[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this can't be fucking happening. SM look so good, they looked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 10

File: 1474930913486.png (249KB, 433x668px) Image search: [Google]
1474930913486.png
249KB, 433x668px
this can't be fucking happening. SM look so good, they looked so fucking fun, but now that we know the difficulty, it's pretty much established that they will be either as easy or easier than XY.

Fuck, why do they have to do this to us? I understand that they want to introduce the smartphone generation to their games, but is it really that fucking hard to add a hard mode? Do they just outright not like us?
>>
>>29077432
you can make the game harder intentionally

stop bitching
>>
>>29077432
If EXP Share exists, turn it off.

Battle Mode to set.

There, made it about 30% harder.
>>
>>29077448

Games that need fixing aren't good games
>>
>>29077466
>implying totems switch
>>
>>29077448
I tried doing that in XY, (max team size of 2 or 3, no grinding, minimal trainer battles, using shitmons,) but it still ended up being super fucking easy.

besides, why should I have to go out of my way to manipulate the game in order for it to be somewhat playable?
>>
>>29077469
So all the Pokemon games are shit games.
>>
>caring about difficulty
>in Pokemon
>ever
>>
>>29077480
>max team size of 2 or 3
so you made it easier for yourself?
less pokemon = higher leveled
>>
Literally what.

You're complaining about the difficulty in a game meant for children 7-12 years old.
>>
>>29077432
>muh difficulty is too low

look, I'd like a hard mode as much as anyone but don't pretend like pokemon hasn't always been easy.
>>
>>29077486
Kinda yeah. They're really just a medium for me to explore and enjoy the IP.
>>
>>29077432
I am going to do a nuzlocke run of that game as soon as I get it, hopefully that will make it somewhat challenging
>>
>>29077432
It was obviously going to be easy.
People who actually come to this board are generally dedicated fans. Its impossible to make a game difficult for us without alienating the largest part of the fanbase.
Just get Homebrew or CFW set up and play one of the many difficulty hacks that'll be made.
>>
>>29077508
easy != easier
>>
>difficulty in Pokemon
>ever
B2W2 were the only challenging games anyway
>>
>>29077535
easy = easy
>>
>>29077432
That preview was almost only listing things we've already talked about to death and figured won't factor that much into the difficulty. Almost, because it does bring up that Rotom alerts you to trainers that want to battle. But that might have to be necessary now that you can no longer dodge them through grid-locked movement.
>>
>>29077432
>part of a niche group
>still expecting to be catered to

Seriously, do difficultyfags just not understand how this works or something? The majority of people playing these games don't care about difficulty. They played with higher and lower difficulties and it obviously didn't matter enough to make it into future games. Realize that you're a minority and you won't be catered to or fuck off.
>>
>>29077503
Is Pokemon 'meant' for children 7-12 years old?
Recall that in the 80s, most video games really were designed for children 7-12 years old and they were much more difficult than those of today.
Appropriate for all ages 6+ doesn't mean it is designed for children. Tetris is quite difficult and is also appropriate for all ages.
>>
Just because you were a retard when you were a child doesn't mean the games were ever actually hard.
>>
>>29077704
>Platinum
>HGSS
>B2W2
>Emerald

Stop this meme
>>
>>29077719
>HGSS
>Emerald
>hard

Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>29077736
HGSS had a fucked level curve that made sure you were underleveled once you hit the E4. And Emerald threw a ton of shit at you at Winona and beyond. I replayed every game (with some limitations) to see any Pokemon game was ever at least challenging, and yes, they were.
>>
>>29077719
>>29077772
They aren't hard, you just suck.
>>
>>29077432
>Actually expecting the games to be hard
>Actually expecting them to include a hard move from the very beginning

It's your fault for being retarded.
>>29077700
>in the 80s
In the 80s you didn't have access to hundreds or even thousands of games like you do now.

Making the games hard was the only way to make them engaging and worth the money. Imagine if you lived in the 80s, payed good money for a NES game, and found out it was only a 6 hour long game like some are nowadays.

You'd be so pissed of you'd cancel that night's D&D session.
>>
>>29077772
Winona was okay but personally I only felt the twins and Drake were well done after that.

A Kingdra with ChestoResto and 4 jobbers was not hard for me

Level curve is a shit way of doing difficulty.

B2W2 are really easy for the majority of the game without challenge mode.

