[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you can rub off your pokemon status condition in pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon-refresh-c41e_n7fw.png (2MB, 1672x929px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-refresh-c41e_n7fw.png
2MB, 1672x929px
>you can rub off your pokemon status condition in pokemon refresh
>rotom dex shows you red flags in places you should go to
>effectiveness of the attacks is now visible

come up with another thing that will make this game even easier
>>
>>you can rub off your pokemon status condition in pokemon refresh
>implying pokemon centers arent free anyways
>>
>>29086555
nigga if you never had your pokemon faint BEFORE you got to a pokemon center you should just get out
>>
>>29086525
>>effectiveness of the attacks is now visible
you should already know what's effective you fucking casual
>>
>>29086525
Stop with this meme please. These things have no impact on the actual difficulty of the game.
Let's talk about underleveled opponents and boss battles without a full team instead
>>
>>29086568
They got rid of that in Gen 6 already

>>29086555
The trips of truth hold true
>>
File: 1440219754593.png (457KB, 805x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1440219754593.png
457KB, 805x1001px
>>29086525
>effectiveness of the attacks is now visible
I actually adore this one, don't have to tell my daughter which moves to use
The pokemon refresh one is no worse than amie boosts

Exp. all is coming back
>>
>>29086575
As if I have to guess about those new shitmons you know shit about that you are only seeing for the second time.
>>
>>29086568
But Anon, in Gen IV, Poison was changed so that once your Pokemon hit one HP outside of battle, it is automatically cured.

Then in Gen V, it was made so that Poison wouldn't damage your Pokemon outside of battle.

So nobody after Gen IV has had to deal with their Pokemon fainting before they got to a Pokemon center.
>>
File: IMG_3440.png (57KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3440.png
57KB, 300x235px
>>29086568
You know that stopped being a thing since gen 5 right?
>>
>>29086525
>waiting time rubbing when you are 2 clicks away from a potion
it makes it harder not easier.
>using SE moves in pve, when you can one hit kill everything with a neutral surf from a pokewhore
the whole "it's easier" argument really comes from shit tier noobs who probably needed savestates to finishe pokemon yellow
>>
Friendly reminder that Pokémon Refresh is COMPLETELY optional and you will NOT be forced to use it!
>>
>>29086555
Pokemon Centers require walking back and in previous gens getting your Pokemon fucked even out of battle if it had poison.
>>
>>29086680
They removed poison damage years ago, and this is no different to using a full heal. It's neither easier nor harder, because you can't use it mid-battle
>>
>>29086585
this
>>
>>29086632
I think he means them fainting in battle because status effects?
>>
>>29086525
>You can rub off your pokemon
I wish
>>
File: Litten_fire_cat_Pokémon_(2).png (472KB, 617x426px) Image search: [Google]
Litten_fire_cat_Pokémon_(2).png
472KB, 617x426px
>>29086525

It make the game more fun.
>>
>>29086719
>They removed poison damage years ago,
That's what I said. In previous gens.

>this is no different to using a full heal
You mean the thing that requires buying or finding yourself? Yeah great comparison

>neither easier nor harder, because you can't use it mid-battle
Except it will do that too if this is like Amie, on top of randomly dodging hits and surviving attacks.

Stop pretending these games aren't getting easier when they clearly are.
>>
File: 1451159592822.jpg (6KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
1451159592822.jpg
6KB, 250x203px
>>29086615
>As if I have to guess about those new shitmons you know shit about that you are only seeing for the second time.
What?
>>
>people in this thread actually think nintendo will make sun/moon even a fraction harder than x/y

don't kid yourselves. nintendo have given up on meaningful single player gameplay and storytelling entirely
>>
>>29086601
>They got rid of that in Gen 6 already
A Pokémon would be healed of poison at 1HP in DPP, and overworld poison damage was completely fucking removed in BW. But please, keep up the "Gen VI ruined Pokémon" meme, faggot.
>>
File: 1446798962196.jpg (16KB, 444x452px) Image search: [Google]
1446798962196.jpg
16KB, 444x452px
This kind of sucks in terms of difficulty, but I play pokemon for battling after completing the game. This "pokemon is too easy" thing is getting old. Of course it's easy, retards. It's targeted towards 10 year old boys.
>>
>>29086848
>nintendo
>>
>>29086797
Sure OP. I'm not saying they're getting easier, but you're talking about artificial difficulty. There's nothing difficult in going to a PKMN Center, and you talk like you had to use more than 5 full heals in the entire game on past gens. These don't impact the actual difficulty of the game, at all. There are a lot of real things you could complain about, like the game not being balanced around the Exp. Share, but that point is moot too because the game isn't out yet and we know nothing about it
>>
>>29086896
What if they keep the info about the effectiveness in the postgame and in the battling?
>>
>>29086933
*they aren't getting easier
>>
>>29086525
I actually think it's a good idea. I liked stocking up for my adventure, making sure I had enough healing items Pokeballs, but healing your Pokemon on the field is really cool.

The best of both words would be that using Pokémon Refresh used up some sort of items that you have to buy in some shop that specializes in that kind of stuff.
>>
>>29086957
Then it still doesn't fucking matter unless you're at the bottom of the ladder

if anything, this makes PvP harder since you won't see kids who think Gliscor is a Poison type using Earthquake on it
>>
>>29086658
Friendly reminder that people who use caps and "!" unironically are not to be taken seriously.
>>
all pokemon refresh does is remove the tedium of having to go back to the pokemon centre and return
>>
>>29087011
You don't understand, anon. It's casualization! the game's ruined forever!
>>
I like that you can remove status in Refresh. It gives you more of an incentive to use a feature revolving around interacting with your Pokémon and you no longer need to stock up on a bunch of seperate healing items before you get Full Restores. You still need to stock up on Potions, so it doesn't remove the need to prepare entirely.

