[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokémon Sun & Moon will not use the Stereoscopic 3D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

>Pokémon Sun & Moon will not use the Stereoscopic 3D during Battles
>The Stereoscopic 3D will only work while using the Poké Finder feature
well
yokai watch full 3d since 2013
>>
>>29082033
so its also confirmed to still run like fucking shit as well then
>>
Does anyone actually use the 3d switch? It always seemed like a gimmick to me, but then again I don't even like 3d movies so maybe I'm just old.
>>
>>29082033
>yokai watch full 3d since 2013
Not to mention it doesnt lag as much as pokemon and you can even rotate the camera in most locations
>>
>>29082078
It worked well on mario 3d land/mario kart 7
>>
>>29082078
No, no one uses the 3D except for little kids.
>>
>>29082094
and if i'm not wrong the sequel also has following yokai
>>
No one uses the 3d feature anyway, who cares?
>>
>>29082033
Do people actually use the 3D or are you just looking for something to bitch about? I thought the gimmick lost its luster back in 2011.
>>
>>29082033
Can I get a source on that?
Wouldn't surprise me, but I can't just go telling people about it without being able to provide a source
>>
>>29082139
Yep and third game also has Yo-kai following and 2 regions

Yo-kai watch gets everything Pokemon fans cry about
>>
>>29082033
This seemed pretty obvious to me. They could barely manage to run single battles and didn't work on any other battle format in XY and ORAS, and SM's models, environments, and effects only look that much better. There was no way the 3DS was gonna manage it.

Good thing it's a shit gimmick that most games flat-out ignore anyway. I haven't used it in years.
>>
>>29082114
>mario 3d land
yes
>mario kart 7
no
>>
The 3D novelty kind of wore off so no big loss there.

With the kind of art style the in-game models actually use, it doesn't really work that well either and you have to realize that these games will require a lot of horse power from the 3DS, now that they improved the graphics quite a bit, although hardly. Game Freak aren't exactly programming masters either, they always had their issues, why do you think Iwata came along during the Gold/Silver days? If it weren't for him, we wouldn't even have Kanto.
>>
>>29082167
Except good designs
>>
>>29082033
Yeah, you should probably go to the cool Yokai Watch board. Oh, wait. You're a faggot shilling a shit franchise that doesn't have a board. Good luck with that
>>
>>29082078
>>29082132

I use it when I am high. Shit is amazing. Sober not so much.
>>
>>29082233
And a functional battle system.
>>
>>29082251
DUDE
>>
>>29082233
Who cares? Surely not Yo-kai fans. And yet they're getting all the fan service Pokemon fans want but wont get
>>
>>29082033
And nothing of importance was lost
>>
>>29082240
(YOU)
>>
>>29082294
Wanting multiple regions is a meme and the people who want pokemon to follow again are in the minority.
>inb4 damage control
>>
>>29082078
It's useful in Kid Icarus Uprising and 3D Land

other than that no
>>
>>29082328
Yeah sure mate. I'll bet you'll say nobody really cares about post game aswell
>>
>>29082233
>they don't look like pokemon so they are shit designs
>>
>>29082317
Nice buzzword, you brain dead piece of shit
>>
Yo-kai have an average of 50 Polygons each though so it's a balance.
>>
>>29082033
I really don't give a shit about 3D, it's literally just a gimmick that not many people use.
>>
>>29082163
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/nintendo-3ds-games/1405255/pokemon-sun-moon-review-hands-on-with-the-best-pokemon-games-yet
for example
>Admittedly, it’s a little disappointing to see that none of Sun and Moon is playable in full stereoscopic 3D, but after the frame-rate issues in X and Y, it's probably for the best. After all, even X and Y only used the 3DS's glasses-free 3D in battles, and when you did have the 3D slider turned on, the frame rate nearly always took quite a drastic tumble. Without 3D support, Sun and Moon feel much smoother, and battles in particular are much better for it, as it means each monster's beautiful animations can really come to the fore.
>>
>>29082369
Have you actually taken a look at yokai watch designs? 90% of them are god awful.
>>
>>29082078
I used IT in 3D Land and Kid Icarus Uprising.
No other games really felt like they benefited from the 3D gimmick.
>>
>>29082582
that's just your opinion
>>
Reminder that while I, and honestly most of us, never ever used the 3D because it made the games run like ass, somebody out there surely did and are extremely disappointed with this news.