I agree on Platinum though.
>>
>>29077795
They can be. I minimised my experience gain to only what trainers would provide, no wild Pokemon, since the easiest and most probable way GF would balance out the level curve is through xp available from trainers. And obviously no X items since you can win with literally everything if you use those.

Sure, Pokemon may never have been 'hard', but it was at least challenging at some parts. Something that Gen 6 completely threw out with the number of tools distributed to the player without adjusting the difficulty as well.
>>
>>29077432
>"WAH, MUH DIFFICULTY"
>"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET INTERNET CRED OVER BEATING FUCKING POKEMON"
Pro tip: your e-penis doesn't get any bigger for playing Pokemon. If anything it becomes smaller. Also
>Blank OP image
>>
>>29077480
You played yourself bud. More Pokemon is harder In game
>>
>>29077547
And platinum

Hell BW had it's moments like Clay and Ghetsis
>>
>>29077432
because it's for children
>>
>>29077848
Oh hey it's you again

I'm that one other guy who did the Emerald run without hitting Level 50 and called it ez that bumped into you a while ago on another thread?

How's it been? Any other runs you've done to back yourself up recently?
>>
>>29077772
>(with some limitations)
>Gimping yourself
You're probably one of those people that doesn't do shit to better his life and still complains things never go his way.
>>
>>29077719
Nothing in Emerald is hard outside Flannery and Wattson. BW2 is just as easy as BW if not easier. HGSS is even easier than XY.

>>29077772
Being underleveled(depends how much even, i don't even know how you can be underleveled for an E4) the game throws crap like Xatu, Ariados, Bruno still has that fucking Onix, Murkrow and PHYSICAL JYNX at you.

Winona what? Tropius isn't gonna do much in a flying gym, it can even POWER DOWN her Pelipper. Plus a shitty Swablu. One of the few times where ORAS has it harder.

No Pokemon game but Platinum and BW2 Challenge Mode are hard. They're all piss easy equally.
>>
>>29077900
Hey I disagree with him but I like the way he does it. Helps get a more raw measurement of the easiness of the game.

I also find it interesting how experiences can differ based on team composition.
>>
>>29077895
Not him, but what was your team?
>>
>>29077837
Level curve is a pretty shit difficulty, true, but it's still difficulty for the purpose of the argument. Also, Wallace, though it might have been because I had no hard water counter.

>>29077895
I don't remember. Anyway, I'm doing platinum for fun.
What was your Emerald team?

>>29077900
They are reasonable limitations, of course. See
>>29077848

>>29077914
Level 30s-early 40s for HGSS E4. And since when did Winona have a Swablu?
>>
File: IMG_0590.jpg (135KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0590.jpg
135KB, 800x594px
>>29077432
>Cares only about difficulty instead of the story, the Pokémon, the metagame, or how fun the game will be overall
>>
>>29077700
No. Games have always been designed for a variety of audiences. It was a common mistake in the 80s and even today to think games are for kids

Games were hard because otherwise they would be very short due to storage limitations.
>>
Play a romhack
>but muh moralfaggotry
Kill yourself
>But I'm dumb and don't wanna brick my 3DS
Yoy won't dumbass, it's very easy to install A9LH+Luma
>>
>>29077952
See the problem with ORAS too is that the Metagame is shit and way too overpowered
>>
>tfw utter shit at videogames
>pokemon games are a lot of challenge
Im happy as it is
>>
File: swablu.png (11KB, 1065x124px) Image search: [Google]
swablu.png
11KB, 1065x124px
>>29077946
>And since when did Winona have a Swablu?
Since Emerald. So much for that
>I replayed every game (with some limitations) to see any Pokemon game was ever at least challenging, and yes, they were.
huh?
>>
>>29077432
>now

Did you really expect anything different from XY? Also pokémon is the babbiest RPG ever made in the first place. I bet you're the same kind of person who complains about being curbstomped online despite the fact they're used their lv.100 ingame team.
>>
>>29077930
Oh I had Swampert/Nosepass/Breloom/Linoone/Skarmory/I hate to admit it but Regice

Regice was my favorite legend before Topu Keko. I just didn't want to pass up the chance to use one of my bros. Regice did manage to cheese Wallace but I could see Walrein doing the same. Actually Regice only really smacked up Juan and Wallace, not even Drake.

Nosepass was surprisingly solid actually. Beat Drake's Salamence with some healstall.

