any actual fairy stories? Fairies are like a generalization. Brownies are fairies, yeah, but so are redcaps. And the fairies with butterfly and dragonfly wings like most people think of, they steal babies.
>>
>>29099509
Beowulf's dragon was only felled by the sword because of its poison typing.
>>
File: 1466013774660.jpg (56KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1466013774660.jpg
56KB, 540x540px
>>29099690
It's a kids game bro.

Also:
>fairies with butterfly and dragonfly wings like most people think of, they steal babies.
So what you're saying is, Make Normal weak to Fairy?
>>
>>29099744
>Make Normal weak to Fairy?
I can get behind this.
>>
>>29099762
>Normal weak to Fairy.
>Fairy weak to Fire.
>Psychic immune to Fairy.(Too smart to believe in "Fairy tales")
>>
>>29099821
Yes. Good. I like it.
>>
File: 096.png (2KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
096.png
2KB, 80x80px
>>29099057
What i think is retarded is how they treat ice type. They pretend ice = glass. That makes no sense.

Ice should resist water, because it is water. It should resist flying, because wind just makes ice colder.
>>
>>29100014
>Ice should resist water
yes, but water should also be able to resist ice, because a lot of sea animals live in arctic climates. It would be a ghost/normal type thing.
>>29100014
>It should resist flying
no

But I do agree ice gets a lot of flack.
>>
>>29099690
>muh Fairy type is the grimdark folklore type maymay

Why do /vp/ still try to convince themselves of this? It's getting sad.
>>
>>29100289
Because it's weak to steel you fucking tard.
>>
File: 1475694073389.jpg (138KB, 771x886px) Image search: [Google]
1475694073389.jpg
138KB, 771x886px
>>29100325
Normal needs to be weak to Steel, because Guns and bullets are made of metal.
>>
>>29100113
Water does resist Ice, only Freeze-Dry ignores this fact.
>>
>>29099509
>(Blows out a flame.)

quite the opposite usually happens, retard.
fire is literally super quick and charged air particles.
>>
Bug is super effective against dark because look what mosquitoes do in africa
>>
>>29099352
>Psychic is weak to fear. Dark, Bug, Ghosts are things people are scared of.
Pretty much, and even the scary type Ghost is afraid of Dark types, while they are afraid of Bug types.
>>
>Bug type resisting Fighting
Have you ever tried to punch a fly?
>>
>ghost type resistant to flying

have you ever tried to peck a spirit?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.