[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take a kanto pokemon >make it ice or dark type STOP T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 4

>take a kanto pokemon
>make it ice or dark type

STOP
T
O
P

It's going to be the fucking same thing as regular muk except it now loses one weakness in return for losing the always useful fairy and fighting resistances. adding dark to a route 1 shitmon is understandable but this is a disappointment
>>
Get over it, crybaby.
>>
>Yokaian Muk
sad
>>
File: IMG_8455.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8455.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>29074055
>Poison/Dark
>Poison
>Not an untainted natural variation with a completely different typing
Why live?
>>
>>29074055
>Alolan formes are an attempt to make shitmons viable in OU
>Gamefreak balancing stuff
>implications
>>
>losing your shit over an obvious fake
FOR WHAT PURPOSE???
>>
>>29074098

>gf
>caring about making things viable
>>
>>29074055
>gaining an immunity is bad

It could be so much fucking worse.
>>
>>29074098
it's not about viability for me, it's about the purpose of making it at all. alolan marowak, sandslash and ninetails have completely unrelated typing to their counterparts, so it's fresh and they are going to be used very differently and have different uses.

but this thing is pretty much the same thing as the grimer we already have in both design and use. if you're going to make an alolan grimer there are so many more creative routes to go than just making it evil.
>>
Prepare for Team Skull to have Alolan Grimers, kiddos.
>>
>>29074098
>Any Alolan Form of Kantomons
>OU viable
You are either dumb, or have your hopes up way too high. Aside from Raichu (and maybe Weezing if it gets an Alolan form like Muk does), which Alolan form is NOT a side grade or even a down grade? Just look at Alolan Sandslash.
>>
>>29074102
>fake

LMAO
>>
>>29074094
Actually, if these were how actual Alolan variants went, it would be so much better.
>>
>>29074094
You should kill yourself so less food needs to be produced to keep your worthless ass alive and the food can go to African kids instead.
>>
>>29074094
Nyankishi is the best one
>>
is it just me or are we suddenly just gaining a lot of Kanto mons as Dark type?

This seems like it's kind of implying that asides from these, Alola won't in fact have many original ones to begin with, if it even has them.

>Gains teeth

Makes me wonder how Alolan Muk will look like.

hold on

What if the teeth and the yellow part is in fact Grimer's true form under all that grime? I mean, it's a stretch, but.

with all these different forms shit, Alola and Midday and Midnight forms, I'd be surprised if the starters didn't had something of that sort to a extent but eh.
>>
Typical 4channers. 'If I don't like their designs, they're fake'.
>>
>>29074221
Alolan Marowak is shaping up to be way better than its Kanto counterpart.
>>
I fucking hate this digusting design , they didn't even fucking try ... It sucks that this is not a fake
>>
>>29074107
>literally the supposed reasoning for Megas
>fuck it up by giving it to legendaries and pseudo legendaries
>>
>>29074055
Losing the fairy and fighting resistances is worth it for the psychic immunity alone.
>>
>>29074412
aside from alolan raichu and vulpix, everything we've gotten are types are are not prevalent in Kanto.
>Exeggutor: Grass/DRAGON
Only dragon-type in gen 1 was Dragonite line
>Marowak: Fire/GHOST
Only ghost-type in gen 1 was Gengar line
>DARK: Rattata/Raticate/Meowth
didn't exist in gen 1, no Kanto pokemon retconned to dark in gen 2.
>STEEL: Sandshrew/Sandslash
didn't exist in gen 1, only Magnemite line retconned to steel in gen 2.
>FAIRY: Ninetales
didn't exist in gen 1, only 5 pokemon (Clefable line, Wigglytuff line, Mr. Mime line - not counting later-gen prevos) retconned to fairy.
Alolan forms are making up for what Kanto lacked.
>>
>>29074506
I hope we get another Ghost type alola form.
>>
>>29074055
I guess they just realized they can give every Pokemon a Mega so they just change their design and add a typing along with redistributed stats but even then not every Pokemon is meant to be great competitively
>>
Losing bug, fairy, fighting resists for psychic immunity, dark and ghost resist seems okay to me.
>>
>people don't realize that it likely means that Alolan Muk will hard counter Greninja
>>
>>29074506
That's pretty cool anon
>>
>>29074090
Grimer is pure filth brought to life by moonlight, what would a clean form even look like?
>>
>>29074670
Clean form could be made of some natural substance of similar consistency. Like lava or tar.
>>
>>29074598
lol

Implying Muk will be ubers, how sweet
>>
>>29074380
>African kids
>not worthless
>>
>>29074094
I mean, that's actually better than most of the variants we've gotten.
>>
>>29074221
>>29074434

And Exeggutor has definite potential
>>
>>29074205
Evil is good.

Grimer joined the nwo with comfy cat and crimelord rats.
>>
>>29074055
you can't find grimer on route 1 tho, anon

route 1 shit mons are normal type rodent hm slaves
>>
>>29076514
They got more worth than the ghetto niggies.
>>
>>29074055
>theet
fucking why?
>>
>>29074055
Where are the other pictures? I don't want to wait until friday dammit.
>>
>>29074670
A psychic/fairy moon rabbit with a liquid body.
>>
Regional variants is my favorite new idea in years, and I really hope that they won't waste it by making half of them "the same thing but nocturnal/in the arctic"
>>
>>29074412
This issue, at least sourced by Serebii, is supposed to have at least 3 new Alolamons
>>
>>29076715
Snow and night are the most common mutations on earth.