The twins are actually kinda scary unless you take out Xatu immediately.

Most of the game was easy anyway unless your Flannery counter is male.
>>
>>29077995
>hacked 3ds
>made fucking obvious mistake
>still didnt brick
Its easy as fuck, just do it you lazy tub of lard
>>
>>29078035
>Swampert

There's your problem

That thing fucks everything sideways
>>
>>29078021
I only really remember her Altaria, who had Earthquake to fuck up rock and electric counters. It was a few months back anyway.

>>29078035
What were their levels?

The thing I noticed most is that it's much easier to power through the game feeding all xp to one pokemon than it is to maintain a full team, unfortunately. I always notice difficulty spikes when I start adding to my team.
>>
Games are easy. Deal with it. Everything single one of them, and yes ,BW2 too, stop that dumb meme. The only way to have a hard pokemon game is vía limitations
>>
>>29077848
>T-The games can be hard if you make it harder for yourself on purpose!

I'm sure life would be way more difficult if you cut off your thumbs, too.
>>
>>29077952
I don't care about the story at all. I expect absolutely nothing from it.
>>
>>29077432
Can someone please point me to where exactly anyone said "the game will be easier than XY", or is this just /vp/ jumping to conclusions again or someone's bait being taken as fact? Because I haven't seen anyone saying anything about the actual difficulty of the games in any of the reviews I've read, apart from the stuff about the battle UI which we've already known about for months now.
>>
>>29077432

>but now that we know the difficulty

Since when did we know the difficulty?
>>
>>29078151
The main objective at the time was to see if early games were really 'easier than XY', as some sentiment here goes. I've been exploiting AI and using super efficient grinding spots since forever, I had to apply a flat restriction to widen the differences in difficulty. And anyway, they are. My argument wasn't really that Pokemon was 'hard', but it was definitely harder than before gen 6.
>>
>pokemon has always been easy silly! xD

So why have you been playing the games for over a decade?
>>
File: 1448204069211.jpg (265KB, 955x951px) Image search: [Google]
1448204069211.jpg
265KB, 955x951px
>GAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE EASY
>NO I DON'T WANT MORE OPTIONS THEY INTIMIDATE ME
/vp/ confirmed for casual
>>
>>29078209
Why have you?
>>
>>29078209
Because you don't fucking play Pokemon for the difficulty, you never did, you play it for everything else that it offers such as designs or multiplayer. If you want difficulty you go play SMT or whatever, games that are made to be actually hard.

If i want difficulty from a platformer i don't go and complain that Kirby is easy, i play Super Meat Boy or other shit.
>>
>>29077719
While I don't think Emerald was actually that hard, Platinum and HGSS are indeed difficult. Pretty early on they start using moves and combinations that don't get used until later on (and easy games fail to do so during the entire gameplay), leaving no room for mistakes whatsoever. This at battles of same-levelled pokémon. As for B2W2, I think the challenge mode is worth mentioning so it counts. Saying features like set battle style are self-imposed difficulties is stupid considering the game gives you the option to change it freely and switch style is designed for kids anyway. I don't always use set but I turn it on at least for the important battles.
>>
>THESE GAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FOR 2 YEAR OLDS
>NO THEY CAN'T ADD A DIFFICULTY OPTION NO I DON'T CARE THAT THEY ALREADY DID IT ONCE BEFORE FUCK YOU
>>
>>29078276
I actually never use set, if only because it makes exp distribution more efficient

So far in my Platinum playthrough I actually game over'd at one of the scientists in the Eterna Galactic building, I was trying to grind up my magikarp anmd so swithcing out meant her had a turn to use a X Special. He proceeded to wipe me since the only other pokemon I leveled were Monferno and Budew, and Monferno couldn't KO in time.
>>
>>29078188
It's just retards being retards. Never listen to the vocal minority if you want to enjoy something.
>>
File: 1804.png (2KB, 239x258px) Image search: [Google]
1804.png
2KB, 239x258px
>>29078263
There is a big difference between easy and braindead. Kirby Super Star is much harder than Kirby's Epic Yarn. Guess which is the better game?
>>
>>29078263
Super meat boy isn't that bad. Shovel Knight is worse. Otherwise I agee. Pokemon is supposed to be an easy relaxing RPG.
>>
>>29078263
but it's not a game with XY's difficulty. You just press forward on the stick and press A. I dont feel connected to my XY team, specifically because I didnt go through any difficult times with them. For my HGSS team, I actually felt a connection with them.
>>
>>29077879
The only reason Clay was difficult is that nobody uses the Water types that come before him