The complete removal of optional content is never an acceptable thing.
>>
>>29083173
That's pokemons bread and butter, which is why I never buy the games at release unless they have worthwhile additions, like from platinum to SS/HG.
>>
What about the overworld? Still no? Because if you forced it into 3D, it ran way more smoothly than battles.
>>
>>29082561
I had a feeling this was going to be the case. Once I saw Z-Moves, I knew the frame rate would take a much more noticeable dive than XY's.
>>
>>29082163
Also here:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/12/pokemon-sun-and-moon-the-little-details-no-ones-mentioning
>>
>>29083173
Literally who cares

3Dfags are cancer.
>>
>>29083573
Why?

Because they want something that is commonplace in other comparable media?
>>
File: CjKRDWIWEAAlXxc.jpg (33KB, 456x372px) Image search: [Google]
CjKRDWIWEAAlXxc.jpg
33KB, 456x372px
>>29082233
Bitch please.
>>
>>29083573
Lol apologising for Gamefreak's incompetent.
>>
>>29083923
Because it's a shitty gimmick with maybe 2 games who actually benefit from it. It doesn't enhance the experience at all and if you don't have a n3ds you need to hold your console in a retarded position if you want to use it.

If anyone is truly upset about it practically not being in SM is either retarded, a contrarian or literally 7 years old.
>>
>>29082033
WHOS THAT HORRIBLE POKEMON

GET THAT SHIT AWAY FROM ME
>>
>>29082033
>>Pokémon Sun & Moon will not use the Stereoscopic 3D during Battles

I know the phrase "Why was this allowed" gets overused a lot on 4chan, but why was this allowed? Seriously. No other company is allowed to release games for the 3DS that aren't full 3D, why does GF get special treatment. The 3DS has been out for years now
>>
>>29082078
>I don't even like 3d movies so maybe I'm just old.
That's because 3d movies are shit. I actually quite like 3d gaming, the Zeldas in particular look so much crisper and real with the 3D on
>>
>>29084380
Because Pokemon will milk money no matter what GF does.
>>
>>29082582
They fit in the world of Yo-Kai Watch
>>
>>29082033

Level 5 has way more experience than Gamefreak does and also a lot larger.

Level 5 at least wasn't on life support until they miraculously created their golden goose franchise.
>>
>>29082328
Nice bait
So I'll bite.

You're a fucking idiot. The entire fanbase wants it.
>>
>>29084405
Well 3D movies suck because of the 30% light loss. The 3DS doesn't have that problem.

I still really like the 3D too. Despite all the "hurr only 7 year olds like it" memeing, 3D isn't going anywhere with the rise of VR gaming. The 3DS was actually ahead of the curve.
>>
>>29084060
So the fuck what if a 7 year old is upset? That's the target audience you degenerate mongoloid.

There's a world out there that has people inhabiting people that aren't you.
>>
Now was this full actual game or a simple stripped down version? I could see where they'd block 3D for review to make everything smooth.
>>
>>29084640
He's 7, I'm sure he'll get over it. No need to get edgy there.
>>
>>29084689
so children aren't allowed to have complaints about the games that are targeted at them because 'lol they'll get over it'? If my kid wants Pokemon in 3D and is sad because it isn't, then hey guess what? It's officially my sadness too.