I like it!
>>
>>29087011
>all pokemon amie does is making sure that sometimes your pokemon will get an extra hit/evasion
>all exp share does is remove the tedium of grinding
>all GF does is make sure that by placing enemies and gyms with underdeveloped mons you get to the aftergame more quickly

sure jen
>>
>>29087060
Yes?
>>
>>29087011
even there, its still more tedious than using an antidote or something.
Or are those items seen as difficulty hits too by people?
>>
File: 1475893196486.png (173KB, 858x574px) Image search: [Google]
1475893196486.png
173KB, 858x574px
>>29086525
Better than forget full heals...
>>
>>29087083
According to /vp/, you're never ever allowed to use items or you're a casul
>>
>>29087038
Having to go back to a Pokecenter potentially means running into a lot of wild pokemon, or just not being able to use one of your mons going forward.
>>
>>29086525
>Gen I introduced items that could instantly heal status conditions
>for only 250 or less
>can use them literally anywhere
PRE-ORDER CANCELED
>>
>>29087053
Why the fuck do we need incentives? Just have the option of interaction there, people will use it if they want.
>>
>>29087125
>potentially means running into a lot of wild pokemon
It's a good thing that you can't run from wild pokemon.
That would be casualization at its finest.
>>
>>29086797
>You mean the thing that requires buying or finding yourself?
because money has always been sooooo hard to get in pokemon games
>>
>>29087237
You can still go back to Pokemon center yourself, if you want.

If you're searching for pokemon you can stay on your route now.
>>
>>29086525
>that dildonic bong
finally I can live the dream
>>
>>29087237
>implying there are times you can't get away
>>
>>29086525
Boofuckinghoo.
>>
>>29086933
>artificial difficulty

This doesn't mean what you think it means

Walking back to a center and risking getting fucked by wild pokemon/trainers/status isn't artificial.
>>
>>29086525
Effectiveness of the attacks are shown if you've already beaten that pokemon in battle

How is this different from other RPGs?
>>
>>29086797
>You mean the thing that requires buying or finding yourself? Yeah great comparison
Usually the first few areas of the game are full of Antidotes laying around, then they spend the whole game sitting in your bag doing nothing. I'd love it if they finally just got rid of the shitty condition-specific healing items.

I mean, they might as well just replace them with the berries that have the same effect. Same shit, except you're slightly more likely to actually use the thing.
>>
>>29087153
That's how game design works. You want players to have a certain experience - for instance, caring for their Pokemon to complete their journey - and so you incentivize playing that way. It's no different from an exploration-focused game placing treasure in hard-to-reach places or giving XP for uncovering the map. Systems should come together elegantly, not just be tacked-on extras that have no interaction with the main part of the game.
>>
>>29086612
>EXP All is coming back
EXP All was Gen 6 Exp Share.
>>
>>29086525
>Implying anyone had any issue with status conditions outside of battles thanks to berries/medicine, let alone Pokecenters
This has virtually zero gameplay impact.
>Implying a marker showing where to go next to advance the story matters at all
NPCs have always told you one way or another where to go next. The only way this would effect you is if you have shit memory, and even then, it'd be a good thing.
>Effectiveness of the attacks is now visible
Again, if you're not literally a child/complete newcomer to the series, these have zero effect on the gameplay.
>>
>>29087881
Seriously. SMT gives you this. If SMT gives you something it isn't babymode.
>>
>>29086525
its not like I had a shit ton of berries before
>>
>>29086525
Why do I get the feeling that even if they added a "hard mode" that removed these things, you faggots would still bitch?
>>
>>29087844
Get fucked by what, you've likely already cleared everything up to the point where you need to walk back.
>wild Pokémon
>implying that's not just a time waster rather than anything difficult
>>
>>29086568
Dude, have you played gen 5? That stopped happening there
>>
>>29086555
At least you don't have to use your full heals or whatever the fuck you use to remove the status of your pokes
>>
>>29088154
Wild pokemon you cant run from
Trainers you missed
Trainers you DIDNT miss if there's a point of no return like the exit of Mt. Moon
>>
>>29088371
Nigga if you missed the trainers the first time going back the way you came means you'd miss them again.
>Pokémon you can't run from
Like fucking what, the only time his happens is when you encounter Electrode or if you're an idiot using some low level Pokémon while walking through grass. These are inconveniences, not difficulty.
>>
>>29087971
They could have done t better than spending time with your friends = them being magically cured. Perhaps different battle animations where they look back to you, or moments where one of your Pokemon will be randomly happy, or having your Pokemon beside you being happy...Things that don't affect difficulty but are still things you can "earn" and are cute, and relate to actually bonding with your mon.
>>
>>29086525
Remove hack check completely.
>>
>>29087706
>using slow pokemon
>>
>>29088548
At this point, outside moves and abilities, there's no need for hack checking.
>>
>>29086525
>you can rub off your pokemon
>>
>>29088416
>Nigga if you missed the trainers the first time going back the way you came means you'd miss them again.
Not necessarily. You can unintentionally take a different path or pass by some trainer moving around you were able to sneak past the first time.

>Like fucking what, the only time his happens is when you encounter Electrode or if you're an idiot using some low level Pokémon while walking through grass. These are inconveniences, not difficulty.
Or if you just be happen to be using a slow pokemon and/or your remaining pokemon is underleveled. Too bad the game doesn't let you have underleveled pokemon anymore because of the exp share.
>>
>>29088633
Even when I used slow Pokémon in older games I never had that issue. That's not difficulty, that's tedium. There is nothing difficult about running from Pokémon or using a fucking repel.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.