>>29078353
I prefer Kirby's Epic Yarn, personally. The apartment building is super comfy and one of the best uses of hidden "stars" that I've ever seen
>>
>>29077719
>Platinum
What was ever hard about Platinum? You Sinnohfags always praise it as challenging and how difficult Cynthia is but she was a fucking pushover and before you cry about it, no I wasn't overleveld. I had more problems with Gehstis stupid Hydreigon than I ever had with any of Cynthia's mons.
>>
>>29078372
You were a lot younger and probably even more shit at the game when HGSS came out. The games have always been fucking braindead.
>>
File: Pokemon Emerald_02.png (12KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Emerald_02.png
12KB, 240x160px
>>29078076
>The game isn't easy, you just need to not pick the water starter
Besides, to give credit to Emerald, that's not true if you don't grind at the game corner for the Ice Beam TM which I didn't because I'm a lazy bum who didn't want to meticulously farm money for hours. Even against the twins before I could spam Surf I had to rely on a gangup from Swampert and Skarmory.

It cheapens Wattson but so could a Geodude. In fact Nosepass was of better use against Flannery's Torkoal even due to the Normal resist and access to paralysis.

And again, if one of the three starters, part of a mandatory choice representing your first Pokemon, breaks the game I think that one's on the game.

>>29078085
Like I said, not one above 50 by the end. The only other game I could pull this stunt with was BW.

I'm excited for when I do Platinum. These runs aren't even to prove a point anymore. I'm just trying to use all sorts of mons, but get some experiences on the side.

Also I want to replay XY in a similar fashion but it's not even a supposed braindead difficulty that turns me off. It's a lot of other things that annoy me.
>>
>>29078415
>He didn't 1HKO Hydreigon with Megahorn or Hi Jump Kick
shit taste in mons, I see
>>
>>29078353

Kirby Super Star is easy as shit to do 100% in comparison to Epic Yarn (assuming you aim for Gold on each level).
>>
>>29078406
First of all you have shit taste, second it doesn't change the fact that hard and easy are binary and that being easy means it should be even easier. It's basically a phone game now. If you're gonna tell me you prefer phone games then you have no place in this discussion.
>>
>>29078456
are not binary*, doesn't mean it should be easier*

massive brainfart
>>
File: Fwh4Cpy.gif (928KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
Fwh4Cpy.gif
928KB, 500x246px
>>29078372
>feeling a connection
>with just videogame data

I bet you are one of those fags that like following Pokemon, huh austismo?
>>
>>29078456
I don't, and no. Pokemon has always been completely braindead. You're just old enough now to realize that.
>>
>>29077508
>>29077552
>>29077704
>>29077795
>>29078100
Pokemon was always an "easy" game, but XY is in a new ballpark. If you can't find a difference in difficulty between HGSS/Platinum and XY, you should end yourself.

>>29078188
>>29078350
check the catalog you fucking retards
>>
>>29077432
>but now that we know the difficulty
Elaborate
>>
>>29078439
Why would you need the Ice Beam TM? You can just grab Blizzard until you get access to Dive. Even then the strongest Grass-type move in the game is Solarbeam and the next strongest Giga Drain so it's not like they're a huge issue.
>>
>>29078427
I replayed HGSS a couple months ago and I still had to retry the E4 a couple times.
>>
>>29077480
What? Why would you use less Pokemon?
>>
>>29078504
>>29078506
"For example we had to fight through a cave with various Yungoos hiding in specific holes, a sudden appearance of the delightfully ridiculous Team Skull, and then take on a giant Gumshoos. It wasn't any kind of strain on our skills or even really our Pokémon"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/hands_on_checking_out_a_new_generation_in_pokemon_sun_and_moon
>>
>>29078446
But I had Samurott, I was just too lazy to use a heart scale for it. :^)
>>
>>29078517
Marshtomp isn't exactly a Winona whooper without it.

Also shit you're right I could've gotten Blizzard but I guess I didn't want to risk the miss on the twins. Like I said, getting Xatu down first was very important. After that, Abandoned Ship and boom. Ice Beam.