There's probably unexpected types next. Like water ekans or fire diglett.
>>
>>29076748
More like Poison/Steel Ekans and Ice Diglett
>>
>>29074055
Well, it's not a bad way to beef up the ice and dark types a little bit, without having so strain so much about coming up with new Pokemon entirely (which, even though it's nice, realistically, it's a lot more work involved. What with having to make new models, think of what the 'mon is and does, cries, what it learns, does it evolve, etc).

At least not all of them are Ice or Dark. A-Raichu has Psychic, A-Exeggutor has Dragon, and A-Marowak changes types completely into Ghost/Fire.
>>
File: CpgNAeXWEAAe1-P.jpg_small.jpg (9KB, 258x330px) Image search: [Google]
CpgNAeXWEAAe1-P.jpg_small.jpg
9KB, 258x330px
>>29076748
If they do Flying Diglett they can take my money
>>
Honestly if they give it Storm Drain it truely will, and I'm glad cause nothing really before could take Greninja down. But a bulky, still heavy hitting Poison/Dark mon like an Alolan Muk would could. Cause it does get Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb so for the most part Greninja can't do shit to stop it. While we don't know if gamefreak does it right it could mean they are literally creating actual Counters than simple Checks to the monstrosities of XYORAS Singles and Doubles.
>>
>>29076715
Same. I've wanted Delta Pokemon for YEARS and was ecstatic when Alola Forms were announced, but as always, leave it to Gamefreak to squader a good concept and execute it lamely as always. I don't even care about lol who knows why explanations, I just want more wacky and unexpected type combinations.
>>
>>29074094
kill yourself
>>
>>29076805
ability grounds all other pokemon on the field
>>
>>29074670
>Ground/Water pool of tar
>Fire lava

There's probably more. inb4 Koffing is also Poison/Dark
>>
>>29076786
Ice diglett nice.

There's about 40 something mons left to change types.
>>
>>29074670
A fucking water/grass type to show it was born from ponds?
water/ground to show it was born from beaches?
fire/ground or rock to show it was born from volcanoes?
or just monotype any of these and it would've been WAAAAAAY fucking better
>>
>>29076805
Nice, reminds me of mario bros.
>>
>>29076968
A ghost/dragon type made from decomposing Dragonite?
>>
File: Great mighty Muk.jpg (151KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Great mighty Muk.jpg
151KB, 800x600px
ALOLAN MUK LEAKED
>>
>>29076895
Koffing could just become dark water.
>>
>>29074072
>>29074102

Off the board samefag
>>
>>29076867
That would work if it was ground/flying type for that EQ. Not so much for pure flying.
>>
>>29074506
Gen 1's distribution of the ice typing was also out of whack. There really weren't any "normal" ice lines like Swinub, Spheal, ect. That's probably why they added the two ice-type Alola forms.
>>
>>29077018
>Ghost/dragon from decaying dragonite
...does that mean we are Dark souls boys?
>>
>>29077030
You are just full of shit.
>>
>>29077018
dragon/fairy dragonite, I want to see a pink barney
>>
>>29074055
Really wish it was something like a mud puddle, being Ground type
>>
>>29074430
>Typical 4channers
Fuck off back to Reddit.
>>
>>29077687
What constitutes a "normal" ice type?
>>
>>29074055
poison/dark is one of the best types in the game desu. Can't wait to use him
>>
>>29074506
Yeah. More balance plus ice and ghost and dark are rare types.

I hope we get ghost poision koffing.
>>
>>29074072
>>29074102
End yourself.
>>
>>29080376
Three of the ice types were secondary to a water type, two of those three only gaining their ice type upon evolution. Jynx is ice-psychic which comes across as a bit unusual compared to more typical ice types later on, and all that's left after that is a legendary pokemon. Ice had fairly late-game distribution, probably because it's only any good against another late-game type.
>>
>>29076825
Greninja already is a glass cannon.
priority users like mega mom and any other sucker punch user is usually enough if they stay in with ninja.
not to mention technician Skarmory.
>>
>>29080638
*Scizor
not Skarmory
>>
>>29074221
Alolan Ninetails could be the special-offensive Ice type we've all been waiting for.
>>
>>29074055
>having the corocoro
>can leak the pseudolegendary or the mystery behind Type:Null a very mysterious and intriguing pokemon
>decide to post a picture of a recoloration of Grimer.
FUCK THIS LEAKER
>>
>>29074055
The fighting weakness sucks but its spec def is so good that like who cares about fairy moves lmao tank one hit and then one shot the pink bitch
>>
>>29080777
You know that Fighting and Fairy moves are equally effective on a Poison/Dark type, right?
>>
>>29076968
This grimer was born from oil spills in alolan seas, its more topical.
>>
>>29074506
Hell yeah, good point.

I am actually quite happy with what we have got so far
>>
So.... where's the next set of images?
>>
>>29074506
This. Kudos anon
>>
>>29074506
I wonder what this would mean for future generation's regional variants
>>
>>29074430
Lol m80
It's 4chums
>>
>>29081981
Johto regional forms in sinnoh.
>>
>>29082004
>not Sinjoh with regional variants of both Johto and Sinnoh Pokémon
>>
>>29080527
A snow ghost seems icy enough
>>
>>29074670
Pure water. Goes from just a pile of sludge to just a blob of water.
>>
>>29081082
>missed the point entirely

Anon, do you ever use muk or are you just shitposting for shits sake?
>>
I'm glad gen 1 finally has some Dark types.
>>
>>29084709
What was bad about Murkrow and Houndoom?
>>
>>29085086
>gen 1
>>
>>29074670
Pure moonlight
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.