/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people don't like the exp share Do you like grinding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1270.jpg (38KB, 578x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1270.jpg
38KB, 578x345px
>people don't like the exp share
Do you like grinding? If you like grinding so much just turn it off
>>
>>29086370
You can turn it off.

End
>>
>>29086370

I did for Alpha Sapphire.

Was just as easy and I didnt even grind. Just progressed through the game naturally. I think the reason Pokemon used to be hard was because "4 fire moves on charizard!" when we were kids.
>>
xy is still braindead easy with the exp share off
>>
>>29086405
Maybe if you use the gift Lucario
>>
>>29086370
>no replacement for the normal exp share
this is what really pisses me off

i don't want to level my entire party, i just want to help that one new party member catch up without doing stupid switch training
>>
>>29086475
this
literally would not care about the new exp share if they also had this as an alternative
>>
>>29086401
This. I think the shitty strats or the roleplaying we had when we were kid was the real difficulty
>>
>>29086370
grinding has always been possible, its just supposed to be tedious to discourage the player from overleveling and to instead attempt to best the challenge presented intelligently
multiplying xp gain 4x undermines that, allowing any challenge to be bypassed by pressing a button and invalidating the purpose of the challenge in the first place, drawing developer focus away from proper game design and level progression

early exp share makes for a bad game
its a useful tool for postgame since most/all the trainers will have been defeated, but giving it to the player early is a development crutch to keep them from having to make intelligent design decisions

people dont want it removed, people want gamefreak to put thought into their game rather than phoning it in
>>
>>29086370

I love it. It save me time.
>>
>>29086475
fucking this
>>
>>29086370
If they made the pokemon all wear this retarded ass helmet with exp share was enabled, would people still use it?
>>
>>29086370
Just started playing XY, turned off the exp share when i got it, turn it back on after getting tired of trying to keep the whole team of 6 at the same level, that and progressing so slowly, i don't really see a problem with the exp share, though it would be nice if the gym leaders would have more pokemons
>>
>>29086370
You don't need to grind in pre gen 6 pokemon games retard.

Exp share apologists are fucking dumb, by this logic it's fine just to set all your Pokemon to lv100 immediately because screw grinding right? xD
>>
>>29086401
Yeah pretty much. I just recently beat OR with just Blaziken and Latios, Level 60 each. It was probably such a breeze because I soft-reset them until I got good natures and immediately EV trained them.

That and Mega Blaziken Blaze Kicks through the game.
>>
>>29086401
Well, duh. You are supposed to teach it Cut for coverage, dumbass.
>>
>>29087614
I need to do some grinding after i beat the game, but only if a want to do some online battles.

In-game the only time i need to do some grind was in HG. Fuck that level curve.
>>
>>29086998
Make it a diaper.
>>
>Battle Style: Set
>Exp.Share off
>No grinding
This is the true way to play Pokémon.

When SM comes out, I'll be making a thread reminding everyone to put thier battle style to set.
>>
>>29086370
I don't like grinding for hours but I don't like being 10 levels over the elite 4 just because I beat every trainer on my way.
>>
>>29086370
At this point, the EXP share is only good for the inevitable romhack that has all encounter scaling balanced around it. Wish Game Freak would do the same. It's nice to have a team of mons in their 90s by the time I get to the E4. Feels like actual progression, rather than having the entire game end at around 50.

At that point, all that's left to do are things that don't raise EXP at all, like the Battle Tower/Maison.
>>
>>29086455
>implying anyone who isn't a tard uses gift pokemon
>>
>>29087396
how can you fuck up so badly?
>>
>>29087834
of course you went through the game easily bro. You basically only used 2 mons and a gift legendary who is already overpowered.
>>
>>29088095
This is why the games should have a hard mode that you can turn on and off at any time. Just in case you find yourself 20 levels over the gym leaders.
>>
>>29087979
Who the fuck plays with Shift?
I really hope nobody complaining about casualization does.
>>
>>29089100
Agreed fully
>>
>>29088926
Seeing as most of /vp/'s first hall of fame thread was:
>Kalos Starter
>Kanto Starter
>Smogon Bird
>Fossil
>Megadoggy
>Eeveelution or Aegislash

I'd say most of this site cleared the game that way their first time through.
>>
>>29089117
That's sad. I assumed people would try to at least have a little variety with some shit mons. I went through the game with a crap ton of liked crapmons and easily defeated the elite four... Of course the games not going to be fun if you use shit like that
>>
>>29086401
I disagree, I found ORAS to be the easiest games to nuzlocke
>>
>>29086370
Yea I like grinding. That's why I like jrpgs. You know, that thing pokemon is supposed to be.
>>
>>29089117
>Greninja
>Charizard
>Tyrantrum
>Aggron
>Hawlucha
>Goodra

I feel funny...
>>
>>29089382
I just feel like my pokemon are void of life now. Not only are the games more easy, but the 3D aspect doesn't leave much for your imagination to play off of. I don't mind the 3D, but they should have put a little more life or more animations into them, they just feel styrofoam.
>>
>>29089505
4-5 different animations is more than they used to have desu
>>
>>29089449
How does it feel to be like 90% of all the other pokemon trainers out there?
>>
>>29089527
What I am saying, is that the 3D is lack luster, and poorly implemented. I look at all these other 3D monsters in games and they have emotions to them, they act like they have life. I felt that pokemon lost that when they went 3D. In the 2D games you can imagine what your pokemon is doing, and so even though it didn't have many animations, or none at all, your pokemon still felt alive.
>>
File: TeamX.png (81KB, 663x407px) Image search: [Google]
TeamX.png
81KB, 663x407px
>>29089117

Well....
>>
>>29089598
>Using a legendary
Disgusting
>>
>>29089571
Pokemon Amie has all of that
>>
>>29089808
But it feels empty and void. Again it feels like something that doesn't really matter in the scope of the main game. Yes you can make the game easier this way, but that in itself makes it something I don't wish for. In SM it seems they are trying to make it more in depth, but I feel it will again be making the game easier than it already is
>>
>>29089505
>static sprites are ok, but 3d models feel like styrofoam
>>
>>29090030
>what is reading comprehension
Did you not even read my post? The older 2D sprites left it up to your imagination what they were doing and how they went about battling. I can say the same with other 2D static games back then. But with a moving 3D model, it just doesn't leave anything up to your imagination.
>>
just turn the fucking studio off, end it all now
>>
>>29089598
If it makes you feel better, Xerneas was nearly dead weight. Got his ass kicked every time he used Geomancy.
>>
File: waterboard.jpg (93KB, 482x480px) Image search: [Google]
waterboard.jpg
93KB, 482x480px
>>29086401
>>29086401
>>29086401

I turned the EXP Share for Alpha Sapphire and found most of it easy, but I had a really challenging time with the Elite Four because of how underleveled I was. I expected it to be Lv. 46-49 like the originals, but it was higher than that, and my team was more like Lv. 38-43 IIRC. I had to use a lot of Revives and items, I didn't use Mega Evolution which I realize might have made things easier.

I just did the postgame E4, the level offset was hell. Had to EV train my Pokemon and strap an Eviolite to my Magneton to make up for it. And the movesets were actually really good, did people really not struggle?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.