>>29078554
>Pokemon Refresh giving you a Scope Lens, BrightPowder, Shed Skin, Focus Band and part of a Lucky Egg all at once
That would probably explain a lot. It's somewhat worrying, but I'm reserving judgment till the game gets here since that's still Totem 1.
>>
>>29078439
Interesting, I also didn't have anything above 50. Except Salamence, but that was because I sacrificed a lot of experience for it.

I don't think using Regice or legends in general is a very fair gauge considering you catch it at a level high enough to fight the E4 with, but eh. Beware the Eterna Galactic building when you start up platinum.
>>
>>29078353
That's garbage logic. Super Star has a completely different style of gameplay.
>>
>>29077432
We know the difficulty?
>>
>>29078588
Those buffs already existed in Amie.

>>29078532
What mons did you use?

I had trouble in XY but that's because my team was full of bad mons like Golurk and Delphox. I feel like HGSS is a lot more difficult if you don't use the ExtremeSpeed Dratini, in the same way that XY is a lot more difficult if you don't use the Mega Lucario
>>
>>29077480
>using less pokemon

so you made yourself overleveled? I know it's counter-intuitive but using only 1 pokemon is the easiest way to beat the games.

change the option to "set" instead of switch so it works like online battles where the trainers won't say "hey I'm going to send out geodude. want to have a free switch to your water type?"
>>
>>29078504
HGSS were the easiest games though
>>
>>29078764
Why do you say that?
>>
>>29078619
Again Regice only really cheesed half of Wallace's team and probably didn't even gain 10 levels throughout the whole run. I probably could've had a Walrein in the same place and similar events would've played out. It would have walled Juan's Kingdra and Wallace's Milotic, got curbstomped by Salamence's Crit Rock Slide during Drake etc.

Besides if you really wanted to metagame it up instead of using Whismur at Rusturf Tunnel you could wait till Victory Road and get a Loudred that's one Rare Candy away from Exploud and save loads of EXP yield, for example. If I remember legends are also harder to level up.

Thing is though you did minimal grinding and tried to Salamence, which I have to admit is really something.

>>29078692
Not him but when I went through HGSS the E4 themselves were pretty much crud. HGSS Bruno was the only thing I could say is almost as easy as Malva. However Lance was actually a tougher cookie than I expected. Not even because of his 3 Dragonites, no. It was my team's matchup with his Aerodactyl. Through being a cheapass abusing Smokescreen + Hyper Potions I survived with a half-underleveled team but still.

My team that run was Typhlosion/Togetic/Vileplume/Alakazam/Electabuzz(I'll admit it was bred from the gale of darkness Electabuzz though)/Slowking

Funny enough I had to recheck my save to remember I had Slowking.

>>29078764
Hey I'm on your side and I still admit XY are the easiest.
>>
>>29077875
>>29077497
>>29078537
>>29078694

I had a max party size of either 2 or 3, and I changed them to random shitmons every gym. Stuff like Shelmet, Skorupi, and a lot of other pre-evos. The only consistent ones (which would usually be about 4 or 5 levels above the gym leader's) were Marill and Togetic.
>>
>>29077973
That's not really my argument so I'm gonna ignore yours.

>>29077832
All I'm reading are excuses for why games from a long time ago were hard and games today are easy. Pokemon has been casualized. Give an 8 year old kid X and Y and he'll have an easier time completing it than Blue. End of discussion.
>>
>>29077568
Tell that to Democrats
>>
>>29078342
Exactly what I'm talking about. Even if they don't use items, they use move and attack combinations that imply postgame AI, which is ridiculous for low level pokémon.
>>
>>29077432
If you want difficulty+pokemon, play the game competitively.

You've grown out of the game's target demographic. Deal w/it.
>>
>>29078807
Alakazam steamrolls both Kanto and Johto games, that's why it was piss easy for you

I had an Exeggutor as my psychic type and it could barely do its job before getting killed

If I really wanted to I'd redo the games with the most effective possible team instead of just pokemon I like, but GF has always intended Pokemon top be played with whatever you like.
>>
File: 1472729593333.png (471KB, 597x799px) Image search: [Google]
1472729593333.png
471KB, 597x799px
These reviews tell us absolutely nothing about the difficulty of the games besides 'the first two hours will be easy', which is still fucking nothing because the first two hours of EVERY Pokemon game are easy, as the beginning is designed specifically to introduce new players to Pokemon.

