[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't have shit taste so I never played ORAS postgame.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1408472626297.jpg (325KB, 1150x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1408472626297.jpg
325KB, 1150x1500px
I don't have shit taste so I never played ORAS postgame. Redpill me on Zinnia and why she's supposedly the worst character in the series.
>>
>>29096766
she's annoying as fuck, disappears for no reason, ugly as hell, and she's weak as shit too
>>
>>29096766
She hijacked the entire plot of ORAS.

The reason why Maxie/Archie did what they did in the maingame? Zinnia
The reason why Fug had to fight Deoxys? Zinnia
>>
>>29096766
>no Shit taste
>didn't play Delta Episodes
>thinks Zinnia sucks
Nice b8. Shittiest taste.
>>
>>29096781
You just described like every rival and "rival" from Gen 3 onwards barring Barry.
>>
>>29096766
She joined the villian team, stole from people, knocked you out and kidnapped you, endangered the whole planet on a hunch and was never called out for it.
>>
I don't know if she's my least favorite, but the dead child thing felt very out of place, not necessarily for Pokemon (which has always had its dark moments) but for a rushed epilogue that's mostly an excuse to give Rayquaza some spotlight.

Although I can't think of a character who turned me off more, now that I think about it. Her feral battle pose was cool, though. I wish they had written her a bit different.
>>
>>29096766
>I don't have shit taste
>Never played ORAS
Pick one.
>>
>>29096885
>he hasn't modded his 3ds
Rutile Ruby/Sinking Sapphire is fucking cray pham
>>
Because Japan has to prove daily that they have absolutely abhorrent taste.
>>
File: fug.png (291KB, 559x513px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
291KB, 559x513px
She doesn't add much to the game.
>>
>calling something that you didn't play shit taste
not too smart are you?
>>
Woah she's so cool she has dragons!!!
Muh tragic background!!
Muh chosen one dragon master!!
>>
>>29096766
Zinnia is a character that wants to summon and power-up Rayquaza to stop a meteor that's going to collide with Earth.

Her plan for this is to steal Mega Bracelets from a ton of trainers, then go to Rayquaza with them and hope it's enough to get him to Mega Evolve.

You're introduced to her assaulting Brendan/May and yanking their bracelet, and then the same thing happening to Wally immediately after.

You also learn from Steven that scientists in Mossdeep are trying to stop the meteor as well, and have built a device that will warp the meteor away from Earth.

Zinnia REALLY hates these scientists and their plan, because according to her, this device will transport the meteor to an alternate dimension and hit Earth there because that universe doesn't have Mega Stones. She gives zero evidence to back this claim up, you're just supposed to believe her.

Suddenly Mossdeep are attacked by remnants of Team Magma/Aqua, and you and Steven stop them. While you're fighting Courtney/Matt, Zinnia sneaks into the space center, grabs the device the scientists have been working so hard on, and fucking destroys it without hesitation.

Now everyone is forced to go along with her plan because the alternative is the meteor crashing into Earth, so you go with her to the Sky Pillar. Once you reach the top, she physically knocks you out, just because she can I guess.The actual reason is the devs want the scene to take place at night, so she knocks you unconscious as an excuse to change the time of day, but it's still shit.

Rayquaza shows up, and she's ready to Mega Evolve him and save the world after destroying the only other possible thing that could save it if she fails.

And she fails. Rayquaza does not react to her and does not have the power to save the world.

(1/2)
>>
>>29096801
this tbqh famalamadingdonghongkong
>>
>>29096766
>>29097211

(2/2)
But by SHEER COINCIDENCE, the meteor you picked up is Rayquaza's Mega Stone and Rayquaza wants to bond with you! So you get to ride with it into space and stop Deoxys, saving the day. Zinnia is a hero for helping you save the world, and flies off into the sky with no remorse for her actions.

Zinnia is a fucking Mary Sue, man. She comes out of nowhere, has no redeeming features to her character unless you count her leitmotif, it's pretty good, but that's unrelated to how she's written and yet she's treated like a fucking hero by the narrative. She fucks up everyone's best chance for survival because of a radical belief that's never proved to be true and because she has her own plan that will totally work guys, and then her plan doesn't work as intended, and the only reason the world wasn't destroyed because of her actions is because you were there with a deus ex machina.

Also things were retconned so that she's partially responsible for Groudon/Kyogre awakening, as >>29096796 said.

Also have that Jap pastebin that explains in more detail how fucked up Zinnia's plan it, because it needs to be posted in every Zinnia thread.
http://pastebin.com/6iXDxAcf
>>
Because she's like a bad self insert with a Mary Sue complex. Everything revolves around her while in reality it shouldn't. It should be about you, the protagonist. It makes her very obnoxious and bad as an overall character.
>>
>>29097211
>Zinnia REALLY hates these scientists and their plan, because according to her, this device will transport the meteor to an alternate dimension and hit Earth there because that universe doesn't have Mega Stones. She gives zero evidence to back this claim up, you're just supposed to believe her.
>Zinnia saves the superior Emerald universe
Wtf I like Zinnia now?
>>
>>29097211
>>29097236
Thanks anon, you saved me having to explain it myself.

Her only redeeming features are that she's fuckable and her battle theme is fucking rad.
>>
>>29097211
>>29097262
Actually, her main grievance with the scientists' plan was that it required Infinity Energy to work, which would have caused the deaths of many Pokemon in the process. The alternate universe thing was just a minor second reason/"What if" scenario. Still though, destroying the Link Cable and effectively forcing them to go with her plan with no backup was a total dick move.
>>
File: just stop.png (23KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
just stop.png
23KB, 625x626px
>>29096766
>I don't have shit taste so I never played ORAS postgame
>>
>>29097670
I wish I hadn't played ORAS's terrible postgame. Literally made me drop the games.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.