Once again, just because you aren't affected doesn't mean it isn't a problem.
>>
>>29082094
Yokai Watch has simpler models, and most of the shading is done on the textures, it's not really comparable.
Pokémon on the other hand has pretty complex models with smooth shapes, and the shading is dynamic.
>>
>>29082582
Yes, for Pokemon. They're great Yo-Kai, though.
>>
>>29084981
Future proofing was a mistake.
>>
>>29082078
>Not playing OoT and MM with 3D
Shit taste spotted
>>
>>29084981
Most models still look bland as fuck due to washed out colouring.
>>
>>29082078
Only children do, which explains why this thread keeps popping up now. The kids are home from school.
>>
>>29085037
That's a texture and lighting issue, coupled with the art style. Doesn't have anything to do with performances.
>>
>>29082078
Link Between Worlds looks amazing in 3D, also 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Smash Bros.
>>
File: 1439521409593.jpg (96KB, 424x620px) Image search: [Google]
1439521409593.jpg
96KB, 424x620px
>>29084929
I sometimes forget that /vp/ will bitch about absolutely anything
>>
File: Super_Street_Fighter_4_3D_cover.jpg (139KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Street_Fighter_4_3D_cover.jpg
139KB, 400x356px
>>29084380
They've let companies release 3DS games without any 3D for years now.

The reason they're doing it for SM is probably because people complained about the framerate in XY and ORAS enough and GF isn't competent enough / couldn't improve it with the ridiculous models they're forcing the 3DS to process.

Pic somewhat related. SSFVI3D normally runs at 30 fps even with the 3D slider all the way down unless you go into the in-game options and completely disable the 3D. Then it runs at 60 fps. I don't know why any other game didn't just offer this solution because it's obvious that just having the option to turn the 3D on and off on the fly takes up processing power even with the slider set to off.
>>
>>29085124
one day some dev will remove some dumb gimmick that 90% of people don't give a shit about, but it's your favorite thing ever.

I'm not asking you to raise up arms over this, but passing it off as ok just makes the above scenario more likely to happen, and if you can't see that then you're either a complete psychopath or...immature.
>>
>>29084640
>So the fuck what if a 7 year old is upset?
You fucking beat his ass for being an ungrateful little shit. You just bought him a $40 game and he's going to throw a tantrum because of a feature that may lower his experience being removed?
>>
>>29085408
He said upset, not a tantrum

Mind, this is also /vp/, where the two are one in the same
>>
>>29082078
Pretty much only the cut scenes of Luigi's Mansion.
>>
File: 1473366554918.png (343KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1473366554918.png
343KB, 550x550px
>>29082251
Yo, this guy fucking gets it.
>>
>>29082233
As someone who has never played Yokai Watch, Yokai watch does have a lot of really good designs. It's just that they don't really get as much attention as all the absolutely horribly designed ones.

It's important to note that Yokai aren't really like Pokemon, either; Yokai, even when there ARE multiple, are designed as single, individual characters, rather than as an entire species.
>>
>>29085139
I know that you arent arguing, just adding to discussion but I just need to

>The reason they're doing it for SM is probably because people complained about the framerate in XY and ORAS enough and GF isn't competent enough / couldn't improve it with the ridiculous models they're forcing the 3DS to process.

Inb4 gamefreak still pumps out a game that runs like dogshit and everyone ignores it like always.

And you fucks save me the
>you have no idea its going to turn out like dogshit
No. Its going to run like XY and ORAS does when 5 trevants are on the screen. Dogshit. And we will all eat it up like the shitcunts we are.
>>
>>29089955
>Inb4 gamefreak still pumps out a game that runs like dogshit and everyone ignores it like always.
>implying gen 1 didn't run like shit
>implying pushing hardware limits isn't something pokemon has always tried to do
>>
>>29082033
>(You)kai Watch
How are those sales coming along?
>>
It's pretty annoying because its likely Gamefreaks shitty 3d coding causing performance issues, we have seen much better looking games on 3DS have full 3D. This is the console that can run Xenoblade Chronicles and Hyrule Warriors in 3D. Gamefreaks definitely half asses things.
>>
Disappointing, since one one of the reasons I got a new 3ds was for the face tracking 3d and extra clock speed.
>>
>>29082167
>>29082294
That's because they're attempting to win over fans, rather than having an established brand.
>>
>>29082033
Let's ask ourselves this. Besides framerate issues and muh gimmicks, did we really lose anything of value here? 3D wasn't even used in a creative way, just felt tacked on just because.
>>
File: 1422825965514.png (309KB, 1097x835px) Image search: [Google]
1422825965514.png
309KB, 1097x835px
>>29085330
>not being a crybaby makes you immature
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.