But sure, go ahead and whine about it anyway as that's all you babies do here. I think a game designed primarily for chilren is just right for you.
>>
>>29078372
you're literally just autistic
>>
>>29077432
I hate to break it to you anon, but Pokemon games have NEVER been difficult. There's absolutely no reason to expect S/M to change that.
>>
>>29078959
But Republicans cater to rich people too. :^)
>>
>>29078497
>>29079023
>immersion isn't a part of video games

Why don't you just play pong then
>>
>>29079025
That doesn't mean they need to get easier.
>>
>>29078984
Yeah and that's why I brought in 'Buzz in HGSS and picked Mudkip, bothered to catch Regice etc. since like you said the game was supposed to be played with the mons you like.

I just feel like it shouldn't be considered the players fault that certain mons kill the balance of the game pre-gen 6. B2W2 Magnezone is probably still to me the most broken single player Pokemon ever not counting Mega Evolutions.
>>
>>29078497
>I don't immerse myself in a game
>I don't care about difficulty

So why the fuck do you play games then?
>>
>>29078828
>Give an 8 year old kid X and Y and he'll have an easier time completing it than Blue
Yet which game do you think he'll have more fun with?
>>
>>29079082
Ideally the game would make every team experience a similar degree of challenge, but that's simply not possible. The easiest way to do it would be through a steep level curve, but that isn't very fun most of the time. Pity.

Anyway, with SM coming out I'm going to do a mostly blind run and see if it actually is as easy or hard as what people will claim.
>>
Hey assholes, this is the first 2 hours of the game. You know, the part where you have to KO such terrifying bosses as an Onix or a Vivillon. This means nothing.
>>
>>29079192
>denial
>>
>>29079147
It's not even that, it's when one certain Pokemon has a big issue. If something felt too easy for me I always try to think of what could've made it better.

They could easily solve the Alakazam problem by evolving one of Bruno's Onix so I at least have to click Focus Blast or give Hitmonlee Sucker Punch or something, for example.

BW N could've been breathtaking had 4 of his Pokemon not been weak to Fighting with no resists and only one mon that has an SE STAB when said mon loses half its offenses at half health.

I feel like replaying XY could help make a lot of this more clear to me but I reaaaaally don't wanna go through all of the annoying "friends".
>>
>>29078788
trainers just have low leveled shitmons for most of the game.

I liked how standard trainers in XY had a big variety of mons. stuff like ace trainers also had interesting movepools.
>>
>not having a hacked 3ds so you can play the amazing difficulty hacks
I kinda feel bad for people that miss out, fighting teams of 12x12 was fucking fantastic even if it was one time only in hacked xy and oras
>>
>>29077432
Have you autists considered that maybe the games seem easy now because you're older and you've played a bunch of Pokemon games before? I thought Sapphire was hard as shit, but then again, I was 8.
>>
>>29079231
I just finished replaying XY, Platinum, and HGSS, (all within about 6 months Im pretty sure), and I can tell you that XY was incredibly easy compared to the others. Not even worth debating.
>>
>>29079231
>I thought sapphire was hard

well it is a 9 out of 10 on the Mohs scale
>>
>>29079228
That's true, but the low leveled trainer shitmons also leave you unprepared for shit like Claire and the E4.

>>29079226
I originally planned to do a XY run too, but I was in the middle of Eternal X (a difficulty hack) and even with the fun I was having the fucktarded dialogue made it painful to go through. God, I don't know what the fuck they were thinking when they wrote XY.
>>
out of all the previews ive read only one mentions difficulty and it says it feels more difficult

but that was metro and theyre convinced its a sequel to pokemon go

none of them even mention the exp share
>>
>>29077432
its a game meant for children
>>
>>29079338
I dont care too much about the exp share to be honest. People say it makes the game broken, but XY is still braindead easy with it turned off.
>>
>>29079387
so was HGSS and Platinum.

kill yourself, faggot
>>
>>29077432
I'm glad they're doing what they're doing to you. Fuck you, you probably deserve it for being such a little kid.
>>
So can someone fill me in, I just woke up is the EXP Share the same as gen 6?
>>
>>29081242
Yes, now let the tears escape from your eyes!
>>
>>29081307
:(
>>
>>29079426
And? Neither of those games were difficult.
>>
>>29077432
It's your own damn fault for being a delusional fuck. Anyone with a brain saw it coming miles away.
>>
>>29079099
Games are fun. Difficult and fun dont mean the same thing. Tag isn't difficult but it was fun as shit when I was little.

Difficulty might equate to fun for you, but if that's the case, idk why you ever bothered with Pokemon
>>
>>29079069
my point was that you should be able to feel connected to your mons for who they are, not if you've gone through difficult experiences with them.

not to mention that none of the games are difficult, and HGSS is one of, if not THE easiest pair of games in the franchise
>>
I just want another Pokémon Stadium or Coliseum or something similar. I liked having to actually think little about team building given all the restrictions.
>>
>>29078263
But SMT isn't that similar to Pokémon. There's no abilties or held items, postgames aren't repeatable and it's just not as transparent/figured outt: I still have no idea how turn orders in SMT games work.
>>
File: 1476039137367.jpg (26KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1476039137367.jpg
26KB, 500x333px
>>29078497
>immersion isn't important
> in a fucking role-playing game
>>
>>29078995
The first two hours of Yellow playing casually are hard tho unless you actually get Nidoran.
>>
>>29081473
And if your friends' legs were tied up so they were easier to catch, would tag still be fun?

That's what I fucking thought.
>>
>>29077432
>Do they just outright not like us?
It's not about them liking or disliking you. You don't even warrant consideration. People that care about the difficulty in kids games are insignificant to developers. Source: the entire industry.
>>
>>29082529
Bruh calm down and go play another series if you hate this one so much
>>
>>29079127
Blue, you filthy casual.
>>
>>29078826
Without grinding, you should never be above the gym leaders in level (they should in fact outlevel you).

Nobody cares what shitmons you use, if you have about 8-15 levels on the gym leaders you will blst through them.
>>
>>29077432
I swear all you fucking people do is whine, Pokemon games meant to be that hard. Turn the exp share off and don't spend time grinding wild Pokemon and the game will be challenging
>>
Why can't people just have some fucking fun even though its easy?
>>
We know next to nothing about the difficulty you fucking halfwits.
>EXP SHARE!
Turn it off
>Previews say it's easy!
The first two hours
>Type effectiveness on bottom screen!
Convenience. If you've played the games this long you probably already knew type match ups anyways.
>Rival takes starter weak to yours!
1) Plenty of you fuckers planned on boxing your starter anyways
2) It says nothing about the rest of his team. Most rivals end up with at least one Pokemon weak to your starter in their team anyways so why is this such a big deal?
>Older games were harder!
No. Certain moments in older games were harder. On the whole, they've always been easy if you know what you're doing. Only real consistently challenging parts came with the Battle Frontier or other Post-game areas.
You know what makes for a challenging in-game battle?
Opponent has a large team. That team uses all 4 of its move slots, and those moves are actually good moves(as in, those moves aren't Leer, Tail Whip, Fury Attack and Horn Drill), and the AI is competent enough to use appropriate moves at the appropriate time, or switch out if it's in a bad situation.
We haven't seen anything that hints towards a lack of those things. We don't know shit about the difficulty.
>>
>>29077432
Casual gaming is the f u t u r e
>>
File: 1476045960211.jpg (19KB, 204x190px) Image search: [Google]
1476045960211.jpg
19KB, 204x190px
>>29077432
maybe its because it caters to kids and not full-grown adults, y'know?
>>
>>29077432
There is no way they could ever making this hard on us without,making the games inaccessible for younger and newer audiences,it stayed much the same for 20 yeras and if after all that we where having a hard time the problem would be us and not the game
>>
>>29077432

Blame on modern gaming pampering those little snots. Now being too hard will be bad for kids. Hell, I have read about kids getting spasm from playing Kid Icarus.
>>
I think the main problem with ever making a difficult pokemon game, is that the series has gone on for so long, and we're played it for so long that there isn't much they can do to truly challenge players anymore without going hilariously high with lvls for pokemon, or go full-on Smogonfag with shit. And there's also the problem that no matter what challenge they offer, you and I both know that people will always overlevel their pokemon, breeze through it due to that, and then STILL complain that it's "too easy" due to autism.

It's mainly a problem of how to deal with the problem of crippling autism with cheesing shit via overleveled mons or smogonfaggotry to ensure the games are a proper challenge again.
>>
>>29077547
>B2W2
>hard

Even """"""""""""""challenge""""""""""""" mode was easy as fuck
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.